Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

sunscreen reapplication and water loss
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mamaherrera
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I know that water on the face dries out the face so you don't want to overwash. But if I do the normal am and pm wash and then in the day I workout, no sweat running down my face, but I workout, is it more beneficial to wash and reapply everything or to not wash and just reapply on top. One leaves dirty and mixtures of products and the other dries out the skin. What do you all do?? also, when applying cream makeup with fingers, how confident are you all that it doesn't take off your zinc sunscreen? I always wait 15 minutes but still it makes me nervous that I'm moving it or taking it off. Thanks for any ideas/or what you all do.
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
I guess washing your face is not bad but it contributes to your hygiene. I know people say that washing face too much can cause damage to it, but if you use the right skin care you can counter this damage and maintain the hygiene of your skin at the same time! Now, talking about the sunscreens, here is all the information you need: https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/sunscreens-uva-protectors/
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I workout daily and do cardio and wear makeup. I don't get breakouts so I don't wash my face afterwards. I do clean very well each evening though. If my makeup is patchy I will go over it with ss and BB cream again.

I don't think washing necesarrily dries out your skin if you use a gentle cream cleanser and immediately moisturize afterwards.

If I'm going to be in direct sun I will use a chemical ss then layer it with a zinc ss to make sure the skin is protected in case the zinc layers gets disturbed. I pat in my foundation or BB cream with a sponge such as ruby cell puff, which can be found in cushion compacts and serve to make the foundation adhere to the zinc ss and not move it around.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
denisiel wrote:
I workout daily and do cardio and wear makeup. I don't get breakouts so I don't wash my face afterwards. I do clean very well each evening though. If my makeup is patchy I will go over it with ss and BB cream again.

I don't think washing necesarrily dries out your skin if you use a gentle cream cleanser and immediately moisturize afterwards.

If I'm going to be in direct sun I will use a chemical ss then layer it with a zinc ss to make sure the skin is protected in case the zinc layers gets disturbed. I pat in my foundation or BB cream with a sponge such as ruby cell puff, which can be found in cushion compacts and serve to make the foundation adhere to the zinc ss and not move it around.

What do you use for cleansing your face? I mean I've heard of hydroxy acid peels for face cleansing and they are considered as one of the best way to cleanse the face and exfoliate the skin pores. I read this https://bit.ly/2JkUy5J and I'm pretty much convinced to choose AHAs over anything else.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
stephenlopez wrote:
What do you use for cleansing your face? I mean I've heard of hydroxy acid peels for face cleansing and they are considered as one of the best way to cleanse the face and exfoliate the skin pores. I read this https://bit.ly/2JkUy5J and I'm pretty much convinced to choose AHAs over anything else.

I have dry skin and use Retin A so in the mornings I use a cream cleanser such as Shiseido Gentle Cleansing Cream, Cerave Hydrating Cleanser or any K Beauty jelly cleanser. I wipe the residue off very gently with a microfiber face cloth from the Rag Company if I have any peelies from Retin A. Otherwise, I just rinse off. At night I double cleanse with Shu Uemura Oil and then Benefiance Cleanser.

The microfiber towel is good for physical exfoliation but must be used very lightly. For chemical exfoliation, I like Biologique Recherche P50, Sunday Riley Good Genes and Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Peel. Obagi Exfoderm is good if your skin is used to exfoliation products. I generally prefer Lactic Acid and will use glycolic acid once every 2 or 3 weeks. If you have oily or congested skin or clogged pores a BHA is good, such as Paula's Choice 2%.

Good info on BHA and AHA can be found in Dr. Dray videos on Youtube.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I really loved how Dr. Dray talked about BHA and AHA, the video was really very amazing. Also, even I found some good information about AHA and BHA. This isn't really Dr. Dray's level but it'll surely help the new visitors of this forum:

AHA: https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/alpha-hydroxy-acids/

BHA: https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/beta-hydroxy-acids/
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I’m not so sure I agree with this. AHAs are good but not for all skin types, and some skin types don’t tolerate well with AHAs at all so that’s worth bearing in mind. I personally have dry skin, so for me AHAs irritate the hell out of me and my skin and I can break out big time through them. However my skin loves Oil Cleansing Method. That is a great way of cleansing the skin without irritating it and protects too. Plus you can use natural oils which are closer to the skins actual cells in terms of materials and lipids etc.
stephenlopez wrote:
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I’m not so sure I agree with this. AHAs are good but not for all skin types, and some skin types don’t tolerate well with AHAs at all so that’s worth bearing in mind. I personally have dry skin, so for me AHAs irritate the hell out of me and my skin and I can break out big time through them. However my skin loves Oil Cleansing Method. That is a great way of cleansing the skin without irritating it and protects too. Plus you can use natural oils which are closer to the skins actual cells in terms of materials and lipids etc.
stephenlopez wrote:

Then, what do you prefer using for cleansing your skin? I mean they say that AHA is milder than BHA exfoliant and causes less irritation and that's why i consider this to be important. Can you tell me about some other thing that I can use to cleanse my face?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:01 am      Reply with quote
Like I said, I really like the Oil Cleansing Method.
If you do a search you will find many threads talking about it (or OCM as its referred to).
It is actually using oils so it moisturises your skin, as well as being able to remove oils too.
Plus you can massage it in so you get a lovely glowing complexion too.
stephenlopez wrote:
Then, what do you prefer using for cleansing your skin? I mean they say that AHA is milder than BHA exfoliant and causes less irritation and that's why i consider this to be important. Can you tell me about some other thing that I can use to cleanse my face?
stephenlopez
5% products discount

Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:05 am      Reply with quote
I don't know whether I should use retinA or not, I mean I just read that it is BHA here https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/beta-hydroxy-acids/

Also, they say that BHA can be quite irritating for skin sometimes as it deep penetrates through the skin. Is this information true? Should I use it? I mean I have a dry skin (not that dry but it is dry enough that I need to use yogurt face pack at least once a week)
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Well I am a long term user of Retin A - have used it for a long time now but have worked with the same derm for that whole length of time. There is good reason why its a prescription medicine in my opinion.
A lot of people source it online but I think that is a huge mistake and there are pitfalls to be had with it.

You are still quite young, your not even 30 yet so I doubt you would have major need for it.
You are unlikely to have got major sun damage that needs repairing etc. Why make thing smore complicated than they need to be?

Anything has potential to irritate the skin - even yoghurt. Retin A certainly produces a wide range of effects that probably would scare you and freak you out.
stephenlopez wrote:
I don't know whether I should use retinA or not, I mean I just read that it is BHA here https://zovon.com/hot-topics/aging/beta-hydroxy-acids/

Also, they say that BHA can be quite irritating for skin sometimes as it deep penetrates through the skin. Is this information true? Should I use it? I mean I have a dry skin (not that dry but it is dry enough that I need to use yogurt face pack at least once a week)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |