Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy sent me some of her super duper face firming cream and eye cream and I've been using it for a week and I can see a subtle difference in my face.

ImageThat stuff is amazing. I'm begging and pleading for her to share her secret potions with me. I'm trying to bribe her with my handmade soaps, she has a few right now, but I'll send more until I can convince her to part with the recipes.

Don't know what she puts in the creams, but she need to market them. Image

ImageImageTwo big thumbs up. Image

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!!

Jeeeez!....I'll send you the bloody recipe's, I have no secrets from my EDS buds... Laughing Shock Laughing

I won't be hanging a shingle out any time soon, but thanks so much for the vote of confidence.. Very Happy

Here's a thread for DIY recipes + skincare discussion, that I think you will enjoy if you haven't seen it yet...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=5981

Now get busy telling me all about soap making 101, and what those amazing smells are emanating from my boudoir....

I'm going to hit the report button on this thread, because even though I'm not selling anything, I don't want zyggy's genuine + innocent post to be taken the wrong way, after past issues with DIY problems.

If the thread is still around tomorrow, (perhaps moved to the DIY Skincare section), I'll presume it's okay for any of us to post recipe's here.
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:27 am      Reply with quote
It's a deal.

I'm thinking about using it on my 50+ year old breasties to see if will firm up. lol Although I think they are a lost cause.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so what are the ingredients in this miracle product? Very Happy
TheShadow
5% products discount

Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'd be interested in that recipe too! Laughing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
It would be fascinating! Laughing
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
give it up girl!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Ok, so what are the ingredients in this miracle product? Very Happy

Here is a list of the ingredients in the mystery creams: (I use approximately 1 1/2 CC's of each active in a 2oz cream or serum for the face)

Face Cream

green tea extract
grapeseed oil
wheat protein
algae extract
mushroom extract
soya lecithin (Supplement gel cap can be used)
vitamins A, (I highly recommend Retinol 1.0% from NCN or Cellbone)
vitamins C + E
hyaluronic acid
SKB
DMAE (less than 3% so no worries there, just a bit of firming)
argerilene (I prefer 5%, but up to 10% can be used)
niacinamide (if you use Olay or CVS perfecting cream as a base, that will suffice)
Matrixyl 3000

For a base any of these can be used; (After much trial and error with preservatives and emulsifiers, I've decided to take the easy way out and use the following as my bases.) This also cuts out an additional 2 or 3 formulating steps.

CVS brand Perfecting Cream (Olay knock off that's almost identical)
Juice Beauty Serums (any will do)
Base Cream (all suppliers have it)

Eye Serum

1 CC of each active will give you a nice potent 1oz eye serum.

DMAE (Just keep this at 3%)
wheat protein
argerilene
seaweed extract
cucumber extract
green tea extract
avocado oil
mushroom extract

The base is equal parts of SKB, glycerin + any base or eye cream you like. I used a juice beauty serum. (1/3rd of each for the base)

Now keep in mind that these concoctions were made for zyggy with 'firming + tightening' as her main concern... The DMAE can certainly be left out, for those who are still on the fence about that product..The other actives will still help with those issues as well.

HTH!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Kassy.
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Dr Kassy, that's one incredible list. You know, I'm going to have to get a second job for all that stuff. Crying or Very sad

Thank you for sharing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yes thnx Mama Kassy! =)
How did you choose the ingred you used?

PS, I bet the same ingred in a fancyschmancy jar + fragrance would run about $150USD. Clever you!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Yes thnx Mama Kassy! =)
How did you choose the ingred you used? PS, I bet the same ingred in a fancyschmancy jar + fragrance would run about $150USD. Clever you!!

zyggy was interested in firming and tightening, so the majority of those actives tackle those issues.. The other's are complimentary to our ahem, mature skin.. Rolling Eyes

If everything were equal, I would guess you could more than triple that amount! But I doubt it would ever happen.

zyggy wrote:
I'm going to have to get a second job for all that stuff.

Nah! Once you get the staples, you'll have enough for more than a year...And be able to hook your friends up to boot.. Laughing
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:19 am      Reply with quote
zyggy wrote:
OMG Dr Kassy, that's one incredible list. You know, I'm going to have to get a second job for all that stuff. Crying or Very sad

Thank you for sharing.

I didnt realise Kassy is a Dr.! What branch, Kassy?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Actually I'm better known as Nurse Ratchett.. Shock
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
180.00 later, I have all my potions and extracts, and stuff on the way. So I'm thinking either I'm Igor or Frankenstein's monster to Dr. Kassy. Laughing

I'm quite excited about making my own lotion, but I have Kassy's Vit C serum recipe too.

I found my products at Lotioncrafters, Skinactives and Garden of Wisdom. First time shopping at Skinactives.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:21 am      Reply with quote
How can we get some?
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:07 am      Reply with quote
EZUltrasound wrote:
How can we get some?
Kassy and I traded, she sent me her eye cream, face cream and recipes and I sent her enough handmade soaps to last her 6 months. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
EZUltrasound wrote:
How can we get some?

Hi EZU, and welcome to the forum!

These are DIY (do it yourself) recipes. I don't have anything to sell. All actives and supplies can be bought at the following websites;

http://theherbarie.com/Silicones-c-36.html

http://bulkactives.com/

http://www.skinactives.com/

Here is a DIY thread that you might find interesting, that includes many wonderful DIY recipes.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=5981
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
zyggy wrote:
EZUltrasound wrote:
How can we get some?
Kassy and I traded, she sent me her eye cream, face cream and recipes and I sent her enough handmade soaps to last her 6 months. Very Happy

I'm lovin my yummy soaps... My master bedroom and bath smells like a spa... She even matched my purple/teal/gold decor'.... Laughing Laughing Laughing (Trust me, it looks better than it sounds.. Laughing Laughing

Maybe you could make this into a swap thread zyggy.... Now that might be very interesting. We already know how much fun it is.. Very Happy
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
zyggy wrote:
EZUltrasound wrote:
How can we get some?

I'm lovin my yummy soaps... My master bedroom and bath smells like a spa... She even matched my purple/teal/gold decor'.... Laughing Laughing Laughing (Trust me, it looks better than it sounds.. Laughing Laughing

Maybe you could make this into a swap thread zyggy.... Now that might be very interesting. We already know how much fun it is.. Very Happy
Purely by luck.

Swap thread? Oh my, what else would I want? I bought everything, except for one of those dermarollers, and those right now are scaring me. Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
are there any cheaper options for base creams???

thanks!
zyggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
mb935 wrote:
are there any cheaper options for base creams???

thanks!
I bought the canvas cream from Skin Actives as my base. hth

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy,
Thanks so much for hooking everyone up to this. You've created a new class of chemists.

Nice of you to share.

FYI: Skinactives products - the ones already made are very nice. I have noticed the wide variety of DIY ingredients also. Very interesting! I'd probably blow it Laughing

Sis
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I'd probably blow it up!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I'd probably blow it up!

That too!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |