Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Yonka Cleanser Comparison
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
lovestuff
5% products discount

Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, great job on the reviews! They're all dead on, in my experience. I just found a new wrinkle/furrow/canyon today and want to know if anyone can recommend a Yonka solution, or any other line. I do like phytomer and dermalogica. I have oily-ish skin, prone to breakouts in chin area when under stress, and a little pinky in the cheeks in the winter. I use Juvenil, creme pg/creme 15, creme 52, dermol, serum. I haven't really had too many wrinkle problems, more concerned about blemishes in the past. But now after today, it's an issue. Thanks!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi Chunlisa,

I'm currently using Pamplemousse, Yon-Ka Serum, and Phyto 58. I have dehydrated combo skin (though it seems to be more on the dry side at the moment). Any suggestions for Yon-Ka products? Thanks!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the sample size of Yonka cleansing gel from EDS,l really love it Very Happy

my skin is oily and sensitive but this clensing gel can reduce the oil and not dry out my skin.
horris
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
HI Chunlisa,
thanks a lot for the great review. I'm interested in the Yonka product in general. Apart from the cleansers do you have any other recommendation?
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I had used Yonka cleansing gel more than 2 years, I love it. But once I started using Retinol, it irritated my skin. I tried SpectroDerm after rearching and reading reviews from Makeupalley. It is gentle yet moisturizing. I'll never return to Yonka. For those who live in Canada, you can buy it at Shopper Drug Mart.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:10 am      Reply with quote
I've only used the Cleansing Milk twice and I'm so in love with it. It doesn't irritate my skin at all which is why I love it so much. Every single other cleanser I have ever tried irriated my skin. I didn't leave any film on my face either. Plus it smells very nice and has a beautiful blue/greenish color to it Very Happy I only use 2 pumps each time and it's more than enough to clean my whole face. Many thanks to chunlisa. I think I have found my HG cleanser. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Chunlisa

I am planning to change my skin care to this line - I ordered from London at ridiculous prices (a few days before I discovered EDS)...Creme 58 for Sensitive Dry Skin and the Anti Aging Balm...they sent me samples of cleansing milk and lotion for senstive dry...and also the Fruitela, Pampelmouse and Gomage 305...

I use (put only for the last week so it is a bit soon to tell) the 58 at night with a bit of the Balm on top, seems nice, skin seems purified, clearer fresher smoother, but doesn't seem to firm, although these products are not for firming so I need to get something that firms at my age...would you recommed the serum, or the misonium...so thrilled to find someone that is a fan of Yonka, until 3 weeks ago I'd never heard of it...in the day I am using my current antiage serum ( to use it up) and the Balm...the Balm smells gorgeous...you have to put it on quickly as it literally melts when you get it out of the tube...

Also I am thinking to get some Yonka for my 13 year old daughter, she has typical teenage skin and some spots, we have it quiet well undercontrol at the moment but it can flare up and look a mess. I have read some rave reviews on the Emulsion Pure, would you recommend the cleansing gel for her or the cleansing cream....?

Loving this thread...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just realised that the first post on this thread was years ago...so is Chunlisa still around, if not love to hear from anyone else with experience of Yonka products - thanks...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I use that cleanser every day and it works well. It removes my makeup without drying up my skin. I just wish it felt fresher on my skin... it has a heavy feel to it.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have bought the Yonka Gel Nettoyant cleanser. I have been using it a week now. I think it cleans well, it also foams which i like and the foam is not too less and not too much so i like it. This is the first time i have used a gel cleanser and i like this one for a first time try. I think overall the cleanser cleans good but i tried the sample of Yonka toner for normal to oiley skin, although i have normal to dry skin. And currently skin is on the dry side. The cleanser did not dry my skin out. After using the toner i see abit of brown dirt sort of on the cotton wool so i dunno if this cleanser removes and cleans as well as i thought it did.

The smell of the toner is abit too strong, close to a medicinal smell. It doesnt bother me though.

I also have the creme28 for my day time moisturizer which i also apply as an eye creme too for the time being. The moisturizer sinks in well, also it is not too much which i like. In addition to this i am able to use my bioderma sunscrean on top of it.

Overall for 1 week use i like the Yonka products. but in comparison to decleor i am still on satisfied in a way that Yonka is the brand for me. Decleor i like the faint smell of the products better and overall the products better except for the cleanser.
Well its too early to say whether i will buy Yonka again so i will review this again in a month or so Smile
danatartau
5% products discount

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Careful,
Yonka Cleansing Milk does lick a lot.
You loose a lot of product this way.
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
i like this cleanser too,small great

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
i got this cleanser and i didnt like it i couldnt even make myself finish half of it. it left a oily film on my face every time i used it
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |