Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Avocado oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

After reading all the DYI beauty product, I have been busy making my own potions from my kitchen. ACV, TTT, Vit C, face serum, clay masks, hair oil....lip balm too(lip balm is the hardest, never got it right), then all of the sudden I was reading these popular lip products that claims to turn your lips back to pink, I checked their ingredient list, it's avocado oil. Due to the making of my hair oil, I have avocado oil at home, so I put a tiny bit into a miniature glass bottle, then apply it on my lips......well, OF course, it's moisturizing since it's oil, but the most impressive part is I noticed my lips really turned pink/red within MINUTES, also, it's plumped up just like when I was taking HA, this also happened WITHIN minutes. I have been applying the avocado oil since last nite, no lipstick/gloss, and my lips is moisturized, plumped, naturally pink. It does take some time to get used to it, since it doesn't have any emollient or wax, but I like it.

I have also put it under my eyes (just a tiny bit), my fine lines are all gone. I put some on my lashes too, I read somewhere that avocado oil contains so many vitamins, amino acids, that it fortifies the growth of hair.

Anyone has other experience on Avocado oil ?

Razz D

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh this sounds really nice!! I've been looking for a good product to put under my eyes because I've developed one prominent line beneath each eye and it's driving me nuts! Where do you purchase your avocado oil? Any good sources online?

Thanks for your suggestion!
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I sense an aovcado facial coming on! Very Happy
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered my essential oil and carrier oil from http://www.aromatherapyoutlet.com/Carrier_oils.htm. They also carry a lot of bottles and containers for your DIY products. I am happy with the essential oil I got from them, they claim their oil are all unbuffered and organic.

They also sell hydrosel, and don't forget to check their monthly specials.

Hope this helps. Have fun !
D

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm new to this DIY thing and I'm not really familiar with how essential oil/carrier oil works. To use the avocado oil will I need both?
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
No, just use avocado oil straight onto your lips, no mixing needed. I just want to post that link for all the other KITCHEN LAB CHEMISTS out there (haha) Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Reminder to all -- avocado oil is rather heavy, so if you decide to try it on your face, don't go too crazy on it.

I only use it on my eyes, lashes, and lips, they indeed NEED the heaviness....

D

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oops I got confused there....thanks so much for the advice!! Very Happy
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
you're very welcome.

I forgot to mention, people use the product (pink lips) on ANYWHERE you need to get back that PINK. I've heard they used it on nipples too, and I heard great feedbacks. Think I am gonna find that out myself tonite. Heehee....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought a bottle of avocado oil and I will be testing it out tonight!! I also noticed it's listed as a main ingredient in Dr. Hauschka's new eye cream product! You are one step ahead, diderot.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Chimera, you are quick, haha ...

I was so tempted to get the Dr.H new eye cream, but I am really loving the plain avocado oil, 2nd day today, fine lines are gone, bags shrunk, eyelids lifted, eyelashes look healthier....what else can I ask for ?? Also, I noticed even after I washed my face, the eye area is still LESS dry than before.....so I will stick to this for a while, plus I see alcohol in the Dr.H new eye cream.

As for the lip balm, the plain oil just doesn't stay on my lips too well, I eat and drink a lot. So I mixed it with some shea butter. I have a tiny tin can of shea butter from L'occitane lying around, so I used a butter knife to scoop the thing out, mix in some avocado oil till it's creamy/souffle, then put it back in the can, now it's PUUURFECT !!!

Let me know how does it work out for you, love to hear it Very Happy

Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, sounds fantastic Diderot! I had an avocado for breakfast today and didn't notice a difference but then again I wasn't exactly smearing it on my lips either! I'll need to go visit a health food shop later today and track this down as well.

ETA: I wonder if Carecate has tried this.... Question
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, the avocado oil sounds devine!!

I noticed this too about Dr H's products, there is always alchohol in them. hmmm....I can't use too much or my skin protests with zits AND a rash like exzema, could be psoriasis, I dunno. The products I'm using, Cleansing Cream and Day Oil aren't causing me any problems. I would have serious misgivings about using anything with alcohol around my eyes though.

Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:
Oh, the avocado oil sounds devine!!

I noticed this too about Dr H's products, there is always alchohol in them. hmmm....I can't use too much or my skin protests with zits AND a rash like exzema, could be psoriasis, I dunno. The products I'm using, Cleansing Cream and Day Oil aren't causing me any problems. I would have serious misgivings about using anything with alcohol around my eyes though.

The alcohol is used to actually get the extracts from plants, I don't think it is actually added to the products. It is also, from what I understand, not the harsh alcohol you find in many skincare products but the type that is fermented from grains.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I found these links about avocado oil, I feel even better now using it around my eyes, I am prone to milia under my eyes whenever I use heavy eye cream, but this oil doesn't give me that cause it's highly transdermal, now I know why my eyes are less dry even after washing my face. It's also an EXCELLENT hand oil, try it on your hands

http://www.avocado-oil.co.nz/skincare.html
http://www.soapmeister.com/avocado.html

Do you know MOST pharmacies give out FREE (oral syringe - the one without needle for feeding medicine to babies and pets). I got one from CVS tonite, and insert my balm(now I can mix MORE avocado oil in the shea butter) to my "lip venom" empty glass tube, no more messy tin can, lovely !! Wink

Next to try, mixing it with natural beeswax instead of shea butter, it may give me more of a nice tint than the WHITE shea butter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I tried the avocado oil on my lips last night, it really did deepen the pink! Amazing.

Diderot, do you put the oil over your entire eye or just near the lines? I've been using it for a few days and it's hard to tell if there's a difference but I'll keep at it. I put it under and around my eyes at night.
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I put the oil under and around my eyes, ON the lash line too, just need to be light-handed on the eyelids(don't want to make them puffy) and lash line(too much will burr my vision).
Basically, I put the oil under my eyes, then press whatever's left on my finger on my lids. 15 mins later (or whenever you look in the mirror next time), if you still see the *oily shine* on or around your eyes area, press them again with your bare fingers, that will take care of the shine or any excess. I find most of them really get absorbed anyway.

I just bought some natural pure beeswax, can't wait for the CREATION of my lip gloss tonite Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
I tried the avocado oil on my lips last night, it really did deepen the pink! Amazing.

Diderot, do you put the oil over your entire eye or just near the lines? I've been using it for a few days and it's hard to tell if there's a difference but I'll keep at it. I put it under and around my eyes at night.

Hi Chimera,

Hopefully, I can even grradually quit wearing lipstick after using avocado oil for a while, wouldn't it be great if your own NATURAL lip color is red enough ?? I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I did the beeswax tonite, but it requires a little *cooking* since the natural beeswax is sooo hard, I put 1/12 wax, 11/12 avocado oil in a butter warmer, heat it on the stove. Dug empty one of my twist-up lip balm(I picked dermalogica's SPF15 stick, its bigger), let the mixture cool down a little, then pour into the empty tube right before it solidifies. Sounds complicated, but is really quick and easy.

I prefer beeswax over shea butter, bc of the healthier tint, more hygenic than using it from a tin can or the lip venom tube, also it's cheaper. I got a block of it for $1.4(enough for me to make at least 10 of this).

D Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:36 am      Reply with quote
This is great!! I would love to quit wearing lipstick -- I can't wear dark or bright shades as it is. My lips are rather full and a deep color makes me look sort of clownish. . . it would be great just to have pink healthy lips! I am also a stickler for 'all natural' cosmetics, can't go wrong with beeswax and avocado oil!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:03 am      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
......well, OF course, it's moisturizing since it's oil, but the most impressive part is I noticed my lips really turned pink/red within MINUTES, also, it's plumped up just like when I was taking HA, this also happened WITHIN minutes. I have been applying the avocado oil since last nite, no lipstick/gloss, and my lips is moisturized, plumped, naturally pink. It does take some time to get used to it, since it doesn't have any emollient or wax, but I like it.
Well, you know I'll be trying this out posthaste...I need to stop by the other Whole Foods location in Austin, because my regular store was sold out of the Source Naturals HA/collagen pills, so I'll be picking up some avocado oil while I'm there!!

Carrie

On another note: If I’m not mistaken, I think Bare Escentuals lipsticks are made with avocado oil....
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Carrie, you owe it to yourself to try this, since you are the "queen of lips" on this forum, and Mabsy as the "queen of eye cream", haha...

After last nite's dinner, my lips were EFFORTLESSLY pinkish red. Now my natural lip color has already gotton much redder than they were 2 days ago, even when they are BARE

Also, I put the oil on my feet too, the oil really get absorbed and my feet stay soft all day and all nite.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:13 am      Reply with quote
diderot wrote:
I forgot to mention, people use the product (pink lips) on ANYWHERE you need to get back that PINK. I've heard they used it on nipples too, and I heard great feedbacks. Think I am gonna find that out myself tonite. Heehee....
So what was the verdict??!
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:22 am      Reply with quote
You know what, I was gonna post my verdict but didn't want to get everyone obsessed with their nipples....lol

I put it on ONE side, JUST ONE TIME, I DID notice the difference in color that same night before I take a shower. Really amazing, just ONE time. I was lazy too, I just used the lip balm on(the mixture with shea butter), can't imagine if I put plain avocado oil on.

I am going to start putting avocado oil ALL OVER my body after shower tonite, will see what kind of magic I will see. Hopefully baby soft, transparent skin tone Shhh

Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:45 am      Reply with quote
diderot - I think I will try this around the eye area - how could I not!?

I went to the health food shop on the w/e and I found a bottle of it but it was too big for my purposes so I piked and didn't get it. I'm going to go to another store and see if I can find a smaller bottle Smile
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:38 am      Reply with quote
I have a bottle of avocado oil but I can't bring it around to use on my lips (on outings etc)

do you guys know where can I buy lipgloss containers?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |