Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
katee's eye potion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Ah..thanks! Very Happy

So it's more a serum consistency. That's what it looked like on the skin actives site.

Thank you hun! You've been VERY helpful in more ways than one Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
HMofG!

I just logged onto the skinactives web site for first time. What a gold mine of info.....Big thanks Candy

Don't know if I can handle all these new discoveries....first EDS now SkinActives...within a month. Am jumping for joy.

I sure hope everyone who has used their formulas have had success. Didn't read the whole thread here, just jumped to the site.

Do their recipes truly pan out or I guess pan 'in' is more appropriate.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
arya2 wrote:
HMofG!

I just logged onto the skinactives web site for first time. What a gold mine of info.....Big thanks Candy

Don't know if I can handle all these new discoveries....first EDS now SkinActives...within a month. Am jumping for joy.

I sure hope everyone who has used their formulas have had success. Didn't read the whole thread here, just jumped to the site.

Psssst....have you checked outwww.personalformulator.com yet? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Get down off that chair before you fall and hurt yourself, lol.

Use your common sense when you go to the SAS site. Though most are well-meaning, their a bit over enthusiastic. Which means they really mean well, but often their 'potions' aren't exactly what you want to duplicate. Often a good base to start from. I have alot of good notes on the actives they have there, PM me if you'd like a copy. It's not all inclusive nor 100% exact, but a far cry from the floundering (and wasting) I went thru when I found them.

Quick tip too on the SKBio. Fab stuff for your hair and as a mask or to 'seal' PM treatments. To use daytime it'll ball up on ya - as will any product they sell that has a high concentration of it. I still use the SKBio in my shampoo, mixed w/hair gels & when I do a homemade mask, love it. It has film forming properties that will prevent absorption of anything layered over it....despite what you'll read over there. Again - NOT bashing, I'm a SAS fan, not a FANatic though....

arya2 wrote:
HMofG!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme & candy:

Thanks for the feedback...yeah, I checked out thepersonalformulator on Sunday....oh geez, so much info, so little time, such a little face and body to practice on Neutral

Okay, so SAS doesn't make magic...what a relief. And here I was afraid that the HG might really exist and I'd missed it all these years. Now thatwould really make me fall off a chair or worse....

All you gals are so much fun Very Happy
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Since this thread has been brought back to life I thought I should 'update' the recipe from what you see below on my original post in August.

The Sea Kelp was dropped as after a few days use during the day did ball up BUT still loved it for PM use. I upped the Rose Distallate and Sodium PCA, it helped with the balling. I use this recipe still, exclusively in the PM as since I have been using my Eye'll Be Seeing You oil blend, I really am quite content with the result.

Candy8865 wrote:
Ok - I was far too impatient. This is what I came up with.

2.5 ozs Sea Kelp
2.5 ozs Marine Nutrient Serum (love the smell, reminds me of PSF O2 spray)
2 ozs Rose Distallate
Eyeliss
EGF
Chrysin
Coconut Endosperm
Dermagen
Sodium PCA
DMAE

I used the same weights of the actives you did Kate, just added the Sodium PCA, about half the tube (5mg, I think).

I dissolved the coconut and DMAE in the distallate (no coconuts were maimed in the process Wink ), a water base was definitely the way to go. Mixed the SK & MNS then added the other actives except for the EGF. Mixed well, added the distallate mix to the 1st mix, mixed it really well. When all seemed incorporated I added the EGF and gently folded it in.

I tried it right away...I liked it, still a little tiny bit grainy. Tried it again about an hour later, much better. I think by morning the grittyness will be gone. Have to hand it to ya Miss, you got a winner here. Feels FAB!! Smooth, nice slip. Mine has absorbed nicely, no flaking yet. Definitely can feel a firming, but not 'tight'. Can't wait to try it again after I get up. And although I'm off tomorrow so normally don't wear any makeup I'll put it on as I would a normal day to see how it behaves under my MMU & eye makeup.

Thank you so much for this recipe. I make a eye cream with ALA I like very much for night use. I'm stoked I may finally have a day 1 now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Truth is there really is no 'magic' persay, or should I say 1 magic potion for all. I think it comes down to knowing what your skin likes & responds to. THEN it's magic!!

arya2 wrote:
ariesxtreme & candy:

Thanks for the feedback...yeah, I checked out thepersonalformulator on Sunday....oh geez, so much info, so little time, such a little face and body to practice on Neutral

Okay, so SAS doesn't make magic...what a relief. And here I was afraid that the HG might really exist and I'd missed it all these years. Now thatwould really make me fall off a chair or worse....

All you gals are so much fun Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Candy:

Well said....
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Since this thread has been brought back to life I thought I should 'update' the recipe from what you see below on my original post in August.

The Sea Kelp was dropped as after a few days use during the day did ball up BUT still loved it for PM use. I upped the Rose Distallate and Sodium PCA, it helped with the balling. I use this recipe still, exclusively in the PM as since I have been using my Eye'll Be Seeing You oil blend, I really am quite content with the result.

Candy8865 wrote:

2.5 ozs Sea Kelp
2 ozs Rose Distallate
Eyeliss
EGF
Chrysin
Coconut Endosperm
Dermagen
Sodium PCA
DMAE

I used the same weights of the actives you did Kate, just added the Sodium PCA, about half the tube (5mg, I think).

I dissolved the coconut and DMAE in the distallate (no coconuts were maimed in the process Wink ), a water base was definitely the way to go. Mixed the SK & MNS then added the other actives except for the EGF. Mixed well, added the distallate mix to the 1st mix, mixed it really well. When all seemed incorporated I added the EGF and gently folded it in.

I tried it right away...I liked it, still a little tiny bit grainy. Tried it again about an hour later, much better. I think by morning the grittyness will be gone. Have to hand it to ya Miss, you got a winner here. Feels FAB!! Smooth, nice slip. Mine has absorbed nicely, no flaking yet. Definitely can feel a firming, but not 'tight'. Can't wait to try it again after I get up. And although I'm off tomorrow so normally don't wear any makeup I'll put it on as I would a normal day to see how it behaves under my MMU & eye makeup.

Thank you so much for this recipe. I make a eye cream with ALA I like very much for night use. I'm stoked I may finally have a day 1 now!

Candy thanks for the update, I'm about to make a batch perhaps this weekend and glad you mentioned the slight balling effect. I thought sea kelp was a watery serum like substance though. Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
The sea kelp bioferment looks like its a cream (or more accurately a gel....), but it liquifies other stuff. It's weird stuff but I have to say, I love it! Makes an absolutely awesome shampoo !
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
The sea kelp bioferment looks like its a cream (or more accurately a gel....), but it liquifies other stuff. It's weird stuff but I have to say, I love it! Makes an absolutely awesome shampoo !

Did someone say shampoo?? please expand & expound Smile
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
katee wrote:

Did someone say shampoo?? please expand & expound Smile

Yes, please tell! I am still searching for the right shampoo. I have to stick with baby shampoo for now since most shampoo made my hair either too dry or too oily...
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
Ahhhhh shampoo.... laughing

I'm very finicky about shampoo. I like the Terax line, but I get tired of it. There are other things out there that I like, but they're so damn expensive! I have long hair, I wash it everyday (cause I swim and work out, etc), and it was costing me a fortune! Soooo, I started to experiment. What I do now, most of the time, is this: I buy a gallon of the wheat protein conditioning shampoo (delicious mango citrus scent) or the Herb Complex conditioning shampoo (yummy coconut fragrance) fromwww.natural-formulations.com at a cost of about $15 (not bad for a gallon!!!). I mix in a jar of the aformentioned seakelp bioferment, and usually a little coconut endosperm and soy isoflavone if I happen to have them around (which I frequently do cause I use them in my body firming cream / lotion....

It makes an absolutely incredible shampoo! I'm warning you in advance though: it will make your hair grow like crazy! My bf adores the stuff. My older sis also is crazy about it, but she colors her hair and tells me she has to do it way more frequently because her hair grows so fast now. It's also a very good thing for her because she was on some meds that made her previously thick gorgeous mane thin considerably. This stuff has really thickened her hair back up!

I also mix the sea kelp bioferment into my conditioner. I don't usually use any kind of leave in product, but I have used it for this purpose too and its really great. Zero oiliness but maximum conditioning. I keep a small jar of it on hand with a yummy fragrance mixed in for this very purpose.

When I'm in a super ambitious mood (but I rarely have the time to do this), I also make a shampoo from scratch with the stuff as follows:

1/2 cup Sea Kelp Bioferment
1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel
1/3 cup Pure Honey
cocamidopropyl betaine (a surfectant)
1/4 tsp. Soy Isoflavones
1/8 tsp. L-Arginine
1/8 tsp. L-Carnitine
1/8 tsp. Nianicimide
1/8 tsp. Natural Active Peptides
1/4 tsp. Coconut Endosperm
Fragrance
Distilled water if I want to make it thinner
Germaben II (a preservative)

The stuff is beyond delicious!

Alternatively, I've also made a really nice shampoo with just distilled water, the sea kelp, cocamidopropyl betaine (the surfectant), fragrance and Germaben II.

Have fun ladies Wink
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Where do you get the time Confused ....thanks Katee. I'll add this to the recipe box..which now includes recipes for skincare more than food Embarassed I hate to cook anyways.. Where do you come up with these concoctions?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Frustrated Dr. Frankenstein Wink
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
OMG...seakelp, where have you been all my life?!?

Tightens the skin AND makes hair grow!!! Very Happy

I'm ordering some right now...tempted to dive into the kombu dashi I put in miso soup! Probably not nearly the same...I just can't wait!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:

Candy8865 wrote:

2.5 ozs Sea Kelp
2 ozs Rose Distallate
Eyeliss
EGF
Chrysin
Coconut Endosperm
Dermagen
Sodium PCA
DMAE

For those of us who do not want to make a bunch of this or too lazy to make our own, is there anyway you might have this cream already made and ready to buy on your website anytime soon? Smile
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Ahhhhh shampoo.... laughing

I'm very finicky about shampoo. I like the Terax line, but I get tired of it. There are other things out there that I like, but they're so damn expensive! I have long hair, I wash it everyday (cause I swim and work out, etc), and it was costing me a fortune! Soooo, I started to experiment. What I do now, most of the time, is this: I buy a gallon of the wheat protein conditioning shampoo (delicious mango citrus scent) or the Herb Complex conditioning shampoo (yummy coconut fragrance) fromwww.natural-formulations.com at a cost of about $15 (not bad for a gallon!!!). I mix in a jar of the aformentioned seakelp bioferment, and usually a little coconut endosperm and soy isoflavone if I happen to have them around (which I frequently do cause I use them in my body firming cream / lotion....

It makes an absolutely incredible shampoo! I'm warning you in advance though: it will make your hair grow like crazy! My bf adores the stuff. My older sis also is crazy about it, but she colors her hair and tells me she has to do it way more frequently because her hair grows so fast now. It's also a very good thing for her because she was on some meds that made her previously thick gorgeous mane thin considerably. This stuff has really thickened her hair back up!

I also mix the sea kelp bioferment into my conditioner. I don't usually use any kind of leave in product, but I have used it for this purpose too and its really great. Zero oiliness but maximum conditioning. I keep a small jar of it on hand with a yummy fragrance mixed in for this very purpose.

When I'm in a super ambitious mood (but I rarely have the time to do this), I also make a shampoo from scratch with the stuff as follows:

1/2 cup Sea Kelp Bioferment
1/4 cup Aloe Vera Gel
1/3 cup Pure Honey
cocamidopropyl betaine (a surfectant)
1/4 tsp. Soy Isoflavones
1/8 tsp. L-Arginine
1/8 tsp. L-Carnitine
1/8 tsp. Nianicimide
1/8 tsp. Natural Active Peptides
1/4 tsp. Coconut Endosperm
Fragrance
Distilled water if I want to make it thinner
Germaben II (a preservative)

The stuff is beyond delicious!

Alternatively, I've also made a really nice shampoo with just distilled water, the sea kelp, cocamidopropyl betaine (the surfectant), fragrance and Germaben II.

Have fun ladies Wink

Hi Katee. I am gathering all of the ingredients to create your eye potion & also want to give your shampoo concoction a whirl as well since I'll have a ton of bioferment once it comes in from AriesExtreme - YAY! Which shampoo do you think is more moisturizing, or better for dry,damaged,color treated hair? the wheat protein conditioning shampoo or the Herb Complex conditioning shampoo. Does one promote more hair growth more than the other? Also, how much Bioferment do you add to the shampoo? Is it a 1:1? TIA!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not entirely sure which of the two shampoo bases would serve you better. My hair isn't dry or damaged, so it's hard to know for sure. I think the wheat protein conditioning shampoo is richer though.

The best ratio I've found when I mix is 1:1, but you can play around with it. Even a 20% sea kelp component will give you results.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I was just curious. Since there will be so much of the product after mixing & will take forever to finish as just an eye cream, could you just the formula for your entire face?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
It's a little rich for that, I would think. Plus, many of the actives are specifically intended for use around the eye. I suppose you could try it out if you were so inclined....
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Katee,

please, forgive me for being a pest.
Somewhere I had seen that you are also adding it to the conditioner. Do you use a conditioner on a daily basis and which conditioner do you like?

TIA,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have added it to my conditioner. When I do, though, I add much less. As for which conditioner I like....lol. This is one area where I'm still an unrepentant slut. I favored Terax crema for a long time, but I tend to flit around.

Right now I'm using this stuff by Phillip B which is a spray on detangler (that you leave in). It has the distinct smell of apple cider vinegar. Makes my hair very shiney without silicones, which I appreciate.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
And you add sea kelp ferment to it also?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
No, not to the Phillip B.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |