Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:55 am      Reply with quote
LLucy wrote:
Hyaluronic acid is soluble in water. I would presume it doesn't disslove in oil. Has anyone tried that?

I just mix the Hyaluronic Acid which has already been disolved in water, with a little Emu Oil in the palm of my hand and apply to skin. Seems to make the oil sink in faster.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:23 am      Reply with quote
fuzzybluelogic wrote:
I've tried OCM on and off for a few years, never really sticking with it. Last time I tried it, I loved the feeling of massaging my face and feeling the plugs come out that I did it for too long one night and woke up with a swollen face. I want to try it again in combo with bubzbeauty's ACV, raw honey, sugar (I use brown) and green tea mask, and her recipe for green tea and ACV toner. She's on YouTube. I'm going to try and make my own "Egyptian Magic" cream using raw honey, beeswax, jojoba oil (instead of olive), and maybe some EO's if I can make the recipe work.

You can buy hydralauric acid online, maybe see what I can do with that. Has anyone played around with hydralauric acid?

I read about the ionizing properties of castor oil. It will purge impurities from your body. Your swollen face might have been a detoxifying reaction to the castor oil. Detoxification often takes odd forms. If you are detoxifying your body with food, the poisons that come out will often cause you to fee like you have a flu. I have found that that when the castor oil is causing swelling, it is because my body is purging in a certain area. I have noticed that my face is looking more like it's 'old self'. As we age, we get puffiness in certain areas and that puffiness is probably due to toxin build-up. I've noticed that the short-term purges get rid of the long-term puffiness. I would encourage you to keep up with the OCM, not only for cosmetic reasons, but for your health as well.

I have been putting the castor oil on my legs because it encourages lymphatic drainage and circulation as well as detoxification. I can really feel the circulation running behind my knees. I figure it can't hurt the cellulite either because there are a lot of toxins there. I mix it with other oils to encourage detox. I've just started that.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:27 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
I tend to try OCM for a couple weeks, then stop for a while, then go back on. I can never tell whether it's helping or hurting me. Sometimes I actually think OCM dries me out.

You might need to experiment with different concentrations of the castor oil and the different base oils to which you add it. I've decreased the amount of castor oil and put it in apricot kernal oil, vitamin E oil and avocado oil. That's pretty moisturizing.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
LLucy wrote:
Hyaluronic acid is soluble in water. I would presume it doesn't disslove in oil. Has anyone tried that?

I just mix the Hyaluronic Acid which has already been disolved in water, with a little Emu Oil in the palm of my hand and apply to skin. Seems to make the oil sink in faster.

Emu oil scares me. It's a great moisturizer but the thought of putting animal fat on me is scary. A lot of stuff can be transmitted through that.

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:30 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
i'm having a bad breakout around my chin area now so i'm backing off OCM for a bit. not sure whether that's the reason, and I use the lavender foam after OCM to make sure every bit of oil is washed off, but since i can't figure out the cause, i will just OCM maybe twice or three times a week and alternate with epidermxII, with maybe a rest day in between. I use virgin coconut oil, not sure whether that's the reason but I've also used EVOO and the results are the same.
i do enjoy doing the OCM, on sunday I did a mini facial with OCM, steaming, epidermxII, yoghurt honey mask... but now aackk! i hope this is purging, perhaps also purging from the IPF healing serum which apparently is normal.
will have to wait and see...ahhh sweet torture!!

You might be purging from deeper in your skin.

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Jessica71 wrote:
I read this thread many weeks ago, and was very excited to try OCM..I did for 2 weeks..but now, I'm sad to report, it didn't work for me. Although it wasn't bad for my skin by any means, I didn't see any marked improvement Sad .

If your skin is young you might not see a dramatic difference because your skin is already peaking! Shock

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:26 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Emu oil scares me. It's a great moisturizer but the thought of putting animal fat on me is scary. A lot of stuff can be transmitted through that.

I can understand not using Emu Oil from a vegetarian standpoint, but I'm not sure what you mean by "stuff can be transmitted". Most of us consume butter, cheese, milk, cream and a myriad of other animal products with no ill effects. In addition soap used to be made from whale oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
InkyProse wrote:

I can understand not using Emu Oil from a vegetarian standpoint, but I'm not sure what you mean by "stuff can be transmitted". Most of us consume butter, cheese, milk, cream and a myriad of other animal products with no ill effects. In addition soap used to be made from whale oil.

But the foodstuffs are pasturized to kill microorganisms. Straight fat from animals contain toxins. The bottle of Emu oil I have doesn't mention anything about purification methods. I also remember reading that stuff can be transmitted through the Emu oil. I'll try to find it. I think it was on the Skin Actives site. They make a synthetic emu oil.

Edit: I'm glad you challenged me on this, Keliu. We might both learn something important:

http://www.uniquelyemu.com/aea_certified_oil.htm

WHY USE AEA CERTIFIED EMU OIL?

What is Fully Refined Emu Oil?
Pure Emu Oil that has been properly processed and has met the stringent specifications listed in the Fully Refined Trade Rules for moisture content below 0.10%, Peroxide (oxidation component) below 2 and Free Fatty Acid (oxidation component) below 0.10 %.

Why is Fully Refined Emu Oil Important?
This Fully Refined designation or specification for pure emu oil is primarily for the safety of the consumer. If moisture is above the 0.10% level, bacteria will have a tendency to grow. By removing the peroxide and free fatty acids, other contamination components will be removed, for example; hormones, toxic metals, pesticides, viruses and infections (e-coli, salmonella for example that may have contaminated the raw material at the animal processing plants).

What Danger is it to use grades of pure emu oil that are not Fully Refined?
Danger only exists when the pure emu oil is to be used on the human skin or is to be taken orally. If the pure emu oil is not Fully Refined, there is risk that the oil is contaminated or has not been sterilized. To be assured that you are purchasing Fully Refined Emu Oil, always look for the AEA Certification Seal on every bottle of Emu Oil that you buy. If the AEA Certification seal is not exhibited on the bottle of pure emu oil that you purchase, then you are merely taking the word of the seller that the grade of emu oil is what they are claiming.

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:49 am      Reply with quote
What Is AEA (American Emu Association) Certified Emu Oil?
AEA Certified Emu Oil is pure emu oil that has been tested at the time of processing by an AOCS (American Oil Chemist Society) certified chemist and has been certified to meet the stringent specifications for the Emu Oil Fully Refined Trade rules. This well- documented certification process ensures that the pure emu oil has been tested and has achieved the specifications of Fully-Refined Emu Oil and a sample is held in storage for each batch of pure emu oil that has achieved the Fully Refined Specifications. Only pure emu oil that has gone through this stringent evaluation process can carry the AEA Certification Seal.

So this product looks like the safest bet:

"Uniquely Emu Products, Inc. ONLY sells AEA Certified Fully Refined Emu Oil, which is suitable for pharmaceutical, medical, and cosmetic uses."

The Skin Actives site gave a kind of reference to these facts also, if you look at their EMUlater oil.

(Keliu: don't forget to look at the previous post. I edited it.)

LLucy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Castor oil looks benign but can be pretty potent stuff. It can have a drying effect. I once put pure castor oil on my face for OCM - definitely a mistake as it made my skin dry, tight, wrinkly, and flakey for several days afterward.

One needs to find a proportion of castor/to carrier oil that works for them. A higher percentage of castor may work better for someone with acne; a lower percentage for someone with dry skin. Anyone having problems with OCM can try adjusting the amount of castor oil up or down, depending on desired result. And I've said this before, but I can't stress it enough: The most important thing is to wash the oils off THOROUGHLY, not let them sit there on the surface of your skin. I think alot of problems people have with this method - either way - are often due to not taking the time needed to wash the oil off. Neutral
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:07 am      Reply with quote
LLucy wrote:
Castor oil looks benign but can be pretty potent stuff. It can have a drying effect. I once put pure castor oil on my face for OCM - definitely a mistake as it made my skin dry, tight, wrinkly, and flakey for several days afterward.

One needs to find a proportion of castor/to carrier oil that works for them. A higher percentage of castor may work better for someone with acne; a lower percentage for someone with dry skin. Anyone having problems with OCM can try adjusting the amount of castor oil up or down, depending on desired result. And I've said this before, but I can't stress it enough: The most important thing is to wash the oils off THOROUGHLY, not let them sit there on the surface of your skin. I think alot of problems people have with this method - either way - are often due to not taking the time needed to wash the oil off. Neutral

I also make sure I rinse my face with cold water to close the pores and then put straight vitamin E oil on it. My skin loves E.

LLucy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Inky,

I like Vit E mixed with Rice Bran Oil as a moisturizer. Lately I've added a bit of borage oil to the mix. Seems to work well on my "menopausal" skin. Smile
fuzzybluelogic

Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
fuzzybluelogic wrote:
You can buy hydralauric acid online, maybe see what I can do with that. Has anyone played around with hydralauric acid?

I think you mean hyaluronic acid. You can buy ready made serums or buy the powder and mix it up yourself. It can then be combined with other serum ingredients or with a little oil of your choice to use as a moisturiser.

Whoops! ><

Thanks for the correction and the info Smile

I have some really raw honey, some cosmetic grade beeswax, jojoba oil (instead of olive), and bee pollen (I'm not allergic to anything so since I'm experimenting on myself, I'm not concerned about a reaction) for my DIY Egyptian Magic experiment, I'm a bit concerned about the pore clogging qualities of beeswax. If THAT works, I want to add hyaluronic acid.

I'm going to rid myself of acne and "orange peel" skin texture some way, come Hell or high water.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of Egyptian Magic so I'll be interested to see how your DIY version goes. However, I'm not sure why you're bothering to go to the trouble - Egyptian Magic isn't that cheap, however, my tub has lasted well over a year and I'm only half way through it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Inky, thanks for the info on Emu Oil. You raise a good point but I'm sure that if you buy from a reputable buyer you will find that the oil has been refined to the appropriate standards. No manufacturer of Emu Oil would want to be poisoning their customers! As you probably are aware, I live in Australia (the home of emus!) and Emu Oil is readily available here as a cure all for just about everything. It's also used by vets to cure animal skin problems. It also comes in gel form to be taken orally.

To get back to the topic on hand - LLucy makes a most important point about OCM, the oil must be removed thoroughly with lots and lots of water. You can use an Apple Cider Vinegar toner afterwards which also helps to make sure that there is absolutely no oily residue left on the skin - if you find the smell offensive, try adding a few drops of essential lemon oil to the mix. And, yes, just adjust the amount of Castor Oil to suit your skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Shock MG! I was so skeptic about this OCM thing, that I just had to try it!

My concoction: Caster Oil, Jojoba oil with a bit of Chamomile.

I only needed to apply this method on my husband's nose. His skin is perfect besides his nose that is clogged with tons of blackheads. I wanted to try it and not ruin his beautiful skin.

Yeah I know, I am such a devil....I didn't want to do it on my own skin first, just in case it was just one of those internet things. he he

Back to my story...

I was massaging the oil mix into his nose and i kept on getting specks on my fingers and would wipe it off on a towel that was placed next to his head. We came back from the beach and I just thought that it was pieces of beach from around us. At a point during the massage upon further inspection, when I took my thumbs off and saw all this white crap with little black specks. By gosh....this was the black heads and gunk coming out. I mean, it was a white cream coming off! I couldn't believe it.

Well, I didn't want to overdo it. I have heard too many people having bad reactions from overdoing it. So I used a hot towel several times to wipe off the oil and then did a pore strip. The hot towel and caster oil really opened up his pores that everything that was leftover came out on the pore strip!

My husband never reacts to anything (he is a Marine) exclaimed, "Holy s&$t! Look how much is on there! I have never had that much come out!"

I was like, "I know! I has to be the Oil concoction that loosened it up. That is what the stuff is suppose to do! Look at your nose! There is nothing in the holes! Nothing! Holy mole!"

I am telling you, this stuff really does work for cleansing. I mean, I wouldn't do it every night but once a week or month is perfect!

My turn. I have the TCA peel coming in tomorrow and I can't decide if I should wait till after vacation to do it and just do the oil cleanse now. It made my husbands skin even softer than it is! I can't stop looking at his nose and talking about it.

He told me that i have to stop talking about it now, and to stop my novel on this!

I just wanted to let you know of my experience with it. Another satisfied customer!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot to add that before I put the oil cleansing method I quickly swiped my Clarisonic over his nose to open them up a lot.

I didn't want to do too much so I swiped it on each side back and for two passes and then did the oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:
I forgot to add that before I put the oil cleansing method I quickly swiped my Clarisonic over his nose to open them up a lot.

I didn't want to do too much so I swiped it on each side back and for two passes and then did the oil.

So now you're a believer, eh? Yup, one time is all it takes!

Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ha ha! Laughing I know! I try to debunk these beauty regimens and just end up a believer....in a few methods.

The Clarisonic is my new HG! That thing is amazing! I am off my Retin A because of it!

OCM....HG for my husbands nose!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Ha ha! Laughing I know! I try to debunk these beauty regimens and just end up a believer....in a few methods.

The Clarisonic is my new HG! That thing is amazing! I am off my Retin A because of it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:

Miss Tina, so what is proportion you used for castor and jojoba oil? I even tried 50/50 and my blackheads are still there Sad maybe I should give this clarisonic a go...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Tina wrote:

Congratulations!

ChelseaaaHi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:14 am      Reply with quote
So correct me if I'm wrong:
-the castor oil MUST be cold-pressed and this can
be purchased in your health foods store, online?

When you dilute the castor oil does it need to be diluted with a "carrier oil" or it can just be diluted with jojoba oil to your skin's needs?
fuzzybluelogic

Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm a huge fan of Egyptian Magic so I'll be interested to see how your DIY version goes. However, I'm not sure why you're bothering to go to the trouble

Because it's fun! Smile
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
ChelseaaaHi wrote:
So correct me if I'm wrong:
-the castor oil MUST be cold-pressed and this can
be purchased in your health foods store, online?

When you dilute the castor oil does it need to be diluted with a "carrier oil" or it can just be diluted with jojoba oil to your skin's needs?

I get mine at WalMart.

You don't need to dilute it but it can be very drying if you don't.

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |