Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Technique for self-injecting fillers into the upper-cheeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
FillersCurious

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am planning on ordering dermal fillers to self-inject into my upper-cheek area (to help create more of a "high cheekbones" look), and I was just wondering if any of you had any experience with self-injecting fillers into this area. I understand that there are nerves/arteries that enter/exit the skull in an area that is somewhat close to the nose (I can actually feel the "hole" in my skull if I press my finger to the front of my face), so I'm obviously planning on avoiding injecting near this area, but I was just wondering if anyone had any other tips regarding cheek injection techniques they could offer.

Thanks
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Try DIY Skindeepchat. There are categories for many concerns in the main menu, a search button (highly recommended) and a library with articles and vids.

Try to find the information you need yourself without asking members to go over something that has already been covered umpteen times and DO NOT ask for sources.

DIY injections are not to be approached casually. Instead of a casual mentioning of this or that nerve or artery you should familiarize yourself with anatomy and injection techniques. But it can be done and I wish you luck and safety.

mis
FillersCurious

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
@mismis, thank you for the information and advice. I registered for the Skindeepchat forum this morning and am just waiting on my account to be activated. Hopefully they are still allowing new members to join the forum. I will also be sure to do a comprehensive review of facial anatomy prior to injecting myself.
FillersCurious

Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
mismis, I hate to have to ask you this, but if it's not too much trouble, would you mind sending a message to one of the moderators on the Skindeepchat forum and asking them to activate my account? I registered under the username FillersGuy. I know it is a strange request, but it looks like it might be the only way I will be able to get my account activated since it doesn't look like they are monitoring for new registrations.

Thanks
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I have absolutely no influence with how the board is run; it might even be to your detriment if I asked on your behalf. Hope for your sake that it happens soon - it is summer so perhaps things are a bit slower. It is the best public site for info and I am glad I found it. They really emphasize safety first and probably have prevented a few DIY injection disasters.

BTW the opening you referenced is called a foraman and there a few on the face.

Please don't get discouraged by the delay, you will find when you do access information that although it can be done it is daunting the amount of care that needs to be exercised both in terms of educating oneself and injecting. Be safe . . .
FillersCurious

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Hopefully my account will be activated soon, but since it has been so long already, I'm thinking that they might have simply stopped approving new members (or are no longer checking the email inbox that new member registration notices are sent to).

If you don't mind, is there any way you could maybe copy and paste one or two documents that describe the protocols for injecting volumizing fillers such as Radiesse and Juvederm Voluma? I'm afraid that it might be my only hope of obtaining the information at this point, although I understand if you'd rather not deal with the inconvenience of this.

Thanks
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:09 am      Reply with quote
I am not really computer savvy, so probably not. And you won't need "just a few". You can really hurt yourself if you are not knowledgeable. Even doctors occasionally cause adverse effects, such as necrosis. But they have the tools to deal with that, as a DIYer you will not.

It is also really important to inject with sterile conditions, something that is not easy to achieve at home.

I understand your impatience to get going, but even if you did so today, it would be some time before you actually do a fill. Here's something to think about: if you accidentally over fill or do it wrong, you will be wearing that mistake for up to a year.

In the meantime, you can watch videos which are easily available, and do your own research.

Sorry. Hope that you are registered soon. Maybe try again under a different moniker.

best wishes and fingers crossed for you.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |