Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Rave for DIY “1000 Hours Lash Tint Kit”
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hlg22
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
I finally tried this on Friday after receiving my 1000 hours kit. I love it! My observations:

Blue/black was definitely the way to go, despite the scary very-blueness of the dye. My lashes just look black and glossy.

It was easier than I thought. I used a spooly wand for most of the application, and used the little provided stick to get way up at the roots of my lashes. I found that sticking the paper eyeform cutout to the vaseline under my eyes (right up to the lash line) really helped me to see and apply the dye to my lower lashes without getting it all over the place.

My only problem was that the dye made my eyes water, and I was so afraid that I would start tearing up and the dye would run all over the place, leaving me looking like a racoon. So, I washed it off a few minutes sooner than I otherwise would have.

I am very pleased with the results. My lashes were long and fairly dark to begin with, but this has completely cut out the need to wear mascara, which I hate. All I have to do is curl my lashes and I'm ready to go!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I have a 12 year old daughter whose in the 7th grade. She's been bugging me to wear mascara so I dyed her lashes with this instead. I made Carrie's lash conditioner and between the two her lashes look absolutely gorgeous. If anyone whose on the fence about trying this would like to see a picture I have one where you can see her lashes quite nicely.

Kimberly.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
hlg22 wrote:
My only problem was that the dye made my eyes water, and I was so afraid that I would start tearing up and the dye would run all over the place, leaving me looking like a racoon. So, I washed it off a few minutes sooner than I otherwise would have.

if your lashes are already fairly dark, there's no reason to use that sticky thing and get so close to the roots (the hairs at the end are the ones that tend to lighten). sticking with just the spooly should be fine and there's a lot less chance of getting it in your eyes and making them water.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
If anyone whose on the fence about trying this would like to see a picture I have one where you can see her lashes quite nicely.

i would like to see a picture. I use this myself and would like to see others results too.

thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:39 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Rjez wrote:
but ... can anyone provide some tips on doing bottom lashes? My bottom lashes are so fine that I can't get the solution to stick on them.

keep up with carekate's Lush Lash -- on BOTH eyes!!! Bad Grin

La view on rose: Is carekate's LL available now? If so where can I order.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:38 am      Reply with quote
patrice wrote:

no, patrice, it's not available yet. Rjez and i are just lucky enough to be two of the guinea pigs whilst it's going through the final testing phase.
patrice
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Okay, thanks for the reply.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:54 am      Reply with quote
I ordered this stuff 3 weeks ago and still have not received it. Just how long does it usually take to get from Parnell????
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
I ordered this stuff 3 weeks ago and still have not received it. Just how long does it usually take to get from Parnell????
FYI - When I ordered mine on the first, they sent me an email advising that the blue-black was currently out-of-stock but they expected a shipment by Xmas and they would ship out my order as soon as they received it from the factory.

When it's not out of stock, it typically takes only 10 business days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
patrice wrote:

no, patrice, it's not available yet. Rjez and i are just lucky enough to be two of the guinea pigs whilst it's going through the final testing phase.

hmmmm another reason to fly over and have a drink with ya, when I get ya good and ripped, I can steal ur lash stuff.. Laughing
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:12 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
FYI - When I ordered mine on the first, they sent me an email advising that the blue-black was currently out-of-stock but they expected a shipment by Xmas and they would ship out my order as soon as they received it from the factory.

Update: I just got another email from Anita at Parnell to let me know that they STILL haven't received their shipment of blue/black but they'll send my order as soon as they receive it....

(Now you know why I always order at least 6 kits each time so I'll always have 1-2 in reserve!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried using this little guy with the 1000 hours instead of the paper circles under your eyes?

http://www.perfumebay.com/5000100638.html

I don't use the paper circles at all (never could get them to stick), I just slop a heavy layer of creme de la mer under my eyes. When I make a mistake with the dye I just clean it up with a q-tip really fast. But I saw this and figured why not, for 59c I'll give it a shot.
Julsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:06 am      Reply with quote
I don't like wearing mascara, so I use this as often as I can. My lashes look great and I don't have to wear mascara for weeks! I use it on my eyebows too
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:09 am      Reply with quote
stellamaris wrote:
Has anyone tried using this little guy with the 1000 hours instead of the paper circles under your eyes?

I don't use the paper circles at all (never could get them to stick), I just slop a heavy layer of creme de la mer under my eyes. When I make a mistake with the dye I just clean it up with a q-tip really fast. But I saw this and figured why not, for 59c I'll give it a shot.

Stellamaris, that is a very interesting looking gadget. Please let us know how it works out. 59c is nothing at all, but I'd like to know if its simple to work with, or will I be cursing it because its clumsy to use?! TIA! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
stellamaris wrote:

Stellamaris, that is a very interesting looking gadget. Please let us know how it works out. 59c is nothing at all, but I'd like to know if its simple to work with, or will I be cursing it because its clumsy to use?! TIA! Very Happy

I've seen those thingies (I think they're made of cardboard), but I haven't tried one. My concern would be that you'd have to hold the thing in place the entire time you're applying the tint and possibly also during the "processing" time. Maybe I'm just extremely uncoordinated, but sometimes I need to use both hands when I'm applying my tint in case I need to stretch my eye out to get the goop into the far corners of my lashes, or have to quickly grab the vaseline-Qtip to mop up a spill or remove an excess glob of tint before it falls into my eye...just, the list is endless. For this reason, I think it's better -- at least for me -- to have both hands available.

The other thing is that, just like some people have difficulty using the little paper-towel “cut-outs” based on the pattern in the instruction sheet, it’s because not everyone’s eyes are shaped the same way. I know I could never get the cut-outs to work (even the pre-cut ones that came in my old/crappy Roux lash tint kit from Sallys) for me because the curve of them was such that they wouldn’t fit right up against my lashline so I’d always have a gap where I could potentially get a dye-stain if I didn’t apply my vaseline barrier correctly. I’d always have to try and trim the cut-outs down to fit my eyeshape and 99% of the time, I never got it to fit right! Confused So I’m wondering if the thingamajig from Perfume Bay would provide the same challenges...?

You know, that gizmo reminds me: in beauty mags, they always have an “expert tip” from makeup artists that you can prevent mascara smears during application by taking a kleenex and sliding it under your lower lashes so that the straight-edge of the tissue lines up with your lashline. Has anyone tried this trick with the lash tint to see if it would work better then the paper-towel cutouts? If it works, I’m thinking that the kleenex might be more effective than the Perfume Bay gizmo because it would be light-weight enough that you could probably get the tissue to “stick” to a thin layer of vaseline so you didn’t have to hold it in place the whole time so both hands would be free....

Just my 2¢ – but if you *do* try that gizmo, do let us know how it works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Am I the only one who gets Vaseline on my lower lashes, and ends up having to re-dye them? I was thinking about using frownies underneath. I tried medical tape, and I would strongly recommend against that! Under my eyes was red and sore for a week. Sad
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:13 am      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:

I ordered the brown for my brows and never received an email. and even sent an email inquiring about my order-no response
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Am I the only one who gets Vaseline on my lower lashes
No, you're not the only one! Have you tried the sponge-tipped (eyeshadow) applicator to apply the vaseline? You have more control than w/ a Qtip because you can apply the vaseline to only one side of the applicator and then slide it up under your lashline without it getting all over the upper lashes.

5% products discount

Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Cuppre, was an angel and sent the lash dye kit to me about a month ago, and I used it right away. The color has lasted a month already!

I have red hair and very light lashes and brows. It was difficult to get the brown/black close to the roots, especially the lower ones because the vaseline must've gotten on the lower lid. Oh My! I didn't know I had lashes so far on the outer edges of my eye! They still look great, and I don't hesitate to go out mascara free these days.

I was not prepared for how dark my brows would appear. For a few days, I thought I looked like Groucho Marx. Absolutely nothing would lighten them. I tried microderm abbrasion, dawn liquid soap, developer H2O2 solution, and even bleach water.
It took a while to figure it out, but having blonde brows had allowed me to get a bit lazy in the tweezing department. After thinning them out a bit, they look much better, and now I will definately keep them darkened.
If I could figure out how to post a picture, I'd drop one in!
Blessings!
Mary
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Ahh,, I'll try that next time. Thanks, Carrie!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
carekate wrote:
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:

I ordered the brown for my brows and never received an email. and even sent an email inquiring about my order-no response

FYI - I got an email from Parnell just now stating that my order had been sent out today so I would imagine your’s was dispatched at the same time....

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:17 am      Reply with quote
OK, here is the scoop on the "Beauti-Eye Mascara Shield" - the little gadget from Perfume Bay:

This is white plastic, pretty sturdy. Each end has a half moon cutout for your eye. One end, however, is bent in (towards your eye at a little more than a 45 degree angle) and one end is straight. I am thinking it is a vintage product because of the packaging.

I like this little guy not so much because he blocks dye smears, but because with the tilted end you can lift your bottom lashes up a bit. Then they are all sitting on a white background so you can see even the tiniest ones and you do not miss them with the dye. You can get in the corners and make sure you get all the baby lashes there as well.

Once I had the dye on all my lower lashes, I put the shield down whilst I globbed another coat of dye on my lashes. I don't particularly think that this is that great at blocking dye smears, I still used La Mer all around my eyes and cleaned up mistakes with a Q-tip. I did not have the shield exactly up against my lash line. Also you need to wipe it off if you get dye on the very edge, else you'll get the dye on you when you move it.

But it is good to lift up your lashes and help you see all of them, even the baby ones, so you can get them coated with dye! I like it and will keep using it for that purpose. And for 59c, why not? Find something else you want at Perfume Bay and throw one of these in the order with it. Very Happy

PS: Something else I discovered tonight, if you, um, accidentally stick your hand in the dye tray whilst 'cleaning up', St Tropez Self Tan Remover will get the purple stains off your hands. Embarassed
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
stellamaris wrote:
OK, here is the scoop on the "Beauti-Eye Mascara Shield" - the little gadget from Perfume Bay:

This is white plastic, pretty sturdy. Each end has a half moon cutout for your eye. One end, however, is bent in (towards your eye at a little more than a 45 degree angle) and one end is straight. I am thinking it is a vintage product because of the packaging.

I like this little guy not so much because he blocks dye smears, but because with the tilted end you can lift your bottom lashes up a bit. Then they are all sitting on a white background so you can see even the tiniest ones and you do not miss them with the dye. You can get in the corners and make sure you get all the baby lashes there as well.

Once I had the dye on all my lower lashes, I put the shield down whilst I globbed another coat of dye on my lashes. I don't particularly think that this is that great at blocking dye smears, I still used La Mer all around my eyes and cleaned up mistakes with a Q-tip. I did not have the shield exactly up against my lash line. Also you need to wipe it off if you get dye on the very edge, else you'll get the dye on you when you move it.

But it is good to lift up your lashes and help you see all of them, even the baby ones, so you can get them coated with dye! I like it and will keep using it for that purpose. And for 59c, why not? Find something else you want at Perfume Bay and throw one of these in the order with it. Very Happy

PS: Something else I discovered tonight, if you, um, accidentally stick your hand in the dye tray whilst 'cleaning up', St Tropez Self Tan Remover will get the purple stains off your hands. Embarassed

Great review! One question: is this thingamajig reusable or do I need to order more than one?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
It is reusable. It's made of hard plastic.
Essentia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
thirtyish wrote:
I am using this weird dental floss thing that looks like a tiny mascara wand.

Sounds like one of these:

Gum Soft Pick
GUM® Go-Betweens® Cleaners
GUM® Proxabrush® Trav-Ler®
GUM® Proxabrush® System

Available in dental care aisles...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |