Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)
homemade Dr. H CC?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I read on a thread that there's a homemade Dr. H CC recipe somewhere on MUA...

does anyone here have the recipe?

what other homemade recipes do u guys have?

so far I only know a green tea toner and a ACV toner.
Mabsy

Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I believe that Carekate posted the recipe on this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=38536
aprilha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanx mabsy!

Carekate,
you mentioned you have homemade recipes for Lip Venom!! how do you make it?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:29 am      Reply with quote
Aprilha -

You can make any regular lip gloss or lip balm into “lip venom” by mixing 3-4 drops of Cinnamon Leaf Oil (be careful, because apparently there is also a “cinnamon bark oil,” too! Cinnamon Leaf Oil is available at health food stores) into the tube of gloss and stir it up with the lip gloss’s wand (or shake tube vigorously). Cinnamon Leaf Oil is the active ingredient in Lip Venom – it’s what gives it its “bite.”

There’s also a recipe for homemade TendSkin (product that helps prevent and/or treat razor burn and ingrown hairs: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3068&highlight=tendskin
and a recipe for homemade Vitamin C serum and a homemade version of Decleor’s Ylang Ylang Aromessence Oil, both from MUA members.

Recipe from MUAer for homemade Vit-C serum:

• 1.5 g L-ascorbic acid (for us Americans: 1 gram = 1/4 teaspoon, .5 gram = 1/8 teaspoon)
• 5ml glycerin
• 5ml distilled water

Dissolve C powder in the water, mix with the glycerin and you have 12% C serum. Store in small tightly closed bottle in fridge. Make new batch every 2 weeks or sooner if you see a yellowish tint to serum.
I just made a batch of this over the weekend for myself and my mom. Be advised that ideally you should store your Vit-C serum in a light-proof or darkly tinted bottle, I've got mine in a dark blue glass 'eye-dropper' bottle that I bought at Whole Foods for $1.79USD (in the vitamins/supplements aisle). Also, I bought my l-ascorbic (aka: lysorbic) acid at Whole Foods for $9.99USD...it's 100% Vit-C or 'lysorbic acid' crystals, which are easily soluable in water. You can get a bottle of glycerin in the first aid or vitamin/supplement aisle at most drugstores or supermarket for about $3.00USD, and distilled water is available in the bottled water aisle at any supermarket for about $1USD per gallon (it's typically sold for making up powedered baby formula).

Face Oil Recipe:

• 1 Oz. Kukui Nut Oil
• 6 Drops Ylang Ylang Oil
• 3 Drops Lavendar or Geranium Oil
• 2 Drops Bay Leaf Oil
• 1 Drop Rosemary Oil

Mix it up in an Amber or Cobalt blue glass bottle and make sure to shake it up before each use!

For those of you who have had luck with Decleor Ylang Ylang Aromessence, I have found this to be a great cheap replacement. You can substitute the Kukui Nut Oil with Hazelnut Oil If you like, but it must be refrigerated and made in very small batches as the shelf life is not very long. I chose Kukui Nut Oil to replace it for preservative purposes, and find it works just as well. If you are pregnant or breast feeding, do not use the Rosemary Oil...it can be toxic to babies. I replace Geranium Oil with Lavendar Oil in this recipe when I make it simply because I have it on hand, but geranium oil may be used in place of the lavendar for a product more similar to Decleor.
I haven't tried this recipe yet because I couldn't find the Kunuki Nut oil at Whole Foods, but I intend to make a batch as soon as I finish my bottle of Decleor Ylang Ylang oil...I'll probably end up having to order the kunuki nut oil from someplace online....

Hope these are helpful!
Carrie
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie,

Thank you so much for all your great posts!!! I made the Dr. H's cleansing cream. Made mine with Almonds and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (had no other oil in and I couldn't wait to try). I have an Ultimate Chopper and ground as fine as I could adding the oil until I got a consistancy that I liked. After blending I found that the almonds still felt too course. However, once I added a little hot water while in my hand all was fine. I stored the remaining in the refrig. After being in refrig. for a day it actually smells like the Dr. H. What is more pleasing is that it did the job!!

Thanks Carrie. I think you missed you calling in life. Very Happy
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Carrie,

Thank you so much for all your great posts!!! I made the Dr. H's cleansing cream. Made mine with Almonds and Extra Virgin Olive Oil (had no other oil in and I couldn't wait to try). I have an Ultimate Chopper and ground as fine as I could adding the oil until I got a consistancy that I liked. After blending I found that the almonds still felt too course. However, once I added a little hot water while in my hand all was fine. I stored the remaining in the refrig. After being in refrig. for a day it actually smells like the Dr. H. What is more pleasing is that it did the job!!

Thanks Carrie. I think you missed you calling in life. Very Happy

*wow* - really?! It even smelled like it? Winnie, I know that you really like the Dr H CC - so a thumbs up from you is quite something! I *will* try this - thanks, Carekate!
Pudoodles
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks carekate for posting all great recipes- I must try some, espceially the ylang ylang oil one. I have never heard of Kukui oil tho- hopefully I can find some.

Take care guys!!

maddy
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
Carrie-

Have just used your homemade Dr.H cleansing cream and am very impressed- has only been two uses but my skin feels so lovely after use.
I think this homemade stuff may be a new * spam alert *. Laughing Thankyou!

maddy
steph2039
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Just thought I would update this thread as I've just tried the homemade Dr. H.

I mixed mine using almond meal, grapeseed oil, and camelia oil. I really didn't measure anything out, but just kept adding oil to the mix until I received the desired consistency. This homemade Dr. H is great. I truly was surprised. My skin felt and looked exactly the same as when I'm using the Dr. H.

Thanks for posting the recipe. Since I've become a diehard Dr. H fan this allows me more to spend on their other products (the fact I just placed another Dr. H order confirms this Smile).

Stephanie
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 12, 2024 3:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |