Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Home Spa Recipes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have a recipe for rejuvinating facial oil That I love here it is,

1 1/2 ounce jojoba oil
10 drops borage oil
10 drops vitamin E oil
3 drops geranium oil
3 drops neroli oil
3 drops rosewood oil
2 drops fennel oil
2 drops frankincense oil
2 drops sandelwood oil
1 drop vetiver oil

Mix jojoba, borage and vitamin E oil together. Add the essential oils and gently mix

massage on damp cleansed skin (several drops) am and pm.
I have very normal skin although 55, this I would not reccomend for anyone with oily or acne prone skin. I use this under my mineral makeup,
I just wait 15-20. minutes for skin to fully absorb the mixture. I am stuck for the time being in a very hot humid climate, think open your front door to a sauna.
I also use different carrier oils just because I can LOL. I like to give skin the benifits of different atributes of varrying oils.
I have many recepies I have collected over the years, will post more on DIY forum as time permits.
I am at this time caretaker for 88year old father, end stage CHF plus many other medical issues.
I am glad I found this forum it is great to read all of the posts, and find other cosmetic addicts to share with. I need the distraction and I honestly hope I can help others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone
another recipe:

Chapped (or cracked) Skin Oil

1 ounce Jojoba oil or carrier oil of choice!
4 drops Benzion rezin
3 drops Frankincense oil
3 drops Myrrh oil
2 drops Bergamot oil

Bergomot oil increases sun sensitivy, so sunscreen or avoid exposure while using. Omit it if you can't resist sun exposure or don't like to use sunscreen.

This is a recipe from a certified aromatherapist and licensed esthetician as well as a cosmetic chemist.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Dark Moon - do you have a cure for constant dry lips? Help! I'm desperate! Have tried every lip balm on the market.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
This can be patted onto lips, great for overnight. It can be used on face (lips included).
I have some great recipes for all natural lip balms have to dig them out and will post asap.
When I started DIY I went wild and made tons of lip balms so it has been a little while, have a bunch stored in fridge LOL.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Dark Moon - do you have a cure for constant dry lips? Help! I'm desperate! Have tried every lip balm on the market.

I asked DarkMoon the same question on another thread!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Healing Lip Balm

Ingredients:

1 tsp. beeswax pellets
1 tsp. cocoa butter (previously ground in food processor for easy measuring)
1/2 tsp. jojoba oil
1/2 tsp. Nature's Gate vitamin E oil (This is what I had on hand to use. It is vit. E in a base of grapeseed and calendula oils. I'm sure you can substitute with a similar oil that has healing properties.)
5 drops (or less) peppermint essential oil
2 drops tea tree essential oil
Instructions:

Melt everything except essential oils in a double boiler. Remove from heat. Let cool slightly before adding essential oils. Pour into lip balm tin, cap tightly and let cool.
(I like this in a small lip balm tin that I keep in my front pants pocket. Body heat softens the lip balm slightly, but is still good when at room temperature. I'm not sure, but it may be too soft in a lip balm tube that's kept in the front pants pocket. In this case, a little more beeswax may help.)

I play around with mine to get texture right. And, I like to make large 8 oz of the base, (oils and wax) keep it then warm up and add actives when I need to refill.
Hope it works for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I am not really partial to cocoa butter(all the time) the odor makes it all taste like chocolat
I sometimes replace it with Shea, mango, hemp ect. ect. Try different combo's to get the consistancy that suits you. I also use pure Vitamin E oil in mine, also add a sprinkle of menthol drops (solid) as I find it really soothing, cinnamon bark EO after they are healed does the plumping like lip venom, also as with slot of DIY recipes on the forum adding HA will increase plumping increadibly so add away. I also use different oils besides jojoba Avocado being one of my favorites. The main recipe is something I found about 5 years ago hence all my additions and alterations.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Great for OCM DRY SKIN ONLY

1 oz. jojoba oil (or your fave carrier oil)
2 drops myrrh oil
2 drops sandelwood oil
1 drop benzoin rezin
1 drop fennel oil
1 drop frankincense oil

mix in clean container, massage into skin gently wipe off with very warm cloth.....basic OCM method just be gentle, follow with the dry skin oil, I like to use them over still damp skin and rub into the skin well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
This weekend I tried a DIY Hot Oil Treatment

Hot Oil Treatment
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp jojoba oil
3 tbsp avocado oil
mix all 3 together and warm in a hot water bath (if anyone knows if using the microwave is ok please let me know)

- rinse hair with warm water, wring out excess water; apply warm oil
- wrap hair in plastic wrap; apply warm towel (I used the dryer)
- leave on for 30+ minutes

I have pretty damaged hair, it has recently began to feel/look like hay. I can say that I have seen a noticeable improvement with just one treatment. I am hoping to get to do this weekly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

Hot Oil Treatment
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp jojoba oil
3 tbsp avocado oil
mix all 3 together and warm in a hot water bath (if anyone knows if using the microwave is ok please let me know)

- rinse hair with warm water, wring out excess water; apply warm oil
- wrap hair in plastic wrap; apply warm towel (I used the dryer)
- leave on for 30+ minutes

I have pretty damaged hair, it has recently began to feel/look like hay. I can say that I have seen a noticeable improvement with just one treatment. I am hoping to get to do this weekly.

That looks awesome Alley 'Cat'.. My hair is beyond frazzled between the heat, sun + pool.. I'm desperate for a deep conditioning, and will try your recipe tomorrow..

My thought to your question is that Avocado + Coconut are both used for cooking, so I see no reason why you can't zap it for 10 seconds in the microwave.. Then add the Jojoba to that.. I wouldn't make it too hot though, because you want to leave the nutrients preserved..

A little of that on the face would be nice also.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I was afraid of the microwave as I was tweaking a recipe I found and it recommended the water bath - pain in the you know know what...
It was nice on the face - as it dripped down of course Laughing

I forgot to put in the recipe that after the 30 minutes to wash your hair with baby shampoo or a shampoo with minimal stuff (no deep cleansing etc) and condition with your regular conditioner.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been using a modified version of Kassy's recipe below, substituting coconut oil for olive, and I find it works very well. It's less greasy than olive oil and can be washed out in one go. I don't follow with regular conditioner, but just a dollop of SKB on towel dried hair and it's just soft and fluffy. Very Happy
Thank you Kassy!
Kassy_A wrote:
HAIR GLOSS + DEEP CONDITIONER
1 Mason jar (or any glass jar with lid you have on hand)
2 TBS lemon juice (fresh is best!)
1 cup of honey (raw from health food or Whole Foods store is best!)
1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil (very dry or overprocessed, use 1/2!)

Put all in jar and stir/shake well. It will get better as it sits, so make a day or so in advance.. Storing at room temp is fine. If you want to keep it in fridge, just decant what you need about an hour prior to use.

Scoop out enough to coat all of hair from root to tips. Comb through all of hair with a wide tooth comb or hair pick, pile hair on top of head, cover with a plastic shower cap or Saran Wrap, leave on at least 30 minutes (an hour is great!), and shampoo as usual.

For a more intense treatment apply heat with your blow dryer once you've put the plastic on, for 5 minutes.

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Recipes for encouraging hair growth one oil scalp treatment and one shampoo

1 oz Jojoba oil 
4 drops Clary sage oil 
4 drops Rosemary oil 
2 drops Cederwood oil 
2 drops Ylang Ylang oil 

that is the basic recipe 
I also like to add 2/3 drops peppermint as it 
also stimulates circulation. 

Add all to a container and gently mix, mix before each use. 
Massage some on scalp every day. Leave on at least 30 minutes (overnight if you can) use just enough to massage, too much and it may drip and that can be a pain! 
Shampoo. 
That is it. 

Shampoo for thinning hair: 

8 oz unsented shampoo 
12 drops Rosemary oil 
10 drops Clary Sage oil 
8 drops Cederwood oil 
6 drops Ylang Ylang oil 

again I like to add some peppermint oil 
just blend and use, always blend before use.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DarkMoon, I'm not sure if you know about this thread yet but links to all your recipes have been added to the DIY Recipe Index. Thanks for sharing. Smile
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=96107#96107
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

For those using all the great hair recipes, so many fantastic ones thanks to all.
I use a heat cap I am on my second one, my first lasted about 35 years. Most beauty supply stores carry them, when I needed to replace mine after all those years I found them at Sally's I bought one for each of my daughters as well. I find it very convenient to use I can plug it in sit on the bed do a mask OCM pluck those pesky stray hairs ect. Both that I have had have adjustable heat setting so can adjust to your comfort level. For me my poor arm gets tired trying to use a blow dryer and these are cheaper and less cumbersome then hood style hair dryers.
HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Havana8 That is so cool, a lot of work there! I just LOVE this place  it is just awesome and people here are wonderful!
Whoever put the work into that index really made it so easy to find recipes for all us mad chemist types.

I see it was Masby THANKS MASBY 

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon, it's "havana8" that has been working like a demon to index all of our DIY recipe's.. Mabsy started the thread initially, but it's 'havana8' that has been indexing all the recipe's. (I don't know how she keeps up with all of us.. I wouldn't even be able to keep track of my own recipe's if it weren't for her.. Embarassed )

Here's a nice site with a slew of 'aromatherapy' recipe's..

http://birchhillhappenings.com/recipes/newones.htm

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed Thanks for clearing that up Kassey
Thanks for the hard work Havana8

I will check out the link hmmmmmm more recipes uh oh!

ETA
http://store.annabellina.com/massagemyth.html
link for facial massage, HOW TO GIVE YOURSELF A FIRMING FACIAL MASSAGE.....just thought with all our oil recipes a nice site loads of info very detailed instructions and pics It is FIRMING

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
You people smell wonderful! (except for the eggs)

I didn't notice coconut milk in the ingredients - maybe I missed it. It's coconut endosperm, for nourishing the complexion.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:44 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon I have a question, I bought Clary Sage oil as an ingredient to minimize shaving on my legs. Does it actually encourage hair growth... Confused Confused Confused Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I used the above recipe for oldest daughter a few years back. She had gone on the pill and developed two blood clots was put on Heparin in the hospital, then on coumadin for over a year. Her hair thinned so badly she was in tears at times. I mixed these for her regularly, after six months her hair was back to "crowning glory" thick full shiny healthy and beautiful! Maybe it is the combo, I don't know but I saw first hand what it did for my daughter! Now 4 years later hers is still amazing.

HTH

ETA

link with info:

http://www.kgstiles.com/healthsolutions/stophairloss.htm

INGREDIENTS: A synergistic aromatherapy essential oils blend of pure organic & wild crafted Ylang Ylang, Rosemary verbenone, Thyme, Atlas Cedarwood, Lavender, German Chamomile,
Yarrow, Clary Sage and other pure essential oils in Light Coconut oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
Alley wrote:

Hot Oil Treatment
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp jojoba oil
3 tbsp avocado oil

BRILLIANT

Loved it!

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
For those plaugued by orange peel skin

For cellulite

Recipe: 

4 oz carrier oil of choice 
10 drops cypress oil 
10 drops lemon oil 
10 drops orange oil 
5 drop rosemary oil 
4 drops cederwood oil 
4 drops coriander oil 
3 drops fennel oil 
3 drops clary sage oil 
2 drops patchouli oil 

best applied to areas with cellulite after shower or bath while skin is still damp. 

I have a chart of amounts of oils (EO's) per ounce, will post when I find it! 

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Alley wrote:

Hot Oil Treatment
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp jojoba oil
3 tbsp avocado oil

BRILLIANT

Loved it!

I am pretty sure the microwave is not a problem at all, as long as it is just long enough to get the mixture warm.
Sounds good to me as well!
DM

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:41 am      Reply with quote
FACIAL SCRUB FOR THOSE ALLERGIC TO NUTS

2tsp. Oat Flour
2tsp. Blue Corn Meal
4 Drops Lemon Oil
4 Drops Ylang Ylang Oil
2tsp. Honey or Water
2-4 Drops GSE (grapefruit extract)

combine all but Honey or Water, then mix in Honey or Water mix until you have a paste. This is enough for 4 scrubs so use enough to massage on clean skin for about 1 minute. Rinse.
Store the extra in fridge, this amount is for twice a week, I would not reccomend keeping it longer so if you only use it once a week cut recipe in half. The GSE works well for short term preservation.

Hope this helps all seeking a scrub with no nuts due to allergies.

Enjoy
DM

Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |