Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What has made the most dramatic difference on your skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I have very deep 11 lines and horizontal forehead lines - does anyone know if Frownies can help smooth out deeper lines, or are they more preventative?
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
They can help with smoothing too, fifi.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
Rufus, Frownies are super-easy to use. They're great. You can find them at drugstore.com. - And a thousand other places. They are completely responsible for keeping me from having forehead 11's because I started using them at the first sign.

Thanks for the info I'll look into it. Razz
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:35 am      Reply with quote
The thing that made the biggest difference in my skin was when I stopped washing it with soap and/or cleansers and just switched to using water and a cloth. My skin adjusted through this for about a week and then it started looking better than ever before.

Decleor products also made a positive difference in helping any redness.

I'm 43 years old and IMO, my skin looks the best it has ever looked. (Let's hope I don't get struck by lightning or a case of severe acne after putting that in print. Laughing )

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm interested, Mammamia. Do you wear makeup? How do you get things off your face(like hair conditioner, etc)?
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
~ a great cleanser with lower ph, and no detergents -
(diana yvonnes rosehip seed cleanser)

~ supplements that include vit c, msm, efa's and borage oil.

~ increased water intake

and the big three:
~ skin biologies copper peptides
~ emu oil
~ hydroxy acids
Sc4r1ett
5% products discount

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone! Just joined this forum so hello to everyone from Wiltshire, England!

I too have switched to just using a washcloth and Evian water to cleanse (nuked in the microwave for 30 secs) it really does remove make up - try it!!

Scarlett
x
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
The best thing for my skin is a really hard two hour work-out in the gym, especially if I haven't had much sleep the night before. Unfortunately I don't always have the time, or the inclination, to do this every day.

A work-out, followed by Valmont Renewing Pack, and I look (and feel) way better. I always try to do this before a big night out.

appletini,

my thoughts EXACTLY! I never feel more pretty, and makeup never looks better on me, than after a hard workout at the gym plus renewing pack (or Osea white algae mask--same results for me).

Retinol creams have made the most difference in my skin, overall in the past couple of years. I used to use tanning cream to mask what I thought was my drab complexion, but now it shines on its own...

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Tosca,
Actually, I don't wear a lot of makeup so maybe this is why this method seems to work best for me. I've mentioned this on the board before so excuse my repeating it but I started this a few years ago when I asked a woman who had the most gorgeous skin what she her routine was. She told me that she only used water to wash her skin and that was it. She also told me that it sounds strange and to stick it out for a week or two to see a change. I did and as my skin improved so much, I've never looked back.

To answer your question, on the days I do wear mascara or something, I'll wipe my eyes with either a Decleor or LRP makeup remover before going to bed.

Generally, I wash the shampoos, conditioners, etc. off of my face in the shower with a cloth after I've rinsed my out my hair. I also like to do a salt scrub or just exfoliate with a cloth on my body after shampooing and conditioning to get any residue off of my body.

Hope that answers your questions. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Mammamia wrote:
Hi Tosca,
Actually, I don't wear a lot of makeup so maybe this is why this method seems to work best for me. I've mentioned this on the board before so excuse my repeating it but I started this a few years ago when I asked a woman who had the most gorgeous skin what she her routine was. She told me that she only used water to wash her skin and that was it. She also told me that it sounds strange and to stick it out for a week or two to see a change. I did and as my skin improved so much, I've never looked back.

To answer your question, on the days I do wear mascara or something, I'll wipe my eyes with either a Decleor or LRP makeup remover before going to bed.

Generally, I wash the shampoos, conditioners, etc. off of my face in the shower with a cloth after I've rinsed my out my hair. I also like to do a salt scrub or just exfoliate with a cloth on my body after shampooing and conditioning to get any residue off of my body.

Hope that answers your questions. Smile

It does. Thanks! I might have to give this a try. I just ordered new cleanser, though. Confused
swirlingblklily

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Obagi + Retin-A has made the biggest difference in my skin. Nothing else has given me such noticeable results in such a short period of time.
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Accutane.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Sc4r1ett wrote:
Hi Everyone! Just joined this forum so hello to everyone from Wiltshire, England!
Scarlett
x

Welcome to the board Scarlett! Razz
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome Sc4rlett!!
milliefromphillie

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Started using Vit C and DMAE at the same time - very good results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hiya, Scarlett!

Most dramatic difference in a very short time--Candy's 6% DMAE (amazing tightening) and, now the Triple C Serum. That's amazing stuff. It's the 4th day and this old broad has something approaching photoluminosity going on. Seriously, when I use the Triple C, my face has a dewy almost childlike glow. Not shiny, a glow that seems to come from just below the surface.

Of my absolute favorite 5 products, Candy has provided 3 of them--6% DMAE, Triple C Serum and the Exfoliating Cleansing Butter in the Bergamot Mandarin scent.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
and the Exfoliating Cleansing Butter in the Bergamot Mandarin scent.

Ari

thanks for posting this. I've been eyeing the bergamot mandarin scent ... now I'll go ahead and order.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle, what are your other 2 favorite products? So far for me the only true product that has made any difference in my skin is the ISC Super Serum.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Riley

After spending $$$$ dollars on skin care in the past 40 years, it's really hard for anything to impress me very much. I have a number of favorites for different things. But, the top 5 are:

1. Sea Kelp Bioferment (Skin Actives) which is the base for all my DIY from Shampoo to cleanser to hair gel.

2. Candessence Ultra Triple Vitamin C.

3. Candessence 6% DMAE which is sooo much better than my own 4% (planning to try the Matrixyl 3000 firming, soon)

4. This is a twofer: Niacinamide/Glutathione for lightening dark spots and scars.

5. Candessence Exfoliating Cleansing Butter in the Bergamot Mandarin scent.

And, Honorable mentions to round out the top 10 are:

6. MaMa Lotion
7. Skincubed Eye Cream (adds a little extra umph to the DMAE Serum).
8. Everyday Minerals mineral makeup for that rare occasion I do wear foundation.
9. Prescriptives Camouflage Cream for spot concealing when I don't want to wear full foundation. This stuff just blends in, covers invisibly.
10. Mehandi Cassia Obovata (aka Neutral Henna) for hair and scalp conditioning and adding thickness, volume and gloss to my baby fine very thin hair.

Whew!

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing Arielle. I so know what you mean about all the money and not being impressed! How is the twofer (#4) working for you with lightening dark spots? I am curious about this combination. (Love the seakelp too, just got my 8 oz today!)
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
The sea kelp takes a bit of getting used to. But, once you do, it's addictive.

The niacinamide/glucosamine (that's what I really meant, not glutathione) combo is the best thing I've seen so far for fading dark spots. I also think that the fact that I've become a heavy user of ascorbic acid, etc. has boosted the combo.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Arielle. I love the seakelp. I started using it about 1 year ago! What is the product with the niacinamide/glucosamine that you use or do you make one yourself? I would love to fade my freckles more!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
May I ask where you purchased the niacinamide/glucosamine combo? Prior to that, did you try the kojic acid for skin lightening?
Thanks much!
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, lafemme

I purchase the niacinamide, glucosamine, kojic acid (yes, i used it but the niacinamide/glucosamine combo is better), white licorice, in fact almost all my actives from Skin Actives Scientific (www.skinactives.com ). Other sources I use arewww.bulkactives.com ,www.theherbarie.com andwww.gardenofwisdom.com for actives SAS doesn't carry.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle, do you have a recipe that you follow for the niacinamide and glucosamine, and if so, could you please share it! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |