Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Darren - I'm sure the brown/black is just PERFECT for you - you said its about a shade darker than your eyebrows, so I'm sure NO ONE has a clue that your lashes are tinted (other than those of us here, and we're not saying a word!). And if you ever do resort to mascara one day, please use water resistant - it looks REALLY weird on a guy when his lashes start to run! Laughing

Carrie sent me some and I am going to use it tomorrow, but I got blue/black. Hopefully I won't put out an eye while using it! Wink (because then I will look like this emoticon!).
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Ok my order arrived from Carrie on Fri afternoon, so of course, I raced upstair, took off all make-up and the with shaking hands opened the box. Someone (and u know who u are) recommended I swipe my eyes with a bit of alcohol, just to make sure all oils were off, so swipe I did, I only screamed for about 30 seconds, then I decided (hangs head in shame) to go ahead and try my brillant tape idea, ok bad move, I only screamed for about a minute on that one (but great exfolliation of eyelid). So then, since Carrie was so kind to include not only all the nec tools need, but also a lip balm, in a brownish, berry color, I decided, who needs vasiline, and took the eyeshadow brush, and swiped this wonderful lip balm across upper and lower lids, fair warning you look like a drunk on a binge for about a month, with very red rimmed eyes, but hey worked like a charm, with most coming right off with the excess lash dye, although don't plan a date, it did take a few hours for all the red to go away. The dying part was a breeze, techinical difficulty I'd rate about a 1, with fear factor at about an 80. Anyhoo I digress, my lashes came out great, and truely look like I have mascara on. Today when applying makeup, I only swiped a teeny bit of mascara just too keep all these hairs where they belong!!!! FAB PRODUCT....and a huge thank you Carrie for extras, and not forcing me into theft at sephoras!!!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
techinical difficulty I'd rate about a 1, with fear factor at about an 80.

LOL - I just ordered this, so I hear ya on the "fear facter! Thanks for the tips everyone.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
Tangal wrote:
Quote:

LOL - I just ordered this, so I hear ya on the "fear facter! Thanks for the tips everyone.

don't bother reading directions, they say ...lay down and close ur eyes, then apply tint Rolling Eyes , now I am pretty talented, but............
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
HA!
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
HA!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:47 am      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Someone (and u know who u are) recommended I swipe my eyes with a bit of alcohol, just to make sure all oils were off, so swipe I did, I only screamed for about 30 seconds...
Try your ACV toner or some diluted ACV next time! It's the same concept minus the ouch-factor (ACV is also great to swipe over your nails before applying fresh polish to remove all traces of dirt and oil so it will adhere without peeling off within hours/days of application...).

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
I received the 1000 lash tint about 1 week ago.
But thought, wow, I need to have a special time to put it on.

Now, beleive me I HAVE SKIMPPY lashes.
They are the color of light brown and you can get close enough, they almost look invisible.
I wish I could be a tester for CareKates Lush Lash. I've already taken before pictures.

But anyway back to the 1000 lash tint.
I did it. I did not lay down.
I sat at the kitchen table with a 10X mirror and slowly put it on each lash. With the 10X mirror I was able to precisly add it to each hair lash.

WOW. what a difference. You actually can see my lashes now. They are not long but still skimpy but at least you can see them.

When it wears off, I will MOST definitly do it again.

I also used it on my eyebrows, and my face just looks like it has brightend up.

I like this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:30 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
MelissaMarie wrote:
Someone (and u know who u are) recommended I swipe my eyes with a bit of alcohol, just to make sure all oils were off, so swipe I did, I only screamed for about 30 seconds...
Try your ACV toner or some diluted ACV next time! It's the same concept minus the ouch-factor (ACV is also great to swipe over your nails before applying fresh polish to remove all traces of dirt and oil so it will adhere without peeling off within hours/days of application...).

Great tip thanks!!!! And your lip balm works fabulous as a barrier!!! no running into lashline, like vasiline might....
Ruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:12 am      Reply with quote
okay...I'm FINALLY caveing in here. I WANT THIS STUFF after years of your raves LOL.

I've tried to patiently look through this monster of a thread to find out where you all get your tint from...Googled as well.

Iswww.1000hour.com.au our preferred place of purchase ???

Found a site where they sell it for about ASD 15, but only in brown + I get suspicious when something is "too cheap" in comparison to other places.

Please enlighten me!

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
TameraT
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Ruth. I have just tried it for the first time. I ordered it directly from Australia, I think the same link you put up.

I did not follow the directions per se as they said lay down close your eyes etc.

I got in front of my 10x mirror with a light on. I could see every eyelash (I have light brown eyelashes).
I got a very small tiny eyeliner brush. Put 1" into small cup, 9-10 drops of the liquid.

Then stirred and mixed.

Then with the eyeliner brush, put some on each lash. WITH EYES OPEN.

It was actually very easy.

It made my eyes look so good afterwards. WOW.
I don't have to wear mascara now if I don't want too.

I love this product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth I ordered from that site. I think it came out $25 U.S. (and that included shipping). I was nervous because I assumed shipping would be more $ but I received my package in 1.5 weeks no problem. I'll probably order from them again.

TameraT I thought 'closing eyes' were instructions if you are applying to someone else? I followed the instructions which said to apply with eyes open like mascara. I did have a problem with the quantity, 1" mixed made up too much solution for my skimpy lashes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanx:) I ordered from here in the end. 25 NZD and free shipping http://www.strandarcadepharmacy.co.nz/

this is the place I saw it for 15 AUD...
http://www.pharmacyonline.com.au/1000-hour-eyelash-brow-dark-brown-p-9415.html

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I tryed this, and I have dark lashs already.

The first time, I guess I got some in my eyes - yowza. I though I was going to die.....burns like fire. Nose ran, eyes got supre red, tears every where!

Rinsed eyes and tryed again, and did not TRY to get lash roots and it worked MUCH better!

I used the Blue/Black. I did get some lash darken, not dramatic, as my lashs are dark brown. But enough that ends and finer lashs are more visable.

I did not use the lash papers, that was a pain, Just dolloped vaseline on skin well, and looked in the mirror and just wiped any dye off of skin whenever it appeared useing the cotton stick applicater things (sort of like qtips) and just applyed more vaseline as needed.

I ordered direct from thewww.1000hour.com.au site. Good service, I am pleased with them.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I just got this today, (thank you cuppre) and tried it before I picked the kids up from school. I think one eye came out better than the other, and I am wondering how long I need to wait before trying this again. I don't want my lashes falling out.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
assuming your lashs donot feel dry or brittle you should be able to do it again. I did two session back to back with no problems.

I do condition my lashs regularly with oils, so they are not dry or brittle. ( I use oils to remove eye makeup)
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
MelissaMarie wrote:
Tangal wrote:
Quote:

don't bother reading directions, they say ...lay down and close ur eyes, then apply tint Rolling Eyes , now I am pretty talented, but............

Those directions are for applying to someone else Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi there all, Very Happy

Total newbie here, this is my very first post! I just drank my coffee too late tonight and here I am at 2 a.m.reading all these great posts by people who really seem to know their stuff and are really supportive of each other. What a cool place!
Cooler still is that this great sounding product is actually available here in NZ (thanks to whoever posted link to the Strand Arcade pharmacy). Yay! No shipping charges or endless waits. Will have to get back on tomorrow and read the whole thread on how to do it right, but the most important pre-purchase info seems to be "Get Blue-Black". Is that right?

Cheers from down here...
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Nzgrrl wrote:
...but the most important pre-purchase info seems to be "Get Blue-Black". Is that right?
Absolutely! A good rule of thumb is: if you normally wear black or brown-black mascara, then go for the blue-black (aka "midnight blue") shade because it provides results that are much more glossy/healthy-looking than the plain black tint which provides matte results, which I would probably only recommend for dark-haired GUYS that tint their lashes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Since I have CPed this for a few EDS members and (yay) it was not confiscated by customs, I am going to open the offer here on this thread.

If anyone is interested in getting the lash tint, I can buy it from 15 AUD/each + shipping. To America, it is 9.00 AUD for up to three (I am guessing) lash tints without the packaging. If it is to Europe, it is 10.60 AUD.

I can accept Paypal only Very Happy, unless you have an Australian bank account Laughing.
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks CareKate. Hope the pharmacy is open on weekends. Now I have something fun to do for the weekend! Will post back with results.
Nzgrrl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Okay, back already with 1000 Hours report.

My experience was pretty close to Tangal's above, right down to the getting it my eye (twice, and yeah, it hurts like hell when that happens.)It was simple to use, and instead of paper, I used saran wrap pieces, which worked pretty well. However, I wasn't really going at it too hard in terms of trying to get the lower lashes dyed cos the few ones I have down there are baby fine and sort of curve sideways into the corner of the eye, making it virtually impossible to keep vaseline off them anyway.

I definitely could see some effect in terms of them looking slightly longer (used blue-black), but really the whole exercise just convinced me and my similarly-anaemic-in-the-eyelash-dept. sister that we really need to try out some lash serums ...
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I just did my eyes again yesterday and I must say that I'm finally getting the hang of it.

1. My initial measurements were WAY off (I was mixing .5" to 10 drops - supposed to be 1" to 10).

2. I have Asian lashes so I'm doing great with no vaseline at all. For my top lashes, any solution that stains my skin right above my lashes looks good. for my bottom ... I can't get solution to stick anyway.

3. TAKE OUT YOUR CONTACT LENSES! I uh, ended up with dark blue contacts when a tiny bit of solution went in my eyes.

4. I now wipe most of the solution off with Visine. Could be my imagination - but I figured it's good for soothing and reducing redness. Drops of Visine on a q-tip and removed everything. This was the first time it didn't sting like H--- getting it off.

but ... can anyone provide some tips on doing bottom lashes? My bottom lashes are so fine that I can't get the solution to stick on them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Rjez wrote:
but ... can anyone provide some tips on doing bottom lashes? My bottom lashes are so fine that I can't get the solution to stick on them.

keep up with carekate's Lush Lash -- on BOTH eyes!!! Bad Grin
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Rjez wrote:

keep up with carekate's Lush Lash -- on BOTH eyes!!! Bad Grin

haha .. yeah, I'm still using CLL on my left and JMAIE on the right. I did cheat about using the lash tint though ... I used CLL on both to give my right eye some conditioning.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |