Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

high frequency vs radio frequency face tools
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
agingcatrutter

Tue May 22, 2018 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everybody! I'm new here tho I have lurked for years! I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with regarding radio frequency and high frequency face machines. I currently own a rf machine and I like it but I'm just not getting the results I was looking for with it, so I was thinking about buying a high frequency machine. I am wondering if I would get better results with high frequency vs. rf and if would damage my skin if I used both - alternating days of course. What do you all think?

I am trying to fix very saggy cheeks and jowls. My cheeks have moved down my face causing jowls and downturned mouth corners. I hate them! And I want them gone! So here is what I have tried: I do facial exercises [about three months now - some improvement and will continue doing them cause I feel like they are working slowly], had LED light therapy machine [used it for about 4 months - not much improvement], had a microcurrent machine [used it for 3 months - no improvement at all], did Tanaka massage [3 months - no improvement] and of course the radio frequency machine that I am currently using four times a week [2 months - slight improvement].

Thanks for 'listening' and any help you can offer Smile
Cat
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2018 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
This is just my own experience, of course, but I got far better improvement for sagging with microcurrent, radio frequency and face exercises than I did with high frequency. High frequency basically just seemed to make my skin look a bit better...like LED did.

You say you have a lot of sagging (very saggy) so maybe you first need to realize that that these things take time...more time than they indicate that it does. You also may want to take selfies to truly gauge how much they may be helping. There may be subtle things going on that you're not noticing.

You should consider your expectations, too, and how realistic they are. You aren't going to get a facelift with DIY home devices. But you can make things a lot better.

What kind of microcurrent are you using and have you checked around for different techniques to try?..And does your radio frequency machine get hot enough? What kind of face exercises are you doing?
How is your diet and what kind of topicals do you use? Some of these things may make a difference..

Everyone responds differently to these things but the best results I got were over time and required some patience. That's not to say that I didn't see some changes fairly quickly (and it's difficult to continue without at least that) but the best changes for me took more than a few months.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2018 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cat

Firstly how old are you? You are doing a lot and sometimes all the things you are doing take time to work. For example, great re facial exercises - its Ageless you are doing right. For me, I'm 70 plus now - and it didn't cut enough for me so I had to incorporate other things for my lower face especially.

High frequency isn't so good for lifting, more if you had problematic skin like acne - then its ideal. However, microcurrent and facial exercises may be way too much for your skin. Unless you are dealing with excessive sun damage perhaps.

LED light therapy takes time. 4 months isn't really sufficient time to have major impact - but again it depends where you are starting from and your goals.
agingcatrutter

Wed May 23, 2018 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Tigerlily - thanks for the response. You are right I have the patience of a gnat! I do think my expectations are realistic, I am 51 years old and have no desire to look 21 Smile I have the Nuface Mini microcurrent machine. I guess I thought when I started using it I would see some lift like in all the videos on youtube - I didn't get any lift and maybe that's the reason I stopped using it. As for the radio frequency machine, yes it does get really hot. In fact I'm afraid sometimes I will burn myself if I'm not careful. Face exercises I'm doing is FlexEffect. As for my diet - ummm... next subject please Smile My diet isn't great. My skincare routine consists of 40 carrots face wash, serum, eye serum and sleep mask.

TherseaMary - I am 51 and doing FlexEffect instead of Ageless. I did tan for years in tanning beds but I don't think I have excessive sun damage [unless its unseeable] I have very little hyperpigmentation and I don't have a lot of wrinkles just the sag. I have had several back teeth removed [upper and lower] that after menopause caused my cheeks to fall forming horrible downturned mouth corners and jowls.

I have thought about getting a Facial Flex [thinking / hoping] it get my cheeks back up where they belong. I have also been thinking about AngelLift Dermastrips, thinking maybe with the tooth loss these strips would help raise up the mouth corners.

I know I don't have any patience but its just so hard when it seems like I went to bed one night with a nice looking face and awoke in the morning with an anger downturned mouth, saggy cheeks and jowls! I'm tired of people asking what's wrong [as if I'm mad or upset] - I'm only 51 and generally a happy go lucky kind of person.

Anyway thanks for all your help gals Smile Have a great day!
Cat
Reesa

Wed May 23, 2018 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello 👋 i’m 51 and have noticed the same thing 😒 my 10-year-old daughter brought that up to me this morning😌. He said, “mommy you look like a cute old lady. your neck it’s funny looking in wrinkLy.” What are our options ? What about derma rolling ? How about lasers? ? Tell me there’s something that works [quote="agingcatrutter"]Tigerlily - thanks for the response. You are right I have the patience of a gnat! I do think my expectations are realistic, I am 51 years old and have no desire to look 21 Smile I have the Nuface Mini microcurrent machine. I guess I thought when I started using it I would see some lift like in all the videos on youtube - I didn't get any lift and maybe that's the reason I stopped using it. As for the radio frequency machine, yes it does get really hot. In fact I'm afraid sometimes I will burn myself if I'm not careful. Face exercises I'm doing is FlexEffect. As for my diet - ummm... next subject please Smile My diet isn't great. My skincare routine consists of 40 carrots face wash, serum, eye serum and sleep mask.

TherseaMary - I am 51 and doing FlexEffect instead of Ageless. I did tan for years in tanning beds but I don't think I have excessive sun damage [unless its unseeable] I have very little hyperpigmentation and I don't have a lot of wrinkles just the sag. I have had several back teeth removed [upper and lower] that after menopause caused my cheeks to fall forming horrible downturned mouth corners and jowls.

I have thought about getting a Facial Flex [thinking / hoping] it get my cheeks back up where they belong. I have also been thinking about AngelLift Dermastrips, thinking maybe with the tooth loss these strips would help raise up the mouth corners.

I know I don't have any patience but its just so hard when it seems like I went to bed one night with a nice looking face and awoke in the morning with an anger downturned mouth, saggy cheeks and jowls! I'm tired of people asking what's wrong [as if I'm mad or upset] - I'm only 51 and generally a happy go lucky kind of person.

Anyway thanks for all your help gals Smile Have a great day!
Cat[/quote]
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2018 1:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Agingcatrutter

51 is a great age to start, I started on my 50th birthday with facial exercises and have done them ever since (20 years now almost yikes). With the microcurrent be careful as it may be too much for your face. I know a lot of programs don’t advise mixing and matching – and in the beginning its difficult to understand why but it is made with good intentions and I learned the hard way so if I can get you to avoid the same things I did – you will have more success.

With the muscles being small, they do tire a lot quicker. So I also made the mistake early on of doing multiple programs too in the hope they would give me faster results. They didn’t and it took up so much time that I really lost heart and interest. Luckily I got help from some of the program designers who explained I was doing too much. Re diet, I don’t think there is any real fact behind the ideas that our diets have to be 100% great. Far from it. In fact, I know people who have terrible diet yet amazing skins. I wish I knew their secrets.

The one thing I would suggest for your skincare routine is though is SUN PROTECTION. A uva and uvb protector is a must to prevent any further damage. You see UVA and UVB rays are the worst because they damage deep in the skin and it takes years and years for that damage to surface. I seem to recall they can even damage dna. So they are a biggie. Using a sunbed isn’t the best idea, but hey back in the day a lot of us didn’t know better. I remember being in Spain in the 70’s and slavering olive oil on my skin on the beach because we all thought that was healthy at the time for our skin. Nowadays we wouldn’t dream of it.

Menopause hit me hard too. My hormones were all over the place. It sounds like you had a bit of a tough time too. 51 is quite young though for it – was it early?

With the facial flex – do research. I haven’t really found anyone I know who used it and continued to. Most people who bought it stopped using it after a while because they didn’t like results. I bought one back in the day and the sides really irritated my mouth so I stopped completely.
Pastisa

Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
agingcatrutter wrote:
Hi Everybody! I'm new here tho I have lurked for years! I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me with regarding radio frequency and high frequency face machines. I currently own a rf machine and I like it but I'm just not getting the results I was looking for with it, so I was thinking about buying a high frequency machine. I am wondering if I would get better results with high frequency vs. rf and if would damage my skin if I used both - alternating days of course. What do you all think?

I am trying to fix very saggy cheeks and jowls. My cheeks have moved down my face causing jowls and downturned mouth corners. I hate them! And I want them gone! So here is what I have tried: I do facial exercises [about three months now - some improvement and will continue doing them cause I feel like they are working slowly], had LED light therapy machine [used it for about 4 months - not much improvement], had a microcurrent machine [used it for 3 months - no improvement at all], did Tanaka massage [3 months - no improvement] and of course the radio frequency machine that I am currently using four times a week [2 months - slight improvement].

Cat

Hello, I own a Clareblend Mini. I used for a couple of months only. It is a good device and it works, however I am no longer using it as I do not have the time. Please let me know if anyone is interested in purchasing it.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Radio Frequency. But get a quote from a professional spa/ clinic. Thermage has a track record that you can google and read and follow over the last 10 years.

Good luck.

agingcatrutter wrote:

Cat
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |