Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr Hauschka Cleansing Clay Mask
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Well think of it this way, the things which are in your skin would be in there much longer (do you normally get small break outs?) and the mask is helping to draw them out much faster.

But you really need to factor in things like diet/lifestyle to prevent things like that from happening. You can have really clear skin until you use a mask, which starts to bring out all the toxins/buildup that is under your skin which would normally just sit there or surface much more slowly.

My face is the most sensitive part of my body which tells me if I am stressed/not eating well, so I take it as a sign to make changes. Otherwise just move onto more gentle masks to do a job of surface cleansing.

HTH
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I recently bought this mask a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it!! My skin feels wonderful when I rinse it off. I also love that it rinses off so easily too. My skin does purge a bit afterwards but I think using it with the other Dr. H products is helping to balance out my skin as the purging starts to lessen. I will try to update on this effect in a few weeks.
AndrewL123
5% products discount

Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just got mine today =) I was wondering is the clay mask suppose to be sealed? When I opened the container, all I saw was just brown powder without any type of sealage. Is this normal? I'm just worried that I got ripped off with something else.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have never used the one that comes in a jar, just the refills. But from seeing the original, it is just brown powder and it sits in a jar with no seals on it.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
AndrewL123 wrote:
I just got mine today =) I was wondering is the clay mask suppose to be sealed? When I opened the container, all I saw was just brown powder without any type of sealage. Is this normal? I'm just worried that I got ripped off with something else.

Just for you I went and checked an unopened jar of the clay mask and it has no seal.
AndrewL123
5% products discount

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Wow just for me? LOL thanks! Very Happy
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
this product is pretty nice. perfect for sensitive and oily skin. It is that effective as i thought, but it does clear things up pretty well and it doesn't burn my skin.
AndrewL123
5% products discount

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
when should you apply this mask? after you cleanse or before?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
After cleansing, but try to not use any products on your skin for the entire night after you have used this mask - it helps the skin to purge faster.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:06 am      Reply with quote
That's a good idea, Miranets, I'd been using this at the start of the day. Now I'm wondering whether I was opening/cleaning my pores only to then clog them with moisturizer and makeup. I think I'll modify my routine.
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
shanno wrote:
That's a good idea, Miranets, I'd been using this at the start of the day. Now I'm wondering whether I was opening/cleaning my pores only to then clog them with moisturizer and makeup. I think I'll modify my routine.

Hmmm, interesting thought. I normally do this at night but I did it yesterday morn for the first time. One thing about this mask, everytime I use it, I get some form of small breakout. I think I should step up my usage to 3x a week now so that I can get past this hump. Ugh.
elizasue
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I just tried this for the first time last night. So far, so good - my skin this morning feels smooth and my pores look tighter. I steamed first with a warm washcloth and then only left it on for about 5 minutes, since I have sensitive skin. Fingers crossed for no major purges!
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great mask! I couldn't believe how soft & smooth my skin felt after using this mask. I even dabbed a small amount on my blemish overnight & it was practically gone the next morning! Shock The only disadvantage is that it's a bit difficult to get the right consistency & so the whole "mixing" process can get a bit messy :S
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I am now using this mask almost every other day, and it sure does bring out lots of blemishes.. I am also letting it dry completely so it is sucking up so much oil!!

One way to mix the mask to a perfect consistency is to spray your water-base onto the powder, rather than pouring it in and getting an overly runny mixture and having to put more powder in etc etc... and ending up with a huge lump which you can't use.

I don't use tap water to mix with the clay, I normally use a hydrosol (cheap by the litre) or any old natural toners that I have.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips, miranets! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |