Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Valmont Ingredient Listings
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
januarui wrote:
2. I only saw three kinds of ingredients listed in here-- (1)oils to keep moisture. (2)silicon to make the feeling of use good. (3) paraben.

Can anyone tell me which ingredient there is doing its anti-aging job?

januarui wrote:
What are people expecting of their products in terms of formulation.....?

ok, after reading back i think i missed your point first...

you mean, valmont (as an example) might have just ingredients with an immediate effect on the skin only, while you are expecting something what - in addition - has some "slow-down-aging-process" function Question

to be honest, and i feel a little embarassed, i have never thought about this point...

my moisturizer and serum works very good on me, but it has just "old-fashioned" ingredients (such not best known or popular for anti-aging products)..

so - what you are saying is, that these (immediate) improvements are not enough, as there are more efficient ingredients, which slow down the whole anti-aging process Question

edited: your last posting i didnt see when i wrote this one... but - it refers to this point as well, i think...
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
The point is we know too little about life science that we can not do some precise experiments or some difficult experiments. A good example is medical treatments, now if someone goes to see a doctor, he/she basically gives him some drugs which has only one or two components supposed to treat diseases. Has anyone got such a drug that none of the components will work individually but combination will. And we all know that medical and biological researches are way more scientifically developed than skincare industry (imagine how much researches going on there and how many publication s on Pubmed).If medical researches haven't reached that point, how could assume Valmont will? And why Swiss has so many famous, expensive skincare lines? That is because Swiss has good biological researches there. So the final point is Biological and medical researches PLUS ancient medicines are the basis of skincare industries. If biological and medical sciences haven't reach that level, you had better not rely on skincare researches.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, racheli, I think if you go to those elegent skincare lines' ad, you will always find them saying my products are supposed to be anti-aging or make you look younger. So if they are just doing some moisture or good feel jobs, why do we bother spending hundreds of $$$ on them, why not buy a drugstore product? They built up a dream for us that we can fight aging, then the reality is that we are just treated with some basic moisturizers, except they are more pleasant to use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:11 am      Reply with quote
why is Triclosan added to many of the creams? what is it supposed to do there?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:

i guess act as an antibacterial...i have heard lotts of people being very sensitive to this...like their skin shedding from using an antibacterial soap with triclosan in it.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:35 am      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
Aiva wrote:

i guess act as an antibacterial...i have heard lotts of people being very sensitive to this...like their skin shedding from using an antibacterial soap with triclosan in it.

hm.. but what is antibacterial ingredient added to, say, Eye&Mouth Contour cream for? Confused
or to Regenetic (hydrating) cream?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
who knows...it doesn't have any benefits to the skin. could be being used as a preservative but they already have parabens
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sourced fromwww.cosmeticscop.com

triclosan. Good antibacterial agent used in many products, from those for oral hygiene to cleansers (Sources: Federation of European Microbiological Societies Microbiology Letter, August 2001, pages 1–7; and American Journal of Infection Control, April 2000, pages 184–196). However, whether triclosan is effective for treatment of acne has not been researched. There is also controversy over whether or not triclosan may contribute to creating strains of bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics due to its overuse in cosmetic products. There also is concern about whether, in practical use, it can in fact impart the benefits of disinfection indicated on the label (Source: Journal of Hospital Infection, August 2001, Supplement A, pages S4–S).
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:50 am      Reply with quote
so that`s why I`m asking! - is Valmont Eye&Mouth Contour cream supposed to be disinfectant? Laughing
and Regenetic hydrating cream also! Laughing

Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
Interesting bit on nonmedical uses of Triclosan:

Anti-bacterial chemical back in the spotlight
http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news/ng.asp?n=86395-beyond-pesticides-epa-triclosan
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/news/ng.asp?n=86395-beyond-pesticides-epa-triclosan

thank you for the link havana!
I like it less and less and would stay away from Valmont`s products containing it Shock

Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Triclosan included in NGO's chemical risk list
By Katie Bird | 18-Sep-2008

International NGO ChemSec has released a list of chemical substances for which it feels companies should be searching for alternatives.

The Substitute it Now (SIN) list was presented yesterday by ChemSec (the International Chemicals Secretariat) in Brussels and includes 267 chemicals that the group feels are of high concern.

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/layout/set/print/content/view/print/219894
http://www.chemsec.org/list/

Reach SIN* List 1.0
http://www.chemsec.org/documents/080917_reach_sin_list.pdf

Methodology
http://www.chemsec.org/documents/080917_SIN_List_methodology.pdf
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
havana8 wrote:

thank you for the link havana!
I like it less and less and would stay away from Valmont`s products containing it Shock

It did put me off seeing the ingredient list, I almost finished Valmont's DNA repair serum and 24 hour cream,and I am not going to repurchase them as they are just so so for me. I did love the renewing pack for a while but it's too expensive.
dlynne9
5% products discount

Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Valmont's Hand Lotion and Body Lotion for over a year. While I don't expect them to provide any anti-aging benefit, they do provide everyday relief and are soothing for my post-menopausal body skin. As far as this goes, Valmont to date has been superior to other products on my body.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
dlynne9 wrote:
I have used Valmont's Hand Lotion and Body Lotion for over a year. While I don't expect them to provide any anti-aging benefit, they do provide everyday relief and are soothing for my post-menopausal body skin. As far as this goes, Valmont to date has been superior to other products on my body.

I have to agree with you on Valmont hand products. Both the hand cream and treatment have been updated and EDS is now stocking them. I have already added them to my next order and can't wait to try them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
januarui wrote:
I won't buy Valmont products in the future after I saw all the ingredients listed here.

1. DNA and RNA won't work to do either anti-aging or anti-pigmentation et al. As they are readily degraded by DNase and RNase ever existing in the environment. The degradation products are nucleotides which is a nutrient that everyone's body can create themselves.

2. I only saw three kinds of ingredients listed in here-- (1)oils to keep moisture. (2)silicon to make the feeling of use good. (3) paraben.

Can anyone tell me which ingredient there is doing its anti-aging job?

totally agree with you!!! According to the ingredient list, it can only be a nice balanced chemical mixture instead of being a miracle
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:57 am      Reply with quote
These are the ingredients for most of the Valmont Hair Repair products:

Valmont Hair Repair Regenerating Cleanser
Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Stearic Acid, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Myristyl Sulphate, Panthenol, Butyrospermum ParkII (Shea Butter), Keratin, Mannitol, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, Pantolactone, Sodium DNA, Hydrolized Keratin, Magnesium DNA, Calcium DNA, Urea, Hydrolyzed RNA, Glutamic Acid, Sodium Cetyl Sulphate, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Chloride, Laureth-10, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Stearyl Sulphate, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium EDTA, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Disodium Succinate, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, ButylPhenyl Methylpropional.

Valmont Hair Repair Restoring Mask
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Esters, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Butyrospermum ParkII (Shea Butter), Panthenol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyquaterium-10, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Keratin, Mannitol, Pterocarpusmarsupium Bark Extract, Acetyl Tyrosine, Arctium Majus Root Extract, Arginine, Calcium Pantothenate, Hydrolysed Soy Protein, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Zinc Gluconate, Sodium DNA, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Magnesium DNA, Pantolactone, Calcium DNA, Urea, Citrulline, Glucosamine HCL, Niacinamide, Ornithine HCL, Hydrolyzed RNA, Biotin, Glutamic Acid, Sodium Citrate, Polyquaternium-11, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Disodium Succinate, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, ButylPhenyl Methylpropional.

Valmont Hair Repair Sublimating Serum
Cyclopentasiloxane, Water (Aqua), Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Panthenol, Potassium Dimethicone Peg-7 Panthenyl Phosphate, Sodium DNA, Magnesium DNA, Calcium DNA, Keratin, Mannitol, Pterocarpus Marsupium Bark Extract, Urea, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Palmitoyl Myristyl Serinate, Pantolactone, Hydrolyzes RNA, Glutamic Acid, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxyethyl, Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl, Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Peg-8, Lauric Acid, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Disodium EDTA, Peg-8/SMDI Copolymer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance, Disodium Succinate, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinamal, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Citral.

Valmont Hair Repair Repairing Oil
Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Hordeum Distichon (Barley) Extract, Panthenyl Triacetate, Dimethyl Oxobenzo Dioxasilane, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwod) Extract, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Amp-Isostearoyl, Wheat/Corn/Soy Amino Acids, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Aminomethyl Propanol, Isostearic Acid, Fragrance, Benzyl Salicylate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinamal, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Geraniol, Citral.

Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |