Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:43 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
thanks for sharing, CyndiK! think i might buy myself a mug Very Happy

la vie en rose.....I'm still laughing at your comment!!!! Laughing thanks!

wow CyndiK!!! Great job with the lash tint. Did you apply anything to your lashes prior to tinting them???
CyndiK.
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Doh! I JUST got the "might by myself a mug" comment! Delayed reaction: " Idea, oohhhh...Laughing "

Thanks~ I couldn't believe how easy it was to dye them...I took my time though...no pokes and no stinging.

Pretreatment; Yes...
Quote:
I used the pre-treatment suggested by Carekate....using what I had I mixed 1/2 teaspoon of jojoba and a couple of drops of grapeseed and applied w/ a clean mascara wand before I began mixing the dye. Probably began dyeing about 5 minutes after applying the pre-treatment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
This is a really long thread. Do you ladies mind telling me the best place to get this that is the fastest? Thanks.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
Can someone please pm me with the new zealand pharmacy that accepts Paypal? I found a million new zealand pharmacies selling this stuff but I can't find the one that uses Paypal. I finally got the original website to load to order this stuff and when I tried faxing in my order, a lady answered my fax. I don't know what's going on...
The NZ pharmacy I order from doesn't accept PayPal anymore (since the New Year) so I've been ordering/paying with my Visa card....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 01, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks carekate! I went ahead yesterday and ordered from the nz website that I found that had it, even though they didn't accept paypal. However, I got a strange email from the 1000 Hour lash company. I had tried ordering from them and then I was unable to fax them my form (someone answered... twice). So I emailed them and by the time they got back to me I had already ordered from the other company. Then the lady from 1000 lash asked me where I ordered it from as they are the ONLY company that sells 1000 hour lash. Very strange. I found quite a few websites selling that stuff... I'm curious what she has to say when she gets back to me.Eh? Ordering this stuff has been very difficult for me!

wenrwdy@aol.com-
The original company selling this stuff appears to bewww.1000hour.com.au. However if you go to page 2 of this thread and have a look about half way down the page at happyhippie's post, you can find where (and how) much most of us bought this stuff!
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 08, 2006 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yay!!! I am so excited! I got mine today! It came sooo fast (only 6 business days all the way from across the world!). I wasn't expecting it this fast, I'm going to try it out tomorrow... I've been fantasizing about mascara free perfect eyelashs the past week (I even had a dream that it came in the mail). Geez.. I am too obsessed with cosmetics.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
I read this entire thread, followed all the tips, and I feel like you've got to be a super hero to apply this stuff to yourself. It was a disaster. First I couldn't control the amount of drops that came out of the little bottle so I don't even know if I got the formula right. Then I tried the stick that came with it, a toothpick, and a clean mascara wand and I kept poking myself in the eye. I have blue streaks down my face as I did not apply vaseline to my entire face before I started. I had to wash it off twice before letting it sit on for even five minutes before it killed. I think washing it off the first two times caused vaseline to coat my eyelashs because it didn't work that great. Maybe because I wasn't capable of letting it sit on my eyelashes the whole time, the full color couldn't develop but I have ELECTRIC BLUE eyelashes. I'm so confused as everyone said the blue wasn't blue, but rather a glossy black. If you have the blue setup on you windows theme, it's that color blue on my lashes. I probably didn't let it sit long enough, but it REALLY hurt. I feel like such a spaz but my nose was running from it, and I got it all over my clothes. It probably would turn out better if someone else did it to me, but I just don't think blue eyelashes are worth the trouble. It turned out so lovely for everyone else, especially in those before and after photos... it's just not for me. I don't consider my eyes all that sensitive either. Sad
I have to add that I lost quite a few eyelashes from it washing the stuff off. I think every possible bad scenerio (other than going blind thank God) happened to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
I read this entire thread, followed all the tips, and I feel like you've got to be a super hero to apply this stuff to yourself. It was a disaster. First I couldn't control the amount of drops that came out of the little bottle so I don't even know if I got the formula right. Then I tried the stick that came with it, a toothpick, and a clean mascara wand and I kept poking myself in the eye. I have blue streaks down my face as I did not apply vaseline to my entire face before I started. I had to wash it off twice before letting it sit on for even five minutes before it killed. I think washing it off the first two times caused vaseline to coat my eyelashs because it didn't work that great. Maybe because I wasn't capable of letting it sit on my eyelashes the whole time, the full color couldn't develop but I have ELECTRIC BLUE eyelashes. I'm so confused as everyone said the blue wasn't blue, but rather a glossy black. If you have the blue setup on you windows theme, it's that color blue on my lashes. I probably didn't let it sit long enough, but it REALLY hurt. I feel like such a spaz but my nose was running from it, and I got it all over my clothes. It probably would turn out better if someone else did it to me, but I just don't think blue eyelashes are worth the trouble. It turned out so lovely for everyone else, especially in those before and after photos... it's just not for me. I don't consider my eyes all that sensitive either. Sad
I have to add that I lost quite a few eyelashes from it washing the stuff off. I think every possible bad scenerio (other than going blind thank God) happened to me.

I’m terribly sorry to hear that you had problems – I sorta take it personally when a member has problems with a product I recommended because I feel it’s my fault, like if I hadn’t opened my big mouth you wouldn’t have heard about the product and therefore wouldn’t have come to any harm from trying it. I know it sounds like I have some sort of God-complex, but there it is.... Confused

The only reason I can think of that your lashes came out bright blue instead of the glossy midnight blue/black would be the same one as you previously surmised: having to rinse the mixture off before the processing time was completed. I re-tint my lashes every couple weeks and they’ve always turned out with the glossy black result.

It sounds like you would never be willing to give this product another try, but if you do manage to pluck up the courage, another EDS member posted explicit instructions about her application technique but I can’t find the post (I’ve already used up my 30-minute allotment of ‘personal internet time’ for the day) and can’t recall the member’s name. I want to say it was Kelly_Alana or Alana_Kelly or something to that effect. Perhaps you could search the forum and find her post and see if her instructions are any more detailed and helpful....

If you simply can’t bring yourself to try the kit again, I bet you could find someone on the forum who would be willing to buy or trade for it so if you are open to that, just post a message and tell those interested to PM you to work out a deal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 09, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
If I get the courage to try it again, I'm going to have someone else do it to me. There is one clump of lashes that did turn out darker than the rest so I'm assuming I didn't leave it on long enough. I think I just lost lashes because I was rubbing furiously to get the stuff off because my eyes were burning. Does anyone know how long I should wait to try again? I know with hair coloring it's not a good idea to recolor right away. I don't want damaged eyelashs. Maybe about a week right? And Carekate, don't feel bad, no matter WHAT you recommend there's always gonna be someone something doesn't work out for. That's just the way it works. You recommend fabulous stuff, like the paves serum, the Color Charm,the hyaluronic acid, etc etc.. this is the only thing you recommend that didn't work for me (and it may work the second time) so I'm still part of your following. Please keep recommending!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I will be visiting the UK soon and wondered if this product was available there? If it's found in NZ and OZ maybe the UK sells it as well.
Here in Sweden eyelash and eyebrow tinting is very popular because so many women have very light lashes. Someone else posted about white or light lashes. This seems to be common here. They sell tints here at pharmacies and stores like H&M but they tend to wear off after a week or so. Of course this depends on what one puts on their face. I use Retin-a on face and around eyes so this probably wears it off sooner. Luckily I have some colour on my lashes as they are naturally a light brown. I still would love a tint that could be a decent substitute for mascara on those days when I want to go sans makeup.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
I will be visiting the UK soon and wondered if this product was available there? If it's found in NZ and OZ maybe the UK sells it as well.
Here in Sweden eyelash and eyebrow tinting is very popular because so many women have very light lashes. Someone else posted about white or light lashes. This seems to be common here. They sell tints here at pharmacies and stores like H&M but they tend to wear off after a week or so. Of course this depends on what one puts on their face. I use Retin-a on face and around eyes so this probably wears it off sooner. Luckily I have some colour on my lashes as they are naturally a light brown. I still would love a tint that could be a decent substitute for mascara on those days when I want to go sans makeup.

I don't think so, so far we've only found it Down Under.

This is speculation, but the most likely reason that the lash tints used by your fellow countrywomen fade after a week is because they are merely 'vegetable dyes' -- I had this problem before I discovered 1000 Hours and was using a lash tint kit that I bought at a local beauty supply store. Only a lash tint that actually contains a mild peroxide (3%) developer is going to give results lasting 4-6 weeks -- it's just like using a permanent, semi-permanent, demi-permanent or temporary hair color.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 12, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow....I've been using the tint since the first of the year. The first time I did it, my experience was just like yours...I can vouch that tint in the eyes hurts, it hurts bad.
The next time I did it, I mixed 4 or 5 drops of liquid with a tiny amount of product..stir it up and add more product if you have to..make it not runny, but not solid..I used a mascara brush that I got from Sephora. The tint at the right consistency will hold to the mascara brush tips. I used this very sparingly on my lashes. Once I saw how far I could get the product to my eye without them burning, I added more product to my lashes. I left it on 20 mins or so, then washed my closed eyes with Johnsons baby shampoo (this stuff wont burn your eyes if some accidently gets in). It still took me a couple of more tries to get the technique down, so don't get frustrated!!
GOOD LUCK!!!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I broke down and tried 1000 Hour Lash Tint after reading all of your reviews. I have to say, this is good stuff! I got the blue-black, but like everyone says, the final outcome is deep black.

Some warnings: Be very careful not to get it in your eyes (this is not the time to multitask with treatments). I used a clean mascara wand as EDS reviewers suggested, rather than the stick that comes in the package. I soon found that using just the end of the wand and doing 7-10 lashes at a time stroking upwards was the easiest.

Also the dye works faster than regular hair dye and is permanent. I got a tiny drop on my bathroom sink counter and thought I'd clean it up when I finished applying the stuff, but too late! It was only on the counter for 2 minutes and left a small permanent purplish stain. Protect the area you are working in, as well as your face...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 13, 2006 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Anna - No, I'm afraid it doesn't seem to be on sale over here at all. There is a lash tint that I've tried in the past, and rosebud did a post about it fairly recently, called Colorsport.

Colorsport's quite good and long-lasting, but, personally, I think the 1000 Hours is definitely better. Also, there's no blue/black in the Colorsport range.

I bought my 1000 Hours from one of the antipodean websites and am absolutely delighted with it.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I tried this, after reading all your guys posts. I have to admit, I really like the product. I've had it on for almost a month, and I don't think I need a touch up yet.
I did notice that it did dry my lashes out a bit, so I'm using Ardell on them. (I haven't noticed any grow of my lashes, but they are softer. For the $4 I paid, I'm not going to complain.) I found that the fumes from the tint did sting my eyes. I'm going to not wear my glasses next time. I'm wondering if my glasses held the fumes close to my eyes. I would also agree with Jeannine, if you drip some, wipe it up immediately. I also had a small stain on my counter. The clorox bleach pen helped a little bit. The stain is now the size on a pen mark, and lighter black.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek wrote:
I found that the fumes from the tint did sting my eyes. I'm going to not wear my glasses next time. I'm wondering if my glasses held the fumes close to my eyes.
Yes, that is likely the cause of the fumes. The same thing happens to me when I get my highlights done at the salon and my stylist puts me under the hooded dryer to speed up the processing time -- the combination of the heat and the fumes being blown straight down toward my face is enough to have my eyes watering by the time I'm ready to be rinsed!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 15, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
the directions carecate was talking about are in this thread (i think): http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8927&highlight=1000+lash+tint
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 16, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
the directions carecate was talking about are in this thread (i think): http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=8927&highlight=1000+lash+tint
Yes, those are the ones -- thanks! Now I don't have to waste some of my precious 30 minutes hunting them down! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello Smile

Can these be bought over the pharmacies as website claims, or online only?!

AUSTRALIA
Most Pharmacies
Priceline
Price Attack
Kmart

NEW ZEALAND
Kmart
Most Pharmacies

5% products discount

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy,
I found 1000hour lash tint in "Priceline" just yesterday (sat June 3rd, 2006). I paid approx $18.00AUD and they had all colours. Black, Blue/Black, Brown etc....

PS: I live in Melbourne.

Hope that helps,

Cheers, Jo

Forgot to say, used it last night and it's awesome!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Joeybella! Smile I will have co-worker buy it for me from Priceline.

Is this correct? (I just google-ed it) Smile
Unit/shop Shop GD068
Floor/level Ground
Melbourne Central
211 La Trobe Street
MELBOURNE VIC 3000

Is one package = one application? Should I have her buy me lots? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
joziegrozy wrote:

There are many, many applications in one box. And the shelf life for an opened package is one year. HTH Smile

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:50 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
joziegrozy wrote:

There are many, many applications in one box. And the shelf life for an opened package is one year. HTH Smile
One box of 1000 Hours = 12-24 applications, depending upon how much you use. I'd tell your friend to buy you two kits and it should be enough to last you for an entire year.

One note for all the newbies who are just now trying this:

the instructions say to use 1 inch of colorant + 10 drops of developer per each use but we have found that if you cut that in half (i.e.: 1/2 inch colorant + 5 drops developer) it still yields more than enough colorant to tint both sets of lashes so if obviously if you do this you'll get twice as many applications per box....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
amnis wrote:
joziegrozy wrote:

One box of 1000 Hours = 12-24 applications, depending upon how much you use. I'd tell your friend to buy you two kits and it should be enough to last you for an entire year.

the instructions say to use 1 inch of colorant + 10 drops of developer per each use but we have found that if you cut that in half (i.e.: 1/2 inch colorant + 5 drops developer) it still yields more than enough colorant to tint both sets of lashes so if obviously if you do this you'll get twice as many applications per box....

I was waiting for Carrie's more accurate accounting Wink

I use 1/2 inch: 5 drops also- it is indeed more than enough.

And Carrie, by application do you mean per eye?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:10 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
carekate wrote:
amnis wrote:
joziegrozy wrote:

I was waiting for Carrie's more accurate accounting Wink

I use 1/2 inch: 5 drops also- it is indeed more than enough.

And Carrie, by application do you mean per eye?

No, I mean one application = both sets of lashes

Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |