Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
::REVIEW:: 302 Skincare Part 1: Intro to a Non-Acid Regimen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
What is the difference between the 2MHz and 3MHz ultrasound probes? I see that Dr H recommended the 2MHz for Broo.

I assume the 2MHz is for deeper penetration. So I now wondering whether it is better to get a 2MHz than a 3MHz.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
broo7cr wrote:
Bethany,

I am using the Transform formula. Today I have on W2. I'm trying to decide between the W2 and W3. I use the Resurface X-treme Primer in Translucent, the Matte Magic in Translucent and
the Blush in Peach Rose. It looks beautiful. I have to order the full sizes.

I have the Transform as well, and the Matte Magic. It's pretty good stuff! I'll be interested to see what Boski and Nemo think.

Keep in mind that if you need something between W2 and W3, they will custom make it for you as W2.5.

Also, the sample sizes of the cream concealer are more than sufficient for quite some time, if you decide to try that. I order those instead of the bigger ones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I received an email from Jennifer..a few have mentioned here that they can't get a hold of her. I was surprised, she's usually very helpful as Boski said. She once spent a full hour on the phone with me explaining 302 and how to use the products.

Anyway, the gist of it is that she had serious email problems. Things should be working fine now.

This is from Jennifer:

We hope that the problem is now resolved. We also are only able to accept emails from 4beautifulskin@comcast.net

Also,

I am always available to help anyone that contacts me. I will gladly> > accept a phone call at 847 732-1649, call anyone that needs > anything, or> > if it's working as it's supposed to be, help via the above listed email> > address.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
What is the difference between the 2MHz and 3MHz ultrasound probes? I see that Dr H recommended the 2MHz for Broo.

I assume the 2MHz is for deeper penetration. So I now wondering whether it is better to get a 2MHz than a 3MHz.

I asked Dr H for some clarification. It is true that 2 Mhz goes deeper than 3 Mhz, but watts/cm2 is also critical in determining how effective your unit is. If you have scarring or tougher skin issues, you probably would do better with the 2 Mhz. Also, can't stress enough that you have to keep the unit moving and well wetted with either water or gel when you are doing the treatment. And don't overuse the units beyond what the mfgr recommends. I've never heard of any facial fat or volume loss from ultrasound, but I'm sure if you used the wrong frequency (1 Mhz or lower) and/or left it sitting too long on one spot it could conceivably happen (so don't fall asleep using this!).

Here's Dr. H's note:

Hi Nancy,

It is not the Mhz that is the issue, but the watts (or joules) per square centimeter AND the technique. The mhz only describes the depth of penetration, a 3 mhz for example barely penetrates the stratum corneum, and a 1 mhz will reach into and perhaps beyond the dermis. Machines in the kilohertz range (khz instead of megahertz or mhz) reach down into the joints and are used therapeutically to help heal muscle, ligament and joint problems in sports medicine and so on.

The power or watts necessary to do something once you have arrived is critical. If the wave simply peters out at the end of its journey then nothing will happen, good or bad. So watts rule. The amount of watts depends on protein density in the skin, and that varies from point to point. It is important therefore to keep the sonicator moving. The technique of moving the sonicator around is always stressed – and on a wetted surface to prevent burn. Cavitation of cells and surface burning would occur only from a powerful instrument OR if you simply left the sonicator stationary long beyond the point of discomfort. Some cavitation, especially of weak, malformed, inflammatory cells is very desirable. For the most part, ultrasound is very safe if used by most persons of even moderate sobriety and the benefits far outweigh the problems – especially in units obtainable from reputable dealers. The units to be concerned about are medical grade and these are generally used in highly specific modalities. So not to worry, ultrasound for reviving and maintaining skin tone and condition is unequaled and far safer than a chemical peel, in the short and long run.

R
broo7cr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Bethany,

I have finally decided I'm a W3 in RI. Which concealer do you use and in what shade? I'm going to place an order for the full sizes of the RI I am using. Thanks for the info. This makeup is sooooo great! Very Happy
broo7cr
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,

BTW, which MMU brushes do you like the best?

I have an assortment, but thought I'd try something new.
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Broo, MAC makes a small domed powder brush, it's like a dense baby kabuki brush with a full handle, it's my favorite brush for MMU, especially if you want good coverage.

It's called MAC 109, Its similar to BE's Handy Buki brush, but its nicer quality and softer bristles.

Smile

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
THANKYOU NEMO!

My order arrived this morning - record delivery time from the States to Australia Very Happy and even better - excellent service from Nemo Very Happy

After having so many issues trying to order 302 from other suppliers, Nemo made it a breeze and included a sample of the bodytreatment for me to try (only used it once just then but it sinks right in and feels lovely!).

I can highly recommend him for 302 orders....
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
My skin is going crazy again Crying or Very sad

For the past two and a half months or so, I've had extreme stress, negative lifestyle changes (partly due to some minor injuries, and partly due to the stress), environmental changes, and basically utter chaos.

All of this, I believe, is having an impact on my skin, which is back in the rosacea stage. Here are some photos (I was actually wearing some makeup in these; my skin looks worse without it)- if you click on each thumbnail, you'll see the full photo. I captioned some of them to point out what I was trying to highlight. These were taken on a sunny day in front of a window; this was the best I could do for natural lighting. I think it's a pretty accurate representation of how it looks in real-life.

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f251/av6/skin/ (password: 302onEDS)

I'll delete the photos in maybe a week or so, but I'm hoping to get some opinions on a good way to fix this.

I saved the rosacea protocol from the 302 website, back when that info was still available to consumers, and I have everything except the calming mist. I also bought some zinc oxide powder, which I can use in the evenings, in lieu of the Recovery Minerals. Based on his descriptions, I'm not sure which type of rosacea I have.. I think type one, but the acne is more than "slight" during the hormonal breakouts.

I'm very tempted to just stop everything temporarily (except the F&B Bar and Rosacea + Sensitive cleansers), just use plain jojoba oil for a week or two and see what happens.. but the Rosacea Drops are supposed to rebuild the skin, and I desperately need that. UGH.

Boski, Nemo, any advice? Bethany, you're not a rosacea girl, I welcome your input too. (And anyone's)
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

.... Bethany, you're not a rosacea girl, I welcome your input too. (And anyone's)

I am so sorry you are going through this....I know you have a lot going on right now. ((BIG hugs to you))

I was not able to see the photos...it asked me to sign in?? But I would recommend cutting back to just the basics and see if you can get your skin to stabilize...and jojoba oil can break some people out. Sad

Have you thought about contacting Dr. H directly, or maybe go through Boski since she has the best connection with him?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

For the past two and a half months or so, I've had extreme stress, negative lifestyle changes (partly due to some minor injuries, and partly due to the stress), environmental changes, and basically utter chaos.

All of this, I believe, is having an impact on my skin, which is back in the rosacea stage. Here are some photos (I was actually wearing some makeup in these; my skin looks worse without it)- if you click on each thumbnail, you'll see the full photo. I captioned some of them to point out what I was trying to highlight. These were taken on a sunny day in front of a window; this was the best I could do for natural lighting. I think it's a pretty accurate representation of how it looks in real-life.

I'll delete the photos in maybe a week or so, but I'm hoping to get some opinions on a good way to fix this.

I saved the rosacea protocol from the 302 website, back when that info was still available to consumers, and I have everything except the calming mist. I also bought some zinc oxide powder, which I can use in the evenings, in lieu of the Recovery Minerals. Based on his descriptions, I'm not sure which type of rosacea I have.. I think type one, but the acne is more than "slight" during the hormonal breakouts.

I'm very tempted to just stop everything temporarily (except the F&B Bar and Rosacea + Sensitive cleansers), just use plain jojoba oil for a week or two and see what happens.. but the Rosacea Drops are supposed to rebuild the skin, and I desperately need that. UGH.

Boski, Nemo, any advice? Bethany, you're not a rosacea girl, I welcome your input too. (And anyone's)

I'm sorry you're going through this too Sad . Can you tell me what you are using right now?
I can forward your note to Dr H and ask him to make some recommendations.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany wrote:

Have you thought about contacting Dr. H directly, or maybe go through Boski since she has the best connection with him?

Affirmative on contacting Dr. H directly - I'm going to search the thread for his email. I was avoiding that because I hate bothering people at the top of the totem pole, but I'm in crisis mode Silenced

Here is a new link - Photobucket resizes the photos, but they look plenty big on my tiny laptop monitor:

Thanks for the hug : )
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I also asked Mr Yeung at Bellaire about 3 Mhz versus 2 Mhz ultrasound units. Here is his response. If you are interested in a 2 Hmz with the 1.0 w/cm2 output as recommended by Dr Huber, it is $165 for EDS members.

Hi Nancy,

In the past, there was only 1 MHz and 3 MHz ultrasound probes which were for body and face use respectively. A doctor approached our company and said that using 2 MHz ultrasound probes were better at penetrating their collagen creams for treatments. Clinical studies proved that results were much better with the 2 MHz so we specially made 2 MHz ultrasound probes that were specifically for his company. Now that the contract has expired, we are able to sell on the market.

As long as the energy intensity output levels of the 2 MHz or 3 MHz probes are at the correct ranges, it will not harm the skin at all (ie. melt facial fat, burn skin, etc). There are high power ultrasound that have energy intensity output of up to 10 w/cm2 that are used for breaking kidney stones in medical treatments so you definitely want to make sure the output levels of ultrasounds are correct.

2 MHz can penetrate product deeper than the 3 MHz ultrasound. In Japan, there was a clinical trial using 5 MHz ultrasound to penetrate lightening gel to treat pigmentation. Choosing between 2 or 3 MHz depends also on the product you use and the depth your treatments are targeting.

Best Regards,
Sing-Hong Yeung www.Skinspatula.com www.ultrabeautydevice.com
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Bethany wrote:

Affirmative on contacting Dr. H directly - I'm going to search the thread for his email. I was avoiding that because I hate bothering people at the top of the totem pole, but I'm in crisis mode Silenced

Here is a new link - Photobucket resizes the photos, but they look plenty big on my tiny laptop monitor:

I PM'd Dr. H's email address to you. Put "Urgent" or something to alert his attention on the title line. Send him those pictures. That will help alot. Let us know what he says.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
I'm sorry you're going through this too Sad . Can you tell me what you are using right now?
I can forward your note to Dr H and ask him to make some recommendations.

Boski, thankyou so much - that saves me a TON of time searching!

edited: I keep screwing up these replies.. I meant to thank you for *sending* me his email. I just got the PM, and I'll contact him right away.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Boski for asking Dr H. I really like this part of Dr H's reply: "For the most part, ultrasound is very safe if used by most persons of even moderate sobriety". Laughing

As I have only 1 or 2 acne scars (they are more like very large pores, I think the 3MHz might do. But after reading Mr Yeung's reply, it seems that the 2 MHz will be more effective?Rolling Eyes

I sorry that you are having such a lot of trouble Lowbrowscientist. I agree with Bethany. I think you should just use the most basic moisturiser eg emu oil/squalene. I had the same trouble with my cheeks about two months ago and I stopped using my retinol, Vit C and lightening serum and it improved a lot after about 1.5 weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
broo7cr wrote:
Bethany,

I have a Lancome one that I like ok, but it is nothing to rave over. But Nemo used to sell MAC and knows his brushes inside and out, so I would listen to his advice!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
broo7cr wrote:
Bethany,

I have finally decided I'm a W3 in RI. Which concealer do you use and in what shade? I'm going to place an order for the full sizes of the RI I am using. Thanks for the info. This makeup is sooooo great! Very Happy

I have:

- The regular Mineral Powder Concealer (I *think* they are now calling it Mineral Makeup Concealer X-treme Powders) in W2. I use this for occasional pimples, etc.

- The Cream Mineral Concealer X-tremes in W2...I order one of the $6.50 samples, and it lasts forever. I use that under my eyes (but not too close to my mascara) where a powder can look dry. I have never actually used my sample up.

BTW, the concealer colors are just a tad lighter than the foundation of the same number. So a W3 foundation will be just a little darker than the W3 concealer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Hmmm...you definitely look irritated. Sad I will be interested to hear what Dr. H says.

But will it make you feel even a little better to know that you have FABULOUS eyebrows???

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
broo7cr wrote:
Bethany,

I have a Lancome one that I like ok, but it is nothing to rave over. But Nemo used to sell MAC and knows his brushes inside and out, so I would listen to his advice!

I still do Make-up for MAC, and to be totally honest they make the best make-up brushes. I used to work at Sephora and I had a pleathora of brushes from different vendors that I have since replaced with MAC Brushes in my brush belt. Just my opinion though. Smile

[24/M/Fair,Blonde&Blue][Oily/Acne Prone/Sensitive][302 Skincare: 302 Cleanser, F&B Bar, Acne Mist, 302 Drops, Clarity][Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low Glycemic diet + Regular Excercise + 302 = No More Acne] Smile
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
Thanks Boski for asking Dr H. I really like this part of Dr H's reply: "For the most part, ultrasound is very safe if used by most persons of even moderate sobriety". Laughing

That made me smile too!

And thankyou for the kind words : )

I've written a very long, and probably over-detailed email to Dr. Huber and will see what he advises. In the meantime, if I don't hear from him for awhile (he's probably up to his neck with Calmskin stuff!), I think I will definitely go with a very pared down routine.

bethany wrote:

Hmmm...you definitely look irritated. Sad I will be interested to hear what Dr. H says.

But will it make you feel even a little better to know that you have FABULOUS eyebrows???

LOL! Bethany, you just made my day! Very Happy

I'll keep everyone updated Smile
broo7cr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Nemo!AtTheDisco wrote:
bethany wrote:
broo7cr wrote:
Bethany,

I still do Make-up for MAC, and to be totally honest they make the best make-up brushes. I used to work at Sephora and I had a pleathora of brushes from different vendors that I have since replaced with MAC Brushes in my brush belt. Just my opinion though. Smile

Nemo,

Thanks for the info on Mac brushes. I will check those out.
broo7cr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist,

I so sorry your skin isn't behaving. I know just how you feel. I got all upset last night after looking at my skin in a magnifying mirror and had a problem sleeping. I have all these little tiny bumps on my forehead. I've never had this before. Also some breakout on my nose,
clogged pores in lines between nose and mouth and cysts on my chin. My skin in my entire T-zone feels rought. I keep wondering if I should stop the 302. I got up and read Dr. H's answer to me and tried to encourage myself. So I'm giving it more time. Hope my ultrasound will be here soon.

Boski and everyone on the forum is always so helpful and encouraging and that helps a lot.

I am starting A-Boost as soon as it arrives.

Good luck to you. I guess it takes longer for some of us to get that beautiful skin.
Nemo!AtTheDisco
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
broo7cr wrote:
Lowbrowscientist,

I so sorry your skin isn't behaving. I know just how you feel. I got all upset last night after looking at my skin in a magnifying mirror and had a problem sleeping. I have all these little tiny bumps on my forehead. I've never had this before. Also some breakout on my nose,
clogged pores in lines between nose and mouth and cysts on my chin. My skin in my entire T-zone feels rought. I keep wondering if I should stop the 302. I got up and read Dr. H's answer to me and tried to encourage myself. So I'm giving it more time. Hope my ultrasound will be here soon.

Boski and everyone on the forum is always so helpful and encouraging and that helps a lot.

I am starting A-Boost as soon as it arrives.

Good luck to you. I guess it takes longer for some of us to get that beautiful skin.

You know, I went through a long period where my skin was withdrawing from Acid use, and it looked terrible. Bumps, breakouts, lots of redness, and parts of it actually felt sore. One of the greatest things I did during the period aside from sticking with the 302 was Green Tea Masks.

I bought organic Green Tea from the Health-food store, and just soaked either Paper Towels or Paper Masks (I got them on Ebay from Hong Kong, rather inexpensive) in the green tea and layed it on my face and relaxed for 10-15 minutes.

It's hydrating, soothing, and really is worth a shot. Try thinking positive thoughts while you mask too. Stress will only make it worse so try to focus on more positive things.

I still Green Tea Mask in the mornings, for hydrationg and relaxation. Smile

HTH

broo7cr
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

Well, I just got my 2 MHZ ultrasound probe. That was fast. I just ordered it Monday morning and I got today(Wednesday) before noon. I'm going to use it tonight. Wish me luck. I hope I can shake some of that crud loose. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |