Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Review: Jergen's "Natural Glow"-found self-tanner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Eve wrote:
This stuff sounds interesting Cool ..has anyone used the Johnsons Summer Skin or whatever it's called and the Jergens for comparison?

I was just wondering that. Anybody tried the Johnsons Holiday Skin stuff?
Here

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi

I wondered that too, sounds similar to the Jergens one.

Sarah
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
It must not be available in the U.S., or – if it is – they must not be advertising it yet – because I’d never heard of it until now. As far as I knew, the only other product out there that is similar to Jergens NG was one from Caress – I think I mentioned the product’s exact name somewhere in this thread, but I can’t remember what it is now. Regardless, I’ve been so happy with my Natural Glow that I don’t even feel the need to give the other “copycats” the time of day!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone seen the Jergen's Natural Glow that's specifically made for your FACE? Seems like the body lotion would do the same thing. Maybe it has different ingredients in it to prevent pores from clogging?

Also, are you guys applying your sunscreen lotions before or after putting on Natural Glow? How long do you wait?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Toe I am thinking of buying the Johnson's Holiday Skin, it is buy 1, get 1 free at Tesco's at the moment Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I really like this stuff. I bought the meduim for face and body last weekend at K Mart ($1.00 off coupon). I figured it couldn't hurt and I have never been one to do much to the whole body before. I get bored easily and I my skin is just normally oily and what may feel great in the morning has me feeling greasy by nightfall...plus I hate the wait time of normal tanners. Estee Lauder is like 20 minutes. I can do that for the face, but not the whole kaboodle. As I read somewhere here....patience is a virtue I don't possess (neither is spelling, but I digress).

Well, it has been a week and two things I noticed is 1)My skin really likes the extra pampering. The Jergens lets me feel soft without that greasy feeling by the end of the day. 2) It is easy to use! It drys super fast and soaks better than oils, lotions, etc I've used. I even like the look of myself sans clothing better!

I like having color without the 20 minute wait of normal tanners. Plus I think the color is better than the Neutragena Build-a-tan. I wish the Jergens had SPF, but I have been using the Olay Daily Defense 30. I don't feel greasy or too much product on.

My husband even complimented me on how my skin felt last night!! Wink This is definately an added plus! I bought it because I wanted a face tanner and I read on here the reviews of Jergens so thought, Why Not? I am glad I did.

I don't know why I am always surprised when things I read on here work for me. I guess it is due to years of buying into advertising hype and then getting let down repeatedly. Makes me look at the beauty glass as half empty instead of full.

Oh, looks like my fat, bossy cat needs love. He just used his littermaid and is trying to climb into my chair...except he is pulling the cushion of my chair off instead of pulling himself up....fatty cat! He's even looking at me like, "What? <innocence> Am I bothering you? Would you mind hoisting me up so I can get some good chubby lovin?"

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
does the face lotion have a smell???

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
does the face lotion have a smell???
Probably.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
will this make my face look more even tone or will it make my acne spots and freckles darker?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:14 am      Reply with quote
jamie630 wrote:
will this make my face look more even tone or will it make my acne spots and freckles darker?
So long as you exfoliate your skin well before applying it, it shouldn’t make your imperfections look darker. In fact, I believe they’ll become less noticeable!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Carekate about application, I like to use exfoliating gloves on my legs every morning in the shower, I was planning on applying the Dove (similar to Jergens) afterwards, do you think this may lead to patchy colouring?
Just wondered what your application techniques are and how often you exfoliate.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Well, the experts say you should exfoliate before every application of self-tanner (traditional or the new body lotion/self tanning hybrids), otherwise it leads to uneven patches where the areas with dead skin “grab” too much color. On the other hand, it’s probably not good to use too much force when exfoliating either – I learned this the hard way after I used my exfoliating gloves a bit too vigorously on my legs before shaving and then wondered why they were burning like fire before I took a single stroke with the razor!! Shock

The self-tanning experts also say that if you have any concerns about patchy results, or if you’re afraid the traditional self-tanning “trouble spots” (ankles, knees, elbows, knuckles on the back of your hands) are going to come out patchy and uneven, they say it’s okay to first apply a light layer of lotion or moisturizer to the area before applying the self-tanner. This dilutes it and makes it easier to blend and rub in the fake bake in those problem areas. Also, after I apply my fake bake, I usually take a tissue and lightly wipe it over the problem areas listed above to make sure that there is no excess product in the grooves/folds of my knuckles, knees and elbows.

If you’ll be applying the self tanner to your face, again make sure you’re freshly exfoliated. They experts say applying it with a makeup sponge gives you more control and a more even application then just using your fingertips to apply, particularly around the eyebrow area. If you’re afraid of your face turning out too dark, you can dilute the fake bake with a bit of your regular moisturizer and then apply it with the makeup sponge.

The other thing to remember is to carefully wash the palms of your hands after applying the self tanner so you don’t end up with freakish palms!!

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
FYI - for those who loved the results of the Jergens Natural Glow but couldn’t tolerate the scent, the new self-tanning/body lotion hybrid from Aveeno called “Continuous Radiance Moisturizing Lotion” is almost completely stink-free! It costs a couple bucks more than Jergens, but I like it better because I have that nasty and embarrassing problem with severely dry skin patches on my lower legs and Aveeno products help me more than any other brand I’ve tried (with the exception of Candy’s Encore hand cream that I was actually using on my legs!).

Anyway, I’ve been using it for about a month now and have find that the Aveeno Continuing Radiance gives the same subtle but buildable color that we all loved about the Jergens but sans the offensive odor. For the record, I wasn’t able to find it at Walgreens or CVS in the beginning (around mid-April) but they had it on the shelf at Walmart, although by now it’s probably also available at most supermarkets and/or drugstores.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 6:08 am      Reply with quote
It doesn't seem to be here in the UK yet (just tried to look it up), but I'll definitely be trying it when it is!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 6:25 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
It doesn't seem to be here in the UK yet (just tried to look it up), but I'll definitely be trying it when it is!
Apparently they just launched the product here in the U.S. in April and I think it takes several months before it filters across the Pond to you guys – wasn’t it like after summer had already ended by the time the Jergens arrived on your shores?! But hey, y’all get the adorable new Nissan Micra C+C roadster before we do – you have no idea how jealous I am because I’m shopping for a new car and fell in love with that one at first site when an ad popped up for it when I was checking out a Brit celeb gossip site!! – so I guess it’s only fair....

Anyway, if you want to try it out before then, you know who to contact! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I still don't think we have Jergens over here yet! Shock Very Happy

But we did end up with a vast influx of copycat stuff!

And thanks for the offer. You're an angel. Actually, there are a couple of things I was thinking of asking for your help with, if I can't get them over here. So I might be PM'ing you one of these days about them.

Anyway, same goes for you. Just get in touch if I can ever help you out. (Not sure I'd be able to find an envelope big enough for a roadster, though! Laughing )
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I love Jergens Very Happy The cheapest place to get it is at Walmart, for $5
nyjlm
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I noticed that Walgreens had their own version of the Jergens today. Has anyone tried that one? The ingredients list did look identical- I compared it almost to the end of the list.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:11 am      Reply with quote
nyjlm wrote:
I noticed that Walgreens had their own version of the Jergens today. Has anyone tried that one? The ingredients list did look identical- I compared it almost to the end of the list.
FYI - CVS has their own version, as well, although I haven't tried either one. Right now I'm working on my tube of the Aveeno lotion/fake bake hybrid (I like it very much) but I think I'm going to succumb and buy the Hawaiian Tropic hybrid if I can find it at Walmart when I do my weekly grocery shopping this evening...I have no self-control!

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:51 am      Reply with quote
My daughter and I tried this, we are of fair skin that does not tan. It was streaky and orange....sigh....typical for us! Are trying now the Oil of Olay tanner and this is working much better! I guess technology is getting there! Cathy TN
Biggoga

Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Where you are going to meet new year?
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Can you buy Jergens Natural Glow in Australia or where online can you purchase this?
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to chime in on self tanners. I love them on my legs (nothing like a bit of glow to help combat the shark bait white look!) but since I learned about DHA causing free radicals - I switched to using powder bronzer on my face.

Just FYI - but a recent study conducted in Germany found that skin treated with DHA, the active ingredient in sunless tanners, produced 180 percent more free radicals when it was exposed to UV light than untreated skin did!

Since free radicals cause damage to collagen and elastin (the major components on skin structure) I've been trying to avoid them (and combat them with Vitamin C serums) - so using a product that causes even more of them (especially on my face) is something I think I want to avoid.

Certainly not trying to knock anyone who wants to use them facial self tanners - as they're always better than too much real sunlight! But I hope you don't mind that I'm mentioning this in case you all hadn't heard about it.

From Wikipedia:

DHA Safety Considerations

For the 24 hours after self-tanner is applied, the skin is especially susceptible to free-radical damage from sunlight, according to a 2007 study led by Katinka Jung of the Gematria Test Lab in Berlin. Forty minutes after the researchers treated skin samples with DHA they found that more than 180 percent additional free radicals formed during sun exposure compared with untreated skin. Another self-tanner ingredient, erythulose, produced a similar response. "The interaction between the chemical-bronzing process and UV light overloads the skin's free-radical defense system", according to Jung and her colleague Thomas Herrling. For a day after self-tanner application, excessive sun exposure should be avoided and sunscreen should be worn outdoors, they say; an antioxidant cream could also minimize free radical production. Although some self-tanners contain sunscreen, its effect will not last long after application, and a fake tan itself will not protect the skin from UV exposure.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting report. Thanks taobunny.
RACHELBURNET23

Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Mad Mad i loved jergens this stuff got me sooo tannn but then the next day it stopped at my ankles and the bottom looks super dark orange and my palms and whole in side of my hands are also dark dirty orange and it wont come off its terriblee. HELPPP!? Question Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |