Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: I LOVE St Tropez Bronzing foam!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Two days ago I exfoliated really well and then rubbed this very lightly all over my body and face, and the tan came out so beautiful and natural--no streaks, totally even, like I'd spent the weekend at the beach.

I love this stuff, and I totally recommend it. It's fabulous, and gives a natural color, and is no mess. I'd recommend applying it in the morning on a weekend day, and washing it off 5-7 hours later for best results, that way you do not stain your sheets with it.

St Tropez bronzing foam on the face is amazing, too--I'm paler than pale right now and it just gave me a noticeable glow that I didn't even realize I'd been missing until now! On my body it turned me exactly the nice color I get when I tan--not even a whiff of orange...

Also, one application lasts for about a week and doesn't rub off. Just wanted to pass this review on for those who have not tried it yet, because it's the greatest, and EDS carries it!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse (4 oz)
St. Tropez Whipped Bronze Mousse (4 oz)

This self-adjusting mousse is oil free and complements your skin tone, while your tan deepens over 3 hours - all without the damaging effects of the sun. Aloe leaf juice and AHA (fruit acid) allows for the richest, longest lasting tan possible. Like all St. Tropez products, Whipped Bronze has a pleasant fragrance and is ideal for the entire body, including the face.

Replaced by {{13079}}.

Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
I agree - this is a product I can always rely of for a streak free, natural looking tan.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Avalange, is this the mousse you're talking about? http://www.essentialdayspa.com/st-tropez-whipped-bronze-p_757.htm

I'm fair and don't really tan. You said you're pale but you do tan. Do you think it would work for me?

The only self-tanner I've liked so far is Aveeno's lotion one. Most have a hideous smell. What does this one smell like (if it does)?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange, Yeah, what about the smell? Most smell like burnt sugar - ptooey! Razz
How many applications does it take to get a golden glow going? My hairstylist swears by this stuff and she looks naturally tan year round, not fake-bake at all.
Inquiring minds want to know....
fawnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Dear Fawnie and Others:

It only takes one, thin application to get a pretty noticeable tan. I applied it three days ago, and when I went to see a friend of mine for dinner last night, she exclaimed, "Where did you manage to get such a nice tan?" and I confessed to her that it was bottled. She couldn't believe it!

It does not just give you, however, a "golden glow," but I think reacts with the melanin in your skin to turn you the color you would naturally turn if you got sun. At least this is true for me: I get nut brown, and this gives me a bronze-y glow.

It is indeed the product called "Whipped bronze." As far as the smell goes, it is the lightest I've come across thus far. There are hints of the self-tan scent we are all used to, but only hints. And this is coming from someone who had to wash off other tanning creams immediately upon application because I could not handle the scent at ALL!

HTH!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone compared this to Savage Bronze foam/mousse? I love SB but now I'm curious as to how the two compare. Great review Avalange!

Also, does anyone know how long these tanners are good for. I don't mean what the manufacturer recommends (6 months I think), I mean REALLY how long do they last? I don't use them often enough to go through a bottle in 6 months and then have all of these half used bottles sitting there through the winter months. I'm going to try my SB from last summer and see how it goes but I want to make sure no one has turned oompa loompa after using one older than 6 months. Laughing
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
haven't tried the foam (don't really like foams because they dry too quick) but the color on st. tropez is relaly the best there is. i used it when i got married.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
heheh. Gotta love that: "turned oompah loompah"! Laughing Laughing Great visual there TAMgirl, but I do know exactly what you mean! PerfectTan by PerfectComplexion got some raves, but on me: OOMPAH LOOMPAH! haha Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Just one more bit of praise for St Tropez bronzing foam--I applied it on May 18th, and there has been absolutely NO evidence of flaking, peeling, or color coming off of my skin whatsoever. Th color hasn't 'oxidized' either. It just fades rather elegantly, and it hasn't even really faded yet. I've been dry brushing daily and applying body oil so I was quite surprised about this fact. Talk about longevity! I love it!

--avalange

Luce

Sat May 26, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was searching the internet for reviews of the foam and last night I found this website. So I went and bought some today. I've just applied it, it was so easy to do. I can't wait to wash it off in the morning and see what it looks like Very Happy
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
avalange, did you use this on your face too? If not, do you think it's ok to use there? TIA Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds really nice. I have paler than pale skin and haven't found a self tanner yet that isn't streaky or smells so bad going on. I think I might give this stuff a try with my next order, otherwise my legs will never see the light of day! Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 3:03 am      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
avalange, did you use this on your face too? If not, do you think it's ok to use there? TIA Smile

I've always used it on my face, it is very natural... And I haven't really experienced any issues with it, even when using retinoids. I just make sure to exfoliate my body with dry brushing every day, and I use cotton pads and mineral water to clean the skin on my face, so a light exfoliation there too. hth!

just wanted to clarify one little thing, however--i may be pale right now, but i tan very easily and have never burned (olive skin), so those of you who are very peachy or very pale with bluish undertones may want to patch test the color first. on me, it turns me exactly the color i would turn if i were to sit out in the sun, which is important for me because most self tanners do turn me some unnatural golden or orangey shade that smacks of artificiality. but st tropez has never done me wrong!

--avalange

ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Sundew wrote:

I've always used it on my face, it is very natural... And I haven't really experienced any issues with it, even when using retinoids. I just make sure to exfoliate my body with dry brushing every day, and I use cotton pads and mineral water to clean the skin on my face, so a light exfoliation there too. hth!

just wanted to clarify one little thing, however--i may be pale right now, but i tan very easily and have never burned (olive skin), so those of you who are very peachy or very pale with bluish undertones may want to patch test the color first. on me, it turns me exactly the color i would turn if i were to sit out in the sun, which is important for me because most self tanners do turn me some unnatural golden or orangey shade that smacks of artificiality. but st tropez has never done me wrong!

--avalange

Thanks for the great view, avalange! I am fair with peachy/pink undertones so it's possible I may not get the same great results that you did. Of course I'll never know until I try it, so I'm willing to give this a whirl as any color on my legs has got be better than the neon white they are at the moment! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
I just received mine today. Step one says to use their body polisher but I plan to just exfoliate first. Step 2 says to use their body moisturizer on dry areas first, i.e. hairline, elbows, hands, knees, ankles and feet. Do you have to do this step?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
I just received mine today. Step one says to use their body polisher but I plan to just exfoliate first. Step 2 says to use their body moisturizer on dry areas first, i.e. hairline, elbows, hands, knees, ankles and feet. Do you have to do this step?

Frodo,

Did you get the foam or the cream? Just make sure to exfoliate REALLY well, and apply the product less intensely over those areas. I do usually put a bit of body moisturizer on any any that is either calloused or dry. It thins the product out.

BUT with the foam, it's more foolproof.

Also, make sure your skin is completely dry. That way, you can really see whether or not you have dry patches, and the product is less likely to streak or be patchy.

Let us know your results!

--avalange

Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks avalange for the tips. I bought the Mousse. I will put some moisturizer on places that are dry, and plan on putting gloves on when I use the product. One more question though, how do you do your hands without getting color on your nails as that area you can't have gloves on?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just got this last week with my order. I tried it for the first time today and I have to say ... nice so far and very minimal scent. However, for the life of me I can't get any self-tanner to go on smoothly! I exfoliated this morning and tried to make sure I kept it light over any dry areas, but it's like when I rub it in, I'm not very even with my application I don't think. I seem to get areas with hardly any colour and then next to it will be a big blotch of alot of colour. Is it just a matter of trial and error and I'll get better with time? Or am I just a self-tanner klutz? Smile I think next time I need to apply with gloves though because even though I would apply to one lower leg and then wash my hands, do the next section, wash, etc., etc. My main application hand is still a little darker from the tanner. Does using gloves still work well?

BTW ... I do like the colour it's turned. Not orangey at all ... I think once I get the application thing down I'm really going to love this stuff! Thanks for the rec!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moonstarr!

Even though the application is not very even and looks like it might streak, when you take a shower it will all wash away and leave a perfect tan. Just try to make it as even as possible, and stay in for the duration of your application until you wash it off... hth!

--avalange

Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Hi Moonstarr!

Even though the application is not very even and looks like it might streak, when you take a shower it will all wash away and leave a perfect tan. Just try to make it as even as possible, and stay in for the duration of your application until you wash it off... hth!

--avalange

You're totally right. When I did take a shower, the colour ended up being beautiful! Nice and natural. I had put two coats on trying to get the coverage even and by then it was looking really dark and unnatural (on me ... since I'm super pale), but after the shower it made a huge difference. Love it! Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have this product (yet!) but have heard from others that application is better using a velvet puff, something like this which can usually be found in a local pharmacy/beauty store:
Studio Basics Deluxe Body Puff
http://www.parispresents.com/sbcat.asp?BRID=8&CAID=37
A luxurious cotton velour puff is the perfect professional tool for an all-over dusting of your favorite body powder or talc.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
avalange wrote:
Hi Moonstarr!

--avalange

You're totally right. When I did take a shower, the colour ended up being beautiful! Nice and natural. I had put two coats on trying to get the coverage even and by then it was looking really dark and unnatural (on me ... since I'm super pale), but after the shower it made a huge difference. Love it! Smile

So glad, Moonstarr!

I'm such a happy camper, too. I've been pretty lazy about re-application, and dry brushing every day and not necessarily staying moisturized, and had absolutely not one problem with irregular fading, discoloration, or peeling and oxidation. fades just like a regular tan. fantastic!

--avalange

lcd
5% products discount

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
The colour St.Tropez gives is the most natural and real looking one available. Ive tried all self tanners and this one is definitely the best. Even in pictures the colour doesnt look orange Very Happy Even the non foaming products are easy to use and streak free.
Great product.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Thanks avalange for the tips. I bought the Mousse. I will put some moisturizer on places that are dry, and plan on putting gloves on when I use the product. One more question though, how do you do your hands without getting color on your nails as that area you can't have gloves on?

TIA

Hi Frodo,

I didn't see this post before now! Here is what I do. I use plastic gloves for my whole body, and then when I'm done covering my body, I wash the gloves (still on my hands) with warm water and soap. Then I take them off, and put a little bit of foam on the inside of my wrist, and I rub both wrists together. The, a bit of foam on the back of my hand, and rub both hands together. I generally avoid the tips of my fingers, and go very lightly on my hands, since those tend to be a little tanner anyway. Finally, I just make sure that it is evenly and lightly applied by rubbing the tops of my wrists against my inner wrists, etc. Until it is all rubbed in and doesn't look streaky. hth!

--avalange

rkai93
5% products discount

Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
the trick - i have found with self tanner - is you apply your body lotion first. It helps even out your skin surface and takes care of any dry parts. try it! I haven't found that it wears off quicker becuase of it
But i agree:

i flew to vegas and had the bottle in my overnight bag - they confiscated it (practically full!) and i seriously almost cried
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |