Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Help! Vitamin C Causing Blackheads?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
svunt1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I got black/whiteheads when I used Vit C serum too. I tried Emergin-C and PSF, I gave up pretty much after that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have now officially given up on vit c Crying or Very sad The L ascorbic acid kind anyway. Im going back to a MAP based one I think. Ive always had good results with them, a nice glow. L ascorbic makes me feel parched and i noticed little red dots appear Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
This thread has made me wondering also.....

Its been just 2 weeks back that I made my own C serum and was very happy to incorporate this in my routine after reading such an incredible review of vitamin C serum...

Now my head is spinning and m just wondering what to do... Rolling Eyes

I made serum with rose water and distilled water wondering if this can clog pores and lead to black head.....

I am 29 years old extreme sensitive skin ,have pimples and dry skin at same time and so many blemishes after incorporating vit c i was hoping good for me but now m just wondering....Any advise

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Maybe the C oxidizes in the pores?

Thanks Yogi, "oxidizes" is more of the term I was looking for. I wonder if this is what is going on............

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Chrissie wrote:
yogi wrote:

Thanks Yogi, "oxidizes" is more of the term I was looking for. I wonder if this is what is going on............

This is a very interesting line of thought! I would be inclined to believe that if this were what is happening it would be that somehow the C is causing the sebum in the pore to be oxidized because isn't this what a blackhead is-oxidized sebum?

If this is what is going on then I think we need to ask why it happens to some but not to others.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaL wrote:
Chrissie wrote:
yogi wrote:

This is a very interesting line of thought! I would be inclined to believe that if this were what is happening it would be that somehow the C is causing the sebum in the pore to be oxidized because isn't this what a blackhead is-oxidized sebum?

If this is what is going on then I think we need to ask why it happens to some but not to others.

Maybe this is a naive question, but I'd also like to know - why do we get blackheads in one area, but not another? In my case, blackheads are mostly a problem on my nose yet the pores on other parts of my face are larger...? hmm

montrealgal
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:22 am      Reply with quote
I also cannot use Vitamin C serums.

I already have dry type skin and the C further dries my skin, causing blackheads. For me it doesn't make sense to use the C with other hydrating products as it seems counterproductive.

What I do is to take vitamin C internally on a daily basis, morning and night. I also use other antioxidant type products on my skin so I can have the surface benefits as well.

One of my favorite antioxidant products is the Blueberry Fusion mask by Ice Elements. Blueberries are very high on the antioxidant list and this mask is full of them! In addition to the antioxidant properties it also hydrates, brightens the skin and has a light lifting effect.

I use mine from 1 - 3 times a week, often applying it before I jump in the shower... Since it can be used from 10 minutes to an hour +, using it in the shower is a quick and easy way for me to get the effects of the mask... and my face really feels good when I use it.

I also recently saw a DIY blueberry mask recipe in a magazine that might be worth a whirl... It involved steaming and then crushing fresh blueberries and adding them to sour cream and applying. I have never tried this one so I am not sure how well it works... I can pull out the magazine later on for measurements of the ingredients if anyone is interested.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy wrote:

One of my favorite antioxidant products is the Blueberry Fusion mask by Ice Elements. Blueberries are very high on the antioxidant list and this mask is full of them! In addition to the antioxidant properties it also hydrates, brightens the skin and has a light lifting effect.

i was allergic to the blueberry mask, thank god i did a test before using it on my face cos the second i applied it, it stung and itched my skin like hell and i had to wash it off right away...it was a such a shame

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:58 am      Reply with quote
That is a shame, yeahyeah... It is such a nice mask... but certainly not if you are allergic!!! Shock

Do you happen to know which ingredient or ingredients you are allergic to? If you do, you may be able to whip up something at home that will give you some of the benefits of the mask without all of the nasty side effects.

If it is the blueberries, then maybe a different type of fruit mask? The natural fruit sugars seem to be very beneficial and there are are a variety of fruits that will give you some sort of antioxidant boost.

Good luck!
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:45 am      Reply with quote
thanks bosoxy,
my skin is weird Mad so am not sure what im allergic to. i dont think its the blueberries cos i can eat them fine.
but the mask does sound nice, smells gorgeous too! but shame i had to sell it dirt cheap on ebay Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
montrealgal wrote:

Maybe this is a naive question, but I'd also like to know - why do we get blackheads in one area, but not another? In my case, blackheads are mostly a problem on my nose yet the pores on other parts of my face are larger...? hmm

montrealgal

I don't think that is a naive question at all! Wink I would love to know why this is the case too.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for all of the advice, I am glad to know that others have experienced similar problems. I have been away on a great trip to Anguilla with no access to email. I must say, I really didn't stick to my skin care routine but I was religious with the sunscreen. It is the first time I didn't tan.

I haven't noticed anymore blackheads on my cheeks.
I will keep using Candy's C for a bit more and see how it goes. If there is no improvement I am going to try Vivier.

I also will avoid putting it on my nose and chin and see if I get any improvement.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
VMP40 wrote:
I have been away on a great trip to Anguilla with no access to email. I must say, I really didn't stick to my skin care routine but I was religious with the sunscreen. It is the first time I didn't tan.

VMP40 what sunscreen did you use? And how often did you reapply?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I only can used vit.c on my nose Sad
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm behind in my EDSing <sigh>...

TheresaL wrote:
montrealgal wrote:

montrealgal

I don't think that is a naive question at all! Wink I would love to know why this is the case too.

Thanks, Theresa Smile Now we just need a dermatologist on the forum!

Lotus -- that funny Laughing I'm trying to *avoid* putting vitamin C serum on my nose! I keep forgetting though, out of habit. I tried to skip the C serum completely, but I like what it does for my skin in general. Still not sure about whether it causes more blackheads on my nose, or if it's contributing to some clogged pores...

montrealgal
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Bosoxy wrote:

I also recently saw a DIY blueberry mask recipe in a magazine that might be worth a whirl... It involved steaming and then crushing fresh blueberries and adding them to sour cream and applying. I have never tried this one so I am not sure how well it works... I can pull out the magazine later on for measurements of the ingredients if anyone is interested.

Take care.
Bosoxy.

Yes please Pray. I'd love to try that recipe.
Thx!. R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
VMP40 wrote:
Thanks everyone for all of the advice, I am glad to know that others have experienced similar problems. I have been away on a great trip to Anguilla with no access to email. I must say, I really didn't stick to my skin care routine but I was religious with the sunscreen. It is the first time I didn't tan.

I haven't noticed anymore blackheads on my cheeks.
I will keep using Candy's C for a bit more and see how it goes. If there is no improvement I am going to try Vivier.

I also will avoid putting it on my nose and chin and see if I get any improvement.

Vivier serum 20 is the best of Vitamin C. I love it.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I switched to the Vivier Kine C -- it has only been a few days but my skin seems better -- no blackheads on my cheeks.

I am going to finish Candy's Triple C on my neck, chest and hands.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I also like the Vivier Kine-C which I sampled. I had a couple of small sample bottles, which I was able to get a long run with. Since EDS was out of it, I bought Cellex C on the Canadian shopping channel because it was such a great deal...I am as disappointed and unimpressed with it now, as I was a few years ago.
I have found my skin does not look as good, and I have been getting the odd break-out.
You have all contributed a lot of good comments, and the only thing I can add is that if the vit.c is causing problems, it may just be that your skin isn't sloughing enough on it's own, and perhaps some extra exfoliation is needed.
I have added some gentle cleansing grains to my routine ,and this has helped.
All I can say is that I can't wait to use up the Cellex C , and move on to a Viviier serum!!!!
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Bosoxy wrote:

Take care.
Bosoxy.

Yes please Pray. I'd love to try that recipe.
Thx!. R. Smile

I had to look for this one!!!!

You will need:

1 cup blueberries
1/2 cup sour cream.

Steam the blueberries.
Crush them.
Mix them with 1/2 cup sour cream.
Chill the mixture until cool.
Apply as you like - face, neck, chest, hands
Leave on for 10 minutes then rinse with cool water.

This should protect and purify your skin. It may brighten it up a bit too.

Enjoy!
Bosoxy.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |