Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review-Kimberly Sayer Anti-Oxidant Moisturizing Cream-SPF 25
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Wow, this is a beautiful sunscreen...the best I've ever tried (and believe me I have tried MANY!!!) This cream just melts into the skin leaving the face well moisturized and glowing without that dreaded white residue. It uses zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as the botanical sunblocks plus lots of other organic goodies for the skin. A lovely product and a great sunscreen....you just couldn't ask for anything more!!
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Bought this after I read the rave reviews about how light and wonderful this day cream/sunscreen is. I am now a big fan!
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
i may have to try this!

my only concern is packaging an antioxidant cream in a jar.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have the ultra light one, the one in a pump dispenser. It has been my favourite for the spring and summer months since last year. Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
hhm do u ladies know the % of the Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide? I'm afraid that it won't offer much UVA protection Sad
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I was doing a search on this product and I noticed that another site is selling this product, but it is packaged in a pump dispenser. Here's the link to it...check it out:

http://www.eskinstore.com/productcart/pc/showsearchresults.asp?IDBrand=159&iPageSize=6

Why do you think that is? Confused
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
I was able to find a detailed ingredient list for this product (for those who are interested)...

http://www.tobi.com/product/5774-kimberly-sayer-anti-oxidant-daily-moisturizer-beauty-skin-care-moisturizers

leeleedeedee:

I have combination skin (quite dry on cheeks and an oily t-zone that can break out with the wrong products). Do you find this a heavier cream (aka greasy?) I've been using the Becca mineral SPF primer and I love the finish but I'd love to find something more natural that I love just as much. I know there's a lighter lotion in this line, but I'm a little leary of the lemon oil added to that one (photosensitive). Also, I've been mixing Dr. Hauschka's Bronzing Concentrate to my Becca and it's been working beautifully. Do you think this cream would be compatible with it? Sorry for all the questions....it's just so hard deciding on and sticking with one sunscreen.
havana8

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
londonfan wrote:
I have the ultra light one, the one in a pump dispenser. It has been my favourite for the spring and summer months since last year. Very Happy

Here's the listing for this one too...

Kimberly Sayer Ultra Light Organic Facial Moisturiser – SPF25
Ingredients: Purified water, safflower oil, cetearyl glucoside (plant), arachidyl and behenyl alcohol (plant alcohol), sea algae extract, squalane, glycerin, shea butter, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), retinyl palmitate (vitamin A), ascorbyl palmitate (Vitamin C), zinc oxide (natural sunblock), titanium dioxide (natural sun block), aloe vera gel, lemon oil, caprylol glycine and sodium hydroxymethylglycinate (plant preservatives), potassium sorbate (plant)
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I have the ultra light in the pump.I really wanted to like it. I must say that it smelt great, but it's too greasy looking on my face for daytime use. I do find it extremely hard though to find moisturisers that are suitable for me to wear in the day though.

I'm sure though that many other people with different skin types would find it very easy to wear.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi CMAYC - it's okay to have a lot of questions re skin care. I think that's why we're all on this forum. We have so many unanswered questions and hope to get information from the wonderful, smart, informative people here.

Re the sunscreen - all I can say is that it is an exceptionally light cream and so far I have found it to be compatible with all of my other skin care products. I actually wear another moisturizer on top of the sunscreen because I have extremely dry skin. I just pat a little of the moisturizer on my drier areas but really the Kimberly Sayer one is quite moisturizing on it's own. What I like the most about it is the fact that it's not loaded with chemicals like other sunscreens that have so irritated my sensitive skin. This one is very gentle. In my opinion I can't see why it wouldn't work with other products - however, I am not a skin care expert. Maybe others on this forum can advise you. Hope this helps a little.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:06 am      Reply with quote
darn...lemon oil. why would you put a known photosensitizer in a sunscreen?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Edenfield....Are you referring to the Kimberly S. Sunscreen? It does not have lemon oil in the list of ingredients.I think the Anti-Oxidant Daily Moisturizing Cream has a different formula. Here is the list of ingredients:

purified water, Apricot kernel oil, vegetable emulsifying wax, Suqalane, Shea butter, Oat beta glucan, Sea algae extract, Glycerin, Beeech bud extract, Borage Oil, Wheatgerm oil, Rosewater, Aloe vera, Foraha oil, Nettle, Rosebud and Safflower oil, Lavender oil, Zinc Oxide (botanical sunblock), Titanium dioxide (botanical sunblock), Lecithin, Xanthan (Plannt), Tocopherol acetate (vitamin E) & retinyl palmitate (vitamin A) & ascorbyl palmitate (vitamin C) Phenoxyenthanol & caprylyl glycol & capryloyl glycine & sodium hydroxymethylglycinate (plant preservatives).
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
darn...lemon oil. why would you put a known photosensitizer in a sunscreen?

I completely agree!! How ridiculous is that?! It's only in her ultra light formula geared for oily, acne prone skin types (apparantly it helps to absorb excess oil). Years ago, I had pigmentation changes from a body lotion that contained lemon (when it reacted with the sun). Luckily, after over a year of treatment, I was able to get my skin back to normal. I can't take that chance again with my face!
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hi CMAYC - it's okay to have a lot of questions re skin care. I think that's why we're all on this forum. We have so many unanswered questions and hope to get information from the wonderful, smart, informative people here.

Re the sunscreen - all I can say is that it is an exceptionally light cream and so far I have found it to be compatible with all of my other skin care products. I actually wear another moisturizer on top of the sunscreen because I have extremely dry skin. I just pat a little of the moisturizer on my drier areas but really the Kimberly Sayer one is quite moisturizing on it's own. What I like the most about it is the fact that it's not loaded with chemicals like other sunscreens that have so irritated my sensitive skin. This one is very gentle. In my opinion I can't see why it wouldn't work with other products - however, I am not a skin care expert. Maybe others on this forum can advise you. Hope this helps a little.

Thanks - that helps a lot! Smile May I ask, are you prone to breakouts at all? Also, what is the texture of this cream like - is it thick or thin? I probably would lean towards her ultra light formula since my t-zone gets quite oily mid-day (that darn lemon oil!) but my cheeks are pretty dry, so this might work.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi CMAYC! I don't break out that much but I will if I use any type of overly rich cream. I would say that K.S. Sunscreen is more on the thin side. It certainly is not thick or rich and I have not had any break outs since using it. It sinks right into the skin. I think it would be perfect for the dry areas of your face but I cannot say whether or not you would break out in the oily T-zone area. Sorry!
CMAYC
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for answering all my questions, leeleedeedee! I think I might give this a go. I've also been eyeing up the Devita sunscreen.

I've really been happy with my Becca sunscreen but the ingredients are a little sketchy. I saw my naturopath yesterday and took in a bunch of my cosmetics to test. She has this amazing machine that tests intolerances (food sensitivities, environmental allergies, etc.) All of my cosmetics tested OK, except for my beloved Becca sunscreen. Crying or Very sad It showed that my skin doesn't tolerate it well, so over time, it could irritate it. Back to the drawing board I go. Rolling Eyes
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome CMAYC!! So sorry about the Becca. I hope that K.S.Sunscreen will be just as good for you if not better.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone still using this? I would like to know if the % of Titanium Dioxide & Zinc Oxide is listed on the jar or bottle? Thanks! Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy.....yes, I am still using this but unfortunately the percentage of Zinc Oxide and Titanium are not mentioned. However, they are not listed as the last ingredients, but are included around the middle of the ingredient list. Hope that somewhat helps you.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:46 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Stardustdy.....yes, I am still using this but unfortunately the percentage of Zinc Oxide and Titanium are not mentioned. However, they are not listed as the last ingredients, but are included around the middle of the ingredient list. Hope that somewhat helps you.

hmmm

Paul Begoun says they should be listed in the active ingredients for them to be acting as sunscreen...I'm sure it's just semantics or whatever
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:

Thanks! hhm from what I know, the ingredients for the sunscreen should be listed as active ingredients with their %.... hmm
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

Thanks! hhm from what I know, the ingredients for the sunscreen should be listed as active ingredients with their %.... hmm

perhaps it is just a labelling issue, I imagine UK vs USA will have different specs.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I already read about this in a german beauty forum where one member was downright over the moon with this moisturizer. Comes on my testing list.

5% products discount

Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my bf the lotion version in the pump dispenser and he likes it. I've used it a couple of times but it's a little too light for me. It does smell and feel good though!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:54 am      Reply with quote
I have heared of the brand, and eds give me a sample of mask of brand. It seems not so nature. but I have heard the day cream is the best of them
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |