Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Myolift and side effects
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Has anyone got the Myolift microcurrent? I bought mine about a week ago and absolutely love it! It is the best face lifting machine I have ever had and I have had several of them throughout the years.

The sad part is that I have side effects of pounding or racing heart whenever I used it. It feels like adrenaline or like I am being chased by a bear. I check my pulse but it is normal. I also don't really have any anxiety just adrenaline feelings.

Has anyone ever had this with the Myolift or with a true microcurrent machine? I have never had this with any machine before. I have it for several hours afterwards and it is ruining my sleep. Its disheartening because I am wondering if I have to stop using it. I dont know why I have it. I have used it on my almost 89 year old mother and she is completely fine with it!

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Do you have any heart issues? Any history of palpitations? I definitely would stop using until I consulted a doctor, preferably a cardiologist.
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lorraine. Smile I have had a history of heart palpitations but usually they've been related to mineral imbalances. As of recent and for a super long time since I've been supplementing, I have not had any issues and I feel great.

As far as any problems with my heart specifically, I am not aware I have any.

It's odd because I can actually feel the microcurrent with the Myolift,but they say a person can't. It makes me wonder if I am electrically sensitive, but the thing is is that I have been using face lifting machines for over 20 years, and I also have owned and used CES and EMF machines and other microcurrents and none of them have given me these symptoms. So I couldnt be electrically sensitive.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
You probably have a cardiologist then? I have mitral valve prolapse and consulted mine before I started using the Myotone. I didn't have any issues with it.

I'd still call and run it by them. Better safe than sorry. Wink
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lorraine. that is great your myotone does not affect your heart. That can be scary. I have never heard of the Myotone! I googled it and see that it is about the same price as the Myolift and it is also true microcurrent. I wonder what the difference is between them? Do you know?

I did find something through googling via NuFace. I found several posts of people complaining of the exact same thing I have. Here's a cut and paste:

Is It Safe?
Unfortunately there are a few negative side effects related to using the NuFace device, and that is when the microcurrent can result in over-productivity of either your thyroid gland or your optic nerves which can cause unpleasant effects and must result in discontinued use of the device.

This really concurs with me. I kind of had it at the back of my mind already, but I dismissed it. I run a fast metabolism ,so it increasing my thyroid function is very plausible.

I think Nuface recommends not to use it on your neck at all, so I think what I will do is not use the Myolift on my neck at all and see if I don't get the side effects. If I still do, I will see if I can return the unit for a refund as I cannot live with the side effects. I will look into the Myotone instead, and I really appreciate you mentioned it.
I'm hoping it will not be a problem. I have been using the Tua Viso which is also a hand held device, but I know it is not the same technology. The Tua Viso isn't really that great. I'm sure the Myotone is way better. But with time, technology for sure gets better.

Thanks so much ! Smile
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
No, it didn't affect my heart. Unfortunately, it really didn't affect my face either... Crying or Very sad

I've been looking at the Nuface but it's a lot of money and if it's not going to do any more than the Myotone...

I asked my dermatologist today if ANY at home device will offer any result and her response was negative.
Although you have to wonder if she's thinking about my pocketbook or hers....
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lorraine,

This ended up being the answer. I used the Myolift last night and only used it on my neck that is below my earlobe. So just on the very outer part of my neck. I did not get the adrenaline feeling and I slept great! I rechecked the Myolift manual and they say not to use in on the Trachea of the neck. Although I never used in in the middle of my throat and on my thyroid I may have come too close or on the Trachea so in the future I will just use it just under the earlobe area.

I am so happy because I absolutely love the machine and so thrilled the symptoms are now gone! Smile

What do you mean about your Mytone not working, or that it may ruin your face? Do you see any results? I've been using face machines and devices for decades and they have never ruined my face. They do work, but some are better than others at rejuvenation and lifting. The Myolift is the best machine I have ever used. Even my 89 year old mother experienced noticable results the 2nd time.

Yes, your instincts are probably correct about the money and loss of business.

I would love to also get the Myotone or the NuFace. Like you, the Nuface is more money than I'd want to spend but I usually like to have and use 2 devices. I think I would like to replace My Tua Viso.

Cheers
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I just didn't see much in the way of results. It was also very time consuming. Doing a combination of the basic and "advanced" glides took almost 40 minutes. Which would be fine once you got to the maintenance routine but not when you don't see results.

I'm not sure if the Nuface would be any better since they're both similar devices. I'm not asking for miracles but for that much of a time commitment, I do expect to see something. The Nuface I believe is only 15-20 minutes for the advanced program and as little as 5 for the basic.

I'm glad avoiding that area seems to have relieved your symptoms. How long does it take to do a treatment?
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lorraine,

That is disappointing... Hmm.. Is there anyone else on this forum using this device ? How long have you been using the Myotone? I would have expected it to be similar to the Myolift.

The Myolift uses the same technology as the Myotone however the Myolift uses 2 probes, and is said to have this technology that tightens and lift weak muscles, and it relaxes the tight muscles, I guess much like botox. I find it really really does that but maybe not as much as the real botox, which really isnt that attractive anyhow, imo.

It takes about 20 minutes to do a full treatment. Once familiar with the moves and with more practice its truly 20 minutes. Ive used mine about 5-6 times and I would say I can do it in 20 minutes. I also found that using plain Aloe Vera as opposed to the gel that came with the machine was extremly helpful with time management because the gel dried out quickly and was harder to spread. Aloe Vera stays wet longer and I get a better connection consistently now without any delay.

I used it on my 89 year old mother 2x and I really saw a difference. Everytime I use it I am in awe of what it can do. I never expected such amazing results. But that is my personal experience I could never confirm that someone else will be so happy with it, and have the same effects but I do definitely recommend it.

Do you think you can return the Moytone?
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely not, I've had it for 3 or 4 years. It's the previous model. I have no idea what the difference if any is between the model I have and the current model aside from appearance. Mine does plug in also, not cordless.

Try putting some water in a small mister bottle and misting when the gel starts drying. It helps cut down on the amount of gel on your face. I thought the aloe dried quickly also, hence the spray bottle.
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Lorraine! That's a great tip! I appreciate that very much! Smile

So you mean after 3-4 years you haven't seen much difference?

I do Flex effect, facial massage and use a High Frequency device along with my Myolift. I forgot about that,and should attribute those too, to my accumulative results.

By the way, I think my problem was more related to dehydration. Lack of water. I am not sure, still testing..
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I used it for a few months and didn't see much difference. It sat in the drawer for a few years. I used it for awhile again, then ordered the Silk'n Titan.
Right now I'm looking for deals on the Nuface...wondering if anyone will have deals for Mother's Day....
Tija
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, so you gave the Myotone a good try.. I am disappointed for you that it didn't do much..
I'm glad I met you as I was considering it as an extra device. I won't purchase it anymore.

So how is the Silkn Titan?? I've never heard of it. Is it a true microcurrent? I think I will google it too.

Good luck with finding a good price on the NuFace.. it is quite expensive. I'm not sure if I want to invest in something that much considering I just bought the Myolift. But if you do, please come here and let me or us know how you like it!!

Take care Lorraine Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |