Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body Skin Smoothing and Tightening
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! Okay I’m coming up on 40 and I’ve noticed in last 5-10 years the skin texture on tops of my thighs has gotten really dry and lately has been losing tone. Inner thighs are very noticeably getting less muscle tone/bumpy (I am thin and overall active).

Trying to figure out what you beautiful women do to keep your **body** skin tone and texture good over 40? Body treatments from a medi-spa? Certain topicals? I’ve been doing some fascia massage and skin massage with avocado oil but needing more. (I actually think oils do 0 for my body skin dryness btw.) I always use good products and have never found a product to actually address the dry, change in texture. I do a deep exfoliating once a month with one of those Salix cloths. Okay any help would be so appreciated!!
Thank you!

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:32 am      Reply with quote
There's no magic bullet that I know of..Using lotions with AHA's and retinal should exfoliate and help thicken skin. Also try dry brushing and one of those body mitt massagers for the shower.
Weight and resistance training helps build muscle and with keeping skin tight.
beauty_fan
5% products discount

Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I would go with Lancer body lotion. Its reasonably priced for how much you get of a quality product, IMO.
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I'm following this thread for curiosity's sake.

I like using ascorbic acid on my body skin for texture, but my skin isn't overly dry so I'm not sure if it would help your situation at all.
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so I’ve been doing some reading and two things I think that are useful would be a regular chemical exfoliant (naturally derived) and lymphatic massage. I think skin quality and smoothness of epidermis are probably connected to lymph flow.

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
malgorzatah
5% products discount

Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, lymphatic massage is a good idea, I've just started doing it - slowly Smile. Have you tried one of those Japanese massages? You may find some on Instagram, like e.g. those by Saori Motojima (but she is more focused on fat loosing or tightening, and if I understand correctly, you are slim, so maybe it's not the best option):

https://www.instagram.com/saoooori89/?hl=en
Louise Annette
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ageless has a body programme, a mixture of dry brushing and hard massage. The emphasis is on making the skin work harder to repair itself, producing stronger, thicker skin. It doesn’t use any moisturiser or other topicals so as to maximise the firmness of the massage, but you can apply those at different times of the day if you want to.

[url]Agelessifyoudare.org[/url]

Cheers, loulou Smile

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes I agreed lymphatic massage is a good idea
ohthatglowessentials

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I will go with essential Oils for Dry Skin that keep my body smooth and relax
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |