Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Hello all,
I have a weekend treat I like to do. Here goes,
I slather 1 of my DIY cleansing oils on nice clean skin, also colditioning/cleansing hair/scalp oil on head, put on disposable plastic cap. I massage all oils for a small amount of time, then run a nice hot bath with homemade bath salts I soak and steam (and relax the week away). After bath cools and I am out I sit in a robe and massage the crud out of skin, the hot bath opens the pores and yes you sweat. I find I really get a great cleaning above and beyond my every day OCM massage. It is my little at home spa treatment. After all is finished scalp massage included I jump in the shower and rinse all off with lukewarm water. Everything feels so clean, moisturizer and glowing. Just my little treat to me. I do use EO,s because some are good for the skin, and I am a fragrence freak LOL.

That sounds like a great plan. I think I'm gonna do it!

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
cmachera112571 wrote:
After reading through this thread last weekend, I decided to give the OCM a try. Previously, I was using Castor Oil but my face was not clearing. After reading the post, I realized that I was missing the carrier oil part of the cleanser.

I haven't had clear skin in years...and just when my skin would start to look like it was clearing...I would become plagued by more zits. I have been searching for something to help clear my face so, I decided to give it a try since my face couldn't really look any worse than it had (if this didn't work).

I am so happy to report that this has saved my face. I could not believe how well it purged the congestion from my pores with only one treatment. After 3 days...I started getting compliments from a few co-workers about how great my skin was looking. They wanted to know what I had done.

Today is my 7th day of treatment and still have a few breakouts...since my face is still purging the gunk out...but the texture of my skin looks amazing and my pores have never been clearer or smaller.

I am using 50% Castor oil + 50% olive oil.

Thank all you wonderful ladies for posting information and your results...good and not so good.

Congrats. Glad to know it worked for you!

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Inky,
I say go for it, after reading your signature I have to say....at least this won't kill the wallet Laughing While you soak push back cuticles, scrub feet, exfoliate body, what ever else you think of to feel fresh and PAMPERED! In between bath and shower is a great time to pluck eyebrows (any other unwanted facial hairs) the heat from the bath opens the follicles making this easier as well. It really beats the price of salon treatments. I can save and splurge on things I can't do myself or find easier to have done at a salon like a nice pedicure or major waxing on face, just love those post menopausal hairs combined with eyesight just not what it was LOL. It really hurts when you pluck and pinch that delicate skin, or realize when you look in a magnifying mirror you missed a wild eyebrow or chin hair run amok. I really do love this special treat to me whenever I can, nice to just hang at home and soak it all away and do something great for face, mind, and soul. As the saying goes WE ARE WORTH IT.... and when you are done if you feel like a lazy day shoot take a nap, curl up with your favorite author, make yourself a yummy snack and watch a good movie, whatever you just do not have the time for usually or just darn well would rather do than mundane chores. All the everyday junk will still be there TREAT YOU. Wow I did go on a tangent I just think we woman (sorry guys) do for everyone else and forget we need TLC too, so give it to yourself!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Face body mind and soul. Sorry can't seem to edit as far down as I need on this stupid phone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:08 am      Reply with quote
Did the OCM with avocado oil and castor oil. Did it for about 5 days massaging for at least 1/2 hr each time. Nothing happened first time. Think my skin is a tough one due to avoiding exfoliating for years! Next time I got the gritty black stuff. Nose area was bringing stuff up but still loads there. The pores still feel "raised" think because sebum is a bit out. I stopped because I was worried about all the manipulation of my skin. It's already getting saggy and doing this pulls it even more and you can't hold areas of it still with one hand as the oil makes it too slippery. I might do it once in a while but waiting to check out a pore cleanser with salicylic acid to unclog.

Glad I found out about this method!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
http://store.annabellina.com/massagemyth.html

here is a link for how to give yourself a firming facial massage very informative and has pics along with detailed instructions. Thought those who are using OCM and oil massage just might like to have a peek.

HTH

Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:30 am      Reply with quote
I've been using OCM for about a month and my face is breaking out, but I still believe this will work. I'm probably not doing something right:

1. I've heard that washcloths are not good for skin bc they contain bacteria from the previous wash. I'm using a microfiber cloth that I rinse with a little soap after the OCM.
What kind of cloth is best?
Should I be using a different cloth everyday?

2. I also heard that you shouldn't use OCM everyday and OCM is better for cleansing at night. What does everyone use to face wash with in the morning and on days when you don't use OCM?

I've been using proactiv when I don't use OCM, and I feel like my face is a battlefield. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
http://www.highonhealth.org/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-oil-cleansing-method/

Ingrid the above link gives a lot of good info on OCM and acne. One of my sons is on a medication that can cause acne as a side affect. I had him try it adding tea tree EO and others recommended for acne prone skin, with great results. Two things oil cleanses oil ( just need the correct mix of castor and other oil ) and tea tree is great for pimples!

The act of massaging is purging the skin and bringing out the bad stuff along with the oil breaking out more at first is normal.

HTH

Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am using paula's choice bha solution and sometimes using the dr. jart's all out blackhead,so far... they works well on my blackhead problem.

Also,clarisonic brush helps as well!But I always forget to use it. Crying or Very sad
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Guilty of the same with my I-skin it uses a dense sponge pad, and a cream with rounded micro beads I love the effect nice fresh glowing skin! I just don't seem to remember to use it often enough.
I use DIY oils for OCM cheaper and I can customize to my mood or skin needs.

Enjoy!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Can I use hemp seed oil with castor oil?

and does the hemp seed oil need to be refrigerated?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
A: 9. Natures Perfect Oil is naturally preserved with Vitamin E. The gelcaps are sealed and do not require refrigeration. The oil however must be refrigerated after opening, and used within 4 months. It is not recommended for frying or heating above 150ºC/300ºF, which can damage or destroy its delicate properties.

From a web site

http://www.naturesperfectoil.com/faqs.html

HTH

ETA
maybe add some pure vitamin E oil to preserve the oil.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Really? You're not supposed to do OCM twice a day? I've been doing it twice a day for about 5 days now and have seen great improvements in my skin. Why is it bad to do OCM morning and night?

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the website! It has alot of information about OCM, but I still wasn't sure what kind of cloth to get so I just got a bulk of the ones at the dollar store. I feel like it grabs hold of the oil better than the microfiber, but doesn't capture the steam as well.

I use OCM once a day every other day.
Then I use a honey-aspirin mask in between those days. And simply use raw honey every time I cleanse, including after I workout. So far so good. I put a dab of raw honey on my pimple overnight and it really helped!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
I think any CLEAN cloth that suits you is fine. I do it every day and a lot of times twice a day. It could be a question of skin type?? I have really normal skin always have so not much break outs even in teens.
The other thing I noticed is some overachievers just massaging for quite a long time having problems. I like to massage for a good while but some moderation is a good idea. Whenever you change your routine you can react at first, with OCM you will purge it just depends on the amount of congestion in the skin, sometimes quite surprising, makes some people give up before seeing the great results. I think you know your own skin best and can adjust accordingly.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
The other thing I noticed is some overachievers just massaging for quite a long time having problems. I like to massage for a good while but some moderation is a good idea.

Good point - I read somewhere that massaging the skin too much is not a good thing for people with active acne. Everything in moderation!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Keilu,
I found adding tee tree oil for two of my kids when they were teens really helped with acne the tee tree oil helps kill off the nasties that cause it. I also had them actually wash with an organic cleanser after followed by toner and oil free moisturizer. The big "danger" with OCM and acne is spreading bacteria to other parts of the skin. The combo listed above seemed to work beautifully for my kids. They did have the initial purge stage where things looked worse for a little while but once that passed their skin really cleared. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I also add Tea Tree Oil to my OCM mix so I'm right with you there. I also follow up with a toner made from 4 Aspirin dissolved in 100 ml water and 100 ml of Apple Cider Vinegar - you can add some Lemon Oil to take away the smell of the vinegar.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Does this thing work for wrinkles, fine lines and dark eyelids? I have castor oil and fish oil in my equipment currently.
Thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yor,
Yes I am 55 and I find it helps keep wrinkles at bay for me. I think massage and increased circulation is wonderful for the skin. You will be surprised at what comes out of your skin at first. Also it is much less drying than the majority of cleansers.
As to the fish oil I have never heard of anyone using it personally, most people do a blend of a good vegetable or nut oil, then again some use Emu oil and that is from a bird. Jojoba is another choice even your regular liquid cooking oil if you have some. But if you can deal with the fishy smell try it.
Very Happy
HTH

ETA not sure it will do much for dark eyelids? You never know!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Okay, let's forget the fish oil Very Happy. What do you think I should add to castor oil, if I'm fighting against wrinkles?
And is castor oil good at the first place? I was told in my thread that it causes dry skin. And dryness = wrinkles.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:01 am      Reply with quote
You can adjust the amount of Castor oil some go 50/50 with any good oil I like EEOO Grapeseed Avacado I also posted a replenishing oil with EO's in the DIY thread and many other members have good oil suggestions as well, the one I posted I use as day and night moisturizer after cleansing. You can start with much less Castor oil say 15 or 20% to get much less drying effect. The Castor oil is what gets deep in to clean congestion but I and others find Jojoba alone does a great job.

HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
For those using avocado oil, do you use the refined version or the unrefined version?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I buy the cold pressed unrefined, the heating process destroys much of what is so good in the oil. So cold pressed definitely, and as little refining as possible.

IMHO
HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I buy the cold pressed unrefined, the heating process destroys much of what is so good in the oil. So cold pressed definitely, and as little refining as possible.

IMHO
HTH

Do you refrigerate the castor or avocado oil?

Sorry, I'm quite new to this. I just did it with 30/70 castor and EVOO. I'm thinking of trying it with avocado oil next.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |