Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has any one tried StriVectin SD for reducing wrinkles?"
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've used strivectin...it works...is expensive tho'. So I tried the knockoff from Walgreens and from Sally's. I think the knockoff from Sally's works the best of the three. But, this is just my opinion. And they have a sale once in a while for an even better price.

In short...try the knockoff. Its much cheaper.
If it works for you and you want to spend more....
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
don't waste your money----for me,it is just a big tube body cream.

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I bought this wonder drug, better than botox, they called it strivectin. Well dont waste your money, it didnt make wrinkles or stretch marks dissapear,it made my money dissapear.
I hated the texture, it made my skin really itchy, it tinged at first then itched like crazy for about 20 minutes. Its all rubbish, invest in some other good skin care ranges.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Check out the ' most expensive and disappointing product you ever bought' post - This one is mentioned several times

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
Racecargirl wrote:
I know some women that have tried this and don't waste your money. There are other products on the market for the same amount of money (or less) that are far better.

Racecargirl, do you have any specific recommendations?
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
Pudoodles wrote:
Different strokes for different folks for sure becuase this is one of my old faves! My skin looks great when I use Strivectin original...I've never tried any of the supplemental products though....I think guapagirl is another one who has had great results with the SV - so it isn't a waste of money for everyone Very Happy I've noticed icreased firmess around the jawline and around the orbital bone...It also definitely reduced the potato skin look of my hands!
pudoodles

Pudoodles, I'm so happy to see you have great results with SV, but do you think your skin will become indulgent to it? If you stopped using it, will your skin go back to before?
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
Well, I used a tube of it on my stretchmarks and it faded them a good deal. Then I bought a tube of Strixaderm, which costs a lot less and did the same job.. I also used in on my neck lines and it did a good job there.

I'm using the eye cream at the moment and it's nicely moisturising and smoothing, I enjoy the texture of it.

catski, I once searched the review for SV SD cream, but there are many mixed reviews about it on amazon. So since you are also happy with the results, may I ask you whether you find any side effects of it? Thanks.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
Check out the ' most expensive and disappointing product you ever bought' post - This one is mentioned several times

Yes...That's my long-time concern. I'm really surprised there are so many compliments about it here, which relight my desire for it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some reviews on Strivectin:

From FutureDerm:
http://www.futurederm.com/2008/02/17/product-review-strivectinsd/

From Truth In Aging:

For the Neck Cream:
http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/06/i-dont-know-about-you-but-discovering-that-a-wood-sealant-and-a-neck-cream-have-an-ingredient-in-common-gives-me-pause-for-t.html

For Strivectin SD:
http://www.truthinaging.com/2008/01/tried-and-rejec.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
did absolutely nothing for me. but great marketing.
Inlife
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Can this product reduce fine lines or deep wrinkles?
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:42 am      Reply with quote
The futurederm review is good. I found that strivectin worked nicely on my neck and really well on my hands.

Turns out it's a very hydrating formula with peptides.
Nothing more than that.. Wink
bodiukein
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
It did absolutely nothing for me. I used it when it first came out.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
bodiukein wrote:
It did absolutely nothing for me. I used it when it first came out.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I should thank you for quenching my desire for it.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |