Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Jergen's "Natural Glow"-found self-tanner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I went to 3 stores and called another--they were all out! I'll keep checking. It was about 4 or 5 dollars.

Can't wait to find this stuff! I NEVER get sun on purpose! Laughing I thank you for sharing Smile
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I found some yesterday at Rite-Aid drugstore. I got 3 light and 3 medium Embarassed
rocknbarbie

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I gotta thank Dianne, I went to Shoppers on the last day, the shelf were empty so I asked a clerk about it and she got me the last 5 left back in the storage,seeing there was a limit of 4 on it, I only got 4. Not just that, I saw there was coupons for the $1.50 off too, so I used those, and got me 4 bottles at $3.05 Cdn each after tax, what a great deal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Oooo I can't wait to try this out. Carrie is sending me some over. Yay!
ksmith5
5% products discount

Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds like a great product. I just bought some Coppertone gradual tanner the other day that is a moisturizing tanner (sounds kind of like the Jergens one) and it works pretty well, but it does have that nasty smell. Embarassed I've never been able to find a self-tanner without it... so I definitely want to try this one.
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Jergens Natural Glow for fair skin tones for 4 days now and I am very pleased. Admittedly, I've never been a big fan of self tanners because of the fact you need to be careful to make sure it's even. Not with this.

I've been applying it to my legs just like I would lotion and so far my results are nice. A very even, subtle tan look. As time goes on I may switch to the version designed for medium skin tone, but with my fair skin this is a great start to the warm season.

Ironically, this is the cheapest self tanner I have tried and it's the one I'm the happiest with Very Happy

Stephanie Smile
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I put some *light* on my face, neck, chest and arms--can't wait to see the results! Thanks, carekate Very Happy
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Oooo, I can't wait to try this Jergen's product. I am very very pale (Irish) and haven't used a sunless tanner since 1983 (coppertone I believe it was), it turned me orange, and left seam marks going up the sides of my legs from my Jordache designer jeans! (am I dating myself or what) he he he. I think I will give Jergens a try! Thanks Carekate!

5% products discount

Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Well my 3 bottles of fair turned up today. I have applied it once so far. I was happy that it looked like an ordinary moisturiser, a white cream that was thin enough to easily spread. For some reason I had visions of it being a thick cream with a funny colour that dried quick, but then I've never used any kind of fake tan before so I was a bit scared, heh.

Nothing scary has happened yet tho. It smelt nice at first but now I notice the fake tan smell a bit, I don't find it too awful tho. It smells of summer to me for some reason, I guess everyone must wander round with fake tan on in the summer and I just never realised before, hehe.

Has anyone else noticed that it almost looks like it has glitter in it in certain lights when its on the skin?
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Yes, it does have a bit of shimmer in it but it's very subtle.

I tried it last night and while the scent wasn't too bad at first (like a suntan lotion smell) by the time I went to bed, it was almost a rancid pungent smell! Like the gym socks someone described above in this thread! Sad No noticeable difference yet but I think I'll switch to the medium tonight.

I couldn't leave the house smelling like this! Must be diffrent peoples' body chemistry. Ewwwwww! LOL

How long do you leave it on before you shower?
BabyBlues
5% products discount

Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I am trying my best to find this product for my daughter. She is very fair skinned.

Thanks to you ladies, I think this will be very easy for her to apply and I know she will love the shimmer.

Me, ha, I can take the mail out front and tan. Rolling Eyes
userdefined
5% products discount

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Me, ha, I can take the mail out front and tan.

Well now your just showing off, hehe Razz

It's day 4 of me using this in the "fair". It's perfect for me I no longer look like a not very well ghost Smile neither do I look like I've been at the fake tan, no streaks, although I have been being careful (never used self tan of any kind before) so I've nearly dislocated my shoulder several times ensuring it goes on my back evenly Laughing

I would only recommend the "fair" for really pale people, though I may go a little darker over the next few days Im not gonna look really tanned from this (which suits me fine).

So, do I smell like Im wearing fake tan? well maybe. I've either found a vaguely successful solution or I've just got used to it and don't notice it anymore. I use something called "bionsen japanese spa minerals" natural anti-oderant. I spray it all over before I apply the Jergens.

If anyone notices the smell I will switch to applying it at night, currently I prefer applying it after my morning shower and body brush.

Hows everyone else getting on?
ayasmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
I told a friend about the lotion and she mentioned that when she used the other sunless lotions she would spray on California Tan Sunless Neutralizer, and that is would neutralize the odor..I went on the website and checked it out, this is what it says

Brought to you by the self-proclaimed “tanning and suncare experts” at California Tan, Neutralizer offers a quick-penetrating, fast-drying spray formula that mists over skin to freshen up after sunless application, helping to eliminate that all-too-common sunless after-tan odor caused by DHA’s natural oxidizing reaction on the skin. Who can argue that a sunless connoisseur wouldn’t jump on the chance to rid themselves of sunless odor?

Neutralizer contains the following advanced tanning and skin care ingredients:

• Quick-penetrating, fast-drying spray formula mists over skin to freshen up after sunless application.

• 360º pump delivers full-body application, even in hard to reach places.

• Neutralizer Complex with Biosaccharide offers a unique technology that helps counteract the unpleasant DHA odor and works with the skin to leave you feeling refreshed and revitalized.

Has anyone out there tried this product??

• Vanilla extract delivers skin smoothing, moisturizing benefits.
userdefined
5% products discount

Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder why wouldn't they wouldn't include it in the fake tans if it removes the smell. hmmm. Sounds good tho Smile
ayasmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have been to at least 7 stores in the last 2 days and everywhere I had gone it was sold out!! I draaged 2 of my co workers with me at lunch time to Walgreens..I fianlly found 1.
The clerk was amazed how fast this stuff is flying off the shelves!! Can't wait to try!!
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine today and there was tons left at the walmart here. It was 4.97 plus tax , can't beat that price. I got the medium since I just got back from being south and have a dark tan now. Hopefully it will help me not to look like a complete ghost again by the time summer arrives here.

Have to throw in here that my face is as white as my ass Embarassed . It is way too easy to fake a tan on your face to risk the wrinkles so I never tan it.

Sherri
cheezwiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Canadian Girls!!

After reading on the boards about how Natural Glow was sold out everywhere, I didn't think I'd be able to find it. In fact, I wasn't even looking very hard for this very reason.

While wandering through Shoppers Drug Mart I walked right smack into a display case of the stuff! Imagine my glee! Very Happy

They had quite a few left - but only in fair. No medium. This works for me 'cause I'm pretty pasty. So if you're Canadian, or can sneak across the border to Canada, Shoppers Drug Mart is a good bet. (They also seem to have lots of locations all over the place).

The lotion cost me $7.49 (I just missed last week's sale price Sad ). But still, if it works, quite a bargain.

Amazing how word of mouth spreads. I will try it out over the next few days and report back!
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:42 am      Reply with quote
After reading all the raves about Jergens Natural Glow, I bought one tube in Fair. Though after I went out to 2-3 different drugstores (completely sold out Shock ). I ended up finding a stash of them in one Walgreens near my work Very Happy . I bought a tube of Fair. The woman behind me in line bought the last tubes of Fair. They still had loads of Medium left and currently (as of this post) it's selling for $5.99 ($1 off retail).

Since my friends knows how pasty white I am Embarassed , I didn't want it to be that obvious I have a self tanner on so that's why I went for Fair instead of Medium.

I can't wait to finally look like I'm alive and not a ghost. Laughing
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:24 am      Reply with quote
This stuff is great and (for me) goof proof. I'm very pale and haven't had the greatest luck with the many other self-tanners I've tried. Clarins gave me the best color, but it was still impossible to avoid some streaking and blotches here and there. Not so with Natural Glow. I've been using the Medium and wouldn't bother with anything lighter. This product is a keeper!!!

BTW, Jergens is an old Cincinnati company and is where I live. But it isn't any easier to find Natural Glow on the shelves here either! They've hit a grand slam with this product.

I wonder if the odor-neutralizing spray mentioned above would also neutralize the tanning effect. Just a thought.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:10 am      Reply with quote
I see there is another Jergens Natural Glow thread here, so I am adding my post to this one too.

Well, after going to (4)stores, I finally found the last Natural Glow Medium on the shelf at Walmart ($4.44). I used the this color (although I have very fair skin). Last night, I showered and used a salt scrub on my body first, dryed off, and applied the Natrual Glow everywhere I could reach (how do you guys do your back?). I walked around for 10 minutes to let it dry and got dressed and went to bed. The smell was okay when putting it on, but today it doesn't smell so nice on my skin. I woke up this morning with such wonderful color, and I can't find any streaks or missed spots. I think I will put another application on today. I am totally sold on this stuff! Maybe I will write to Jergens and mention the "smell" thing to them. Maybe if enough people tell them, they can do something about the scent.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Mysty, if you go to their site, they have an 800 #. You can call and speak to a representative with your comments on the scent. I did. Smile
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
If the smell really bothers you, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the bottle. (I'm assuming it's an 8 ounce bottle) It will not take the smell away, but it will "mask" it enough that you shouldn't notice it that much. I worked at a salon where we did spray tanning & that's what they told us to add to the tanning solution.
Wink
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
If the smell really bothers you, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the bottle. (I'm assuming it's an 8 ounce bottle) It will not take the smell away, but it will "mask" it enough that you shouldn't notice it that much. I worked at a salon where we did spray tanning & that's what they told us to add to the tanning solution.
Wink

Does it matter if it's imitation or real vanilla extract?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
CareKate wrote:
You have to remember that online shopping sites add on a hefty amount simply for putting the item in a box or envelope and licking it shut!!! Postage to the UK for Natural Glow should be no more than $4.85USD...trust me, I've been shipping a lot of things over there recently to my new-found EDS pals!!

*** If anyone in Canada, UK, Europe or OZ/NZ needs me to pick them up a tube of this wonder-glow stuff, just PM me and we can work out the details. I'll charge you the actual price of the product, plus the actual S&H, no "standard markup," and you can pay me via PayPal. ***

UPDATE on postage costs to ship Jergen’s Natural Glow overseas:

I wanted to update my above-post regarding the amount it costs to ship a tube of Jergen's Natural Glow overseas...each tube of NG weighs nearly 8 ounces, so it will cost $4.85USD PERtube.

Just wanted to let all y'all know, so you don't freak out and think that Lolli or I are trying to rip you off if you ask us to go shopping for you and we send you a bill!

As for those of you who are still trying to find a store that has Natural Glow in stock...my suggestion is to make friends with the stocking clerk at your fave store and ask him/her to either call you and let you know when a new shipment arrives, or else ask him/her to put a couple of tubes 'on hold' for you, because this stuff is selling out faster than ice-water in hell!!!
userdefined
5% products discount

Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well I've used this for a week now in fair and I like it. I started with REALLY pale skin and the difference isn't dramatic so I would probably recommend the medium rather than fair. I think I will get some medium and do every other day with that and every other day with fair.

The only place it goes uneven is my knees and ankles, cos of drier skin so Im putting ordinary moisturiser on those areas before I use the natural glow.

The fair is a yellowy / brown tone (very subtle tho) depending on the light, never orange tho which is good. How is the medium?

I think it would be easy to get through this quickly, is it 150ml tubes people are using? anyone know if larger tubes are available?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |