Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Yonka Juvenil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I agree with masaholly- this product didn't work for me either.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
hi canadian girl, have you try any product that's really work?
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
finally, i hv consulted my dermat doctor for my breakouts~ though i dont like the topical medication that make redness and peel off over my face, no pimple anymore~
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Juvenil in the AM and Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion in the PM. It wasn't until I had to reorder the Juvenil that I realized I was getting way better results with the Bioclear Lotion alone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
it sounds quite good for using this lotion instead of using the topical medication as i really hate redness and peeling off that the medication caused. maybe i will ask for a sample from my next EDS order~ thx for your information, YEN
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
i've been using the jan marini bioclear cream, and acne gel and they work great. I've also been using a dermawand and zeno when I get a big break out and they help alot as well.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:42 am      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:
it sounds quite good for using this lotion instead of using the topical medication as i really hate redness and peeling off that the medication caused. maybe i will ask for a sample from my next EDS order~ thx for your information, YEN

If you use the bioclear lotion, you may want to start off slowly. I had some peeling in the beginning. The lotion is amazing. My skin texture is so much smoother now and the acne heals faster. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your sharing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
does any has try the CESTA serum together with this cream?
pink_planet
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:01 am      Reply with quote
I use Juvenil for acne below skin surface and PSF something..mud clay for the ones on top. Juvenil just magically minimizes pimples I think by killing the bacterias and PSF drys it out faster so it'll be dried and gone really fast.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for sharing~
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I soooo have to get some Juvenil after all the fantastic reviews and now thanks to Pink-Planet I am going to add PSF's acne mud to the cart as well! Can't wait to try them out!! Very Happy
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
i have the problem of getting acne like something that it is just swelling and redness but never break out, how come and get rid of it???do anyone hv experience it?
thx~
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been through a couple of bottles of the Juvenil, the way I liked to apply it was to mix it with my moisturiser. It's not a 'miracle' solution, and I don't think it's worth getting for anyone who has acne or anything more than the occasional spot.
I loved the smell of it though, but I too have since moved onto the JM Bioclear and found that a little more effective.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:47 am      Reply with quote
same here~ and i've just found that exfoliate my skin daily using the dermalogica microfoliant really do more help
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:48 am      Reply with quote
dud product for me, I didn't have severe acne, just constant congestion and occasional non-white head type spots.

the "tar" ingredient is obnixious, needs to be shaken up every time otherwise you end up with excessive amounts in your hand and it leaves an unbearable greasy seal over the skin.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I have been using juvenil for the past few weeks and have determined that it works (for me anyway) differently on different types of spots. I have been breaking out a bit lately and this is what I have found:
-on black and white heads it really does not do anything
-on small spots that are already the surface - again not much
-BUT on 'underground' spots/ cystic acne/ hormonal bumps it is very effective!
I used it recently on a couple of bumps that if they had run the usual course would have gotten bigger, painful and probably lasted a full week - but with the juvenil (applied morning and night mixed with a little moisturiser) they were a little smaller the next day and gone the day after. For me this is remarkable!
I have had some other smaller ones where if it does not go completely or shrink - it brings it to the surface and the disappears a day or so later (as I think the initial reviewer said).
Oh and as other posts have mentioned - do not use it anywhere else on your face - only where you have a bump because it DOES bring up spots where before there was nothing. I had some left on my hand last night and dabbed it over my forehead and today I have 3 small bumps!!! Part of me would love to rub it all over my face and do the whole purge but as I plan on leaving the house everyday for the next month there is NO way! Laughing

All in all I am liking this product and already feel it is an essential tool...
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:47 am      Reply with quote
so great that's really work on you~
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
sal-star wrote:
I have been using juvenil for the past few weeks and have determined that it works (for me anyway) differently on different types of spots. I have been breaking out a bit lately and this is what I have found:
-on black and white heads it really does not do anything
-on small spots that are already the surface - again not much
-BUT on 'underground' spots/ cystic acne/ hormonal bumps it is very effective!
I used it recently on a couple of bumps that if they had run the usual course would have gotten bigger, painful and probably lasted a full week - but with the juvenil (applied morning and night mixed with a little moisturiser) they were a little smaller the next day and gone the day after. For me this is remarkable!
I have had some other smaller ones where if it does not go completely or shrink - it brings it to the surface and the disappears a day or so later (as I think the initial reviewer said).
Oh and as other posts have mentioned - do not use it anywhere else on your face - only where you have a bump because it DOES bring up spots where before there was nothing. I had some left on my hand last night and dabbed it over my forehead and today I have 3 small bumps!!! Part of me would love to rub it all over my face and do the whole purge but as I plan on leaving the house everyday for the next month there is NO way! Laughing

All in all I am liking this product and already feel it is an essential tool...

I have to quote myself here as I feel I needed to go back to this to revise my review. While the Juvenil appeared to work initially, ever since then it has either done nothing at all or caused further breakouts.

My most recent example (of many) I had a cystic bump which I put it on and it caused 4 more to pop up around that same spot causing one giant bump - trust me it was not pretty and this was the final straw - juvenil is now in the bin!
I felt it important to revise my initial review as I know many, like myself, buy items based on these reviews/ feedback.

Personally I have had better success with Manuka Honey, I put it on as a mask twice a week and try and leave it on for a hour or more (it is sticky!) and this kills bacteria. If my skin is particularly bad I do it every night for an hour, or spot treat and leave it on for as long as I can. Other honey apprently works also, but manuka is the best.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:18 am      Reply with quote
Like a wrote on another thread, Juvenil was one AWFUL nightmare for me. I got it to treat a couple minor pimples, and true enough at first they subsided pretty much overnight so I thought it was really working! But they came back in the same spot with "friends" and kept multiplying! In the beginning I didn't realize the Juvenil was the problem so I kept applying it on the pimple areas and those areas kept going away for 2-3 days and then returning, getting bigger and bigger!!!!! Took me about half a year to realize Juvenil was the source of the nasty never ending cycle.
I don't think it was just bringing up the dirty stuff deep down in the skin, becuase this cycle lasted approximately 5 months and once I quit using Juvenil, my normal blemish-free skin came back in about a month (but HORRIBLY marred with PIH marks Crying or Very sad )
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |