Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Recommendations wanted
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mommy24

Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I am a new member and am excited about not only getting a little advice, but also getting some experience so that I may be helpful in the future.

I am 35(soon to be 36) and have had horrible skin care regime. I have spurts of greatness where I am a good girl and have used several products (most recently Cellex-C). I am looking for some advice on the skin care line that has the best results. I have normal to dry skin with fine lines around the eyes, frown lines and ofcourse smile lines as well. My bio. mother looks about 20 years older than she is and has deep wrinkles. I am hopping that it is not heriditary however would like to head it off if it is. I emailed the anesth. at essentialspas and she recommended either the cellcosmet line or the Dermalogica line. Big price difference, but I'll pay it if the results are worth it. Any one out there have any input?? Thanks again!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to this forum Mommy 24. We're a nice big family, here, and we are all trying to help each other out. We have the same concerns about having good skin care.

I don't know if I have the right answer for you. Both Magda and Caspers Mum are the experts.

This is what I can offer. I just turned 50. I have extremely dry skin but not that many wrinkles yet. My mother is 79 yrs. old and she has to get carded because no one believes she's a seniors citizen! No wrinkles on my mom.

However, I have sensitive, allergic skin so I have to be careful with products and what works for most people does not work for me. I just put in an order for some products from the Valmont skin care line (yes, one of the most expensive lines) but I'm like you. If it works, I'll pay the price. I'll let everyone know what that line is like when I get my order.

Barbara Portno (from this forum) has raved about the Cellcosmet line. She says it has given her beautiful skin, so maybe she can give you more advice. I've also heard wonderfuld things about Dermalogica but I have to say, personally, it did not do too much for my. However, I'm the one with finicky skin.

I know this doesn't help you. But maybe it's just a start. There are really wonderful people on this forum like Mabsy, Leiladao, Sable etc. who will help you. So, you will get help from this board. I hope you enjoy being on this forum.
Mabsy

Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 26 so I can't really tell you anything about any products which reduce frown lines etc but I can continue to rave about Dermalogica Microfoliant Very Happy

It's a gentle exfoliating powder which you are supposed to use daily after your cleansing step. You put some powder in wet hands, rub them together and then massage on your face for one minute. It leaves skin SO smooth and evens out your complexion.

I think you need a good exfoliating routine (be it the Microfoliant or not) because having fresh exfoliated skin allows whatever product you're putting on afterwards to do its job more effectively.

Sorry to continue to rave about Microfoliant so much, you must all be sick of me talking about it by now but I TRULLY love this product.

As an aside, have you considered using a vitamin C serum at all? My mum is using the Skinceuticals Serum 10 and says the texture of her skin has improved a lot (she's in her mid 50s).
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Mommy24!

I don't have wrinkles yet to deal with, although blackheads, whiteheads,...( and all kind of blemishes I have no name for them...) are bothering me enough to very soon one day I will see my first wrinkles...:P

My Mom is 45 and has typical pale Irish skin, to me she still looks flawless with just some very fine lines under her eyes and around her mouth. She's a very happy woman and loves to smile.

I also have five aunts ( my dad's sisters) whose ages range from early 30' to 50' and still look very young for their age ( as most Asian women are).

It runs in the blood of both sides of my family that they know how to take good care of their skin. And since the day I discovered EDS, all their skin cares are from this best spa.

Now, before you are falling asleep with my tales, I just want to list some of their favorite skin ptds I ordered for them from EDS. Hope this one will give you a little insight on your decision of what to order Very Happy

-For cleansing ( the important step to purify and prepare your skin): Peter Thomas Roth ,Dermalogica, MD Formulations cleansers
and scrubs and masks.

-For treatments: Jan Marini C-Esta for wrinkles and Skinceutical Phyto+ for pigmentations.

-For intensive eye treatment: Cellex-C and Cellcosmet.

-For sun protection: Peter Thomas Roth and MD Formulations.

-For after sun treatment: Dermalogica

They also invest their money on good make up ptds, too. After all those hard works of skin maintenance they never want to ruin their skin on less effective lines. And their favorite foundations and concealers come from Jane Iredale, Dermalogica or Bare Escentuals.

I'm sorry that I am not very sure which one is the best ( all of us are still searching for one). Just hope this lengthy list will help you a little!Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu May 02, 2024 12:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |