Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Fibroblast / J-Plasma / Plasma blast / Plasma pen / Plexr
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I would love it if you bought that one AND the one I bought on amazon for $20, and do a comparison to see if there is a difference Very Happy

here's the one I got on amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8W88PX/ref=od_aui_detailpages00

Hey, it's only 20 bucks more Wink Also, it's prime, so you can always return it if it's no bueno and keep the more expensive one.

PS: In this video it looks like she is using the exact same pen I bought on amazon. Even has the same box:
https://youtu.be/BAuZ42ZteI4?t=55

Also the same one used here, it looks like:
https://youtu.be/u7FqFLHtHuI?t=616

here's a video of how to put the needles in:
https://youtu.be/DlMZrmD3LUk?t=26

The first comment on this video has ideas of how to prep the skin first, referencing for when I get mine..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uepp59I3i_g&t=125s

However the more expensive ones probably have some benefit, no?

We need to do a comparison test!
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Even though others do, according to this woman, do NOT wipe off the cauterized skin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0S6oVtuqn0

YMMV
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen that too...we need to start a list of dos and donts...one video I watched said NO sun for 3 months...never touch the skin with the tip unless you want it (mole) removed...the machine can cause scarring if left in place too long...never put the machine tip in a wrinkle...practice on raw meat Smile
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does anybody here speak Russian?

It looks like she's doing a comparison of all the different types of plasma pens on alibaba!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xmh0b9PQ2s

UPDATE: You can turn on auto translate on youtube! So cool!

And her chart here, which you can read using google auto translate on Chrome. Sadly I don't see my pen included:
https://profmedimport.ru/a214400-apparaty-plazmennogo-toka.html
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
How much do you think you should spend on a device?

Are the really cheap ones plasma pens?

I have my eye on this one:

https://www.ebay.com/i/223081497260?ul_noapp=true

What do you think ladies?

I think this is the same one for half the price: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anti-Age-Laser-Plasma-Pen-Skin-Dark-Spot-Remover-Mole-Tattoo-Removal-Beauty-Tool/192613498865
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Great find! I’m still not sure what to buy...I’m hoping Mismis chimes in. She always has great advice and has more buying experience than I...maybe she knows what the provider has been using on her.

I’ve heard the pen is not as important as the user.
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I'm going down the rabbit hole here...But I want to keep this all in one place for when I decide to do this on myself, which I'm feeling more and more emboldened to do.

So I think my doctor here might have gone a little too strong, which is why it hurt so much. According to the same russian site, (here:
https://profmedimport.ru/a206717-bezoperatsionnaya-blefaroplastika-veka.html), a lot of the photos on the internet show the plasma treatment being OVERDONE.

In fact, the pin points should be super light, and not leave as strong of a mark.

And in this video, you can see how lightly he goes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A58_i2tXmIs

I would bet that that treatment is not hurting her as much as my treatment hurt me.

So for when I get my plasma pen - first I might get another one, as the one I bought is the absolute cheapest that can be found on the internet...

2nd, I'm going to use the thinnest needle attachment, and go VERY LIGHT, barely touching the skin, and leaving the tiniest dot, not a big red dot. Like he does in the video.

I have a feeling that will make it a lot more bearable ,and safer.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I will ask what kind of pen my provider uses - it looks a lot like my ReAura laser. Which brings forth another point: I think the pen should be comfortable for the operator's hand as well as fairly light as it takes a bit of time to do a whole area.

I do notice that she rests part of her hand on me to steady the point of the needle so that it does not touch the skin.

Looking forward to all of your reports on treatments and the devices you are bravely trying.

MC, I think you are right; the skill of the operator is as important as the device. I know that is true for laser treatments.

BTW, I just saw what looks like the German pen used for the large area of treatment "Beauty Monster" for sale on AliEx for much less than E 1000 - I believe it was $129 Cdn. Could be a copy . . .
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
I have seen that too...we need to start a list of dos and donts...one video I watched said NO sun for 3 months...never touch the skin with the tip unless you want it (mole) removed...the machine can cause scarring if left in place too long...never put the machine tip in a wrinkle...practice on raw meat Smile

No sun for 3 months? Uh oh, I"ve already broken that rule...not that I've been suntanning, but I live in a sunny city, and have walked outside (with a cap on)
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
It would be great to know which one your provider uses, Mismis!

As for the beauty monster pen, I think the ones both I and MC linked to above are both copies of beauty monster too, and - according to that German site- they are knock offs. They had a page all about their pen being knocked off by chinese factories, showing photos, which look the same.

mismis wrote:
I will ask what kind of pen my provider uses - it looks a lot like my ReAura laser. Which brings forth another point: I think the pen should be comfortable for the operator's hand as well as fairly light as it takes a bit of time to do a whole area.

I do notice that she rests part of her hand on me to steady the point of the needle so that it does not touch the skin.

Looking forward to all of your reports on treatments and the devices you are bravely trying.

MC, I think you are right; the skill of the operator is as important as the device. I know that is true for laser treatments.

BTW, I just saw what looks like the German pen used for the large area of treatment "Beauty Monster" for sale on AliEx for much less than E 1000 - I believe it was $129 Cdn. Could be a copy . . .
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
I will ask what kind of pen my provider uses - it looks a lot like my ReAura laser.

These are the 2 that I've found, which look most like ReAura - do you think it's one of these?

https://sc02.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1oVQJSFXXXXbRXXXXq6xXFXXXD/228388816/HTB1oVQJSFXXXXbRXXXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg

http://surfacemedical.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/plasma-pen-online-600x420.jpg
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
UPDATE: It's only been a week, but I do notice a difference on my upper and lower eyelids. The skin is still red a blotchy, so hard to see beyond that, but it does look firmer and fine lines seem to be miminimized.

I also had her do a section of my jowls, but it was so small, I can't really tell a difference tbh.

I also had her so some parts of my neck, and tbh I can't see much of a difference there either. I think because she just did a tiny patch really.

As for the knee-nkles, she didn't really do the area that I wanted, rather she did more on top of the knee which is not my problem area - it's just above it. So I might have to have that area redone to see if it does anything.

Based on my eyes so far and the frustration of the other areas being too small to really be able to tell a difference, I asked her if she would do the entire face/neck all in one go. She's never had a patient ask for that, but she said she would, but we have to wait at least 2 weeks for my face to fully heal. I may or may not do that.

Definitely recommend this for upper and lower eyes. Can't personally recommend this for anything else yet.

HEALING:

For me the healing period was easier than either any of the CO2 lasers I've done, or TCA peels (I'M talking 25-30% TCA peels which I do on myself.)

The 2nd day is by far the worst. But then it rapidly gets better, whereas with both TCA & c02, there are about 3 days of really bad itchiness and looking terrible. I go through more of a "despair" period with TCA and CO2, where I think "will this ever end??", which I didn't have with the plasma pen, because by the 3rd day you can really feel it getting better.

I totally plan on doing this on myself once I get mine Very Happy

I should note that I have extremely strong skin. Anything under 20% TCA does nothing to me, and every C02 laser peel I've had done (except the extremely strong fraxel repair, which is no longer made because it causes TOO MUCH downtime, ie it is too strong) pretty much has not had an effect on me. If you have super sensitive skin, take this all with a grain of salt.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:48 am      Reply with quote
naha, you are lucky indeed to see anything after just a week! It took longer on me, over 2 weeks. Some effects are so subtle, one probably wouldn't be able to quantify them without a side by side photo reference. Looking forward to continued report as your results evolve.

My dh had a good idea: he said that a set of specs would help tell if knockoffs are of equivalent power. Makes sense. So now I will persue selection via those criteria - and also how comfortable the machine might be to use.

I have vast areas I want treated that are totally accessable - hands, knees, thighs, tummy. I will probably leave the face to someone else as it is tricky to do everything in reverse using a mirror. There is also possibly a problem with hand dominance; I know that self injecting filler is quite a different process on opposite sides of the face and that is probably the case here as well.

So exciting, I hope you are keeping a photo journal.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Your DH has great idea...It is so hard to spot a good device without paying a lot of money. I look at all of them and just don't feel comfortable with cheap ones and can't afford the really expensive ones. And I would hate to pay for an overpriced one if I wasn't getting value for it.

I do have a question about the stablility of the current...do we need to make sure that every arc didn't have too much electricity behind it, kind of like a electrical surge?

As long as a person used good hygiene, lowest setting, never made straight line, 1/4 second arcs, never in a wrinkle, always placed the marks randomly, kept the area dry and stayed out the sun, what else do you think would go wrong?

Are you afraid of placing too many arcs in one spot or for too long?

I would gladly pay someone to do this but there just isn't anyone in the state and I don't like traveling afterward because I would look strange and it would be hard to heal well and travel at same time.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:26 am      Reply with quote
New video from Christine Byer performing neck lift:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LPP205Lyyo&t=29s
naha1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I'm back with a few updates. I feel like the only area that I personally have noticed a nice difference has been on the upper eyelids. The other areas, I honestly don't feel like there has been as great of a difference, and even the upper eyelids are a bit minimal. I think it has to do with the machine my doctor used, which was one of the little, cheapest pens from china (I saw her take it out of the box, and it was the exact model I see online everywhere, and even bought).

So point being I think the device and the knowledge of the doctor matter a lot in this type of therapy.

Mismis - I would love to know that provider that you used in Canada. Would you be open to sharing in a private message?

Marie Claire - thanks for sharing the video Smile
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:02 am      Reply with quote
Wow it's been such a long time since I've been on this forum, and it's great to see a thread on Plasma. Great to see you're still here too Mismis Smile
I'm subscribed to Christine Byer and have been watching her blogs on the Plasma with great interest. I have found a few providers here so will be looking into finding someone to do a treatment.
It's fabulous to hear of your results with the Plasma Mis and I'm wondering if you found out which unit your provider used?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I gave over research to my DH who always does a very thorough job. There are three iterations of the pen with slight improvements each time. I am getting the third one. The pen my provider uses was part of a package including the course and had only a very small booklet with few actual specs listed, alas. Also no logo, etc. Betcha they came from China . . . The pens that are not put under the skin may be very similar to each other. I wanted one that would hold a charge for a long time and be easy to hold.

As for surge, MC, these pens seem to have a transformer to step the power down from 120v to 12 or 6v. I guess you could plug it through some kind of surge protector if you were worried. Also, I notice she sometimes counts as she zaps.

I have been asked to share the name of my provider and will ask her. Her business is in her home and the other days of the week she works as a nurse and imaging tech. I do not know how busy she wants to be, or if she wants more business. The results bring her repeat business and referrals galore. Three more of my friends have booked after seeing my DH's results.

This is what she said to me: If you do make a mistake you can fix it at a subsequent treatment. So if you are hygenic, careful about placement, and uniform in your application you can probably do as effective a job as most.

But that is my bias - some of you may know that I am a keen DIYer already. Certainly nobody cares as much about your results as yourself. Perhaps if I had unlimited financial resources I would feel differently.

This is where I have ordered: Guangzhou Linuo Beauty Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.

I will be practicing on my hands and forearms to begin. Hope it is as straight forward as it sounds and something I can do to myself painwise. Compared to the cost of a treatment it is an inexpensive experiment.

I also found a really nifty microneedle machine with a multi needle head to deposit filler very superficially to plump the skin or to use skin boosting serums.
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Another video from Christine Byer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmtSilWB2DQ&t=0s

She says a friend of hers is a jewelry maker and she has calipers that she uses in her jewelry making...the friend is also an esthetician and she says everytime she uses fibroblast on her clients, they lose 2 to 3 centimeters of excess skin by her caliper measurements! Doesn't that sound wonderful!
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:29 am      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Another video from Christine Byer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmtSilWB2DQ&t=0s

She says a friend of hers is a jewelry maker and she has calipers that she uses in her jewelry making...the friend is also an esthetician and she says everytime she uses fibroblast on her clients, they lose 2 to 3 centimeters of excess skin by her caliper measurements! Doesn't that sound wonderful!

I wonder if she didn't mean millimeters...
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm loving this thread!

I have one of the cheaper pen type devices and I'm trying a little area at a time. Useful to know a wrinkle is actually treated at the sides, and not actually 'in' the wrinkle.

Really looking forward to us all finding a device that is affordable and effective for home use,

Jackie x
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jackie, you’re further along than I am...what areas have you treated and did it heal okay? What aftercare did you use? TIA
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
MaryClaire wrote:
Hi Jackie, you’re further along than I am...what areas have you treated and did it heal okay? What aftercare did you use? TIA

Hi MC,

I just did one line of the 11's between the brows. I thought it did look a little smoother, but then wasn't so sure. I think part of me believed it couldn't possibly work, but the more videos/info appearing on line has restored my faith a little.

I just let the flakes/scabs dry and then flake off on their own. The area was a bit pink, but I realise now this is quite normal,

Jackie x
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:26 am      Reply with quote
Mismis - so what was it you bought from
Guangzhou Linuo Beauty Electronic Technology Co., Ltd.? Are the handheld ones worth it?
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:02 am      Reply with quote
If you search on 'fibroblast reviews' you'll come up with quite a few people with bad reviews on real self.

That concerns me...I would like to know if they followed proper aftercare or maybe the clinician was too aggressive or what went wrong.

I think you're very smart to just do a test site and see how you heal first.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |