Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Barrier and Elastin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:17 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

How long have you been using this nibn and how are you liking it?

ETA: There is another product that is supposed to increase elastin fiber content, Ethocyn.

only 2 weeks , it kinda odd because it's pink , so far skin seems fresher
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
nibn wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

How long have you been using this nibn and how are you liking it?

ETA: There is another product that is supposed to increase elastin fiber content, Ethocyn.

only 2 weeks , it kinda odd because it's pink , so far skin seems fresher

Please post your results after using it for a while. I am curious if anything can really help with elastin or not!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:36 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Thanks, Rileygirl! Guess you took the test too.

Well, knowing how it is with both of our skin, if it didn't work for you, it probably won't work for me either! Laughing

You know I did take the test! You could always give it a shot, kims. It may work for you, though we do seem to have very similar skin!
ricayhermosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Rileygirl,
I also did the "skin pinch" test for elastin: Pinch the skin on the back of your hand, let go and see how long it takes to bounce back or lie flat. Youthful skin will bounce back immediately while "mature" skin will take several seconds.

My skin bounced back immediately. Now I feel really good. Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
right now I am trying a cream called
Vitacreme B12 , that claims to help with skin elasticity

nibn,

Just wondered if you have any more updates about how you're like this product.

Thanks.
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Quote:

nibn,

Thanks.

sorry for the late reply , but I didn"t have access to my laptop for a few days , in regards to B12 cream , it's nice and soothing has a strange pink color , so far my skin seems to hold hydration better , but that's it , I don't have any problems so I can't tell if it works or not
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Depending upon where you pull from - it was a range. Also left hand did better than right at less than 2 seconds.

How is everyone doing with their elastin products?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Ocean14 wrote:
Hey everyone thanks for all the responses. I went on the Melbourne Dermatology Site and found this info on phloretin.

Phloretin has been shown to inhibit nearly 80% of the elastin destroying enzyme elastase, although it is not the only bioflavonoid to show anti-elastase activity.

Potent antioxidant effects inhibiting age spots and activation of cell renewal have been demonstrated by phloretin.

Phloretin prevents the entrance of glucose into skin cells and therefore prevents glycogen formation and produces glycogen depletion.

Phloretin may also have antifungal, antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory uses.

They also have an article about what composes the dermal matrix and the role of elastin:

In molecular biology, elastase is an enzyme from the class of proteases, or peptidases, that break down the protein elastin, an elastic fiber that, together with collagen, determines the mechanical properties of connective tissue, providing skin which is firm, full and taut to a greater or lesser degree depending on its quality and quantity.

Elastin is also an important constituent of lung and vein tissues where, as in the skin, it is subject to repeat expansion and contraction.

The primary structural components of the dermal matrix are collagen fibres, elastin fibres and glycosaminoglycans.

All three of these decrease and deteriorate in quality and quantity due to intrinsic and avoidable extrinsic factors to give the appearance of "aging."

Although rarely used to optimal effect, an array of stimulants and protectants of collagen, and to a far lesser extent, glycosaminoglycans are available. [Refer Mature Skin Analysis — Firmness and Elasticity of Healthy vs. Unhealthy Mature Skin.]

Elastin remains an orphan, with no widely available solutions for its protection or replacement.

Accordingly, while you may potentially increase your skin's volume to give it an appearance of greater fullness, you cannot regain its ability to recoil and remain inherently taut as it was in youth.

As if to add insult to injury, elastin production more or less stops by the end of the teenage years, long before most will consider its protection.

Some findings suggest zinc may benefit elastin, however useful forms and concentrations of zinc are absent from most skincare.

Recently, zinc sulphate was removed from the revised Skinceuticals C E Ferulic Formulation although marketing communicates generally enhanced skin protection when compared with the original C + E Formulation.

Unfortunately both very low and very high concentrations of zinc have been seen to increase elastase activity (increasing the rate of elastin breakdown), such topical and systemic zinc supplementation is problematic.

Thiotaine and a chemical compound found in Gernetic Anti-Radical Eye Gel may help prevent elastase activity.

To avoid loss of high quality elastin, at minimum don't smoke, always confer optimal photoprotection for your skin and avoid rough or unnecessary treatment — this includes facials with massage which subject the skin to movement while providing no considerable or lasting benefit.

http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Active-Ingredients/Phloretin.html

Good news if you're into DIY. Skinactives now has phloretin for sale.
havana8

Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Quote:

nibn,

Thanks.

Here is the ingredient listing as listed on the box in case you are interested, Skippie:

Vitacreme B12 Face & Neck Treatment

Ingredients: 0.010% Cyanocobalamin = Vitamin B12
Other Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Corn (Zea Mays) Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Octyl Dodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Steareth-2, Steareth-20, Fragrance/Parfum (Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Limonene, Benzy Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Geraniol, Citronellol, Citral, Coumarin, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldeyde), Triethanolamine, Cetyl Phosphate, Tocopherol, Carbomer, BHA, Sorbic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Salicylic Acid
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have used a product called Elastica cream for many years now. I am a product junkie, this is one of the few staples in my line I have re-ordered over and over. In Canada I get it atwww.newvisage.ca . hths.

(I am late 30's, actually got carded a few months ago,lol, but seriously, people think I am 28yrs old max) Very Happy
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, forgot to add I am vigilant about sunscreen application, have used it daily since about 19years of age.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
Hi, I have used a product called Elastica cream for many years now. I am a product junkie, this is one of the few staples in my line I have re-ordered over and over. In Canada I get it atwww.newvisage.ca . hths.

(I am late 30's, actually got carded a few months ago,lol, but seriously, people think I am 28yrs old max) Very Happy

Thanks for sharing, lipglossdoll. Since you have re-ordered it, what do you feel it has done for your skin - anything visible?
havana8

Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting info for the Elastica Anti-Aging Bounceback Cream...
http://www.phdskincream.com/top-reasons-elastica-repairs-beauty/

Thanks for mentioning it, lipglossdoll. Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for finding that site, havana. It's much cheaper there than it is at lipglossdoll's site. Interesting information but I'm trying to be strong and not buy anything else right now.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Thanks for finding that site, havana. It's much cheaper there than it is at lipglossdoll's site. Interesting information but I'm trying to be strong and not buy anything else right now.

Skippie, I am seeing the same price. What price do you see?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Riley,

I'm seeing $59.95 at havana's site and $100 at lipglossdoll's site. What are you seeing?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Riley,

I'm seeing $59.95 at havana's site and $100 at lipglossdoll's site. What are you seeing?

I just looked again, and I see what you are seeing now. Yesterday, I could have sworn lipglossdoll's provided site said $59.95!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I started using it over 5 years ago. I keep the jar in the fridge, a jar lasts for a few months. This really helped the fine lines around my eyes. I use many products and gadgets, but keep re-ordering this cream.

P.S. Today an older gentleman at grocery store thought I was 24, I said not even close, he said younger? Lol, I laughed as I will soon be 39 in a few months. Makes you feel good though. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, lipglossdoll. It sounds great!

Here is the complete list of ingredients that I just found.

Deionized Water, Glycerin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax NF, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydrolyzed Elastin, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Sodium Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Benzl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, one of the reasons I order from newvisagesite is I have ordered from the US site, seems much cheaper, than those damn UPS brokerage charges are charged, and it ends up costing the same amount, lol!! If I was not charged $40.00 for brokerage fees, I would be so happy!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
nibn wrote:
right now I am trying a cream called Vitacreme B12

Nibn are you located in HK? I'm going for the weekend in a couple days and I'd like to pick this up to try. Where can I buy it? Thanks!

Asian. Near 30. Prone to broken caps, moles + freckles, large congested pores, hormonal cystic acne, flaky skin and fat puffy eyelids. Staples: Bioderma SS, Taz, Dr. Kassy's C, Skinoren, HQ, Cerave and growth factors-- but also trying EVERYTHING ELSE.....
nibn
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
not in Hong Kong. So I have no idea, soory
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:

Lipglossdoll, just wanted to find out how this treatment has helped your skin. I'm looking for a product to help with skin elasticity.

So far it's a toss up between Obagi Elastiderm (zinc-copper malonate), Truface Essence (ethocyn), Relastin (zinc complex), Xtend-life (cynergy tk) and now this Elastica product with HEP's.

Does the Elastica cream help reduce the dynamic lines/wrinkles you get when smiling? Would you say you've seen a tightening of your skin (particularly around the eyes) since using it with a reduction in fine lines?

I'm only 28 but swear in the last few months my skin's elasticity has really taken a turn for the worst. Got all the products to stimulate collagen....AHA's, Retin A, Vit C and Matrixyl, but it doesn't appear to be enough as my skin looks so fragile and thin lately.

Would love to hear more about how this product has helped you. Must be great to look 28 in your late 30's...however I would just like to look 28 at 28!! ha ha

TIA,

Dee Smile
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm, I've never really taken the time to think about elastin, though it seems as though I should! Is loss of elastin what causes crinkling of the eye area when one smiles?
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:
Hmmm, I've never really taken the time to think about elastin, though it seems as though I should! Is loss of elastin what causes crinkling of the eye area when one smiles?

I think elastin plays a big part, athough it only makes up a small percenage of your skin's matrix....it is like the cement that holds the bricks (collagen) together. Without it, the skin structure starts to falls apart and you get wrinkles and sagging...eurgh.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |