Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rosacea Lightstim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the review, door! Smile

I'm not sure yet whether to purchase a regular LED device with red and infrared waves or one specifically for rosacea (I just flush red easily when it's hot).

I'm guessing as long it has the red and infrared waves it will already be helpful, I also need it against acne scars, so it's good to hear your marks are lighter! Smile

some more about what red and infrared waves do:

Visible Red Light - Which has wavelengths of around 650 nanometers (nm) which can penetrate the top layer of skin tissue and has a positive effect on cuts, wounds, and scars.

Invisible Infrared Light - which has a wavelength around 950 nm is able to penetrate deeper -- making it more effective for bones, joints, and deep muscles.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that photolight therapy also reduces the production of melanin.. does it make your skin more vulnerable for sun damage then, I don't know ..?
door
5% products discount

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
You are welcome! Smile Humm, that's a good question about whether your skin will be more susceptible to the sun. I don't know. I have tried to be good about exposure to sunlight, ie, wearing a hat and sunglasses when I'm out at the parks everyday(I have a 5-year old son), and using sunscreen religiously so I have not been too concern about that.

For acne marks, I believe I read that Amber and or Green light is good too. Have you consider it? There is info on this from the LEDMAN thread, I believe. I haven't try it yet though as I already have the RLS and have too many other things that I want to spend $$ on. Unfortunately, my $$$ tree for skin-care is not limitless. Sad Smile
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
door wrote:

For acne marks, I believe I read that Amber and or Green light is good too. Have you consider it? There is info on this from the LEDMAN thread, I believe. I haven't try it yet though as I already have the RLS and have too many other things that I want to spend $$ on. Unfortunately, my $$$ tree for skin-care is not limitless. Sad Smile

no I didn't know that about the amber and green lights, will look that up, thnx!

Yeah I know, visiting this forum can become costly! Rolling Eyes Laughing
door
5% products discount

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Please do, and please let us know when you finally decided what to get.

Tell me about it. Before visiting this forum, I was perfectly happy with skincare and make-up from Costco. Embarassed Since then, I have purchased RLS, LouLou's Facial Exercise, Obagi Nuderm, ZO Jumpstart kit, Polish, and Sunscreen. Amazing. Shock Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
door, has the RLS done anything for your broken caps?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Kandy wrote:
has anyone tried the rosacea lightstim on spider veins?
I assume it would work for that too...
Question

Kandy, I had a fresh, single spider vein on my cheek, and it just dawned on me that it is now barely visible after three weeks of using the RLS! However, the old ones below my nostrils have not faded at all. I suppose that could be because the head size of the light makes it difficult to target such areas...and truth be told, I haven't been making the effort.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
door wrote:
Kandy, that's wonderful information, thanks for posting it. Smile

I share your frustration in being unable to find any info on the RLS when I was considering it a few months ago. Therefore, I just want to post and say that I have been using the Rosacea LS for 3 months now and so far, I really like it. I am not sure if I have rosacea per say but I do have redness, little broken cappilaries, occasional acne, and some hyperpigmentation. I called LS and was recommended the RLS by Steve, the owner (an absolutely friendly, and helpful person to talk to.) Anyhow, I really enjoy using it and has been using it on a regular basis. As I like the "warmth" that it generates, I think I leave it on for longer than the recommended time but I have never had issue from it. Result-wise, I do not have any more acne. YEAH! For all though they were occasional, they would be cyst, hurtful, and leaves dark marks forever. The redness has reduced, the hyperpigmentation and acne marks are lighter, and my overall skin tone appears to have lighten. I like the result a lot and so "inspired" by it that I'm now on the quest for "perfect skin". Smile Therefore, I'm going all out and just started the Obagi regiment. Hopefully, with it and the consistent use of RLS, my new skin will be "perfect".

Sorry for the long post. Please let me know if I can provide anymore input. Smile

door, it's so good to hear from someone who has been using the RLS for at least three months. I am so excited about your results! Good luck on your Obagi regimen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Kandy, I had a fresh, single spider vein on my cheek, and it just dawned on me that it is now barely visible after three weeks of using the RLS! However, the old ones below my nostrils have not faded at all. I suppose that could be because the head size of the light makes it difficult to target such areas...and truth be told, I haven't been making the effort.

nadjazz, do you have any spiders veins that are not "fresh" that the RLS has helped?
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
nadjazz wrote:

nadjazz, do you have any spiders veins that are not "fresh" that the RLS has helped?

Sorry, rileygirl, I've only noticed the change with that fresh one. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
baby wrote:
I've been using the Tanda skincare system, does anybody know the difference between it and Lightstim and BabyQuasar? I don't see much of a difference after a month of use.

baby, you might want to take a look at the threads referenced in this post from havana8:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=429695&highlight=#429695

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, nadjazz.
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:

that's great, nadjazz! I bet it will also help on spiderveins on the legs, but might take longer time if they are older veins. That's why I would love to have a 'Led bed' for the full body. Cool
door
5% products discount

Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi Riley Girl, sorry for the late response, I have been away from the computer for a while.

For broken caps, I didn't have really severe ones, just a couple of thin ones on my cheeks. I did have them for a while though. After reading your question, I went to look and can hardly see them. Of course, it could be due to my red skin on Obagi that camouflages it, Smile but in any case, it's not very visible anymore. Are you contemplating a RLS for broken caps issues?

Nadjazz, thanks for the well wishes on the Obagi system. So far, I am just red but I am hoping I'm going to like the end result very much. How are you doing with your RLS? Has your skin adjust to the warmth yet? I hope you will get great result from using it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
door wrote:
Hi Riley Girl, sorry for the late response, I have been away from the computer for a while.

For broken caps, I didn't have really severe ones, just a couple of thin ones on my cheeks. I did have them for a while though. After reading your question, I went to look and can hardly see them. Of course, it could be due to my red skin on Obagi that camouflages it, Smile but in any case, it's not very visible anymore. Are you contemplating a RLS for broken caps issues?

Thanks for the reply, door. I was contemplating a RLS for broken caps, but after "talking" with Steve, he thinks the AALS would be best for me. So now I am contemplating that one! That is very encouraging to hear about your broken caps. I don't have severe ones, but what I do have makes my cheeks look red all the time, and also makes my skin look uneven (if that makes sense!).
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
door wrote:

Nadjazz, thanks for the well wishes on the Obagi system. So far, I am just red but I am hoping I'm going to like the end result very much. How are you doing with your RLS? Has your skin adjust to the warmth yet? I hope you will get great result from using it.

Hi, door, thanks for asking! My skin did indeed adjust just fine to the warmth. In the first week, I could feel the heat radiating over my face, even making my ears warm! After about five days, though, my skin seemed to adjust, and it was no longer a problem.

My latest problem is extreme dryness. We've had some extremely cold days lately, so that may be part of it. But, I also think that my skin could not handle the 5-min treatments on a daily basis (as I did for about 21 days), even though I was slathering on my avocado oil/macadamia nut oil mix afterwards.
Recently, I tried applying a few drops of oil, letting it settle in for 20 mins, and then using the RLS. That helped, but I think I'm going to have to back off to every other day use. Taking a day off actually makes my skin look better! I think I'm going to contact the LightStim folks for advice on this....or perhaps Kassy will stop by with some pearls of wisdom. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! "Pearls of wisdom indeed" ... Laughing

nadjazz, listen to your skin, and follow the advice it gives you..

The dry skin is telling you to; give me less light, give me more water (in + out), and feed me nourishing things..

Your off to a good start with cutting your treatment to every other day, and perhaps try 3 minutes.. See how that goes and adjust from there.. (You only need to do 5 minute treatment on an active area of outbreak, to kill the bacteria.) 3 minutes is all that is needed elsewhere.

I'm glad to see you using the oils, because they really and truly are food for the skin.. Just one thing though, if you want to use a little pre treatment, apply it at least an hour before. Then right before your treatment, remove any residue that's left with a warm moist cloth, followed by a nice cold cloth.. This way you get all the benefit of the oils, and not take a chance of the 'light' being occluded by the oil.

While I have your interest peaked with oils, I'd also suggest you look into any of the following, in addition to avocado and macadamia;

squalane
virgin palm
coconut

Another thing that might help that dry skin, and not cause irritation, is to pick up a little bottle of glycerin and some distilled water, and you can make a nice light serum with an oil or two.

Steve mentioned something to me about a product called 'rejuve rx' (not sure if the spelling is right) that they recommend for those with Rosacea that are using the RLS.. Give them a call or email to double check that though..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
door
5% products discount

Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Riley girl, imho, Steve recommendation of the AALS for you makes sense. Personally, I wanted that one too as it has the amber light while RLS does not. The only reason I went for the RLS was because of its blue light, I needed it for acne at the time. I think now, the AALS would be better for me but of course, I do not want to buy another light anytime soon. The discovery of ZO is bad enough for my wallet already. Smile

Good luck with whichever (if any) that you decide. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, door. I do like to hear someone else say they agree with Steve on this!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
door wrote:
Hi Riley girl, imho, Steve recommendation of the AALS for you makes sense. Personally, I wanted that one too as it has the amber light while RLS does not. The only reason I went for the RLS was because of its blue light, I needed it for acne at the time. I think now, the AALS would be better for me but of course, I do not want to buy another light anytime soon. The discovery of ZO is bad enough for my wallet already. Smile

Good luck with whichever (if any) that you decide. Smile

door; Don't forget you have the 90 days to return, if you want to switch to the Anti-Aging or even the Acne light.. The Acne Light has blue/red/infrared as well, and I think is stronger than the Rosacea Light..

Riley; I think the AALS is the best choice for you, if in fact you decide to get an LED. It does deal with the issues you have.

If you decide to get it, you will find out long before the 90 days is up, what positive results you can expect.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kassy -
Thank you for the pearls, dear! Laughing

Your timing couldn't have been more perfect. I noticed a few tiny zits this morning (probably because I just switched to KH cleanser and didn't do a good job of removing), so I intend to spot-treat for 5 mins as you advised, and then 3 mins elsewhere.

Yes, I'm loving the oils! I just ran out of my squalane samples, and will probably try some coconut next. Oh, wait a minute...I'll be trying your rosacea recipe next! Can't wait for the ingredients to arrive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Riley; I think the AALS is the best choice for you, if in fact you decide to get an LED. It does deal with the issues you have.

If you decide to get it, you will find out long before the 90 days is up, what positive results you can expect.

Thank you, Kassy! I'll keep you all posted on what I decide! I am really leaning toward this, though.
door
5% products discount

Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:

door; Don't forget you have the 90 days to return, if you want to switch to the Anti-Aging or even the Acne light.. The Acne Light has blue/red/infrared as well, and I think is stronger than the Rosacea Light..

Thanks, Kassy. Humm, stronger, huh? I didn't know that. I wonder why Steve recommended the Rosacea one for me then? In any case, I have passed the 90 days limit already so I guess I will just continue to use it. I do like it so it's not really an issue. By the way, can you post or point the way to your rosacea recipe? I'm sure many people would love to learn more about it. Thanks! Very Happy
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
door wrote:
By the way, can you post or point the way to your rosacea recipe? I'm sure many people would love to learn more about it. Thanks! Very Happy

This is what I made for my Brother In Law for his Rosacea, and he gave it a thumbs up.. (Apply it AFTER your LED treatment though, not before. It's occlusive, and will not let the light penetrate.. It's strictly for soothing, healing and moisturizing.)

2 oz pure African or comparable shea butter (None of that whipped ready made crap, loaded with fillers!)
1 oz cold pressed avocado oil
1 oz base lotion (or coconut, saualane or palm oil if you prefer) A combination of these are good also.
2 Opti-MSM capsules, dissolved in about a TBS distilled water (then add to cream)
Co Q 10 (as directed for 4oz)
Niacinamide (as directed for 4oz)
Panthenol (vit B5) (as directed for 4oz)
Vitamin E (1/2 to 1 tsp...or you can omit, if you use another of the oils listed above.)

Melt the shea butter carefully and slowly a few seconds at a time in the microwave, add all other ingredients, mix well and store in a 4oz jar..

***Lots of us use MSM in powder form, and that is fine, as long as it doesn't have fillers and exipients. To check for purity just drop a 1/2 tsp into a half glass of water. If it sinks and dissolves immediately, it's pure and you are good to go!***
jud

Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a little torn on whether to buy the RLS or the AALS. Rosacea leaves my skin permanently red, which I clearly need to work on, but I'm turning 40 this year so also need help with crows feet and fine lines under my eyes.

Has anybody using the RLS seen any kind of an anti-aging effect? I can't really justify buying both lights right now.

Also, the EDS discount... do I just need to call the lightstim people and tell them I'm a member?

Thanks for any light you can shed on all this...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
jud wrote:
I'm a little torn on whether to buy the RLS or the AALS. Rosacea leaves my skin permanently red, which I clearly need to work on, but I'm turning 40 this year so also need help with crows feet and fine lines under my eyes.

Has anybody using the RLS seen any kind of an anti-aging effect? I can't really justify buying both lights right now.

Also, the EDS discount... do I just need to call the lightstim people and tell them I'm a member?

Thanks for any light you can shed on all this...

If you have been diagnosed with Rosacea, then I would assume you are on meds.. If that is the case, and you still remain very red, I'm thinking before you throw an LED into the mix, you get some of the inflammation under control first with a medication adjustment.. The LED, in my opinion, would be a nice add on to a good overall skin regime, but it is in no means meant to be a cure all.

You mentioned wanting to address crows feet and undereye lines, and although the AALS did indeed soften mine by about 70%, that particular LED might be to warm for you.. And I don't think the Rosacea light would address that as well, because it doesn't contain amber diodes..

Please do plenty of research, and wait to hear what other Rosacea sufferers can offer you in regards to what specific results you can expect.. It is a big commitment in both time as well as money, so really be sure it's the best device for your needs.

If you do decide to get a LightStim, just call or email that you are an EDS member, to recieve the ongoing 10% off..

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |