Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Rave for drugstore eyelash growth serum!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Ok I've been using just the ardell's for a few weeks Brick wall dont have the lucia's yet. And I must say something is def happening, has anyone noticed their lashes getting darker. I have brownish lashes and the dreaded lighter tips, and I can seriously see their getting darker. Also just healthier and better. I am looking so forward to adding the lucias.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:37 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
And I must say something is def happening, has anyone noticed their lashes getting darker. I have brownish lashes and the dreaded lighter tips, and I can seriously see their getting darker. Also just healthier and better.
I noticed that too, but I simply attributed it to the DIY lash tinting kit that I regularly use. Since you're seeing it too, I wonder if it's simply a result of the Ardell helping to condition our lashes and just generally make them healthy...? Maybe the reason our lashes haven't looked that way in the past is because they are so damaged as a result of using all those traditional mascaras over the years....

Just thinking out loud!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:26 am      Reply with quote
yeah,as i was a child i had long,thick, black lashes...Now they are quite light and thin Rolling Eyes deffinatly a resuld of all these 1$ mascaras...
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I've never used mascara on my eyelashes (well, maybe twice while testing for the Beauty Bible). I have naturally very dark brown/black eyelashes and so didn't need to add any colour. I'm not a big fan of the spidery, eyelash look either so decided mascara wasn't for me. So, despite them being short and stubby ( Sad ) they are in pretty good condition. Since using the Ardell stuff they are a bit longer Smile . Haven't noticed the tips getting any darker though. The only problem I seem to get with this product is that after putting it on at night I sometimes get the feeling that there is something in my eye. At first I thought it was an eyelash but after spending 20 minutes pulling my eyelid about and not finding a rogue eyelash I was wondering if it could be something else to do with the product. I thought perhaps when the product dries on your eyelashes, some small particles could drop off into your eye. Confused
It's happened about 5 or 6 times since I've been using the Ardell. Each time I've searched for a stray eyelash and each time I've failed to find one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
The only problem I seem to get with this product is that after putting it on at night I sometimes get the feeling that there is something in my eye. At first I thought it was an eyelash but after spending 20 minutes pulling my eyelid about and not finding a rogue eyelash I was wondering if it could be something else to do with the product. I thought perhaps when the product dries on your eyelashes, some small particles could drop off into your eye. Confused
I’ve had that happen, but in my case it wasn’t a rogue eyelash or Ardell particles, but rather a rogue cat hair! I got a new kitten a couple weeks ago and she’s got long fur and loves to sleep on the pillow next to my head so I know that little strands of her hair are getting up and marching the short distance to my eyes so they can deposit themselves on my eyeball as soon as I awaken and open my eyes!!

Now in regards to your “short, stubby” lashes: have you read my product review of the DIY lash tinting kit (click here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7546&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=) where I explain that everyone has blond-tipped eyelashes that make them appear much shorter than they actually are? I bet if you tried the lash tint yourself, you’d find that your lashes aren’t really as short and stubby as you think!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Lucky girl...It ws a good decision to not use mascara,Toe Very Happy now,i dont like mascara too,it looks a little weird on me Rolling Eyes
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:52 am      Reply with quote
hey Carrie ( sorry not sure how to add ur comment to my reply). Just so you know I have not ordered the lash tint kit yet, so the darkening has to be contributed to the ardells, since it is the only thing I've been using. I am trying to be very patient while Faith's on vacation, I can't wait to add the lucia's.
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
I’ve had that happen, but in my case it wasn’t a rogue eyelash or Ardell particles, but rather a rogue cat hair! I got a new kitten a couple weeks ago and she’s got long fur and loves to sleep on the pillow next to my head so I know that little strands of her hair are getting up and marching the short distance to my eyes so they can deposit themselves on my eyeball as soon as I awaken and open my eyes!!

Now in regards to your “short, stubby” lashes: have you read my product review of the DIY lash tinting kit (click here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7546&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=) where I explain that everyone has blond-tipped eyelashes that make them appear much shorter than they actually are? I bet if you tried the lash tint yourself, you’d find that your lashes aren’t really as short and stubby as you think!

I know what you mean about the cat fur. I'm allergic to cat dander and if any of it gets into my eyes then I'm in real trouble. Smile
Well, I know for sure now that it is the Ardell that is irritating my eyes. I accidentally got a small, blob of it in my eye last night and OUCH!!! It seemed to crystallise into tiny particles after a few seconds and then it really stung. It felt like I had tiny bits of grit in my eye. After rinsing with lots of water I seemed to get rid of most of it but I won't be making that mistake again. I blame my lack of experience with mascara wands. I'm terrible at applying anything to my lashes. Embarassed
I'll just have to be more careful in future.
As for the lash tint, it is definitely something I want to do but I think I will get it done at a salon to start off with. I'd make too much of a mess of it if I tried it myself. I'd end up with more dye in my eyes than on my lashes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
As for the lash tint, it is definitely something I want to do but I think I will get it done at a salon to start off with. I'd make too much of a mess of it if I tried it myself. I'd end up with more dye in my eyes than on my lashes.
Hey, maybe you could get loopylori to tint your lashes! You know she’s taking a professional course on lash and brow tinting and perming.... Seriously, I wonder how far apart that you guys actually live? I think she told me that she lives in Poole, Dorset....

If you do go to a salon to get your lashes tinted, make sure that the person is experienced and knows what the heck s/he’s doing because I know that there are some people at salons who claim they’re qualified to tint/perm your lashes when – in fact – they’ve simply read about the procedure on the internet and have never had any actual hands-on training! In those cases, you’d be better off doing it yourself because they don’t have any more experience than you do!

Hey, is there anyone in the UK who can recommend a good place for Toe to get her lashes tint?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:43 am      Reply with quote
A local salon does it for about £6 which is less than I would pay in fuel to get down to Poole to see Loopylori. Smile
I'm about 178 miles from Poole and that would take nearly 4 hours each way. The route would involve going on the M25 which is always a big mistake. Notorious for traffic jams.
Scary to think that some of these so-called professionals in salons don't really know what they are doing. Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Yes, CareKate, you picked a winner. I purchased this about a week ago and have used it daily. Very nice. No, my lashes haven't had any tremendous growth spurts but they sure look nice. And it's cheap Wink My kind of product!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:24 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Ardell for a month now. Both my lashes and brows are treated morning and night. IT WORKS!!!

Just before I read Carrie's review I was going to post on thinning brows. After reading about the Ardell I thought I would give it a try. My brows certainly look like they are filling in. Somehow they look darker to me. hmm I had been using Lamas Lash Masque for a year. Although I liked the Lamas (nothing to compare it to) Ardell has it all over Lamas as far as my lashes looking longer and thicker.

As soon as I read Carrie's review I headed for CVS. I purchased the last two on the shelf. Glad I got two as CVS a month later still has not restocked the product.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Somehow they look darker to me. hmm
It's not your imagination, because MelissaMarie and I noticed the same thing, although I had attributed it to the DIY lash tinting kit I'd been using, but since MM hadn't tinted her lashes, it must've been the Ardell alone!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
In response to an earlier reply...I did see Mavala in a Canadian drugstore. I live in Toronto and I saw the Mavala double lash at a PharmaPlus downtown.

I also saw a brand called Erinol (or something like that) that has horse mane something or other in it.

I have not been able to find Ardell or Dream Lash.

Can someone please tell me who makes Dream Lash?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
First must thank Carekate for sending me the Ardell!

I have been using day and night for about two weeks now. I have been using on my sparse overplucked brows, and my upper and nonexistent lower lashes.

First week I did not notice anything, and did get some minor pimples wit the way they crease and fold over so close to the lash roots(my eye lids are veryyyyyy sensitive). And I also had a slight stinging sensation in the corner of my eyes the first time, because I had applied too much and it probably ran into my eyes during the night.

Second week: My bottom lashes have DOUBLED in length. Now don't go WOW, because they were VERY short in the beginning, only about 2mm long, now they are like 3.5 nearly 4mm long. They are still very sparse, so no NEW lashes yet, but just longer existing ones. But hopefully in a few weeks, when the hair cycle is starting again, I will notice much darker lashes.

My top lashes have not increased as much noticeably, because it is probably harder for the serum to reach the roots of my top lashes.

My eye brows are filling in very nicely, I now have even looking eye brows that compliment my face Wink

More updates when I finish half the tube!
EJB
5% products discount

Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Cautious Newbie:

I think "Salon Shoppe" makes Dreamlash.

I also did a yahoo! search for it. Both are about $15 plus shipping. I HOPE it's less somwhere else, but you can also find it SOMETIMES on ebay. I know if you look up item # 5611413888 - that is going on now, and ends in about 3 days. That seller also may have more in stock, because he relisted this immediately after I bought one last week. Anyways, here's the links I found to buy online:

http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/amerimark/cat_item.html?prod=25553&media=G01111&days=XVQ&OVRAW=dream%20lash&OVKEY=dream%20lash&OVMTC=standard

https://secure.sanopi.net/asotvb/order.asp?id=3347&did=171

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Ok I am about half way thru a tube maybe a wee bit more, and I can say my lashes look great!!! And since all I am using is the Ardells at the moment, I can say with certainty this stuff WORKS..... As for length, my lashes are pretty long to begin with so hard for me to tell, but the bottom lashes are def longer. They are just better, fuller, more defined, darker, JUST BETTER looking. so way to go Carrie....
Melissa
soccermominsd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:52 am      Reply with quote
I am BRAND-SPANKIN' new to this forum and have been reading for the past 2 hours almost.
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to go out and purchase the Ardell and Dreamlash products. I am naturally blonde (getting darker though as I get older) and my lashes have always been light. They are also probably damaged from all the dying I've done for so long and curl..what is that? They stick straight out if I don't use a lash curler and I look like I have no lashes.

I've been dying them forever with the Roux stuff. And as carekate mentioned...it only lasts two weeks and sometimes less when I go swimming. I didn't think there was anything else out there to dye them with. I'm leaving on VACATION in a couple of days-but when I get back you can bet I'll be order the 1000 hour lash color kits.

THANK YOU moderators for this EXCELLENT and informative forum. I hope I can contribute.

I'll definately let you know what the outcome of the Ardell and Dreamlash product search is.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:15 am      Reply with quote
biiig welcome Wink

Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:44 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
thatgirl wrote:
I noticed in a lot of the topics, such as this one, people talk about people sending them items. Are they samples of different items? How do you get added onto this list? Where do can you get the DreamLash?

First of all, DreamLash is available at Walmart stores in the U.S. for less than $10USD per tube, but I don’t know if Walmarts in Canada have it. Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator is available at Ulta stores and CVS Pharmacies. I know that Ulta has a website (www.ulta.com), but I’m not certain if they sell Ardell online and/or if they ship internationally.

In regards to “people talking about people sending them stuff,” I believe this is a reference to me. I have volunteered to be a “personal shopper” to several EDS members living overseas. Whenever I make a product recommendation that isn’t readily available outside the U.S. and it triggers a lemming moment for my fellow EDS members, I offer to go out and purchase that item and ship it to him/her and s/he reimburses me via PayPal.

Dear Carekate
I was wondering whether you could send an Ardell product to uk
I've been reding your posts and I'm obviously dreaming about longer lashes now... Smile
I do have a Paypal account, just let me know if it is possible
many thanks
mirella

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:05 am      Reply with quote
mirela wrote:
carekate wrote:
thatgirl wrote:
I noticed in a lot of the topics, such as this one, people talk about people sending them items. Are they samples of different items? How do you get added onto this list? Where do can you get the DreamLash?

First of all, DreamLash is available at Walmart stores in the U.S. for less than $10USD per tube, but I don’t know if Walmarts in Canada have it. Ardell Lash Growth Accelerator is available at Ulta stores and CVS Pharmacies. I know that Ulta has a website (www.ulta.com), but I’m not certain if they sell Ardell online and/or if they ship internationally.

In regards to “people talking about people sending them stuff,” I believe this is a reference to me. I have volunteered to be a “personal shopper” to several EDS members living overseas. Whenever I make a product recommendation that isn’t readily available outside the U.S. and it triggers a lemming moment for my fellow EDS members, I offer to go out and purchase that item and ship it to him/her and s/he reimburses me via PayPal.

Dear Carekate
I was wondering whether you could send an Ardell product to uk
I've been reding your posts and I'm obviously dreaming about longer lashes now... Smile
I do have a Paypal account, just let me know if it is possible
many thanks
mirella

You’ll need to send me a private message (click on the little “PM” button in the lower-left hand corner of this post) and tell me your full name, mailing address and PayPal account name, then I’ll get it out to you as soon as I can.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Which do you think is helping the most: Ardell or DreamLash?
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 15, 2005 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Very close to being done with a full tube of Ardells..and all I can say is woohooooo...does the little happy eyelash dance. My eyelashes sad to report havent grown an inch but they have gotten a bit longer, but definately lusher and thicker and just just just just NICER. They are definately darker all the time, not just when I apply the product (in case anyone missed it mine are normally a dull brownish color). Since I am not using a cocktail just the ardells, I can give an update on ardells alone. I think I might pass out after I get to add the lucias Very Happy
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Glittergal,

Actually Ardells Lash Accellerator is available in Canada ... at least it's available in my area ... which means that it's available just about everywhere else. [I live in a rural area ... just south of Brantford, Ontario ... where things are generally NOT available! LOL]

At any rate ... when I was in Simcoe, [a small town south of where I live] wandering around the Roulston's Discount Drug Store [a local small chain] and there it was!

Now ... it wasn't in a section all it's own ... but on an "end aisle" display. The company also has a "brow shaper" wax.

I was surprised to find it actually ... given that most things aren't available to the Canadian market ... but I was able to purchase it ... and it wasn't particularly expensive either! About $7 I think.

At any rate ... I know that I've seen this product elsewhere ... I'd try at Walmart ... or Shoppers.

Just thought I'd correct this.

Mary
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 16, 2005 5:38 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
...The company also has a "brow shaper" wax.
Actually, I think it's a brow shaper GEL (i.e.: clear mascara for taming brows), because I saw it on the shelf the other day and was nearly tricked into buying it because the packaging is similar to the Lash Accelerator!

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |