Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
katee's eye potion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
OK - by popular demand!!! Wink

Here's the recipe for my concoction. All the ingredients (except the Skin Eternal serum, of course) came from the skin actives science site....

Katee's Eye Potion

I started out with their seakelp bioferment as a base (i think you can use this or their canvas cream, but the seakelp bioferment has more good stuff in it, and i worried that the canvas cream would end up giving me milia...). Then I mixed the following stuff into it:

Eyeliss (the whole thing)
EGF (the whole thing)
Chrysin (between 1/2 and 3/4 of the tube)
Coconut endosperm (about 1/2 the tube)
Dermagen (the whole thing)

I used one of those battery operated hand mixers to blend it. The biggest problem was posed by the Coconut endosperm. When I make this again, I'm going to use a mortar and pestle on the coconut endosperm first. I thought it would just dissolve once i blended the mixture, but it was a pain in the a**.

When I got done, I wasn't happy with the consistency - I wanted something more liquid. I had about 3/4 of a bottle of Skin Eternal DMAE serum that I had picked up somewhere or other - probably ages ago at Whole Foods. Anyway, I ended up mixing that in as well.

You'll end up with alot of product - something between a serumy lotion and a cream. I transferred some into a pump bottle and I keep the rest in the refrigerator.

I put this all around the eye area at night (eyelid too). When you apply it, it doesn't really appear to sink in and by the next morning, it's always kinda flakey. Also, as I mentioned, its quite yellow (I think it's the chrysin that adds the bright yellow color).

After the very first night that I used it, I was COMPLETELY amazed. The entire area was totally and completely smooth and firm. I haven't gotten so dramatic a result with ANY eye product I've tried, and I'm beginning to think that at one time or other, I've tried most of them.

When I mix up a new batch, I still haven't decided whether I'll buy a bottle of the Skin Eternal DMAE serum (which is certainly cheap enough) or if I'll substitute the new "class reunion" serum that they're selling...

Anway, if anyone tries this, do let me know if you get similar results !
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
do you think the dmae has a lifting effect on the eye area?

i want to add to my eye mix, but it is also very irritating for some.

tia
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
OK - by popular demand!!! Wink

Here's the recipe for my concoction. All the ingredients (except the Skin Eternal serum, of course) came from the skin actives science site....

I started out with their seakelp bioferment as a base (i think you can use this or their canvas cream, but the seakelp bioferment has more good stuff in it, and i worried that the canvas cream would end up giving me milia...). Then I mixed the following stuff into it:

Eyeliss (the whole thing)
EGF (the whole thing)
Chrysin (between 1/2 and 3/4 of the tube)
Coconut endosperm (about 1/2 the tube)
Dermagen (the whole thing)

I used one of those battery operated hand mixers to blend it. The biggest problem was posed by the Coconut endosperm. When I make this again, I'm going to use a mortar and pestle on the coconut endosperm first. I thought it would just dissolve once i blended the mixture, but it was a pain in the a**.

When I got done, I wasn't happy with the consistency - I wanted something more liquid. I had about 3/4 of a bottle of Skin Eternal DMAE serum that I had picked up somewhere or other - probably ages ago at Whole Foods. Anyway, I ended up mixing that in as well.

You'll end up with alot of product - something between a serumy lotion and a cream. I transferred some into a pump bottle and I keep the rest in the refrigerator.

I put this all around the eye area at night (eyelid too). When you apply it, it doesn't really appear to sink in and by the next morning, it's always kinda flakey. Also, as I mentioned, its quite yellow (I think it's the chrysin that adds the bright yellow color).

After the very first night that I used it, I was COMPLETELY amazed. The entire area was totally and completely smooth and firm. I haven't gotten so dramatic a result with ANY eye product I've tried, and I'm beginning to think that at one time or other, I've tried most of them.

When I mix up a new batch, I still haven't decided whether I'll buy a bottle of the Skin Eternal DMAE serum (which is certainly cheap enough) or if I'll substitute the new "class reunion" serum that they're selling...

Anway, if anyone tries this, do let me know if you get similar results !

Nice...I like it!! Maybe instead of beating the coconut to a pulp Laughing just dissolve it in a bit of distilled water or a hydrosol 1st?

The Chrysin they sell now isn't as yellow as the stuff they had before & purportedly dissolves easier.

I'll be 'borrowing' your recipe tonight Wink as all the other eye cream I had was snatched from me Confused I may make some modifications (doncha love DIY?!) as I'm hoping to use this daytime too.

How much SK are you using? And how much product did you have when you were done? I make my own DMAE spritz (DMAE & whatever hydrosol strikes my fancy at the time Laughing ) Any thoughts on using the MNS instead of the SK? Sorry - I'm a pain...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:55 am      Reply with quote
No question but that the DMAE has a lifting/firming effect.

I used the entire 4 ounces of the seakelp bioferment - by the time I was all done, I ended up with enough of the stuff to last me for a year (AND pass out a few samples as well) - I keep the extra in the 'fridge to keep it fresh....

If you come up with a daytime version of the stuff, I'd love to hear about it Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:05 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
No question but that the DMAE has a lifting/firming effect.

I used the entire 4 ounces of the seakelp bioferment - by the time I was all done, I ended up with enough of the stuff to last me for a year (AND pass out a few samples as well) - I keep the extra in the 'fridge to keep it fresh....

If you come up with a daytime version of the stuff, I'd love to hear about it Smile

Ok - so you used the full 4 ozs of the SK, how much of that DMAE serum did you add?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:26 am      Reply with quote
Wow kate, i can't wait to try this. Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Ok - I was far too impatient. This is what I came up with.

2.5 ozs Sea Kelp
2.5 ozs Marine Nutrient Serum (love the smell, reminds me of PSF O2 spray)
2 ozs Rose Distallate
Eyeliss
EGF
Chrysin
Coconut Endosperm
Dermagen
Sodium PCA
DMAE

I used the same weights of the actives you did Kate, just added the Sodium PCA, about half the tube (5mg, I think).

I dissolved the coconut and DMAE in the distallate (no coconuts were maimed in the process Wink ), a water base was definitely the way to go. Mixed the SK & MNS then added the other actives except for the EGF. Mixed well, added the distallate mix to the 1st mix, mixed it really well. When all seemed incorporated I added the EGF and gently folded it in.

I tried it right away...I liked it, still a little tiny bit grainy. Tried it again about an hour later, much better. I think by morning the grittyness will be gone. Have to hand it to ya Miss, you got a winner here. Feels FAB!! Smooth, nice slip. Mine has absorbed nicely, no flaking yet. Definitely can feel a firming, but not 'tight'. Can't wait to try it again after I get up. And although I'm off tomorrow so normally don't wear any makeup I'll put it on as I would a normal day to see how it behaves under my MMU & eye makeup.

Thank you so much for this recipe. I make a eye cream with ALA I like very much for night use. I'm stoked I may finally have a day 1 now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:56 am      Reply with quote
I admire all the DIY-witches ! (This is something i'm just not brave enough to, i'm worried that i'd do more harm than good...)
pls keep us informed.
FoxyMama1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
Thats a lot of potions and lotions...mm, mm - I will wait for more reviews - I am not that brave Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I'm NOT a DIY'er !!! It's the first time I've ever done this, although now, I have to admit that I'm tempted to do other things. I'm too happy with my IS Clinical stuff to mess with that, but VERY tempted to do things like add some actives to my body products....

Hey Candy - be sure to let us know if your alteration of my mix works for daytime...
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much, ladies. I've saved copies of these recipes and will give it a go as soon as I can get all the ingredients together.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Okay, now I want this. I am not much of a do it yourselfer I'm afraid. I think you should start a company katee, so all of us non diy can buy. Laughing
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Actually, I'm NOT a DIY'er !!! It's the first time I've ever done this, although now, I have to admit that I'm tempted to do other things. I'm too happy with my IS Clinical stuff to mess with that, but VERY tempted to do things like add some actives to my body products....

Hey Candy - be sure to let us know if your alteration of my mix works for daytime...

Was up very late last night, or would that be this morning (530). Headed to the shower now. But did wear it to bed, felt the firming, no tightness which I'm happy about. No flakies this morning, well...ok afternoon. I'm sending this to 2 others to try out as well. If they like it too I will finally be adding my skin care items to my web site. Dancing

Oh - I should also add I had bought some Kose masks (was recommended on an old thread here, and a few other places) made a salicylic mask. FINALLY, something that tightened the pores on my cheeks (albeit temporary).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:

Just warning ya now....the temptation grows. Probably 80% of the products I now use I make. But couldn't be happier with the results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Katee and Candy:

Can I use my Creme De La Mer as the base Cream? What am I going to do with my other eye creams? Cellcosmet, Valmont (2), Juvedical, Babor (2), Hormeta, Sampar, and,....., and,........, and,...........

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Katee and Candy:

Can I use my Creme De La Mer as the base Cream? What am I going to do with my other eye creams? Cellcosmet, Valmont (2), Juvedical, Babor (2), Hormeta, Sampar, and,....., and,........, and,...........

Thanks

Yes, you can. The problem with alot of skin care products is the actives well...aren't that active. That's the advantage of the DIY, you can make the % whatever you want.

You can still use the other eye creams. I did, took me awhile to use them up, I've juiced a few of mine up along the way while using them up too. All but the Cellcosmet...I save this one - I LOVE the scent!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Okey Dokey. It's a keeper. 'Put my face on' - as if a normal work day.

Katee's serum is da bomb. My tiny little revision made it absorb better, I think. Went on very smooth, perfect consistency for the eye. Applied it to the entire eye area. Soothing, no stinging (but I have rhino skin, I'm able to use Super Cop on my eyes). Once it dried/absorbed I could feel the tightening. Finished with applying my other stuff - couldn't help myself and added a little more before my final spritz of O2 spray.

Applied my makeup as normal. very nice. Smooth, no balling. I'm timing the 'firming effect' right now. Will also try adding more later on to see how/if it will work with makeup on.

Though I can 'feel' the tightening on my eye lid I can't say I notice any difference. My 'crows feet' have definitely smoothed out. Which is what I'm really excited about.

Katee - you weren't kidding about how much it made! This will take me forever to go thru. Just a little drop does both eyes. I split the finished product & put 1/2 in the fridge. I'm gonna break this up further to keep a 1/2 ounce bottle in the bathroom, the rest in the fridge.

Thank you so much for the recipe. It's a winner!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Candy and Katee, you both can start thinking of opening a store to sell your magic concoctions I would definitely buy from you girls. Laughing
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
How is your eye serum working? Haven't heard anythinh about it in awhile, so was just wandering. Very interested in it, but afraid to take the plunge and try to make it.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
i can't wait to try out your recipe!!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just posted the recipe recently but I've been using it for a long time now. I love it - I wake up with the area under my eyes so smooth. I've been meaning to take up Candy's suggestion so I can mix a batch for daytime use, but this is such a busy time of year. I'll get to it sooner or later though Wink
Wein
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious where do you laides get all the ingredients from!?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wein -

I got the ingredients from skinactives.com - it's a great site !
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
How is your eye serum working? Haven't heard anythinh about it in awhile, so was just wandering. Very interested in it, but afraid to take the plunge and try to make it.

Still loving it! 2x per day. Really smoothes out the crows feet - for me anyhow. Anyone else?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Wein wrote:
I'm curious where do you laides get all the ingredients from!?

www.skinactives.com

There are alot of sites to get actives from in a larger quantity & priced lower. My experiance so far is the quality has been top shelf from all the sources I use.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:22 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |