Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Yoga for Anti-Aging, is it effective?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Just because something is herbal doesn't mean its automatically going to be better for you - and thats important to consider. Its like people who say you should only eat organic. Its a label used and misused by many shops and so when you are buying organic, it doesn't always mean its fresh from the tree (so to speak) but fits into the guidelines of that.
Just sharing because its a mistake a lot of people make. Whilst going natural as much as possible is good, it isn't everything. For example, when you mentioned protein supplements before, these are unlikely to be natural. Lilith shared about hers.
I know there are various organic and plant based proteins on the market around for example.
You just got to do some digging and research.
stephenlopez wrote:
Also, I found this article about herbal anti-aging supplements, and the word herbal really attracted me a lot!

http://danielhealthadvisor.cabanova.com/
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I' not really sure about herbal supplements. But, I've heard that antioxidants are effective for anti-aging as well as prevents various health problems. I'm not sure about my research but i found these:

https://goo.gl/AJyj47
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes antioxidants are good but I'm not sure you need them at your age. You see if you were suffering from extensive amounts of sun damage and in your 40's then these would be good at helping to heal the damage, but being young and in your 20's you are unlikely to be at that place where these will make a huge difference to you.

Eating relatively clean diet thats good for your body is by far one of the best antiaging things you can do that includes lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and you will get the vitamins and minerals from that for sure.
stephenlopez wrote:
I' not really sure about herbal supplements. But, I've heard that antioxidants are effective for anti-aging as well as prevents various health problems. I'm not sure about my research but i found these:

https://goo.gl/AJyj47
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
So, what should I carry as meal prep for me? Something that's not just healthy but can also be good to fulfill my hunger. Right now, I carry 3 meal boxes at work, I carry stuff like my leftover pizza from dinner or some other things like instant noodles. Can I make some changes to this diet?
Lilith_10
5% products discount

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Of course! Especially if your start early this will make a big difference. Google e.g. Asian Lunch boxes (they have a long tradition for it and some very healthy options). There are many options go through them and adjust them to your needs - We only stick to things we really enjoy!

E.g. I love a protein (winter) or green smoothie (summer) in the morning. It satisfies my, is light as after heavy breakfast I otherwise get tired. But I know that others need a heavy breakfast to feel good! E.g. porridge (see Dr. Pericone Skin diet) or even rice (kongee) can then be a good start, Banana-Oat-Pancakes - delicious and you can have them at breakfast and as a snack inbetween. I love raw lunch boxes as well crudities with a healthy dip. But you have to adjust it to your needs - e.g. if one has to work physically it needs far more energy heavy foods then in an office job.
Google - for healthy foods - here are some rescources you can start with - there are many more:

slimpalate
liveleantv
thisrawsomeveganlife
a-kitchen-* spam alert *
youngandraw
deliciouslyella
thehealthyhomeeconomist
healthyblenderrecipes
elanaspantry
nutritionstripped
nourishu
vidyaliving
foodmatters
mikaelareuben

(I am not a member with the allowance to post links - so you will have to add these addresses to your browser and add .com at the end).

However, it is all about learning. Listening to yourself - and adjusting food to your needs. E.g. if you noticed you are puffy, inflamed or fatigued in the morning - ask yourself what you ate last night... often these are early signs of allergies... if you catch them before they develop you are on the road to vitality.

There are wonderful food pioneers Ann Wigmore, Norman Walker, Gabriel Cousens (he developed even a programm how to reverse diabetes in 30 days!)... Karyn Calabrese has a good YouTube channel - however, she is like others above raw vegan...and that takes some doing...

If you want to stay with meat and feel good with it there are plenty of options too...*Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon...

Well, from here it is up to you... I truely believe if add good habits early into your life you will have a painfree and healthy body...

5% products discount

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Lilith_10 wrote:
Of course! Especially if your start early this will make a big difference. Google e.g. Asian Lunch boxes (they have a long tradition for it and some very healthy options). There are many options go through them and adjust them to your needs - We only stick to things we really enjoy!

E.g. I love a protein (winter) or green smoothie (summer) in the morning. It satisfies my, is light as after heavy breakfast I otherwise get tired. But I know that others need a heavy breakfast to feel good! E.g. porridge (see Dr. Pericone Skin diet) or even rice (kongee) can then be a good start, Banana-Oat-Pancakes - delicious and you can have them at breakfast and as a snack inbetween. I love raw lunch boxes as well crudities with a healthy dip. But you have to adjust it to your needs - e.g. if one has to work physically it needs far more energy heavy foods then in an office job.
Google - for healthy foods - here are some rescources you can start with - there are many more:

slimpalate
liveleantv
thisrawsomeveganlife
a-kitchen-* spam alert *
youngandraw
deliciouslyella
thehealthyhomeeconomist
healthyblenderrecipes
elanaspantry
nutritionstripped
nourishu
vidyaliving
foodmatters
mikaelareuben

(I am not a member with the allowance to post links - so you will have to add these addresses to your browser and add .com at the end).

However, it is all about learning. Listening to yourself - and adjusting food to your needs. E.g. if you noticed you are puffy, inflamed or fatigued in the morning - ask yourself what you ate last night... often these are early signs of allergies... if you catch them before they develop you are on the road to vitality.

There are wonderful food pioneers Ann Wigmore, Norman Walker, Gabriel Cousens (he developed even a programm how to reverse diabetes in 30 days!)... Karyn Calabrese has a good YouTube channel - however, she is like others above raw vegan...and that takes some doing...

If you want to stay with meat and feel good with it there are plenty of options too...*Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon...

Well, from here it is up to you... I truely believe if add good habits early into your life you will have a painfree and healthy body...

OH GOD! You did so much research for me and shared it, Thank you!

Well, even I found some amazing blogs that can help everyone with the aging concern, I hope you find these useful:

http://www.health.com/beauty/best-anti-aging-tips#1-anti-aging-younger

http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/homemade-tips-for-anti-ageing/

https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/anti-aging/

https://draxe.com/anti-aging-foods/

https://danielhealthadvisor.bookmark.com/
Lilith_10
5% products discount

Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:52 am      Reply with quote
Hey, Stephen,you are most welcome - I just gave you a part of what I researched myself - when my health was nearly failing some years ago. If I would have known half of what I know know I would have never had a problem. But I am so glad I did take charge of my health - the knowledge and vitality I gained are priceless to me... so I am glad if it would give you a head start - so to speak! Thanks for the links!

5% products discount

Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
UPDATE!

It's going to be a month tomorrow since I started performing early morning Yoga and I've never felt more refreshed before. I mean the gym used to make my muscles sore but yoga is just making me feel good, I feel good all day. You people helped me during my complete journey. I also made some choices with supplements and right now I'm using multivitamins.

Also, I found out that yoga is not just an effective way to counter signs of aging, It also helps with weight loss (https://zovon.com/hot-topics/weight-management/yoga-workout/yogic-yoga-weight-loss/), and with this information, I'm planning to perform Yoga for a longer time period.
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
That's fantastic, Stephen! Keep it up! There are so many different types of yoga, I'm sure you will never get tired of it. You are young and with all your knowledge you will be way ahead of the game by the time you enter middle age. Very Happy
Lilith_10
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Great to hear that you made already through a month. This is quite something! A wonderful side effects of Yoga - clarity and positive discipline...

If you start with a Green Smoothie in the morning after Yoga you will see weight loss - if this is one of your aims. What a lot of people do not realise that 'puffy weight' comes from toxins stored in tissues and inflamation. With a month of Green Smoothies in the morning you will tackle both of these aspects and feel better.

Have a beautiful day!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Thats wonderful Stephen. Long may that continue. If weightloss is your thing, I'd really recommend following Lilith's suggestions re green smoothies. They are alkalising as well so thats really good for antiaging purposes. I know there was a discussion sometime ago where it was said that juicing was better first thing, but juicers take up a lot of room and make a lot of noise plus they need thorough cleaning afterwards whereas with a smoothie, you just chuck it in the blender and volia, and these are easy to clean too.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Oh and before I forget, inversion postures are good but you need to be careful. People with glaucoma for example will often find symptons worsening if they try inverted postures. There are a few other conditions too so just a word of warning. However they develop a lot of strength, not just in the arms but the core as well. If you can't do a headstand, you can buy inversion boards and holders too that will make it more easy to do. Plus you can get headstand shoulder stands too that take the pressure off the arms and neck too. For a long time I used one and it helped a lot, plus my girls are big (my breasts) so I used to prior to using the stand end up falling all over the place, but these stands really helped me.
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not doing many Yogasanas right now, just a few good ones. One of my favorite is this and it is easy to do:

stephenlopez
5% products discount

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I mean I found many others and the page where I downloaded it from has such nice gifs of yoagsanas!

I mean just check this one

This page is so amazing https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/anti-aging/
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I have a great dvd by Barbara Currie that has various yoga postures on it. So its really about finding what works for you - and that can take time, but if you are enjoying the above poses - keep at it.

You may want to consider going to a proper class sometime as its easier to get tips and help with some of the more difficult postures to do and you can get guidance on your form and technique too.
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Are you talking about this https://www.amazon.com/Barbara-Currie-Power-Yoga-anglais/dp/B001G3ENLC

??

Well, this is quite expensive for DVDs and I'll try to get it once I get my paycheque. Until then I'm relying on all this online content.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't actually - but shop around because I have seen that same dvd cheaper and on amazon too.
She has a lot and books too and I like her style.
Although she is more mature than a lot of youngsters, I also like that she got into it late and worked up to her current regime which is inspiring.
However a lot of her books you can get quite cheap second hand too. So its worth considering.
stephenlopez wrote:
Are you talking about this https://www.amazon.com/Barbara-Currie-Power-Yoga-anglais/dp/B001G3ENLC

??

Well, this is quite expensive for DVDs and I'll try to get it once I get my paycheque. Until then I'm relying on all this online content.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:47 am      Reply with quote
This is the one I was thinking of:

https://www.amazon.com/Barbara-Currie-Secrets-Yoga-anglais/dp/B00005RKRX/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1522917898&sr=8-12&keywords=Barbara+Currie
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
It is showing a used DVD, I hope it will not have any scratches, getting my paycheck tomorrow, gonna order it! THANK YOU!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |