Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Oil Cleansing Method
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aenasmith

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Nice sharing information you have given. Actually the skin care is so important for looking healthy. Your suggestions will be beneficial for everyone. Make use of some oil as skin cleanser. They will provide the moistures to the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
summer2004 wrote:
I am gonna to make a mix and wonder if any OCM DIYers here has added any emulsifiers into you recipe so as to make the oil to be easily rinsed off.

I wouldn't. The whole point of OCM is that it's so pure and simple - oil cleanses oil. Plus, I never have a problem rinsing it off - I do so in the shower so there's a continual supply of water. However, if you are worried about any oily residue, just use a vinegar and water toner afterwards.

Hi Keliu,

The reason I wanna make one with emulsifier is because I have purchased one bottle of cleansing oil that contains an emulsifier & I rinse it off easily.

If I find my DIY oil hard to be rinsed off, I 'll take your advice of using a toner then.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
If I find my DIY oil hard to be rinsed off, I 'll take your advice of using a toner then.

It shouldn't be hard to wash off if you use lots of hotish running water and a wash cloth. I know that most of the commercial oil cleansers contain an emulsifier - if you feel that you want to try one, maybe you could try using Lecithin. If you do - let me know how it goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

Sure, will keep you posted then once I make my first batch of oil.

FYI, I felt OCM was great & never found my skin was so clear.

Though I used almost 20 mins to cleanse my face when I used OCM the first time in my life 2 days ago, I managed to get rid of 99% of hardened sebum out of my upper cheeks. I had tried a lot of methods like jojoba bead exfoliator, microfiber cloth, AHA & BHA peel but all failed!
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:55 am      Reply with quote
dancar3 wrote:
Ok, I would love to give this a try too. I had an olive oil cleanser from GOW but stopped. I have some crow's feet, noticeable pores and oily sensitive skin. Is there a mixture that might be beneficial for skin like mine? I would love to make it out to the car from the house in the mornings and not look like an oil slick already. I'm hoping whatever I use can diminish this, thanks for any help!

My skin sounds similar to yours (I'm more combo than completely oily though) and I either use a 50/50 castor oil/jojoba, hemp or cherry kernel oil mix or

DarkMoon's oil blend for oily skin:

1 oz. Jojoba (or your favorite carrier oil
mix)
3 drops ylang ylang oil
2 drops lemon oil
2 drops rosewood oil
1 drop clary sage oil
1 drop geranium oil

I have also used the above as a moisturizer/leave on and it works great - even in the summer humidity.

I only started using the OCM a few months ago and find that it works best for me when I alternate it with my regular cleanser. Maybe it's something that my skin needs to work up to for daily use... I'm hoping that I will eventually be able to use OCM as my only cleansing method because I do notice a difference in my skin and I love the process.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've just started using OCM three days ago, and I was wondering if the purging process I'm going through is normal..
Starting to get one or two cystic pimples on my cheekbones, where I usually almost never get them.

Is this normal?

Tons of blackheads are coming out each time I use this method, but every morning when I wake up, things on my nose don't look dramatically different.

I'm currently using 50/50 castor and jojoba.

Anyone have any advice? Should I give it more time? Or is OCM just not for me Sad
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
My skin purged for about 3 weeks...and now...is really super lovely and nice. Got pimples in places I had never had one before....Yuck,...but now all is clearin, my skin looks and feels great.

I used 50/50 castor EVOO....and have lowered the castor oil to 30/70 and it is not so drying.

The first week was pretty horrific....but I am glad I stuck it out...worth it to me now.
laellis
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:22 am      Reply with quote
My skin purged when I first started OCM too. After a week or so I switched to every second or third day I'm not getting the breakouts that I was when I first started. I want (am hoping) to be able to work my way up to using the OCM only, but am a bit afraid of breaking out again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:57 am      Reply with quote
The breakouts can be very normal and seems to be one of the things that causes people to give up! Smile I found spot treating or adding Tea Tree Oil to your mix (10 drops per oz.) really helped for my son when he had a really bad bout with acne caused by both normal hormones and a med he has to take for a chronic condition. Also really make sure all the oil is removed after you finish! Smile

HTH

Admantina wrote:
I've just started using OCM three days ago, and I was wondering if the purging process I'm going through is normal..
Starting to get one or two cystic pimples on my cheekbones, where I usually almost never get them.

Is this normal?

Tons of blackheads are coming out each time I use this method, but every morning when I wake up, things on my nose don't look dramatically different.

I'm currently using 50/50 castor and jojoba.

Anyone have any advice? Should I give it more time? Or is OCM just not for me Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
how long do the initial breakouts last? I AM intrigued, but so scared.
How long have you guys been using OCM?
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to this forum but I've read this entire thread. I have a question that I didn't see addressed here.
I started the OCM about 4 weeks ago, and from the first time, it was so productive that I had to force myself to stop massaging. I had small grit, hard sharp pieces, ugly black cylinders and worse. It seems that the more times I do the OCM, the nastier and older (bigger) the gunk is. Since I had perfectly clear skin (I'm in my fifties) before and just had large pores, which I now realize were very, very congested, my question is: how did my skin get so congested? I LOVE skincare and doing masks, scrubs, peels, etc. I've used a Clarisonic since they came out, etc. In other words, I'm no slacker when it comes to my skin - what gives? I am mortified by what's come out - and now that I'm on the downside of the purge, I've got a patch around and under my chin of more hard cylinders that are sorta starting to come out - yechhh! What should I do about that, but most of all, how did I get this awful congestion? Thanks so much for your reply.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
My opinion for what it's worth on the congestion is as follows.

1 All the other things are great at exfoliating surface cells, OCM really DEEP cleans the pores and gunk (very scientific) that is deep down in the skin.

2 Sometimes all the cleansing is stripping of our natural oils, which signals more sebum production, vicious cycle.

3 Massage stimulating circulation really helps get that gunk out.

I have used this method for years and love, love, love what it does for my skin!

JMHO Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:58 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

1 All the other things are great at exfoliating surface cells, OCM really DEEP cleans the pores and gunk (very scientific) that is deep down in the skin.

2 Sometimes all the cleansing is stripping of our natural oils, which signals more sebum production, vicious cycle.

I have used this method for years and love, love, love what it does for my skin!

JMHO Very Happy

Thanks DM. This is great information to have. I am using the Androcco cleansing oil, but I don't get any gunk coming out. I have used it nightly for about 1 week now and have only done a 5 minute massage twice. What I do have is a pimple directly under 1 eye. So, why am I not getting the gunk coming out, and could the pimple be caused by the cleansing oil?
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl,

I've been using Androcco cleansing oil for 1 month, but not everyday; I think I have used it for 10 times only.

For the first 5-6 times, I spent over 20 mins to cleanse my face, why so long? It is because the more I massaged my face, the more sand like sebum came off.

Right now, it only takes me 5-8 mins to finish the cleansing and skin tone of my upper check is more even than before.

I have HUGE pores on my upper cheeks and NL fold.

Before using the cleansing oil, I found that the skin tone of upper cheeks was much darker than other parts of my face. I thought it was due to sun damage.

Not until using the cleansing oil did I realize that the hardened sebum plugs clogged the pores and made the upper cheeks darker.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, summer2004. So, I guess I need to massage a lot longer then!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:46 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks, summer2004. So, I guess I need to massage a lot longer then!

Riley do you even have clogged pores? Just wondering after using Retin A and peels?

I have never had congested skin but did get some gunk coming out at first but now nothing comes out it just keeps my skin clean, balanced and glowing! Smile

A pimple here and there is quite normal when you start, just bringing up that "gunk" LOL Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:11 am      Reply with quote
So what happens do those open, clean pores after the gunk comes out? Do they close again and how long does it take?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:55 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Riley do you even have clogged pores? Just wondering after using Retin A and peels?

I have never had congested skin but did get some gunk coming out at first but now nothing comes out it just keeps my skin clean, balanced and glowing! Smile

A pimple here and there is quite normal when you start, just bringing up that "gunk" LOL Smile

Thanks, DM. I don't think I have clogged pores, but it sounded like everyone had gunk come out when starting OCM, so I thought I would check!
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

JMHO Very Happy

Thanks, DM. I must agree with you that I was never getting down to the 'deep stuff. It's obvious that this stuff has been hanging out for a while.
I also use the Androcco cleansing oil and I massage for a really long time - usually for an hour or close to. I get so much stuff out that it's hard to stop. Also, I didn't realie that you could do this every day. I've being doing it every 4th day or so. I've had a pretty good (or bad) purge too. I haven't broken outlike this in 30 yrs! Although I didn't like it, I COULDN'T stop as I knew that the 'hidden' gunk coming out was the root cause. Now, my nose is clear of black(grey)heads, and the pores are smal which I never thought would happen, and my skin is starting to get that amazing softness that everyone raves about. I cleared out most of the stuff around my chin last night, and at about the 45min mark, all of a sudden I felt MORE stuff coming up from the same spot, like it was even deeper. The significant part is that it was all white, not black, so never oxidized. I know that eventually it will all be gone and then I will just have to do maintenance on my newly gorgeous skin. It's funny too because over the last few years I could see my pores getting larger - my face looked like the surface of the moon, which was obviously the congestion. I feel ashamed like I neglected to do anything, but traditionnal skincare doesn't have the answer for this -- only the OCM and I am so grateful to have found it. I hope other people see my story and don't give up due to the purge. It's a necessary evil if you're congested. Thanks, again.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
SoCalGal, how long did your purge last?
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
SoCalGal wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

JMHO Very Happy

Thanks, DM. I must agree with you that I was never getting down to the 'deep stuff. It's obvious that this stuff has been hanging out for a while.
I also use the Androcco cleansing oil and I massage for a really long time - usually for an hour or close to. I get so much stuff out that it's hard to stop. Also, I didn't realie that you could do this every day. I've being doing it every 4th day or so. I've had a pretty good (or bad) purge too. I haven't broken outlike this in 30 yrs! Although I didn't like it, I COULDN'T stop as I knew that the 'hidden' gunk coming out was the root cause. Now, my nose is clear of black(grey)heads, and the pores are smal which I never thought would happen, and my skin is starting to get that amazing softness that everyone raves about. I cleared out most of the stuff around my chin last night, and at about the 45min mark, all of a sudden I felt MORE stuff coming up from the same spot, like it was even deeper. The significant part is that it was all white, not black, so never oxidized. I know that eventually it will all be gone and then I will just have to do maintenance on my newly gorgeous skin. It's funny too because over the last few years I could see my pores getting larger - my face looked like the surface of the moon, which was obviously the congestion. I feel ashamed like I neglected to do anything, but traditionnal skincare doesn't have the answer for this -- only the OCM and I am so grateful to have found it. I hope other people see my story and don't give up due to the purge. It's a necessary evil if you're congested. Thanks, again.

Just another thought: I wonder if my 'traditional' skincare caused the hardened sebum because I use salicylic acid pads almost every day to keep my pores clean - what a joke.
Now I'm using the Deceor Ylang Ylang oil with the night balm over it and it either heals the zit (ovenight, thank you!) or brings it to a head and the clarisonic wipes it off. I love oils!!!! Today I mixed the YY with Tamanu oil as I just read something about its amazing healing properties. I think using oils on the skin keeps the natural sebum melted and flowing - which is what I need!!!
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
SoCalGal, how long did your purge last?

Hi Penta, this is week 3 - not a short time, but it is definitely on the downhill slide now. I really had terribly congested skin (I don't know why - I'm kinda embarassed about it) so I really envy you ladies that just get a few plugs and you're done.
At first when I broke out, I tried the traditional 'blast it' method for acne, but since I've been reading up on oils and natural skincare, the gentleness has calmed and is healing my skin. And again, using oil and the Decleor night balm has helped to soften the plugs so they come out easier. When they got 'stuck' is when I got gruesome zits. I've also started doing the hot cloth thing before and after the OCM, and stuff just flies out now. I think that in a couple of weeks, I'll be a happy face again. Laughing
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
So what happens do those open, clean pores after the gunk comes out? Do they close again and how long does it take?

Oh, not to worry, they close up that night. I do the OCM at night when I have time (sigh).
I didn't do a salicylic toner last night, just the YY oil and night balm, and this morning a big plug fell out of the front of my nose, but by the time I was done with my clarisonic, it was closed up.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, wow, that's lucky! My ones take a few days to close Sad But I don't use OCM, so maybe it's more "violent" when it happens to me, if that makes sense?
Ugh, it is SOOO scary when that happens!
SoCalGal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Oh, wow, that's lucky! My ones take a few days to close Sad But I don't use OCM, so maybe it's more "violent" when it happens to me, if that makes sense?
Ugh, it is SOOO scary when that happens!

Yeah, I see what you're saying. It's a weird look too. Luckily I don't think anybody looks that closely at our pores - but us!!!
I am SO bummed!!! I did the OCM again last night (v. productive so I was patient and went with it until less stuff was coming out), now today, I have a zillion inflamed zits - and the worst spot (with the most 'stuff' coming out) is along my jawline right under and on my chin. So I look like I have a beard of zits!!! There isn't enough concealer in the world to fix this.
IS IT POSSIBLE I'M DOING THIS WRONG???!!!!!! I'm sorry to 'shout', but I'm getting worried. There doesn't seem to be an end in sight, and now I've noticed that my nose, which had been beautifully clear, is a little congested again (not as bad as originally though)).
Perhaps I need to do the OCM every day??? Like four times as often, but one fourth the duration?
Does anyone think that will 'clean me out'???? This is going to be the never-ending purge otherwise. I ws just about all cleared up when I did the OCM again. TIA!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |