Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lash Growth Enhancing Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lily53
5% products discount

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:15 am      Reply with quote
One more note, if you do order or use Travatan....

Travatan expires 4 weeks from the date it's opened. I would order a couple bottles at a time so you have the 2nd bottle ready to go on week 5 and you're not waiting for it in the mail. Plus, it'll save you on shipping costs every 4 weeks.
havana8

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Actifirm Actilash Eyelash Conditioner
Ingredients: Water, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Laureth-4, Butylene Glycol, Mucor Miehei Extract, Lentinus Edodes (Shiitake) Extract, Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi) Extract, Coriolus Versicolor (Coriolus) Extract, Panthenol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium Phosphate, Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

EDS just added this to the store:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/actifirm-actilash-eyelash-p_9734.htm
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Lily53 wrote:
One more note, if you do order or use Travatan....

Travatan expires 4 weeks from the date it's opened. I would order a couple bottles at a time so you have the 2nd bottle ready to go on week 5 and you're not waiting for it in the mail. Plus, it'll save you on shipping costs every 4 weeks.

Wow...that sure doesn't last long. Thanks for sharing that important piece of info!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I keep alternating Lumigan and and Jan Marini eye lash conditioner (edition prior to Marini Lash). My lashes look great. I believe I got a slight increase in lengths from using both as opposed to conditioner only.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

7 or 8 drops of Lumigan, mixed into a tube of Ardell Lash Conditioner, has given me longer, denser lashes. I've been using it for just under 8 weeks. At the 4 to 5 week mark the difference was very apparent. The bottom lashes responded quicker, better + faster than the top lashes, but now the growth seems to have equaled out.

I apply the mixture to my eyelids with an eyeliner brush at night. I haven't had any irritation, or color change to lids or iris.

During the day I sometimes use a plain tube of regular Ardell applied in the conventional way (mascara type wand), which gives great definition to my lashes and allows them to hold a curl all day.

ETA: Total expense for this experiment was about $5

HTH!

Just bumping my routine here to share what happened with a few pictures. (Not that anyone asked me publicly, but you guys are really killing me with PM's).. Wink My photography skills are no better now than they ever were, but hopefully you can get the idea. If I did it right, they will be in order.. July (before I used anything), August, September (apparent growth spurt here I think) and October (today in fact, and I stopped using everything 3 weeks ago). To me, it looks like my upper lashes are shrinking since the September pic.. Confused

I don't have any mascara/makeup on in any of the pictures. The 1st picture in July is my natural black color, the next 3 are after using Swiss O Par. (Coloring the blond tips really does make a difference!)

So anyway here ya go for what they're worth;

My thoughts (in case anybody gives a shittay.. Laughing )

-My eyes are still green (even though they look brownish in the pics, so no change there).

-Lots of lashes grew in above the lashline and in the inner corners of the eye, and had to be plucked often.

-The upper lashes of my right eye are a little longer than the left eye, but I opted to use the left eye pictures, because I would rather underestimate the results.

-about 6 weeks into this experiment, I noticed a little bald spot on my upper right lash line, but it filled back in very quickly. For some reason, the lashes had a crazy growth spurt on the right eye, and I think that's the reason.. (As of today, the right eye lashes are still about 20% longer than the left, but I can't explain why..I have always applied the serum absolutely equal in every way.. Confused Confused )

-My tube of Ardell, that has the 7 drops of Lumigan in, still has more than a third of a tube left, and is just beginning to show any sign of getting a *slightly* grayish cast after more than 4 months of being opened.

So that's my 2 cents worth, and I hope it helps..... Wink wave

Argghh!, I just checked the preview pane, and don't know why the first picture is gigantic...I tried everything to change it in photobucket and nothing worked......(The ironic thing is that would have been my last choice for the gigantic one... Laughing Laughing Laughing

*Looking for the photoshop 101 thread*.... Laughing

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I read somewhere, maybe even on this thread, that when applying lash growth conditioner one needs to alternate the first application eye. For example, one day start application with right eye, next time start application with left eye. The reason for such applications to make sure that the conditioner distributed evenly between two eyes, and to ensure equal lash growth on both eyes.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Kassy - I read somewhere, maybe even on this thread, that when applying lash growth conditioner one needs to alternate the first application eye. For example, one day start application with right eye, next time start application with left eye. The reason for such applications to make sure that the conditioner distributed evenly between two eyes, and to ensure equal lash growth on both eyes.

Or dip into the container before you do each eye.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:32 am      Reply with quote
does lumigan expire one month like travastan?Should you refridgerate it? Still havent received my lumigan from canada its been almost 2 weeks.... Confused
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Revitalash for about 2 months, and I can definitely tell that mine are thicker. They were already long.
Joyas

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I started using LiLash about a month ago. I have the WORST lashes imaginable! They are blonde, short, thin and sparse. Not only that, but I had holes where they had fallen out - no doubt from years & years of the eyelash curler, and (I believe) 20 years + of using baby oil to remove my eye make-up. Baby oil always worked great and was non-irritating. About 6 weeks ago, I went to get eyelash extensions put on, and she couldn't put them on because I didn't have enough lashes. That led me on a wild search for the best eyelash growth serum I could find (within a budget). I chose LiLash. And let me tell you .. if it worked on me, Ms. Loser Lash, it will work on anyone. It's been 5 weeks, and all the holes have filled in with lashes. They're all stronger. I have more lashes, and the ones I had are growing longer. Yes, it works - WELL. I rescheduled my eyelash extentions appointment for today. She said they looked SO MUCH better, but I still had a little patch that needed filling in more. So I rescheduled for December, and hopefully by then, they'll be ready for eyelash extensions. Also, I have been using strip (fake) eyelashes every day to give my real lashes a break - that's helped. Also, I've been using the NovaLash Pads to take my eye make-up off and it has Pomegranate oil in it, which I think has boosted the growth as well.

Because Lilash is pricey, I may try something cheaper in the future. I've read a lot about the RevitaLash, Skin Biology's Folligen, Super GHK Serum, Skinactive's KGF Serum, and Enormous Lash. Lilash was just my first try, but I am bound and determined to make my eyelashes long and full.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Joyas wrote:
I started using LiLash about a month ago. I have the WORST lashes imaginable! They are blonde, short, thin and sparse. Not only that, but I had holes where they had fallen out - no doubt from years & years of the eyelash curler, and (I believe) 20 years + of using baby oil to remove my eye make-up. Baby oil always worked great and was non-irritating. About 6 weeks ago, I went to get eyelash extensions put on, and she couldn't put them on because I didn't have enough lashes. That led me on a wild search for the best eyelash growth serum I could find (within a budget). I chose LiLash. And let me tell you .. if it worked on me, Ms. Loser Lash, it will work on anyone. It's been 5 weeks, and all the holes have filled in with lashes. They're all stronger. I have more lashes, and the ones I had are growing longer. Yes, it works - WELL. I rescheduled my eyelash extentions appointment for today. She said they looked SO MUCH better, but I still had a little patch that needed filling in more. So I rescheduled for December, and hopefully by then, they'll be ready for eyelash extensions. Also, I have been using strip (fake) eyelashes every day to give my real lashes a break - that's helped. Also, I've been using the NovaLash Pads to take my eye make-up off and it has Pomegranate oil in it, which I think has boosted the growth as well.

Because Lilash is pricey, I may try something cheaper in the future. I've read a lot about the RevitaLash, Skin Biology's Folligen, Super GHK Serum, Skinactive's KGF Serum, and Enormous Lash. Lilash was just my first try, but I am bound and determined to make my eyelashes long and full.

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum 'Joyas'... Very Happy

Hopefully by December you'll have nice thick, fringy lashes and no need for the extensions after all.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Angelhugs
5% products discount

Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Lumigan now for about 5 months. My lashes had improved significantly but for some reason, growth seems to have slowed down and dare I say it, my lashes have reverted to what they were. I gave them a two week break and then I introduced Travatan and alternated it with the Lumigan for the last 4 weeks but still not seeing much result.

Can you become 'immune' to the treatment? What should I try next? Has anyone else experienced this? Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:22 am      Reply with quote
THAT IS WHAT I WAS AFRAID OF!!!!!!!!!! Shock Shock tHAT IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!!! i USED THE ORIGINAL jm LAST YR AND HAD AWESOME results but then after 5 months they went back to normal. I am afraid the same will happen with lumigan.Is there anyone who has NOT had that happen to them and kept their long lashes?????
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used an lash enhancement product for more than 6 months, and although my lashes have looked pretty good,(from high intake of EFA's???) I'm thinking of trying one again. I have a TERRIBLE problem with dry eyes, and the products I've tried, altho' they worked, also dried out my eyes badly. (Original Revitalash and Enormous Lash) Rolling Eyes Is there any product that WON'T dry out the eyes?

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
littlepea
5% products discount

Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:11 am      Reply with quote
The results look absolutely amazing but I'm still a little concerned about the possible side effects. Lumigan was in the UK news last week. I can't link to the page but google "Daily Mail eye disease drug longer lashes" Smile

The last paragraph says "Britain's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency urged people not to use Lumigan to lengthen lashes until its use as a cosmetic is deemed safe." So I'll try and resist till it is approved.

In the meantime I've been using Ardell Lash & Brow Accelerator (which no doubt contains a load of nasties too Rolling Eyes ) for the past 2 weeks so I'll let you all know the results after another 2 weeks.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
ww.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/health-news/sight-loss-drug-to-be-

See link above about Allergan product on UK shelves soon...I too had fabulous results when I first used JM. But now even though I still have the original formula my lashes don't grow like they first did. The top ones are back to normal. Sniff. Boo hoo. Can't wait for this new product.

"The drug firm Allergan – the Ł1.5bn global company behind Botox – believes that Latisse could be worth millions worldwide. It was originally used to treat glaucoma, but scientific studies showed that, as a side effect, it made users' eyelashes longer. The company expects it to be approved by the US Food and Drug Administration shortly and to have it on shop shelves in the UK next year"

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
what is latisse?is it lumigan?
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
hiya lucyl,

I think Latisse is Allergan's name for the product based on the active ingredient in Lumigan though the article just mentions the chemical; not Lumigan - and indicates that they had sued other companies that had used the drug in lash enhancing products. I would not use Lumigan for lash growth. At the moment using Bourjois clubbing mascara but miss my long JM lashes I had before they fell out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I believe the original JM formula had lumigan in it....which may only temporarily work then.However my 80 yr old mom has had long lashes for a long time ,she uses lumigan for glaucoma. MPstat: you said you use both JM and lumigan and your lashes look great....how many moths have they been long?Mine stayed long for about 6 months and then....kaput!
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:13 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc - I am approaching six months threshold, so far I have the longest lashes ever. I believe that they are longer on Lumigan + JM combo then were on JM alone. A woman that was standing in front of me in line at the voting place all of a sudden commented on my unusually long lashes.

I hope to retain the results, and need to check if it is still the case in a couple of months.

After I run out of JM I am going to try Lumigan only.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:12 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
lucyluc - I am approaching six months threshold, so far I have the longest lashes ever. I believe that they are longer on Lumigan + JM combo then were on JM alone.

Woo Hoo .... Dancing Dancing

I so want to use the Lumigan on it's own, but I'm a chicken s-it.. Embarassed

Would you mind sharing exactly how you combined your use of JM and Lumigan. Do you mix it together? Apply one after the other?

Thanks for sharing your awesome results!

fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
revitalash doesn't work for me. Mine grew longer but then they all fell after awhile...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
... Would you mind sharing exactly how you combined your use of JM and Lumigan. Do you mix it together? Apply one after the other? ...

Kassy - I do not mix them, but apply on alternate days, e.g. one day Lumigan, and the next day JM. It is not Marini Lash, but a previous version JM Eye Lash Conditioner New Formula.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
... Would you mind sharing exactly how you combined your use of JM and Lumigan. Do you mix it together? Apply one after the other? ...

Kassy - I do not mix them, but apply on alternate days, e.g. one day Lumigan, and the next day JM. It is not Marini Lash, but a previous version JM Eye Lash Conditioner New Formula.

Ahhhh! Tis crystal clear now. I think I am going to do likewise..

Thanks!

FitFifty
5% products discount

Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Angel & Lucy,
I'm about at the one-year anniversary, and my lashes have not gone backward at all. I do see more fallouts than I used to, but I have more lashes than I used to, so that makes sense.
I started with old formula Revitalash, and am now using Lumigan, so both bimatoprost solutions. It took about 5 weeks of daily use for me to see a significant difference, and the increase in length and density continued to increase for a while. But, and I think this is important, when I stopped seeing additional length (I’d say at around 3 – 4 months), I cut back application to 3 times a week. In pharma-speak, toxicology is pharmacology at a higher dose – or, in plain English, use the smallest amount the least often you can to get or maintain acceptable results.
If your lashes are headed in the wrong direction, it could very well be a sign you’ve overdone it. I'd give it a rest entirely.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |