Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream Light
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I've subscribed to the Saffron Rouge Inner Circle sampling program - basically, you get one package per month with different samples.

I got mine last night with... you guessed it... a sample of the Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream Light. I was soooo excited, because I've been dying to try this one.

Although I loved the rich version of the Rose Day Cream, it was slighly too rich for my combination skin.

Well, the light version does not dissapoint! It leaves the skin feeling like a rose petal, causes no shine, sinks right into the skin and smells divine!!!! I will be picking up the full size tube for sure!

Well done, Dr. Hauschka!

The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream - Light (30 ml)
Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream - Light (30 ml)

All the protective, fortifying qualities of Rose Day Cream in a lightweight formulation, perfect for sensitive skin or use in warmer weather. Rose Day Cream Light transfers to your skin the invigorating powers of the rose to nourish hydrate and protect dry, sensitive skin for a calm, even and balanced complexion.

existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Do you know that we are super lucky, as EDS now carries this, too? It's on New Products!!! Thanks for the review, too.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Even though the regular Rose Day Cream is kind of heavy and greasy, I still really like it - it never makes me break out even though I'm pretty breakout prone, and I feel extra-protected with it. So I haven't been sure if I wanted to try the Light or not, but I decided to do a side-by-side of the ingredients. And hey, since I'm bothering to do it for myself anyway, might as well do it here for your benefit! Very Happy

REGULAR Rose Day Cream:
Water (Aqua), Peanut (Arachis Hypogaea) Oil, Marsh Mallow (Althaea Officinalis) Extract, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Extract, St. John'swort (Hypericum Perforatum) Extract, Shea (Butyrospermum Parkii) Butter, Lecithin, Fragrance/Parfum (essential oil), Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Rose (Rosa Gallica) Wax, Rose (Rosa Gallica) Petal Extract, Rose (Rosa Canina) Hip Extract

Rose Day Cream LIGHT:
Water (Aqua), Sesame (Sesamum Indicum) Oil, Alcohol, Althaea Officinalis (Marsh Mallow) Root Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Rose (Rosa Gallica) Petal Extract, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Germ Oil, Lysolecithin (Hydrolyzed Lecithin), Rose (Rosa Canina) Hip Extract, Fragrance/Parfum (essential oil), Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Citral, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Eugenol, Xanthan Gum

So in conclusion, I like that they took out the shea butter for the light cream, since that does tend to be a pore-clogger for me over time, but I don't love the alcohol they added. Especially the one that's the third ingredient in the list! Part of why I think I like the normal Rose Day Cream more than other Hauschka moisturizers is because I never liked the high alcohol content sensation from creams such as the Quince Day Cream and the Moisturizing Day Cream. So I'm bummed to see that this Light has so much alcohol. Sad I think I'll need to try a sample before I take the plunge on a full-sizer, but none of the stores near me carry it so I can't try it. I hope EDS gets tiny samples so I can see if it feels drying!

For those of you who like it had have tried it, have you noticed it being at all drying? And for those who might know what I'm talking about with the alcohol content in Hauschka moisturizers, I'd especially love it if any of you could weigh in on this!

Thanks, sorry for the crazy long post but I hope this helps someone!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Rose Cream Light. My German mother-in-law just brought it to me. I find it dries into something like a hard shell. Kind of dry and pulling a little bit. My mother-in-law thinks the same thing, but she is older and has drier skin. I can't believe I'm saying this (with how easily my skin clogs) but I like the regular one better.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Do you use them as regular skincare or just for short time per year?

I used the regular rose cream before,now I found EDS has the promotion set now,I'm thinking whether I buy again to use in autumn?
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am disappointed by the alcohol content! I like the regular rose day cream too but man is it greasy...my face stays shiny all day from it!
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Chimera, with the regular I think you really do have to put it over skin which is wet, so you use way less. I use a tiny pea and spread it around.I use their toner for this and it feels like the alcohol helps it to absorb better and dries it out some. But maybe another toner or water would do.

I feel like there is nothing more soothing to my skin and it makes me feel good. So I use it every morning lately.

Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
Oh I am so tempted now that EDS carries this too! I like the original but find it too rich to use on a regular basis. It works for me like La Mer though when my skin is stressed out. I don't like the sound of the Light version having added alcohol but I have used (and liked) the Quince so I'm hoping this will be similar in texture. Is there someone who has used the Quince before who could compare the texture to the new Rose Light, pretty please? TIA Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
IMO, the Rose Light feels even lighter than the Quince. I can get by with the Quince on a daily basis, but the Rose Light was too light for me. My face got a little dry and when that happens it also gets irritated. My skin is dry and I live in a very dry climate so I really think this would be better suited for someone with oily or combo skin in a more humid environment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for this comment, allilicious - now I finally know that this is a bad idea, because I find that the quince cream is not always enough moisture for me. Finally, a tempting new product release that I can easily resist! Very Happy

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
alilicious
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Ginnielizz,
Glad I could help! It's always nice to not waste money( and time and irritated skin Smile ) on something better suited for someone else.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, I've used the Rose Cream regular and light and the Quince as well. Oh, and even the Normalizing Oil.

Here is how I think it goes heavy to light: Rose Reg, Quince, Oil, Rose light.

The new Rose Light is super light. But it's the finish that it dries to that makes the difference. It's as though it actually does 'dry' whereas the others somehow stay moist all day. Kind of hard to explain. But basically too light for me and I'm even thinking I have oily skin.

Is Hauschka selling or giving samples? For this one it would be soooo important to try before you buy. I would even suggest standing in a store, using the sample and then doing some other shopping while it dries to see how it feels.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Michelec, that's exactly what I wanted to do (try it in person), but nobody in my area has this release yet! Nor do they have the volumizing mascara - I think Canada gets the new releases before the US, perhaps. Or maybe it's just Seattle that's slow. Either way, I'm very pleased to hear your "comparison scale", as I definitely won't be getting this stuff now. Thanks again for providing this vaulable opinion!

michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz, you can try some of mine. We're both in Seattle. I tried to PM you but it just sits in my outbox, not sure why.

Michele

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Aw, you're so sweet! I did get your PM somehow, and you're a total peach for that offer, but I think your thorough description let me know that this will be too light for my skin. I PMed you back though in case you ever wanna hook up and talk shop. Smile

fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I got sent a sample of this from Dr H with their newsletter as i'm on their incentive programme. It was nice to try... i'd always liked the smell of the original rose but it was too heavy for my combo skin.
I'd agree with the comments that it is lighter than the quince cream. I might consider buying it for summer... but I think I still prefer the combo of quince/normalising day oil.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing the rose cream for a while, since it is so popular- but I just wanted to know what are the benefits? Is it just a really good moisturizer?
bugfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I am dying to try it. I love rose cream too. but think it will be better if using the light one in summer

glad to know it's good
MoomsyPoomsy

Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I bought a tube of Rose Day Cream Light in July and found it OK. By the way, I want to ask around to see if anyone really subscibes to the DH philosophy of not putting any night cream on during Autumn and Winter. I found that my skin was significantly drier despite the fact that I have been using the magic water (night conditioner) for some 2 months non-stop.
nyamyj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have stuck to the Dr. H routine of nothing on my face at night and my skin is still OK. Once in a while I might dab a touch (quince) on my cheeks if the winter gets to my skin and dries it out too much, but I really try not to and haven't had a problem. My skin has never looked better and I usually have a healthy glow and many days don't even need blush.
Jolin
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Rose Day Cream Light for more than a week now and I really like it. As I have oily combination skin, I mix it with a drop of Normalizing Day Oil. It leaves my skin soft and smooth.
jools
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Great for summer use - I find it is too light for the cold winter weather
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I received a sample of the rose light day cream with my last EDS order and am currently using it. i didn't expect to love it as much as i do! i have resisted buying any dr. h products because they never appealed to me before (i am not a fan of essential oil based lines).

looking at the ingredient, i don't think the rose light day cream has as much alcohol at all. Cetearyl Alcohol is a moisturizing alcohol and emulsifier, defined as
Quote:
An emulsifying wax produced from a mixture of fatty alcohols. Made from cetyl and stearyl alcohol's which together form an occlusive film to keep skin moisture from evaporating. They give hair and skin a velvety feeling.
from http://en.mimi.hu/beauty/cetearyl_alcohol.html.

the other alcohol i see is benzyl alcohol and it's one of the last ingredients listed, so the amount must be minimal in the product.

i found the cream gave me such a nice finish, probably in part to the bentonite clay in the ingredients, and is an awesome base for my oilier sunscreens. i imagine it would be great for those who wear foundation. i didn't find it drying (i have dehydrated skin) but i only applied it over a serum made from oat beta glucans and avocado oil.

i was so impressed, i ordered the rose light day cream for my sister (she has uber oily skin) and the quince cream for myself (something i have been dying to try!). we're probably gonna swap off just to make things interesting.

by the way, why is the rose light version more expensive than the regular??

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I use Moisturizing Day Cream on the regular basis and use Rose Day Cream only on occasion when my skin is really dry. I prefer Quince Day cream over Rose Day Cream... Rose Cream seems a bit too heavy for a regular usage.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 am      Reply with quote
i used to use this cream during winter time.
it smells good but still too rich for shanghai's winter
here,has a humid winter weather, the cream will make my face shining when noon
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |