Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Cellcosmet Ultra Complex Eye Gel - early days
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
This is really just a preliminary review because I've only been using this for a few days, but I thought I'd describe it in case anybody is thinking of getting the Cellcosmet Promo special for themselves for Christmas and they're wondering what the eye gel is actually like.

First of all, I've been keeping this in the fridge. I like to keep eye gels in the fridge because they're super refreshing when you use them in the morning (which is when I've been using this eye gel though the EDS description says to use it at night).

Ok, this eye gel comes in a 15ml pump pack, has a yellowy tinge to it and no specific scent. Leila reminded me about it a few days ago (I'm so attached to the Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream that I had a case of 'eye-cream tunnel vision' Smile) and one of my eyes begged for it yesterday morning. I was so tired the day before and stayed up in front of my computer late. I ended up going to bed without taking off my makeup Surprised I know I know...me bad. I can't remember the last time I did that, but I was REALLY tired. Anyway, I woke up with one swollen eye, yeah just one! Serves me right I guess.

This gel is nice and soothing and did a good job of rescuing my sorry looking puffy eye. That's probably attributed in part to the chamomile (=soothing) in the eye gel and the cold temperature of the gel as well. I was tempted to put the Cellcosmet Eye Contour over this because I didn't think the gel would be moisturing enough but I decided to let it be. There was no dry tightness around the eye area all day though I did feel like this gel actually tightened up the area (I mean in the good sense not the bad).

Overall I think this is going to be a very good eye gel for me. However, realistically speaking, it's not possible to compare it to other eye gels and say which is better. I think it's really hard to compare one eye gel to another (unless, of course, it stings or makes your skin feel tight etc) because the results you see may not be visible till many years later down the track. Unlike eye creams, eye gels tend to have the same consistency so you can't even base your preference on the texture. However, having tried the Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream, which is by far the best eye cream I've tried, I would rather "invest" more money and buy a product from a range that seems to consistently get rave reviews rather than experiment with others.

Btw, on the box it says that it "soothes and softens bags and dark circles". Well I can vouch for the puffiness but of course, having used it for a short period of time, I can't really say much about the dark circles.

Mabsy.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Cellcosmet Ultra Eye Complex-XT Cyto-Complex Gel (15 ml / 0.5 oz)
Cellcosmet Ultra Eye Complex-XT Cyto-Complex Gel (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

Isotonic Intensive Cyto-Complex Gel with active stabilized bio-integral cells. The synergic action of its carefully selected ingredients and Swiss Alp thermal spring water, rich in magnesium and trace elements:

Suggested replacement {{20409s}}.

Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, Mabsy, Mabsy,

Another incredible review.Thank you. I have wondered and wanted to understand the difference in gel vs creme (in the cellcosmet line.) I almost broke down...Sad but didn'tVery Happy. Now I am so happy Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy sounds like the creme is still in the lead by a couple of heads....:P or eyes heheeheehee.Wink

Babs
PS You should go into visual illustration. I can see you looking into the mirror, not sure you are seeing correctly, turning your head to the left, then to the right, nope that eye is definately different.What do I have in "Mabsy's " cosmetics for a swollen eye"Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy!

Babsy
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:16 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Mabsy, you are so sweet. Deep inside my heart I know you write this review for me :P:P:P ( selfish thinking, I know).

I think of all the organs in my body, my eyes are the ones that always overwork, now that in rushing time, they stick to the computer screen almost 24 hrs a day.

If I could spend that much time to look at my sweetheart face, I might have found more reasons to adore him beside that he has such incredible beautiful lashes that I'm so jealous with...HEE! HEE! HEE!

Anyway, the last few weeks, I was so busy that I didn't have time to put on my contacts every morning and just wore my glasses instead...and put on less eye makeup so I didn't have to spend much time cleansing.

And last night, while putting on mascara before going out, I found out that I had more lashes than before, that was ...fantastic, I had no complaint. So as logical as I always am, I think there must be a connection between less mascara use and heathier lashes...

Anyway, this posting is a little bit off topic eventhough it's all about eyes and I just want to share with you.

You are so right as always saying that we should invest our money in products that have been used and tested and well loved by real consumers aka "beauty junkies" like most EDS members here.

I gave up for a long time shopping at those dept. beauty counters, I found out that I got more confused with all the wrong or misgiven info. the salepersons gave me.

Here at EDS, I can spend my leisure time the way I want window shopping, checking the ingredients and asking for a review of a ptd that I want to buy. And, How can I forget, the most wonderful part, waiting for the package to arrive in my mailbox just like a gift instead of a purchase and then to open it and to check all the samples go with it and try them, smell them, feel them and find words to describe them in a review !!!

And I do really feel very proud, just like a big achievement, to discover a new precious find for my skin rather than feeling so guilty and sometimes...quite stupid to waste my money in an impulsive minute of trying to impress ...( dunno whom or whatever)... than really to satisfy my own need.

Blah, maybe it's just me. But I'm glad I found EDS and so grateful to get to know you and all wonderful contributors of this forum. You guys are my beauty guardian angels. And I come to respect your advice so much I think I should ask for one on anything like...Can you tell me how to get little hints that he will ask me that important question on a particular date so I won't get caught offguard and undone with my nerdy glasses and gym attire instead of lovely dreamy eyes and sexy little black dress (just like in a movie) if I have to say YES !!!. Should I be more careful if suddenly he asks me out to a fancy French rest. instead of our local casual dine out.

Phew! I already have so many stresses. Being a girl is not an easy job!!!

Hope you can find time after "thesis time" to enjoy all beautiful things waiting for you this holidays season, dear Mabsy. I know you have tons of energy, all you need is more time to spend it :P:P:P All the best to you, ALWAYS.
Mabsy

Sat Dec 13, 2003 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Babs - Yes, at this stage I like the cream version better but that does not surprise me because I generally like eye creams as opposed to eye gels and I'm also a sucker for anything that smells nice Smile I'm really glad I got the promo pack though because I'm planning to, from now on, alternate between the eye gel and eye cream and get the best of both worlds Smile Plus, it's nice to have an eye gel on hand for days when your eyes need some extra de-puffing care. I used it this morning and it was great because we had a really hot and very humid night. It felt so nice to put on a nice cool gel in the morning! What surprises me about this gel though is that it's pretty moisturising. One of the reasons I don't like eye gels is because I don't find them to be moisturining enough. However I didn't have that problem with the Cellcosmet.

Leila - You're such a sweetie! I must admit I was so attached to my eye cream that I forgot about the eye gel. I think one of the reasons for that is that I saw such great results with the cream when I started using it (got rid of the rough bumpy skin. yay!). So thank you for reminding me about the gel Smile Re: marriage proposals. I'm sure when the time comes it'll be a perfect moment and I think it's better to be unprepared for it and enjoy it than to stress about what to do when the moment comes. Mind you, I may not be the best person to take advice on this from. The only time that the situation happened to me so far the answer was a no :P

Mabsy
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there leiladao,
Sounds like you have some pretty serious issues on your mind:(. You know, way back when, or on screen we see these woman taken off guard by a proposal. In today's world with the divorce rate so high (isn't it 4 out of 6.... or something outrageous) most couples talk about marriage, discuss the important issues; do you want children; do you like his mother; are you living pay check to pay check or do you have a few bucks saved? Are you ready to share that pile? Truly I think most couples discuss marriage and that takes the "surprise factor" away. I think the surprise can be in getting the engagement symbol though. Are you to the type to dress up and celebrate things? Or do you seldom "surprise” each other? I think answering those types of questions will give you the answer that you are looking for, will he surprise you or not? I think if we really think about whom they are you can answer the question simply.

I feel like I jumped in on a private thread, I'm sorry:( Sad Sad, I just couldn't help helping.

Babs

leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Babara, I think you understand what's hidden in my silly question. Actually, I'm not sure what I'm going to answer my sweetheart if he asks me that question. I don't think I'm ready to say YES but how can you say NO. Can I just answer YES, BUT NOT YET?
And Barbara, please don't say sorry and feel like you just jumped in. If I don't think I can't trust and respect all of your words of wisdom, I had not dared to ask? I thank you from being very true...
Mabsy

Mon Dec 15, 2003 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Leila,

I'm sure you can say "Yes, but not yet", you just have to be honest and explain how you feel.

Mabsy
leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, why you always know what to say and say what I love to hear. I feel more brave now. Be true to myself I will try to...Thanks, sweet angel!
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2003 4:05 am      Reply with quote
Ok.... here is a part of my personality you probably haven’t seen yet:( IF-IF you were ever going to be ready to marry him than you would be able to answer this as a yes and do it now. I am sorry to be such a downer Sad. I am such a romantic my husband claims I could live under an oak tree with him. Although that isn't entirely true, I do love "true love". I am not saying you don't love him but if you have been together for a period of time and you can't say "yes"!!!!! (and that doesn't mean you have to run down the isle) and then together agree on a date, perhaps sometime in 2005, than I really don't think you are sure...way deep down inside called our subconscious. Leila, you sound so sweet, truly, so that even tells me further you have some reservations that just haven't hit the table yet.Sad
Babs
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Leila,
I couldn't help but offer my own thoughts as I was in a similar situation as you a few years ago with my guy as well-- only in reverse, however the tables have since turned and I'm now in your shoes again.:P We women have all these girlie notions about love, especially when we really do want things to be perfect-- but what I've come to learn is that so many factors come into play that make the whole idea of marriage a little daunting, if not a scary thing. I don't know how long you both have been together but when it has been more than 9 years (I can hear GASPS Surprised) ... to you, and most probably to the parents of both parties it is in some ways a prelude to marriage.
In my situation, I was truly ready and wanting to commit about 4 years ago....
everything was so perfect and we were both in our element, really happy and
in love but so why wasn't there a proposal or even a hint of one...?? I wondered how if we had talked about marriage why wasn't it coming up and in hindsight I realised now that although I might have been ready, he just wasn't and being 2 years younger than me-- he was 23 when I was 25, still quite young according to the average age of people getting married these days. Thinking about it too much took some of the energy out of the time we spent together....and I think when one person isn't ready the other will instinctively sense it.

I'm a great fan of surprises....nothing really compares to a proposal when you least expect it-- the wildest and scariest roller-coaster ride won't even be as near to the heart beats that you will get in your ears when he asks you in that moment. Wink

So don't worry too much, just enjoy the feelings you have and when you're
ready you'll know.

Summertimegirl xx

leiladao
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no! It's so embarrassing. I never thought my silly posting would let to this. It's all my fault. You see, it's so easy for one "product review" branches into a review of something very very SERIOUS! Now, I'm a little bit scared, you have to be very careful of what you ask or what you ask for or what you are going to be asked...
Mabsy, Babs and Summertimegirl...you really moved me with all the caring thoughts you shared with me. I know I'm not ready to say good bye to my singlehood yet but I love to be in love. Many times a weird thought comes to my mind that it's more beautiful if two people just stay in love instead of commit themselve to a married life. When I'm in a relationship I take it very seriously, I never fool around and never in doubt. But I think, like a bird I'm in a golden cage being married while I can fly with him everywhere if we're just lovers. And also breaking up is less painful than getting divorced. I don't know, may be I'm a coward or I'm just a dreamer...
Mabsy

Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Leila - getting married does not mean you're not staying in love. That really depends on the person and can happen before you ever get married. I think that happens when you start taking the other person for granted. As long as you're serious about the other person and appreciate them for the person they are you will never have that problem.

Sorry to add to this confusion. Just thought I'd add my opinion (yet again :P).

You're a lovely girl and I'm sure everything will fall into place for you when the time is right Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:01 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |