Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
WARNING Anna Belina Organic Skincare WARNING
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad that I found this post. I stumbled across Anna Bellina and was really impressed by all of the information she has on her website, and was JUST about to order when I decided to Google it and came across this on the first page of search results. You saved me a lot of money! Thank you. Very Happy
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Anyone else have a problem with this policy?

"Substitution/Typos Policy
Anna Bellina is not responsible for typos of price or description. "

Uh, how is she NOT responsible for typos if she's the one who TYPED it??!

In other words: "Even though I may say that an item costs $20, it may actually cost $100 and it's not my fault. It was a typo, so it's your fault!"
bunsnpigs

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
I posted last year and stuck with it anyway, even with the higher prices.

After years and years of searching for the right skincare for my aging and acne-prone skin, I happened upon Anna Bellina. I did some research on her website and ordered some samples. They were wonderful, and I ended up ordering her Superskin system, even after discovering all of the negative comments online about their policies. The line is comparable to Tracie Martyn, and her skincare is extremely expensive.

Patricia makes up the skincare by hand, as its ordered, and there are absolutely no nasty chemicals or allergens in it. Its 95% vegan and organic and rich. Its fabulous, and yes, the Superskin system is very expensive. But she has various lines that she offers at different price levels, and some are quite reasonable. I admit that I've spent too much on the Anna Bellina products, but I am addicted now because my skin looks SO much better. I've tried so many over the years (I am in my 50's) and spent way more than this on creams and serums that just made my face break out or give me an oily sheen or dry me out. Plus, take a look at the ingredients and you will see that hers are so pure compared to anything you can possibly purchase from the likes of Clinique or Lancome or even companies that say they are natural like Ahava. They all have horrible additives, and Anna Bellina has none of that. Have you seen Perricone's ingredients? You will find amidst all of the anti-aging miracles the ugly cancer-causing ingredients like parabens. I tried it anyway, and that stuff made me scab up under my eyes. Ugh.

Anna Bellina is a tiny company and I doubt that they came up with their policies without having gone through some painful issues that caused them to CREATE those policies.

If you don't want to abide by the policies, then don't order it! She has a right to place these constraints on customers. I am truly happy with the products. I can't say enough about them.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
No I'm sorry, I don't agree. She is selling a service, and she represents what the company is.

I don't care how good her product is, if she treats her customers the way that she does, it is a company I can not support or make a purchase from.
bunsnpigs

Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Then you don't have to buy them!!! Confused
SourApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Of course no one has to buy those products, but it's the nature of this forum to post our reviews about many aspects of companies. More than how the actual products work, also including things like customer service. And considering a policy that doesn't even make sense, a la "If I make a mistake, it's your fault" combined with the unprofessional treatment towards customers, I am glad that I found this post and therefore saved some money.
bunsnpigs

Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I am not usually a tolerant person when it comes to customer service since I am in that business myself, but I have very sensitive skin and I am also gluten, soy, dairy, and egg intolerant. I also want all organic skin care without parabens and other scary substances. So, I have made the AB policies something I agree to in order to use her products. They are outstanding quality (in my opinion).

The availability of this kind of skincare on the internet is scarce. If you've moved on to other skincare that is at least equal in quality and price, I would like to know about it. So far, I haven't seen it or found it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just read this whole thread, and I have to say that this was the most entertainment I have had all week.

My observations:

- There is a definite reason that this woman has her own company...she can't work with other people!! And I am sure that any other company that prided themselves on customer service would fire her in no time, lol.

- I don't care how great her products are...they just aren't worth the crappy service. And one day, something WILL happen with YOUR order, and it will be your turn to be the BAD customer. Shock

- But, instead of anger, we should look upon her with pity....anyone who is THAT disillusioned about customer service has SERIOUS personal issues. This is someone who is consumed by anger and the incompetence of the rest of the world (basically everyone but her). This is a very, very sad way to live life...though she externalizes to such a high degree that she will never see this.

For those that continue to order from this company, we can only hope that at least a portion of the proceeds goes toward mental therapy when someone eventually has her committed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
bunsnpigs wrote:
Then you don't have to buy them!!! Confused

Buns...you sound a little emotional here.

I realize all 4 of your 4 posts have been praising AB, and we definitely appreciate the perspective.

However, our discussions shouldn't be any reason for you to be upset...you can still buy her products!

Hmmm...but I guess that won't be true if she goes out of business based on how she treats everyone else. Confused Oh well..only she can change that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:
I tried to order from her once.

I was first sent a brochure which contained a checklist to help decide if the product was for me, I had 2 weeks to ship it back, after I filled it out, I was mailed a large instructional manual as well as a video...I then proceeded to order (I was so excited)! Next I received a large box which I was told to place my mother in as a safety deposit, because apparently I only scored around average on the IQ test on the manual Mad Mad Mad Anyways, I sent my mom away and I received my package! The package was *huge*! I was so excited to open it! Inside was a personal cosmetics assistant, and another instruction manual on how to apply the lotion. I did it wrong the first few times, but the personal cosmetics assistant yelled at me and made sure to break my furniture! I got the application right soon after that! I haven't heard from my mom yet, but my skin sure looks great!

This was THE best post of the thread, and kind of summed everything up! And all of the looney policies ran a close 2nd place. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
edenfield wrote:
I tried to order from her once.

I was first sent a brochure which contained a checklist to help decide if the product was for me, I had 2 weeks to ship it back, after I filled it out, I was mailed a large instructional manual as well as a video...I then proceeded to order (I was so excited)! Next I received a large box which I was told to place my mother in as a safety deposit, because apparently I only scored around average on the IQ test on the manual Mad Mad Mad Anyways, I sent my mom away and I received my package! The package was *huge*! I was so excited to open it! Inside was a personal cosmetics assistant, and another instruction manual on how to apply the lotion. I did it wrong the first few times, but the personal cosmetics assistant yelled at me and made sure to break my furniture! I got the application right soon after that! I haven't heard from my mom yet, but my skin sure looks great!

This was THE best post of the thread, and kind of summed everything up! And all of the looney policies ran a close 2nd place. Laughing

I know! It still makes me cry with laughter each time I read it. Laughing
broo7cr
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
About Anna Bellina products and customer service:

I live in Northeast Georgia and I have been ordering and using Anna Bellina products for about a year. They are the best. Patricia is constantly improving them and I have had no bad experiences with the customer service.

My daughter lives in South Florida(where I am from) and she uses and loves Anna Bellina products. She has had no problems with the customer service.

Sorry for you guys who had bad experiences with this company. You are missing out on a lot of good products. I have tried many lines over the years for my sensitive, rosacea skin and her O line is the best out there. She also has a lot of other good things to use such as her retinol plus.

Good luck to all of you on your quest for better skin.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
broo7cr wrote:
About Anna Bellina products and customer service:

I live in Northeast Georgia and I have been ordering and using Anna Bellina products for about a year. They are the best. Patricia is constantly improving them and I have had no bad experiences with the customer service.

My daughter lives in South Florida(where I am from) and she uses and loves Anna Bellina products. She has had no problems with the customer service.

Sorry for you guys who had bad experiences with this company. You are missing out on a lot of good products. I have tried many lines over the years for my sensitive, rosacea skin and her O line is the best out there. She also has a lot of other good things to use such as her retinol plus.

Good luck to all of you on your quest for better skin.

Broo, thanks a lot for weighing in here--- it's interesting to hear about your experiences. However, to be quite honest, I don't care if I'm missing out on the best products on earth, I'm not going to take a chance on being yelled at, ridiculed, or overcharged, just because I didn't understand the (complicated) ordering procedures. Sweet old Anna can keep her delightful products all to herself as far as I'm concerned!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, interesting thread... I'm just sorry to have missed all the vitriol and odd behavior, er, I mean - fun...

In any case, this nutcase, er, I mean "independent skin care maker" - reminds me of those eBay sellers who have draconian Terms of Service that go on for forty pages - and a product descriptor that's two paragraphs long. Always a sure sign that one should back away slowly and find elsewhere to spend money.

Even if Ms. Anna's products are the best in the world - I certainly can't imagine spending my hard earned money to support such appalling behavior. (And, while she may not be rude to everyone - it's kind of like saying "Well, it's not so bad - she only kicks every *third* puppy she sees!")

Not only that - but if she's so cavalier with other people's money and credit cards (when she knows people are watching!) - who knows what is really going on with her products (when no one can see what she's doing in her kitchen).

All I can say is that I'm glad she's not my neighbor. (I have two puppies - and odds are good that one of them would be in for an Anna kick...) Laughing
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
Interestingly, it looks like Anna Bellina may be changing their name to Anna's Bath & Body Boutique ....the new storefront looks like it is designed to be all encompassing (perfume, skin, bath, etc.). The policies page for the new site was written in a slightly softer manner, but much of the wording was still the same.

That's one way to avoid the negative press of the old brand, but we'll see if the service changes.

Quote:

Anna Bellina has a Sister Site!!

Ya just gotta check out the new site at

Anna's Bath & Body Boutique
Bath & Body on Sale!

This is equivalent to moving half a business from Atlanta to Manhattan and will include many fabulous customer perks once the transition is complete

http://store.annabellina.com/whatsnew.html

5% products discount

Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Three great certified organic/natural product lines: Miessence Australia, Mercola organic skin care, and Rocky Mountain Soap skin care!!!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Interestingly, it looks like Anna Bellina may be changing their name to Anna's Bath & Body Boutique ....

It is interesting but I still say "no thanks" to her stuff. If you ask me you cant make a come back from being rude to so many customers.
france4me

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered 20 dollars of Anna bellina products and now I'm disappointed. I wish I could cancel my order. I'm looking for a paraben free oil free sunblock for acnegenic skin.. I think you should really go to the BBB. I will if I have a similar experience although, now... I don't think I will reorder from her ever. It's so WRONG that that happened to you and she should not be able to get away with it! It's called FRAUD!
AnnKristin

Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
DO NOT ORDER from Anna Bellina!!!
I ordered yesterday. They had a storewide 25% off sale.
But not for me!
Here is unfortunately upside down what they responded.
Please excuse my spelling - I'm german and live since a year in Florida.

Me:

I don’t know because I didn’t get the 25%!

If you can’t afford to give a 25% discount, don’t do it.

And please explain how your customers can find out which item in which section is included the sale.

Anna Bellina:

Storewide means every section but not every item. 25% is darn generous for such a small business as ours.

Skincerely,
Christina & Patricia

Me:

So “STOREWIDE” aren’t every items?

Anna Bellina:

Not all items were on sale.

Skincerely,
Christina & Patricia

Me:

Hello!

I ordered yesterday. Read your policies, akted like you described to get the discount.

So, why didn’t you apply it?

I looked up my bank statement and you already took $69.85 instead of $54.37.

Will I get a refund?

Sincerely,

Ann Kristin
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
AnnKristin - I had similar experience several years ago. The sale was very confusing and when I asked a question about it I was told something like 'thats just way it is, get use to it'.
I'm surprised they are still in business.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I tried their stuff a long time ago and wasn't impressed at all. I got the same thing with the bottles. On the site, they were shown to be pretty bottles with nice labels, and mine didn't come that way.

The cleanser and other product I ordered also were just of inferior quality. There are plenty of other small businesses out there that do a better job with customer service and packaging.
debran420

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I found the owner the owner pretty nasty indeed. I placed an order, I had ordered in the past, waited and waited, finally emailed her, she said my credit card declined. My bankcard people said she didnt have correct code from the back, she never asked for it in her form, so she made up one, of course it was declined! I was so pissed, would I really place an order w/ no money in the bank. I asked her why I wasnt notified, she said its not her job to take care of my finances, no wonder she is out of business. Anna Bellina, and Skinbypat, terrible customer service Confused
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |