Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

5 months after the 5th fraxel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:44 am      Reply with quote
The Plastic Surgeon I talked to thought once a week WAS too often to roll, which is one reason I am switching to once every 2 wks. I won't say my skin is super-sensitive, but it is certainly beet-red after I roll, and the next day I look like I have had a tiny bit of sun. I usually apply my Tazorac (Retin A) when I roll. I have a .5mm roller than I've used only a few times before applying the Tazorac. My tendency is to just give my skin a rest from the needling inbetween the intensive rollings.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
ok...I gotta pipe in here. I think anyone who is using a Dermaroller and thinking that their skin is improving almost immediately, is just seeing a superficial effect. I am now 7 months into my Dermarolling adventure, using it once a week (1.5mm) and now I'm going to begin once every 2 wks. It takes about 6 months for the skin to really rejuvenate. (I spoke with a Plastic Surgeon who is rolling clients with a 1.5mm and he emphasized the timing.) That has been true for me as I am FINALLY reaping the benefits. I was discouraged and even whined on this forum about about my lack of results, but alas, now I'm blown away. In the last week I've had 3 comments on my "beautiful smooth skin." I can't stop looking in the mirror...its amazing, it friggin' works!!!!! I am so excited about discovering this, and knowing I don't have to do anything invasive or expensive to improve my skin. Bethany...I have to disagree, Inflammation is not bad! unless you are talking about your joints or something.
Rollin' on.... Laughing

You might want to read the complete inflammation article I posted on the dermarolling thread before making such a general statement.

However, the good news is that they have determined that acute inflammation will not turn into destructive inflammation if 2 weeks lapses between periods of inflammation AND the skin barrier is completely repaired via a lipid mixture of ceramides, cholesterol, and free fatty acid applied topically.

mountaingirl wrote:
The Plastic Surgeon I talked to thought once a week WAS too often to roll, which is one reason I am switching to once every 2 wks.

Your comment confirms what I have been saying all along...daily or weekly with long needles is NOT the way to go. But as long as the rolling is within the appropriate time criteria and the skin barrier is repaired, people should continue to roll and reap the benefits.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany...can you link me to the article on the dermaroller thread. Too much to dig through but I'd love to read it and certainly am open to hear the theory's. Also, the Plastic Surgeon I spoke with (by phone) did not agree with rolling once a wk or even every 2 weeks. He thought that was too frequent. I just decided that now that I've reaped some benefits from the once of wk routine, I'm going to lay back a little with it and go with every two wks ( it wasn't based on his recommendation.)

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
bethany...can you link me to the article on the dermaroller thread. Too much to dig through but I'd love to read it and certainly am open to hear the theory's. Also, the Plastic Surgeon I spoke with (by phone) did not agree with rolling once a wk or even every 2 weeks. He thought that was too frequent. I just decided that now that I've reaped some benefits from the once of wk routine, I'm going to lay back a little with it and go with every two wks ( it wasn't based on his recommendation.)

What frequency DID he recommend?

Here is the link to where I posted the abstract, but the entire article is not available online. If you PM me with you email address, I will send you the complete pdf.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=22460&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1450

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |