Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Glyquin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Well I received my jar of Glyquin about a week ago and all ready I see a difference in my dark circles. I used this product about a year ago and liked it. The newer verson seems to spread on the face smoother. It is a heavy cream so I only use it at night. I will post again after a month of use and let you all know if my dark circles are still getting better. I still use Obagi Clear during the day. It is much lighter of a cream.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Glyquin XM (28 gr)
Glyquin XM (28 gr)

This new version of Glyquin is the same as original Glyquin with the benefits of Vitamins C & E and Hyaluronic Acid. It also contains extra moisturizing agents. It is designed to slowly “bleach” hyperpigmented skin conditions. When too much melanin (the pigment portion of skin) is produced as a result of sun exposure, for example this can lead to hyperpigmentation or overly pigmented patches of skin. Hydroquinone an active ingredient in GLYQUIN®—works by inhibiting the production of melanin. Glycolic acid was added to increase the penetration and efficacy of hydroquinone.

Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds great...do you what the ingredients of the Glyquin are? I have never heard about this product before!
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Olyn, It has hydroquinone at 4% and AHA. and some other stuff. From reading other peoples forum post, it seems hydroqinione is not concedered 'healthly' or whatever. For me, I spent 42 years watching everything that went on me, in me, around me, you get it. Well I still got cancer. You know what I think made me sick? All the worrying about what would give me this or that! Now I do as I think is best for me at the time and reserve my right to change my mind. Let me know if you try it. Smile
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Let me know how it's working for you!! I have this too, but haven't used it for ages because, well, I forgot about it actually and I probably couldn't work it in either (and it was for a non-specific reason, i.e uneven pigmentation, I think). Hadn't thought about using it on dark circles though... Rolling Eyes

PS like your philosophy, I think people worry WAY too much in general....
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I have bought Glyquin before for my mother.
But it didn't work well.At first too sticky,so hard to penetrate to skin.
And a littel irritation happens.
Never repurchase.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist told to try this for some "sun/age spots" on my face. I used it for a month (not every day ) didn't notice any difference. It did not irritate my skin. He said to toss it when it changed colour. I felt guilty throwing out a jar almost full! I guess I used it too sparingly. I may try it again.
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
Glyquin gave me the sunburn look. I only applied to the dark spots on my cheeks and my coworkers kept asking me if I was ok coz I was bright red. Ended up tossing it as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I suggest anyone who uses this for the first time do a patch test on their arms for at least a week first. I had a really bad reaction after the 5th day using it. Too bad it didn't work for me.
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:36 am      Reply with quote
I have a sample of it But the description scares me --- Skin BLEACHING Moisturizing Cream. "Bleach"!!!
OzzieRox

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
In the 70's I exposed my skin to the sun constantly and pay the price now by having pigmentation on my face. I was wondering if anyone had tried this product for 6 months to see if it does achieve the results claimed. Or have people had success with other products to reduce pigmentation?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:05 am      Reply with quote
OzzieRox wrote:
In the 70's I exposed my skin to the sun constantly and pay the price now by having pigmentation on my face. I was wondering if anyone had tried this product for 6 months to see if it does achieve the results claimed. Or have people had success with other products to reduce pigmentation?

Hi there,

I am looking for a solution for spot treatment and have gather many information. Below are a few choices that u might want to try out.

Please read the many post in EDS on 1) Vitamin C like Skin Medica 2)Remergent product like DNA repair or Barrier Repair 3) Mama Lotion.
They all helps in pigmentation too. Good Luck
kareni
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
This was recommended to me for sun/age spots -- didn't do anything (and I was diligent and followed the instructions). Very disappointing.
jackiet_mcc
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I brought it. It was awful. It has 4% hydroquinone and 10% AHA. I will burn. It burned me.
OzzieRox

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question! I will look at the products you have mentioned.

Fairrene wrote:
OzzieRox wrote:

Hi there,

I am looking for a solution for spot treatment and have gather many information. Below are a few choices that u might want to try out.

Please read the many post in EDS on 1) Vitamin C like Skin Medica 2)Remergent product like DNA repair or Barrier Repair 3) Mama Lotion.
They all helps in pigmentation too. Good Luck

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
i know someone who uses it for their birthmark, in combination with a strong sunblock during the day, the birthmark is not noticeable anymore, it's like a miracle when i saw it. but you have to keep using it otherwise it comes back.

5% products discount

Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would not recommend anyone using hydroquinone as i have used it before and i got fabulous results cuz i was looking to even out my skin tone but after a couple of weeks i noticed i was burned and it was ugly even after applying and reapplying sunscreen religiously.. i went back to my glycolic acids and my scar is recovering.... Confused
Fairrene
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:58 am      Reply with quote
good to know that ... i will not try the sample! Thanks
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I really liked this products results but I didn't like the heavy sticky cream so I didn't repurchase.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I don't like the texture. It is too oily. The cream turns yellow/brown before I could finish it. I will not buy it again.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |