Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
*~~~~~~~DIY skincare recipe & discussion thread~~~~~~~~*
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Good job, Lolli! BTW, I'm waiting for your address to send the Paves shine stuff....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:09 am      Reply with quote
so, last night i dumped some whole almonds + rice into my coffee grinder and gave them a wiz. i then mixed up the almond/rice powder with a very little bit of grapeseed oil and used it mixed with just a bit of water to make a clumpy light paste for a really good body exfoliation.

the mixture turned out a milky white liquid (i'm guessing from the ground rice) once mixed with water. i'm reminded of all the treatments out there that contain rice/fermented rice/sake ingredients for their softening + anti-aging benefits.

sooooo soft and refreshing afterwards...i think the addition of essential oils would greatly add to the mixture, but just the sent of almonds + rice was beautiful. (just left the tub a bit slick)

i'm thinking of this as homemade dr. h cc for the body.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lolli wrote:

Calming cleanser
1 tbsp chamomile flowers
1/2 cup filtered water
1 tsp Skin Care Complex
10 drops jojoba oil
2 tsp Aloe Vera gel
1/2 tsp Xanthan gum

Steep the chamomile in the h20 until cool and strain. Add all liquid ingredients, then add xanthan gum. Whisk up, it will get really thick like pudding.

So, I like this cleanser, it takes two good washes to get make-up off (powder foundation and washable mascara) but it's gentle! I can't use it though because the smell of the preservative is gagging me!! I love the smell of rosemary so I don't know why, maybe it's something else in it making me ill. I'm back to good ole Cetaphil or something else I've been trying, a half dozen drops of pure vegie glycerin, three drops of ACV and one drop of jojoba, massage that in then wet with hands then gently remove with wash cloth. It really works! I haven't gotten brave enough to try straight oils to cleanse with.

I will make my own again when I get my mitts on some unscented preservative. I've to wait awhile to make a big list of stuff worth $100 or more from Oshun. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to mention I'm also not using the preservative in the toner and have made it with pure aloe (it's very runny, no thickerners) with no water added. I presume it has a preservative, although Cranberry Lane doesn't say, one thing about that website is the lack of information about the products, some have all a huge write-up, others have none at all.

I still use the preservative in my almond paste, it's on and off so fast the smell doesn't bother me.

Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:17 am      Reply with quote
(Note: the following post is written with a smile and a tongue-in-cheek tone of voice.)

Well, I had to delete my previous post due to the fact that it made absolutely no sense. In my defense, I have never participated in a chat room--my fingers were literally shaking. I don't know if I'll ever try to post again, but rest assured I'll be reading and trying the fabulous recipes. Below is my feeble attempt at reclaiming a little dignity:
*First, when making my almond cleanser, I like a previous poster, I was able to grind my almonds enough that I did not need a carrier oil. In fact, my almonds went beyond "dehydrated mashed potatoes" right into creamy potatoes. When I added witch hazel it counter-balanced some of the oil to make a perfect paste. The next time I need paste, I'll probably just grind a little almonds (salt free, 100% organic almonds) at the health food store and add the witch hazel.
*As for raw honey, it is awesome. It is a little creamier and has all of its natural enzymes. Since my skin doesn't like regular moisturizer, sometimes I put a dab of honey in with my almond cleanser as I wash--it feels great.
*Next, I am sure all of the 100's of thousands of people who read this thread already have little pill crushers, but have to say I felt like a true genius when I realized I could keep a stash of asprin powder handy and not have to use the back of a spoon. If I have saved one person the extra work, my humiliation was not in vain.
*On a final note, a previous poster asked about skin firming masks. Each morning I do the gelatin eye treatment and make an asprin mask with slightly warmed milk and tea tree oil. Intrigued by the question, I mixed some left-over gelatin in with the mask, added some sour cream for thickness, and spread with reckless abandon. The consistency, etc., of the mask was far from perfect, but my skin was definately tighter and my pores seemed smaller--a good start.
Lolli
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anna! You have some good tips and ideas, thanks for posting them! I really like honey in my skincare, too. Do you make your own gelatin eye treatment? If so, you must post the recipe! Annette

Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Annette--The "circle buster" eye recipe is great, but it isn't mine. Check near the top of page 7 for carekate's post with all the details. It really does make a difference

Also, I saw a body scrub recipe in a magazine recently. It has two great ideas--using finely chopped crystallized ginger, and letting the carrier oil and essential oil(s), as well as any other scents, infuse for a week in an airtight container (shake periodically), then add the srubbing agent, i.e., salt or sugar.

There are two things I want to try, maybe someone has tips. I'd like to more finely grind sugars for lip or body scrubs--I like the exfoliating properties and that it doesn't sting like salt can, but the suger granuals can scratch.

And, I have redness problems from blemishes. I don't think cucumber has any exfoliation properties, but isn't it good for calming inflamation and swelling? Maybe seeding, peeling, and pulverizing could make a good mask, mixed with the right ingredients to make it stick. How about if you strained the cucumber to seperate the pulp from the liquid? You could use the cucumber in a mask or maybe in some sort of packet to cover your eyes.
The liquid could be mixed with camomille tea and other ingredients for a toner.

I'm going to experiment and report back--does anyone else have thoughts?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:59 am      Reply with quote
anna g. wrote:
Next, I am sure all of the 100's of thousands of people who read this thread already have little pill crushers, but have to say I felt like a true genius when I realized I could keep a stash of asprin powder handy and not have to use the back of a spoon.
I felt like a rocket scientist when I discovered the trick of using a pill crusher to pulverize the aspirin for the mask, too...until someone on MakeupAlley (MUA) pointed out that there really isn’t any need to crush or pulverize the aspirin before making the mask because the aspirins will quickly and completely dissolve into a fine powder simply by adding a couple of drops of water or aloe vera juice (note: aloe vera gel or honey will not, however, disintegrate the aspirin tablets). I tried it the next time I needed to make a fresh batch of aspirin mask and damned if that person wasn’t right!! Embarassed The little aspirin tablets dissolved as fast as an Alka Seltzer tablet in the old “Plop, Plop, fizz, fizz” TV commercials. I wish I’d have known about that from the start, because I actually gave myself a nasty callous on my hand from using the pill crusher to smash up an entire bottle of 300 aspirin tablets one night!!

anna g. wrote:
Also, I saw a body scrub recipe in a magazine recently. It has two great ideas--using finely chopped crystallized ginger, and letting the carrier oil and essential oil(s), as well as any other scents, infuse for a week in an airtight container (shake periodically), then add the srubbing agent, i.e., salt or sugar.

There are two things I want to try, maybe someone has tips. I'd like to more finely grind sugars for lip or body scrubs--I like the exfoliating properties and that it doesn't sting like salt can, but the suger granuals can scratch.

Regarding the use of sugar for lip scrubs: you can make a super gentle lip scrub by substituting *brown* sugar in lieu of salt or granulated (white) sugar, although I have made a lip scrub using plain white sugar in the past and it really wasn’t too harsh or rough for my delicate lip tissue.

As a matter of fact, Smashbox cosmetics makes a lip scrub called “Emulsion Lip Exfoliant” that has a base of several oils (i.e.: castor, soybean, sesame, grapeseed, avocado, etc.), beeswax, cocoa and shea butter with granulated sugar and poppyseeds, among other things, to provide the “scrubbing” particles. I actually own this lip exfoliant and quite like it.

For the record, in the mornings I use my homemade aspirin/sugar and honey lip scrub to exfoliate my lips before applying my LipFusion plumping gloss or LipPulse plumping gloss because it doesn’t contain any oils that would leave a residue on my lips and prevent the plumping products from penetrating my lip tissue evenly, but at night I use the Smashbox lip scrub because it can also double as a lovely, moisturizing lip treatment. I reckon I could probably make my own homemade version of the Smashbox lip scrub, but I haven’t given it a try yet....

Anyway, this is a website that gives some good, basic info and recipes regarding homemade body scrubs, including the benefits and/or disadvantages of using salt vs. sugar body scrubs: http://www.cancerlynx.com/bodyscrub.html#TOP This is the website that actually first sparked my interest in making DIY skincare stuff!

anna g. wrote:
And, I have redness problems from blemishes. I don't think cucumber has any exfoliation properties, but isn't it good for calming inflamation and swelling?
Have you tried the homemade ACV toner yet? To combat your redness and blotches from past breakouts, I seriously recommend that you try the ACV toner and homemade aspirin mask. You can find the recipe for the ACV toner on pg 1 of this thread.

Finally, I don’t know if you have yet ventured into the realm of incorporating various essential oils into your homemade skincare products, but check out the post below for a crash course in the use of essential oils in skin and hair care products.

HTH,
Carrie

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I found a great website the provides specific info on essential oils and their use in skin and/or haircare. Here's the link: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://www.standinghorse.com/soothingessentials/berga.html (see "Essential Oils Page One" and "Essential Oils Page Two"),but I'm going to post some of the highlights, so here goes:

Essential Oil Guide for Skin and Hair –

• BERGAMOT: Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, aids in the healing of wounds and scars. Astringent, good for oily skin. Used for acne, eczema, spots, cold sores, boils, wounds.

• CLARY SAGE: Antiseptic, aids in the regeneration of skin cells, wrinkles, anti-inflammatory, also helpful for acne, boils, inflammation, psoriasis, eczema. Helps cuts, wounds and burns to heal. Useful for hair care controls the production of sebum, oily hair, dandruff; discourages hair growth.

• CYPRESS: Regulates oil production, best for oily and over-hydrated skin. Used to treat excessive perspiration, wounds, frostbite, acne and cellulitis.

• EUCALYPTUS: Analgesic, antiseptic, helps wounds to heal, aids in the forming of scar tissue, used for burns, cuts, blisters, ulcers, wounds.

• FENNEL: Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, stimulates circulation, used for dull and oily skin, bruises, cellulitis, wrinkles.

• FRANKINCENSE: Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, astringent, helps wounds and scars to heal; very good for dry and mature skin, used for wrinkles (was used for embalming).

• GERANIUM: Especially good for oily and dull skin , but it can be used for all skin types. Antiseptic, fungicidal, cleansing, mildly pain-relieving, reduces inflammation, stops bleeding, promotes the forming of scar tissue, helps wounds to heal. Used for acne, bruises, burns, cuts, broken capillaries, dermatitis, cellulitis, eczema, ulcers, wounds.

• GINGER: Used to treat varicose veins and cellulitis.

• LAVENDER: Antiseptic, controls the production of sebum, stimulates circulation in the skin. Assists in the healing of wounds (aids in the formation of scar tissue) and helps to rejuvenate the skin. Used to treat acne, cuts, burns, sunburn, inflammation, psoriasis, wrinkles.

• LEMON: Assists in the formation of scar tissue. Antiseptic, astringent, controls the production of sebum, used for oily skin ,and acne. Revitalizes the skin by improving circulation and encouraging the elimination of wastes (used for cellulitis); gently exfoliates the complexion. With long application reduces broken capillaries and varicose veins, softens scar tissue on scars and corns. It is also said to strengthen brittle nails.

• MARJORAM: Pain-relieving, antiseptic, helps wounds to heal, used for chillblains, cuts, bruises.

• MYRRH: Antiseptic, astringent, reduces inflammation, improves circulation, stimulates the regeneration of of skin cells, assists in the healing of wounds. Used to treat eczema, wounds, wrinkles. Very good for mature complexions or chapped and cracked skin.
• PEPPERMINT: Anti-inflammatory , pain-relieving, antiseptic, astringent, relieves itching, used for acne, dermatitis. (For itching it should be used in very small concentration - less than 1 %) Stimulates circulation and can enliven dull, congested skin. Used in the treatment of broken capillaries.

• ROMAN CHAMOMILE: Reduces inflammation, promotes the forming of scar tissue, aids in the healing of wounds. Used for acne, boils, cuts, chillblains, dermatitis, eczema, rashes, burns and sunburn. Very good for dry skin, especially when it is inflamed and sensitive. Can reduce the redness of broken capillaries.

• ROSEMARY: Antiseptic, gently pain-relieving, assists in the healing of wounds and scars. Regulates oil secretions, stimulates circulation, encourages the elimination of cellular wastes, assists in the drainage of lymphatic fluid; improves dull-looking skin, used to treat acne, dermatitis, varicose veins, cellulitis. Stimulates the scalp, promotes hair growth, used for dandruff and seborrhea.

• TEA TREE: Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, assists in the healing of wounds and scars. Used to treat acne, blisters, burns, sunburn, cold sores , rashes, warts, fungal infections and wounds. One of the few oils that can be used directly on the skin. Useful in oral hygiene, relieves gingivitis, mouth ulcers, periodontal disease and toothaches(gargle). Caution: Can be irritate skin .Do a patch test.

• THYME: antiseptic, astringent, assists in the healing of wounds and scars. Used to treat acne, bruises, burns, cuts, dermatitis, cellulitis, eczema, insect bites.

• YLANG YLANG: Antiseptic, soothing, helps to control the production of sebum, smooths the skin and stimulates new cell growth. Used to treat oily and irritated skin, acne, dandruff. eczema, wrinkles. Stimulates hair growth.

And, just to make things easier, here are the essential oils grouped by skintype or condition:

• DRY SKIN: Chamomile, Frankincense, Lavender, Palmarosa, Rosewood.

• OILY SKIN: Bergamot, Carrot seed, Cedarwood, Clary sage, Cypress, Fennel (sweet), Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lemon, Mandarin, Tea tree, Ylang-ylang.

• DULL AND/OR CONGESTED SKIN: Fennel, Geranium, Grapefruit, Mandarin, Peppermint, Rosemary, Rosewood.

• WRINKLES: Carrot seed, Clary sage, Fennel, Frankincense, Lavender, Mandarin, Myrrh, Palmarosa, Rosewood, Ylang-ylang.

• ACNE: Bergamot, Chamomile, Clary sage, Clove bud, Geranium, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lime,Mandarin, Palmarosa, Peppermint, Rosemary, Rosewood, Tea tree, Ylang-ylang.

• REDUCING INFLAMMATION: Chamomile, Clary sage, Fennel, Frankincense, Geranium, Myrrh, Peppermint, Orange, Tea tree .

• BROKEN CAPILLARIES: Chamomile, Cypress , Geranium, Lemon, Palmarosa, Peppermint Rosemary.
• CELLULITE: Cellulitis is composed of fat, cellular wastes and water, the oils used for this condition improve circulation, encourage the elimination of wastes and fluid. Basil, Clary sage, Fennel, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Juniper, Lemon, Rosemary.

GENERAL TIPS FOR CREATING ESSENTIAL OIL BLENDS:
Many blends for therapeutic effect contain only 3 to 4 essential oils. If you find that you want to use more oils make another blend. You may have two or three things going on within your body. Make a blend for those 2 or 3 things not one blend to cover all.

Anyway, I hope this helps my fellow DIYers...

Good luck and have fun!
Carrie

Important Note: Before you go - in your kitchen or "laboratory," please be sure to go read the info from the above links, as there are some cautions regarding the use of these essential oils and/or tips on how to mix them!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:40 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the ACV toner and the aspirin mask regularly and am completely sold on them. When I went to buy more aloe vera gel I didn't notice that the brand I picked up that said it was 99% pure aloe gel (I think it was Panama Jack) has water as the first ingredient and I wasn't too happy until I realized it easily "melts" the uncoated aspirins - so depending on the ingredient list of your aloe vera gel, you might be able to use it easily for the face mask.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:40 am      Reply with quote
lamicuz wrote:
so, last night i dumped some whole almonds + rice into my coffee grinder and gave them a wiz. i then mixed up the almond/rice powder with a very little bit of grapeseed oil and used it mixed with just a bit of water to make a clumpy light paste for a really good body exfoliation.

the mixture turned out a milky white liquid (i'm guessing from the ground rice) once mixed with water. i'm reminded of all the treatments out there that contain rice/fermented rice/sake ingredients for their softening + anti-aging benefits.
Okay, this got me thinking....

Isn’t the primary active ingredient in Dermalogica’s Daily Microfoliant rice powder? Isn’t that the enzyme thing that actually makes it work? If yes, then it should be fairly simple to make a homemade version of the DM by simply grinding up rice the way the way that Lamicuz describes.

Whaddaya y'all think? Would this work?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:23 am      Reply with quote
i wouldn't see why not...just make sure to grind up the rice reallllllly well. the "chunks" of rice that i ended up with were perfect for my body but i wouldn't dare use it on my face. i believe that it is possible to buy rice in powder form from skincare ingredient supply companies...

or maybe rice flour from an asian market work...

or one could also try ground rice bran...
melissajane
5% products discount

Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am new here and live in Australia. I have been making my own cosmetics using oils such as almond oil, apricot oil etc and water and glycerine and mixing them together with emulsifying wax. I have been looking at ingredients of natural moisturisers in the stores and they dont use this wax instead they use sugar cane ethanol and lecithin powder. I have been searching every where for this but cant find where i would be able to buy some ethanol and also how i would use it. If anyone would be able to help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Melissa. Rolling Eyes
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 3:23 am      Reply with quote
melissajane wrote:
I have been searching every where for this but cant find where i would be able to buy some ethanol and also how i would use it. If anyone would be able to help me it would be greatly appreciated.
I don't know if this is quite what you mean, but have a look at this link: http://thepersonalformulator.com/wvss/advanced_search_result.php?osCsid=dac22fb87f832e284042178c1061a9f2&keywords=ethanol&osCsid=dac22fb87f832e284042178c1061a9f2 The Personal Formulator does ship internationally, so if this is what you're after, it shouldn't be a problem getting it sent to Oz....

5% products discount

Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the link to the website Care Kate, however i still havent found what i am after. I want to create skin creams that are 100% natural but looks like it is going to be difficult to find what im looking for.
I really love this forum and have been watching it for some time but this was my first posting. Wink
Mabsy

Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Melissa - I don't know if ethanol is that easily accesible in Australia. Have you tried the Australian raw skincare ingredients sites like http://shopping.seoc.com.au/ , http://www.aquasapone.com.au/prodlist.html , http://www.newdirections.com.au/shop/index.php , http://www.heirloombodycare.com.au/ , and, http://www.aussiesoapsupplies.com.au/ ?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:57 am      Reply with quote
All I know about ethanol is that’s what my beloved Indy cars use for fuel! So surely the stuff Melissa is looking for must be different, because I certainly wouldn’t want to put race car fuel on my face!! Shock

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:13 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
All I know about ethanol is that’s what my beloved Indy cars use for fuel! So surely the stuff Melissa is looking for must be different, because I certainly wouldn’t want to put race car fuel on my face!! Shock

Yeah, there's this whole debate in Australia about adding ethanol to petrol and whether that destroys engines (in normal cars over long term). Skincare wise, I guess we're talking about one derived from vegetables though (if that's actually different, I don't know). It doesn't sound like something I would put in skincare by choice but then again I'm not too well informed on the various types of alcohol and which are the ones to avoid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Yeah, there's this whole debate in Australia about adding ethanol to petrol and whether that destroys engines (in normal cars over long term).
Doesn't Brazil use some kind of alcohol/ethanol derived from corn to fuel (or add to fuel) their cars? I thought I remember hearing something about that a few years ago while watching a news report on Brazil's "new, booming economy," and that is how Brazil justified cutting down the Amazonian rain forests despite pressure from all the "Greenpeace" type organizations....?

Fri Aug 19, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
Doesn't Brazil use some kind of alcohol/ethanol derived from corn to fuel (or add to fuel) their cars? I thought I remember hearing something about that a few years ago while watching a news report on Brazil's "new, booming economy," and that is how Brazil justified cutting down the Amazonian rain forests despite pressure from all the "Greenpeace" type organizations....?

I just did some quick searching and found that (at least in Australia) ethanol is fermented from corn, wheat, barley etc About 90% of ethanol (worldwide I think) is used in petrol. The debate that started up in Australia came about after some tests claimed that ethanol damaged engines over long period of use. Whether that was true or not, I am not sure. But I do recall seeing big stickers at petrol stations that said "we do not add ethanol to our petrol" after this whole thing hit the media and lots of discusions on talk-back radio and current affair type programs. It seems though that ethanol in petrol at 10% is considered safe (and this is the max limit allowed by the Aussie govt).

5% products discount

Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Mabsy for those links, i found an emulsifyer on the aquasapone website that claims to be all natural.
The ethanol that i was looking for is organic sugar cane ethanol which is used in brands such as Miessence moisturiser (dont know if that is only available in oz??) and they claim to be totally natural and there are a couple of other brands that use it too. Sorry to confuse everyone, think i am confused myself!!!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have been know to spend a fortune on products especially masks. Recently I made my own mask that is so amazing I have to share it.

Green Tea Mask (very calming, gives the skin a glow and seems to tighten the skin a little)

I use Matcha Green tea (Japanese tea powder) I use an organic one.

1/2tsp Matcha powder (pour 1Tbsp of hot not boiling water on it to make a tea)
White clay to blend into a nice smooth paste
1/2tsp of a natural moistuizer or oil base of your preference (Julique Calendula cream or herbal recovery gel)

Wait until the tea cools off before adding the other stuff.

This mask is the best I have ever used for calming redness and acne. Wow. The Matcha is very strong Green Tea and works so so well to really calm the skin and give it a glow.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I found this recipe for an Oil-Control Shampoo that I posted for Mabsy a few months ago and thought it deserved to be posted in the official DIY recipes thread, so here it is:

carekate wrote:
I’ve actually been playing around with essential oils, making different shampoo formulations for my mom as she has extremely oily hair – I mean EXTREMELY oily! Her hair is as oily as my face used to be!! I mean, she washes it and three hours later you can see oil up around the scalp. Eeeck!!

So here’s the oil-control formulation I would recommend adding a full bottle of your fave shampoo:

• 5 drops Ylang Ylang;
• 5 drops Clary Sage (this is the essential oil that is most-often touted for it’s oil-control abilities on the scalp;
• 2 drops Cypress
• 2 drops Geranium
• 2 drops Lemon
• 2 drops Peppermint
• 1 drop Lavendar
• 1 drop Rosemary

My mom has been using this formula since Saturday and it has cut back on the “ooze” factor. We’re hoping it’ll have a cumulative effect and work even better the longer she uses it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Would any of you girls happen to know of some miraculous DIY potion to help eliminate the symptoms of psoriasis?

It would be much appreciated - thanks
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:56 am      Reply with quote
lilome wrote:
Would any of you girls happen to know of some miraculous DIY potion to help eliminate the symptoms of psoriasis?
There are many essential oils that can help and Emu oil is also known to be an effective treatment. Because it is not a good idea to apply essential oils directly to your skin, I believe it would be helpful if you used the Emu oil as a “carrier” oil and blend a couple of drops of any 1-2 of the following essential oils to make your own psoriasis treatment:

EOs effective at treating psoriasis–
------------------------------------------
• Lavender
• Sandalwood
• Frankincense
• Neroli
• Bergamot
• Angelica

You can either massage the oils onto the afflicted area or else add a couple tablespoons of the mixture to your bath water (be careful, the tub will be slippery afterwards!).

In case you do not have ready access to obtain essential oils in your part of the world, I know that you can order most of the EOs listed above fromwww.aroma-pure.com and that they will ship internationally for a reasonable price.

HTH,
Carrie

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |