Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Vivier Vitamin-C IDS High Potency Serum 20%
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I have started using this over two years ago. It was my first time trying a Vit. C product and when I discovered this forum...it was hard for me to write a decent review because I have not tried a lot of different brands.

I have tried Cellex-C and found the texture to be watery and difficult to apply to my face. Then I tried Vivier, first starting with 5% for my eyes and 10% for my face. It was gradual and started applying it every three days, the every other day. Then I moved up to 20% and I could not believe the instant change in my pores, skin texture and just the brightness of my skin. I looked less tired and literally, looked younger and refreshed.

ISC Super Serum became very popular here and I had to try it. I loved it because it did not cause me to break out. I also tried Skinceuticals CE furlic and that made me get acne.

I was disappointed that ISC super serum turned colour after about a month and a half. I could not tell if my face looked even brighter then it already is.
When I finished the bottle, I went back to Vivier Vitamin-C IDS 20% and I noticed a huge difference.

The texture of this serum is thicker, made me panic when I thought there is oil in it but there isn't and leaves a nice glow. I can apply my Cellcosmet Ultra Vital cream or the Sensetive cream on top and I don't feel any heavy feeling on my skin. Then I apply my Skinceuticals sunblock and I'm done.

As for the fine lines I used to have on my crow feet, I no longer have them and I truly believe that Vivier was the product that smoothed it out. I think it also helped that I mixed Baking Soda with Cetaphil as a scrub for my face & body.

I am so happy with Vivier Vitamin C and I will repurchase again.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review! This is one of the products that I wanted to try for a long time.
Lara

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare,
Thanks for the review!! Vivier is on my list of Vit. C products to try. I have yet to find one that either didn't turn color after a month (even with proper storage) or one that had too much slip !! Would you mind posting the ingredients??

Thanks in advance!!!

Lisa

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
The word "slip" does that mean watery or oily?

It kind of feels like an oily serum and it leaves a sheen on your skin.

Here is the ingredients...
ethoxydiglycol
propylene glycol
purified water
l-ascorbic acid USP (vitamin C)
grapefruit extract
fragrance

I have never detected fragrance scent and I have to admit that this is the first time I have read the ingredients that I can remember. I am smelling the bottle right now and I can't smell anything.

Does the ingredient list look good?
dealated
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review skincare! Vivier is next on my list of C-serums to try. Oh and congrats on your on your one thousandth post Laughing Wink
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my!!! Dancing I did not notice! LOL that's great!
tina7006
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi. Does anyone know if Vivier Vitamin C can be used in place of Obagi? I'm using the Obagi Nuderm products currently. Thanks.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare, Happy 1000th!! I've also been using the Vivier C serum--the same one you reviewed and love the results as well. I hate to say it, but I think it replaces the PSF 20% C serum as my favorite (it's still a woman's right to change her mind, isn't it?! Rolling Eyes ) Although, I still consider PSF C serum a great product--I prefer it over Skinceuticals--I just love the way Vivier C made my skin look and feel. I just ordered my second bottle Very Happy

Tina, I'm not very familiar with the Obagi system, but I'm sure someone who is will chime in with an answer for you Smile
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
The word "slip" does that mean watery or oily?

It kind of feels like an oily serum and it leaves a sheen on your skin.

ethoxydiglycol
propylene glycol
purified water
grapefruit extract
fragrance

I have never detected fragrance scent and I have to admit that this is the first time I have read the ingredients that I can remember. I am smelling the bottle right now and I can't smell anything.

I understand the word "slip" to mean oily or slippery. Although a product does not necessarily have to contain an oil to FEEL that way. For example, glycerin if listed high enough in the ingredient listing can make a product feel as though it has "slip" to it. Another great example are silicones.

Thanks for posting the ingredients!! Because of my reactive type of skin I tend to avoid or at least try to avoid products that have fragrance. I really don't care for the first ingredient, ethoxydiglycol, this is mainly found in nail enamels and used as a solvent. Although it has low irritation levels in skincare, I am suspect as to why they put it in the serum. Obviously it is working well for you...so if it aint't broke don't fix it!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Thanks again for the review!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and Happy 1000 post as well!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I was told that Vivier and Obagi is the same company or maybe they use the same manufacturing company.

Thanks for the cheer of my 1000 post. Very Happy
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
ethoxydiglycol
propylene glycol
purified water
grapefruit extract
fragrance

Hi Skincare - I am so excited about trying this serum and am relieved to hear that you are loving your results - especially after 2 years! I am also thrilled that you have used other popular serums only to return to Vivier as you found it more effective!! <WOW!>

If I had any concerns at all about his product it would be the first ingredient listed - ethoxydiglycol. I noticed it while researching the Vivier/20% ingredients 3 days ago and am baffled by it. I do not understand what it does or why it would be listed first? Can anyone else explain it's purpose and high listing in the ingredients for me?

Other than this one concern, I am totally 'stoked' about trying this great sounding serum!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Good question and I have no idea what that means. I think their web-site is really good to responding to questions tho.

Please PM me once you find out.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Where can you find this product? I am also looking for a good effective C serum.

TIA,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Here, on EDS
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Can't buy it on-line from EDS anymore Confused
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Why not? I just bought mine last month
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I can't put it in my basket, it says visit spa to purchase.... Confused
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
yes, you are right...I think you can do a live chat with them or just call their toll free number. Sometimes it is good to talk to them. They may be interested to hear your skin type and may suggest another brand.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I still find it odd that they would do that...choice for c serums is certainly shrinking at EDS; first cellex-c (not for canada), then skinceuticals goes, now vivier. At least there's IS Clinical, but I like it when there is more choice, not less.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Your freaking me out. I like to buy it from EDS because it is cheaper then my local retailer.

Can you call EDS to make sure they are not discontinuing?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I'll e-mail them since they're closed now. My guess is that they only sell it at their spa. I'll be happy to check.Vancouver is a bit far for me so Vivier's not an option if that's the case.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:15 am      Reply with quote
marina, I think you have to log in first in order to see the price and add it to the cart. Wink And to my understanding, returning customers can buy products restricted to a certain country.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:10 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I'll e-mail them since they're closed now. My guess is that they only sell it at their spa. I'll be happy to check.Vancouver is a bit far for me so Vivier's not an option if that's the case.

Hi Marina - I called EDS on Friday about this very issue! I asked why does the website say, "visit the spa" for the Vivier products and was told that you DO NOT have to appear in person to purchase any of them. The manufacturer of Vivier wants people to call EDS and have any questions answered about the products before they purchase. It is only a formality and not a necessity. I was also told you can still order the Vivier products online (though I have not tried this yet). HTH Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Good question and I have no idea what that means. I think their web-site is really good to responding to questions tho.

Please PM me once you find out.

Will do!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |