Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Jergen's "Natural Glow"-found self-tanner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie is right, it's not cheap to ship and costs more than the product to do so! It costs me $6.95 Canadian or (approx. as the rates change every day) $5.70 US for one tube. This is up to 250 grams, each tube is about 200 grams. Between 250 and 500 grams, it costs $13.40 Canadian or about $11 US, so this would be for two.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
red77:
I don't know - we only ever used real vanilla. I don't know if imitation vanilla would work. Sorry - can't answer that one!
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! Smile
appyone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:20 am      Reply with quote
Hey,
This Jergens stuff is great..I mean awsume great! I found it at Walmart only had 4 tubes left yesterday-used it this AM and already I see a nice cocoa brown color (I got the medium cuz I tan alot). I only wish I'd found it b4 I spent $30 on 1 time use tan towels (they are nice-but this works just as well and goes alot further). Thanks for turning me on to this!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Jergens regarding the smell of the Natural Glow and received the following response:

We are glad you like Natural Glow. The odor you are noticing is from the chemical reaction that causes the "tan". This odor cannot be avoided. All self tanning type results will have this smell after a while. We did choose a fragrance to help mask it but it does not eliminate it. Try using the product on your legs only. That way the smell is minimized but you still have great tan looking legs.

Cordially,
Kao Brands Consumer Relations Department

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using mine for days now and the color is amazing!!!

Last time I had a color this nice was about 8 years agog when I Fried in the Carribean sun for 10 days!! But now I am paying for it with sun blotches on my face..Never again! It is soo nice I have been asked if I have been on vacation in Mexico??

Love the look, but I always mess up in the ankles and my wrists..Is there a strategy??
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I give up! This product just can't be found where I live. In the past week I have been to two Wal-Marts - they never even heard of it; 2 CVS's, 3 Walgreens, and 1 Osco Drugs. I even emailed the company but they have not replied back. Rolling Eyes
Scout
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Too bad about the smell! Maybe I'll get used to it!

Hang in there, Penelope! Sad
Mabsy

Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
I give up! This product just can't be found where I live. In the past week I have been to two Wal-Marts - they never even heard of it; 2 CVS's, 3 Walgreens, and 1 Osco Drugs. I even emailed the company but they have not replied back. Rolling Eyes

Oh dear! I hope they'll eventually reply! I also hope that somewhere in San Diego there is stock of this because I plan on picking some up in a few weeks time! Confused
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Penelope - are you looking in the right aisle at these stores? It's in the body lotion, not the suntan oil/sunscreen aisle. I promise, this stuff really does exist! If you still can’t find it in your town, maybe you can order it online...?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Am I weird? I don't mind the smell.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:27 am      Reply with quote
penelope..worst come to worst..Ebay is selling tons of it..of course at a markup!! But I think it is worth it!! I have this healthy light brown glow to my skin!! I hope they never disconitnue this product!!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:52 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Am I weird? I don't mind the smell.
I swear I don’t even notice any smell and I have a sensitive nose!

ayasmom wrote:
penelope..worst come to worst..Ebay is selling tons of it..of course at a markup!! But I think it is worth it!! I have this healthy light brown glow to my skin!! I hope they never disconitnue this product!!
Along the same lines...I don’t know if it would work out to be cheaper in the end (how much are those Ebayers charging to mail it? As Lolli said, shipping charges cost more than the product itself!), but I could buy a tube or two for you and mail it to MA – since you’re inside the U.S., I figure I could ship two tubes via USPS Priority Mail for $3.85. Just PM me if you need me to get it for you!

BTW, just for grins, whenever I’m at a new drugstore/supermarket/superstore, I always check the shelves to see if they have it in stock...this morning when I was picking up my monthly migraine prescriptions, I saw five tubes on the shelf at a Walgreens. But for how long??

Jergen’s would be foolish to discontinue this stuff – they’ve hit a grand slam with this one! Let’s just hope they don’t ever tinker with the formula, a la that “New Coke” fiasco back in the 80s.... Mad
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
CareKate:

I checked both the moisturizer and the sunscreen isles AND checked every label on the shelf just to see if perhaps they were sold out and something else was put in its place. Nothing! Even the store managers said they had not heard of it. Another woman next to me at one of the Wal-Marts was looking for the same thing! I can't believe these store managers are so unaware of this product. BTW, still no emails from Jergens.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Today I used Fair on my arms and a half hour later put some Body Shop Cocoa Body Butter on top, it was all I could smell all day, no self-tanner smell. Which I don't mind too much, it's sort of a nutty smell. <shrug>

5% products discount

Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently in a couple of years fake tan will be a thing of the past, they'll be injections for fake tan and sun protection that lasts 90 days.

Alao, just seen an advert on UK TV for a Johnsons moisturiser with "a little" fake tan in, guess there's a bandwagon and all the companies will jump on now.
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
userdefined wrote:
Apparently in a couple of years fake tan will be a thing of the past, they'll be injections for fake tan and sun protection that lasts 90 days.

Alao, just seen an advert on UK TV for a Johnsons moisturiser with "a little" fake tan in, guess there's a bandwagon and all the companies will jump on now.

Injecting a tan sounds a little scary...but I would definitely try it. I wonder how that will work Confused Where did you hear about this?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Okay, this is just an FYI for Penelope and any others who can’t find the Jergen’s Natural Glow:

Apparently Oil of Olay has their own version of NG, called Oil of Olay “Radiance Reviver for Dry Skin,” although it apparently the effect is much more subtle than NG, and it takes longer for you to actually get your glow on. I haven’t used it, I don’t know anything about it, so this isn’t a recommendation or an endorsement! I’m merely reporting the facts....

I’m too happy with my NG to be unfaithful, but I’d be interested to hear the verdict if anyone else tries this stuff – especially someone who has used both the Jergen’s and Oil of Olay, and can give us a head-to-head comparison....

Okay, I’ve done my public service announcement for the day! Razz

Carrie

P.S. Penelope – maybe it’s not available in the northern U.S. yet because it’s still winter up there...? But then, why is Lolli able to find it up in the Great White North?? That makes no sense! Obviously I’m grasping at straws, but I seriously can’t understand why the shopkeepers have never heard of it. I mean, I can understand you maybe not being able to find it in stores because it’s selling out so quickly all around the continent, but the stores have never even heard of it?? That simply boggles my poor little mind. Shock
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:46 am      Reply with quote
pbsadhaka wrote:
If the smell really bothers you, you can add 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract to the bottle. (I'm assuming it's an 8 ounce bottle) It will not take the smell away, but it will "mask" it enough that you shouldn't notice it that much. I worked at a salon where we did spray tanning & that's what they told us to add to the tanning solution.
Wink
I have a bottle of vanilla essential fragrance oil (I've been fooling around with making perfume solids thanks to Mabsy's recipe) -- could I mix a little of that into my Natural Glow, or does it have to be the (edible) vanilla extract?

TIA!
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:08 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
CareKate:

I checked both the moisturizer and the sunscreen isles AND checked every label on the shelf just to see if perhaps they were sold out and something else was put in its place. Nothing! Even the store managers said they had not heard of it. Another woman next to me at one of the Wal-Marts was looking for the same thing! I can't believe these store managers are so unaware of this product. BTW, still no emails from Jergens.

Hi Penelope!

It took me quite a few visits to CVS, Brooks Pharmacy (all sold out) and then finally Walmart had it (the last tube that is). I am in Connecticut, I would think it would be in the Massachusetts area too. It is a fairly new product (I believe it hit the shelves in March). I found a tube in the "body lotion section." Not the sunscreen or bronzer section of the store.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:34 am      Reply with quote
I am headed to do errands today and I'll check at my Walmart...(I am in Maine) does anyone want me to pick up a tube or 2?
AP
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Caretake-Thanks for the info on the Oil of Olay product. I've been using the natural glow on my legs for a week + and am very pleased with the results. I did start with the fair because with my naturally fair skin I didn't want an overwhelming tanned look. I think next time I'll be getting the next shade to see what happens.

I was planning on going to wal-mart this weekend to pick up some more. I'll be sure and look for the oil of olay product too. If I can find it, I'll use it on my arms and report back on the differences between the two products.

Stephanie
faith
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:13 am      Reply with quote
ayasmom wrote:

No kidding they are selling it with a mark up!!! The buy it now price is as high as $23.95 Shock Shock That is totally insane. Is it really worth it for that price?
pbsadhaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:48 am      Reply with quote
carekate,
I don't know about the vanilla essential oil. I would think that it would probably work better - being more concentrated & all. We just used McCormick Vanilla Extract (like for baking), but it was real vanilla. And extracts are alcohol based - that might help them mix more, I don't know. Why don't you squirt a little blob out in your hand & try mixing in a few drops of your oil - that way you can test to see if it will mix without ruining your whole bottle?
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
ayasmom wrote:

faith wrote:
No kidding they are selling it with a mark up!!! The buy it now price is as high as $23.95 That is totally insane. Is it really worth it for that price?

When I first listed a tube there was one other seller selling 4 tubes, with a starting bid of $7 US and that was it! I did a search just now there are 68 on ebay.com! Not all of those ship out of the States and some have bad feedback, less than 98% I consider bad. I really won't buy anything from someone with negative feedback comments which total more than 1%. Plus, how they respond to negatives is another thing for me, if they are bitchy and mean in their reply, whether it was deserved or not, I won't buy.

There are some selling for rediculous prices but there are a lot selling more reasonably be sure to check shipping though and ask if they don't have shipping listed. I just found one going for $5.99 US over in 4 hours but her shipping is way higher than it would actually cost to ship the item.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |