Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coronavirus and Hand Sanitizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
oilfanatic

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I've been using hand sanitizer and washing my hands like crazy, and this has left my hands super raw.

My go to product for replenishing my skin is Queen of oils skin repair formula

whats your best product guys?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I've been using coconut oil... and trying to wear rubber gloves when I do all my sanitizing and cleaning of my groceries. I figure cracked raw hands could be leave an opening to the virus getting in.. so I'm working on getting my hands back to normal.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Golly ladies. Hand sanitizer is too harsh; I use soap and water and only wash my hands when I come in the house from somewhere. Hope your hands heal soon.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:22 am      Reply with quote
The thing is though that soap and water isn't enough to kill the virus from what I understand (even if its hot water apparently). They are suggesting that the only thing that can kill the virus is the hand sanitiser.
I don't know what to believe nowadays as there seems to be so much misleading information out there on this and what to do and not do.
SusieQ wrote:
Golly ladies. Hand sanitizer is too harsh; I use soap and water and only wash my hands when I come in the house from somewhere. Hope your hands heal soon.
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure who said that hand sanitiser is better. The best is soap and water for 20 seconds and all over your hands and wrist. This is from health professionals. Hand sanitiser is suggested as second best when you don't have access to soap and water. If you have cracked hands I would put some soothing antiseptic lotion (but not on the cracks)and wear gloves for a while. If you can find them that is!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:21 am      Reply with quote
The hand sanitiser also came from health care professionals. I agree with you re cracked hands.
For me I find alcohol too drying but like I said,
there are some professionals who insist that viral activity needs an agent like alcohol to kill it from spreading onto other surfaces, as the virus can remain "live" for a period of up to 72 hours on some surfaces.

Same with the masks, I see that even UK government is being slow off the mark to recommend them, but for most people its actually doing something that feels like its of benefit from stopping the spread. Can they help prevent the spread is debatable according to the scientists (as the countries that do use them also practise other things like social distancing etc) so its not well known if they are actually a good preventative measure (and again if you can find them LOL).

miss anna wrote:
I'm not sure who said that hand sanitiser is better. The best is soap and water for 20 seconds and all over your hands and wrist. This is from health professionals. Hand sanitiser is suggested as second best when you don't have access to soap and water. If you have cracked hands I would put some soothing antiseptic lotion (but not on the cracks)and wear gloves for a while. If you can find them that is!
karen777

Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:59 am      Reply with quote
You should use sanitisers with moisturising function

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the great tips and info, everyone! You are awesome.
My offering:
I teach and parent so my hands can get dirty from *lots* of materials. My *best* approach to hand washing is analogous to a refreshing face washing:
Wash with cleanser, tone, treat/moisturize and finish (i.e. apply make-up or sanitizer).
TONE THE SKIN ON YOUR HANDS -- I use alcohol free -- Witch Hazel toner. Improves the surface of skin so pesky viruses have a harder time taking hold.
When your chapped hands start to heal you can make a sweet scrub with coconut oil and sugar to slough off the dry skin. Repeat your hand facial!
Wishing you wellness and soft hands : )

5% products discount

Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Good ol' quality moisturizer.

I prefer something natural as the harsh chemicals in certain moisturizers tend to exacerbate the dryness.
Prettycurls

Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Most people having been using drying hand sanitizers more than usual with COVID-19. When using soap and water to wash hands, in stead of drying your hands with a hand towel. Shake off the excess water, when it is mostly shaken off rub the left over water into your hands until your hands are left damp. Next lock in the moisture by applying your favorite oil or a balm to seal the moisture in the hands. This technique really works wonders.
AmberP
5% products discount

Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:14 am      Reply with quote
Be careful. Make sure your sanitazer has glycerin in it so your skin is not dry. Otherwise, you will hurt yourself. Also use cream to moisturize your skin, natural oils.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |