Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Silken Pearl Cleansing Balm
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
MichelleH
5% products discount

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Mary's Cleansing Balm for a few weeks now and I have to say it is the best face cleanser I think I've ever used! (sorry Markey!) I was a little skeptical at first because the texture seems very heavy but my skin absolutely LOVES it! As a matter of fact I ran out for a few days and I could really tell a difference.

The texture as I said is creamy and like using a creamy lip balm. You use a little - like maybe the size of a blueberry - and massage it in, in little circles. Then you add a little water to emulsify and then wipe off completely with warm or hot water and a washcloth. It looks greasy when you smooth it on and there is no foaming either. There is no really discernible fragrance to it, but it's still pleasant!

It just makes my skin feel so incredibly soft and clean!! Another winner from Silken Pearl/Mary!

Michelle
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review Michelle... I recently stocked up on Silken Pearl products and can't wait to try them!

Does this cleanser remove makeup, is it safe to use around the eyes? I still have to remove my makeup prior to cleansing, always looking for one product that'll do it all Very Happy

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
MichelleH
5% products discount

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Thanks for the review Michelle... I recently stocked up on Silken Pearl products and can't wait to try them!

Does this cleanser remove makeup, is it safe to use around the eyes? I still have to remove my makeup prior to cleansing, always looking for one product that'll do it all Very Happy

Yep, one step. I love that. I use it all over, including around my eyes and have had no problems at all and I usually wash with my contacts in, which makes them a lot more sensitive.

M~
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Michelle!

Thanks a for a great review. Do you have the ingredients for the cleansing balm? I looked on Mary's site but can't seem to find them.

~K

5% products discount

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi Michelle!

Thanks a for a great review. Do you have the ingredients for the cleansing balm? I looked on Mary's site but can't seem to find them.

~K

Hey Kristen,

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you! I've been working on my 4 year olds birthday party all week. The ingredients aren't on my container. They are usually on the little paper that has the directions on it and I looked for it but I think I threw it away. I don't usually pay too much attention to the ingredients! Embarassed

Michelle
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
i cant wait to try this too, thanks michelle for the great review

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
If anybody has the ingredients list pls post it.

(In usual, I pay very much attention to the ingredients!)
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Ingredients: Silken Pearl Cleansing Balm grapeseed (and) soy (and) castor oil, sulfonated castor oil, cocoamide DEA, proprietary blend of pearl powder, silk powder & distilled water (and) hydrosol, potassium cocoate, potassium palmate, glycerin, germall plus

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks Athena !
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Yes thank you Athena!

Michelle--I don't need another cleanser and was determined not to buy cleanser anymore but I think your review has swayed me!

K

5% products discount

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Yes thank you Athena!

Michelle--I don't need another cleanser and was determined not to buy cleanser anymore but I think your review has swayed me!

K

Always happy to enable! Wink

M~
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |