Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Dr. Kassy's face firming and eye cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Author Message
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
What does Tendskin do? IS it an exfoliant?

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
What does Tendskin do? IS it an exfoliant?


You can read all about it here:

http://www.tendskin.com/index.htm

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
havana8
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 3438
Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Alley wrote:
Kassy I am patiently awaiting my ferulic acid from bulkactives.com (I am really trying to remember why I didn't order from Skinactives). I have the Vitamin E from Personal Forumlator and the ascorbic acid from skinactives. My goal is a simple stable C+E+Ferulic serum that I can mix up every couple of days or once a week.

If I don't see the ferulic acid by the end of the week I might just place another skinactives order.


I'm sure you'll get it soon!

Okay, I've worked out a simple recipe, for a 1oz 15%, C, E + Ferulic... You can relax and make 1 oz, which will probably last you 8 weeks or so.. It is very stable, and will remain so until it's used up, so no need to worry. (The vit E, SKB + FA all make it very stable!)

What you need for 1oz C,E, Ferulic 15%;
- 2 glass shot glasses
- 1oz cobalt or amber dropper or pump bottle
- 1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Vitamin E (equals 1%)
- .5% of Ferulic Acid (1 good pinch)
- 2 tsp SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
- 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water
- 1/2 tsp of vodka (don't laugh, you need it to dissolve the FA so it's not gritty, and it also keeps the ph low enough!)

What to do;

- In first shot glass, put 1 tsp C into the 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water. Put on the side, stirring occasionally till FULLY dissolved (This can be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, so have patience.)

- In 2nd shot glass put in 1/2 tsp vodka, and sprinkle the FA in and mix. (Little formulator spatulas are great for this!) When it has dissolved fully, add in the vitamin E + SKB and stir it all up well.

- When the LAA has fully dissolved in the 1st shot glass, mix the contents of both glasses together, stir very well, and carefully pour into your 1oz bottle.

Keeping it in a cool dry, dark place, or fridge will keep it potent + stable!

Hope you like it!


re-posting for rehner

rehner wrote:
Just wondering about the Vit E used in this recipe. How do you but it ? liquid form or do you buy capsules an use liquid from them. Also is there different strengths I should be looking at. Thanks in advance!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:10 am      Reply with quote
rehner wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:
Alley wrote:
Kassy I am patiently awaiting my ferulic acid from bulkactives.com (I am really trying to remember why I didn't order from Skinactives). I have the Vitamin E from Personal Forumlator and the ascorbic acid from skinactives. My goal is a simple stable C+E+Ferulic serum that I can mix up every couple of days or once a week.

If I don't see the ferulic acid by the end of the week I might just place another skinactives order.


I'm sure you'll get it soon!

Okay, I've worked out a simple recipe, for a 1oz 15%, C, E + Ferulic... You can relax and make 1 oz, which will probably last you 8 weeks or so.. It is very stable, and will remain so until it's used up, so no need to worry. (The vit E, SKB + FA all make it very stable!)

What you need for 1oz C,E, Ferulic 15%;
- 2 glass shot glasses
- 1oz cobalt or amber dropper or pump bottle
- 1 tsp L-Ascorbic Acid
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) Vitamin E (equals 1%)
- .5% of Ferulic Acid (1 good pinch)
- 2 tsp SKB (Sea Kelp Bioferment)
- 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water
- 1/2 tsp of vodka (don't laugh, you need it to dissolve the FA so it's not gritty, and it also keeps the ph low enough!)

What to do;

- In first shot glass, put 1 tsp C into the 3 + 1/2 tsp of distilled water. Put on the side, stirring occasionally till FULLY dissolved (This can be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, so have patience.)

- In 2nd shot glass put in 1/2 tsp vodka, and sprinkle the FA in and mix. (Little formulator spatulas are great for this!) When it has dissolved fully, add in the vitamin E + SKB and stir it all up well.

- When the LAA has fully dissolved in the 1st shot glass, mix the contents of both glasses together, stir very well, and carefully pour into your 1oz bottle.

Keeping it in a cool dry, dark place, or fridge will keep it potent + stable!


Just wondering about the Vit E used in this recipe. How do you but it ? liquid form or do you buy capsules an use liquid from them. Also is there different strengths I should be looking at. Thanks in advance!


rehner,
I am reposting this from earlier in the thread as these are the forms of Vitamin E sold speciffically for use in making your own cosmetics, these aren't the only possibilities as many use oils from the health food store or gel-caps without fillers!

HTH
DM:)

DarkMoon wrote:
Sorry for the cut and paste job but this may explain the different forms of Vitamin E

From:
http://www.makingcosmetics.com

Vitamin E d-alpha tocopherol
Description: Natural origin, contains low quantities of other vegetable oil constituents due to the raw materials or natural antioxidants. Clear viscous brown liquid, faint odor. Soluble in alcohol & oil, water insoluble. Activity 750 IU per 1 g solution (about 1 ml). CAS# 59-02-9.

INCI Name: Alpha tocopherol.

Properties: In products: active especially in cosmetic products but less on the skin (less stable than synthetic dl-alpha-tocopheryl acetate), ideal to stabilize oils and fats in products (prevents rancidity). On the skin: antioxidant (protects from damages by reactive oxygen radicals & UV rays), moisturizing & antiaging effect (improves skin surface relief), soothing & antiinflammatory properties, promotes epithelisation & enzyme activity.

Use: 0.5-2.5% final concentration for skin effects, 0.1-0.5% for stabilizing oils in products.

Application: All kinds of skin care products,




Vitamin E (dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate)

Vitamin E dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate
Description: Water-insoluble vitamin E formed by esterification of acetic acid & tocopherol. Purity >98%. pH 6-8. Activity: 1000 IU per 1 g solution (about 1 ml). Clear viscous yellow liquid, faint odor. Soluble in alcohol & oil, water insoluble. CAS# 58-95-7.

INCI Name: Tocopheryl acetate.

Properties: On the skin: provides antioxidant activity only on the skin (tissue esterases need first to cleave off acetate to form active vitamin E), potent antioxidant (protects from damages by reactive oxygen radicals & UV rays), increases SPF, moisturizing & antiaging effect (improves skin surface relief), soothing & anti-inflammatory properties, promotes epithelisation & enzyme activity (faster wound healing).

Use: Add to to water phase. Typical use level 1-10%.

Application: All kinds of skin care products including sun care & makeup

Vitamin E d-alpha tocopherol Is unadulterated yet less stable according to what I am reading.

You can read more on the website

HTH
DM

Hope you like it!

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having a rude awakening while shopping for my DIY stuff... Sad

I usually place a large order once a year, and it's been a little more than that...

My freaking shopping cart at Lotioncrafter is already $230, and thepersonal formulator cart is $202. And that doesn't include accessories or preservatives yet, and I'm still hunting down a few more actives... I didn't even get to skinactives yet.. Sad

WTH! It's like everything doubled in price in one years time. I'm going to be re-thinking this made from scratch crap, and adding in more retail products as a base. It's just not worth buying all the preservatives, emulsifiers, chelators, pH adjusters, humectants etc, when I can easily buy Olay, Juice Beauty and CeraVe, and just add compatible actives to that. I'm going to narrow it down to the must haves for specific made from scratch serums, and then hit up CVS...

Anyway, I'm running out of room for all these supplies.

Arrrggghhhh!

Ya know what really p!sses me off? Glad ya asked; DIY is more popular than ever, especially because of the input on tons of forums, and instead of keeping things affordable and being grateful for their booming businesses, they are showing their greed and trying to squeeze for every last almighty buck...(Greedy b@$t@rd$!!) Other than the gratification of knowing exactly what's in my DIY serums, the other fun was that it was so reasonable to make. For someone not as into it as I am, and just wanting to make a cream or two for themselves, it isn't even worth it. By the time they would purchase all the items necessary for one good product, they will be spending more $$$, than to buy similar products retail. Plus they will have all the headaches and throw aways, that are par for the course in the beginning..

Thanks for the rant ... Image And now I need a smoothie to give me the energy I need to continue shopping.. Very Happy

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 1139
Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
I'm having a rude awakening while shopping for my DIY stuff... Sad

I usually place a large order once a year, and it's been a little more than that...

My freaking shopping cart at Lotioncrafter is already $230, and thepersonal formulator cart is $202. And that doesn't include accessories or preservatives yet, and I'm still hunting down a few more actives... I didn't even get to skinactives yet.. Sad

WTH! It's like everything doubled in price in one years time. I'm going to be re-thinking this made from scratch crap, and adding in more retail products as a base. It's just not worth buying all the preservatives, emulsifiers, chelators, pH adjusters, humectants etc, when I can easily buy Olay, Juice Beauty and CeraVe, and just add compatible actives to that. I'm going to narrow it down to the must haves for specific made from scratch serums, and then hit up CVS...

Anyway, I'm running out of room for all these supplies.

Arrrggghhhh!

Ya know what really p!sses me off? Glad ya asked; DIY is more popular than ever, especially because of the input on tons of forums, and instead of keeping things affordable and being grateful for their booming businesses, they are showing their greed and trying to squeeze for every last almighty buck...(Greedy b@$t@rd$!!) Other than the gratification of knowing exactly what's in my DIY serums, the other fun was that it was so reasonable to make. For someone not as into it as I am, and just wanting to make a cream or two for themselves, it isn't even worth it. By the time they would purchase all the items necessary for one good product, they will be spending more $$$, than to buy similar products retail. Plus they will have all the headaches and throw aways, that are par for the course in the beginning..

Thanks for the rant ... Image And now I need a smoothie to give me the energy I need to continue shopping.. Very Happy


I agree, Kassy. I also find that the quantities are way too much for me to use up before they go bad. Maybe we all ought to get together and have an exchange of ingredients.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I'd like to know what you are getting for bases and what you are adding to each. A whole new take on the DIY process. I know you've written about a cvs base of some sort and of course the juice beauty and a knock-off OoO.

Actually I would love to see your orders at LC and TPF. (holy cow!).

Skippie makes a good point about the exchange and swap program - this would work well particularly if you lived close to someone. (I was checking out some jobs in Florida Laughing)

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
Summer_time
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 29
Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
ETA: Sorry...wrong thread.

_________________
56 with dry skin. AALS, vit C serum, RetA and Flex Effect fan...
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Kassy - I'd like to know what you are getting for bases and what you are adding to each. A whole new take on the DIY process. I know you've written about a cvs base of some sort and of course the juice beauty and a knock-off OoO.

Actually I would love to see your orders at LC and TPF. (holy cow!).

Skippie makes a good point about the exchange and swap program - this would work well particularly if you lived close to someone. (I was checking out some jobs in Florida Laughing)


LOL! C'mon down Sisareno...

Here's the majority of what I ordered; (I made a lot of cuts and narrowed it down to $320 for both these orders (including shipping).

------------------------------------------------------
1 x Green Tea Extract (4 fl oz) (SIV11B) = $5.68
1 x Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein (4 fl oz) (SIV025B) = $13.05
1 x Algae Extract (2 fl oz) (SIV02A) = $11.35
1 x Sodium PCA (4 fl oz) (SIV027B) = $5.65
1 x Citric Acid (4 oz) (AHA01A) = $2.65
1 x Multi-Lamellar Cream - oil-free (Net wt. 8 oz) (40318A) = $8.99
1 x Multi-Lamellar Cream - regular (Net wt. 8 oz) (403180A) = $8.32
2 x Pump and Bottle Combo (4 oz) (PBC01A) = $2.80
1 x Eye Serum Bottles and Dropper (pkg of 6) (BJ006B) = $6.75
1 x Retinyl Palmitate (1 fl oz) (SIV16A) = $31.93
1 x Golden Jojoba (8 fl oz) (OIL07B) = $15.55
1 x Grapeseed Oil (8 fl oz) (OIL06A) = $4.58
1 x Macadamia Nut Oil (8 fl oz) (OIL11A) = $8.02
1 x Wheat Germ Oil (8 fl oz) (OIL20B) = $9.39
1 x L DMAE Bitartrate (2 oz net wt.) (CAA007A) = $4.37
1 x Intensive Care Fragrance (30ml /1.01 fl oz) (FR024A) = $6.50
1 x Tangerine Oil (30ml/ 1.01 fl oz (EO0023A) = $3.76
1 x Sodium Hyaluronate / Hyaluronic Acid (1 fl oz) (SIV028A) = $9.75
------------------------------------------------

Chamomile Extract - Certified Organic Size: 1 oz - $3.30 $3.30 1 $3.30
Goji Berry Extract - Certified Organic Size: 1 oz - $5.85 $5.85 1 $5.85
Licorice Root Extract - Certified Organic Size: 1 oz - $4.50 $4.50 1 $4.50
Ascorbic Acid, Ultrafine Size: 4 oz - $13.75 $13.75 1 $13.75
Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate Size: .25 oz - $15.85 $15.85 1 $15.85
Vitamin B3, Niacinamide USP Size: 1 oz - $2.95 $2.95 1 $2.95
Optiphen™ Size: 4 oz: $8.60 $8.60 1 $8.60
Strawberry Fruit Essence Quantity: 8 oz - $5.55 $5.55 1 $5.55
Pocket Lotion Pump Options: 10 Pack - $5.25 $5.25 1 $5.25
Dimethyl Isosorbide (DMI) Size: 8g (.25 oz) - $7.95 $7.95 1 $7.95
Polysorbate 80 Quantity: 4.5 oz - $3.75 $3.75 1 $3.75
Macadamia Nut Oil Size: 4 oz - $3.65 $3.65 1 $3.65
Aluminum Oxide - Dermabrasion Crystals Size: 8 oz - $3.95 $3.95 1 $3.95
Disodium EDTA Size: 1 oz - $2.00 $2.00 1 $2.00
Lactic Acid 88% Size: 10 oz - $10.50 $10.50 1 $10.50
Pumpkin Seed Extract Size: .5 oz - $4.50 $4.50 1 $4.50
Sesaflash Size: 2 oz - $9.95 $9.95 1 $9.95
Dropper Bottle, White Boston Round, LDPE Size: 1 oz, Qty 10 $8.50 $8.50 1 $8.50
Pipette, 3ml Quantity: Qty 10: $1.00 $1.00 1 $1.00
Tri-Corner Beakers Size: 100ml - $ .79 $0.79 2 $1.58
Sodium PCA 50% Quantity: 1 oz - $1.75 $1.75 1 $1.75


My new favorite for "Semi-DIY" is CeraVe... I love that stuff! Old favs remain Juice Beauty Serums and CVS (Olay) knockoffs.. What I use depends on the active compatibility with the other ingredients. (For example; If I want to add copper peptide, I would use a base that doesn't have any metal ch-elating agents in it..like EDTA.) The best and easiest thing to do is to use a product that already incorporates the actives you are interested in, and then just add extra. If you learn how to read the ingredients lists, you can get very good at figuring out exactly what's in there % wise.

It's also beneficial to study all about the actives you want to use. What are the solubility, pH and formulation requirements?.. What's the best preservative to use? Are you sure there isn't anything in there that will *neutralize* what you want to add? There's really so much to learn it's staggering(I have only touched the surface... Confused

What I did that was helpful in the beginning, was to do a google for the actives I was interested in, and find our what the ingredient list looked like for a good quality product containing it. Eventually you just learn a lot about compatibility, by just studying ingredient lists.. You'll also learn a lot about what is beneficial in a formula, and what the crap and filler ingredients are.. Another lesson learned was that most times the shorter the ingredient list, the better the product will perform. A laundry list of ingredients is not necessarily a good thing.

I just find it quite a lot of fun as well as beneficial, to make my own nice quality skin care products.

ETA: I see I ordered sodium PCA and macadamia nut oil twice... Rolling Eyes It gets confusing now and then... Laughing

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
dreamskin
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 60
Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I wonder if I sent you some of my Mineral makeup........? That cream sounds amazing!

_________________
Dream Skin
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy - I'm reading your lists and saying "What the, what the??? Some of what is on there I am totally unacquainted with to say the least. But I don't mind learning. And it is fun.

Just to tell - I made the pre-LED serum (twice) and have become a faithful user/lover of the red Pro-light. Toby says I have to. Laughing And this is the year for making nice with every gadget I own (all two of them Laughing ). Maybe If I'm good I'll buy myself another one.

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
danatartau
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 14
Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Dr. Kassy,

I just had a rude awakening from a professional skin analysis that concluded that my skin is not firm enough.I am lacking in elasticity. I am only 28 and the beautician asked me if I am 35. She also asked me if I lost a lot of weight lately. I did not.
Anyway, I have a very simple cleanse, tone and moisturize Yonka routine that I was happy enough with. Now I am looking into DIY firming cream, serum, mask. It is my first attempt at any DIY. Any advice or any change in the recipe you posted at the beginning of this thread?
Thank you,
Dana.
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
danatartau wrote:
Hello Dr. Kassy,

I just had a rude awakening from a professional skin analysis that concluded that my skin is not firm enough.I am lacking in elasticity. I am only 28 and the beautician asked me if I am 35. She also asked me if I lost a lot of weight lately. I did not.
Anyway, I have a very simple cleanse, tone and moisturize Yonka routine that I was happy enough with. Now I am looking into DIY firming cream, serum, mask. It is my first attempt at any DIY. Any advice or any change in the recipe you posted at the beginning of this thread?
Thank you,
Dana.


Dana check out the AALS thread. That gadget will do you a world of good.

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
katewilson
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 24
Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I spend a lot of hours following most of your DIY VC posts and expertise and am very exited to start my DIY soon.

but I stopped because I saw this 302 line and it sounded very good. I have been using Retin_A and Super Cop for the last two years and the results are good, however, I stopped using my 20% ViVer 20% serum because it did not work with the Super Cop. I am 42 and have combination skin (no acne or any other issue). My biggest concern is anti aging and thickening skin under my eyes.

I saw Kassy were in and out of the 302 post at the beginning of the topic and I would like to know your opinion because I believe your knowledge is valuable and it will help me to make my own decision. I want to use well known anti aging ingredients along with your recipe and combine some of their stuff that claim thickening skin under the eye. but I know that's not what they like that idea, if not , is there other thing that you know will do the same? Do you believe the ingredient in their product?
I really appreciated your true opinion about the 302 so you can PM me about that if you feel like it.

Kickass Viterol/LAA Serum / Kassy's Kickass Concoction
Do you think if I order the current version of Viterol A from eccicalspa still will be the right kind for this recipe ( the gel, or etc..), if not I will use the 20% or 15% VC with out VA.

between your 15% C, E + Ferulic Acid (FA) with HA Serum( 6/23/09) or 20% C Serum (2/8/2009).
I am really tempted to use this 15% instead of 20% because it is very popular in the forum, but I thought I can tolerate 20%. Do you think the higher % the better ?

Simple Semi-DIY Nourishing Serum
Do you think this is a good one for me with my general concern (thickening the skin and anti_aging) or do you have another suggestion?
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 409
Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, So I am gearing up to finally make my own serum as per kassy's recipe..but have a few questions

1. Can I use Brandy instead of vodka?
2. I have some 3 year old SKB ...is it okay to use?
3. Is there any one website to order all the stuff with reasonable prices and reasonable international shipping?...so far skinactives looks good but the prices are a bit expensive.

TIA

_________________
32, medium skin, living in Hong Kong, have PCOS(currently trying naturopathy), moderate hormonal acne along jawline
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
katewilson wrote:
I have been using Retin_A and Super Cop for the last two years and the results are good, however, I stopped using my 20% ViVer 20% serum because it did not work with the Super Cop. I am 42 and have combination skin (no acne or any other issue). My biggest concern is anti aging and thickening skin under my eyes.



katewilson, why did the Vivier not work with the super cop and Retin A? (I know you are supposed to use the C and CP at least 12 hours apart, or are you talking about something else?).

I used 302 for 6 months exclusively and had no results (and unfortunately worsening of my lip lines).
Alley
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 557
Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:46 am      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
Okay, So I am gearing up to finally make my own serum as per kassy's recipe..but have a few questions

1. Can I use Brandy instead of vodka?
2. I have some 3 year old SKB ...is it okay to use?
3. Is there any one website to order all the stuff with reasonable prices and reasonable international shipping?...so far skinactives looks good but the prices are a bit expensive.

TIA


1. No
2. It should be but check the texture and smell
3. I order my SKB from http://www.ncnproskincare.com/
also have you check out Bulkactives.com they ship from Asia but I don't think they SKB

_________________
mid 40's, blonde, blue eyes, normal skin, DIY skin regime, AALS - biggest problem undereye - getting much better with AALS & DIY serums.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
SKB is also available at both skinactives and the herbarie.

http://www.skinactives.com

http://www.theherbarie.com

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
katewilson wrote:
I spend a lot of hours following most of your DIY VC posts and expertise and am very exited to start my DIY soon.

but I stopped because I saw this 302 line and it sounded very good. I have been using Retin_A and Super Cop for the last two years and the results are good, however, I stopped using my 20% ViVer 20% serum because it did not work with the Super Cop. I am 42 and have combination skin (no acne or any other issue). My biggest concern is anti aging and thickening skin under my eyes.

I saw Kassy were in and out of the 302 post at the beginning of the topic and I would like to know your opinion because I believe your knowledge is valuable and it will help me to make my own decision. I want to use well known anti aging ingredients along with your recipe and combine some of their stuff that claim thickening skin under the eye. but I know that's not what they like that idea, if not , is there other thing that you know will do the same? Do you believe the ingredient in their product?
I really appreciated your true opinion about the 302 so you can PM me about that if you feel like it.

Kickass Viterol/LAA Serum / Kassy's Kickass Concoction
Do you think if I order the current version of Viterol A from eccicalspa still will be the right kind for this recipe ( the gel, or etc..), if not I will use the 20% or 15% VC with out VA.

between your 15% C, E + Ferulic Acid (FA) with HA Serum( 6/23/09) or 20% C Serum (2/8/2009).
I am really tempted to use this 15% instead of 20% because it is very popular in the forum, but I thought I can tolerate 20%. Do you think the higher % the better ?

Simple Semi-DIY Nourishing Serum
Do you think this is a good one for me with my general concern (thickening the skin and anti_aging) or do you have another suggestion?


Hi Kate, welcome to DIY hell... Very Happy

Sorry to be so late seeing your post, but life has taken priority over my time at the forum lately.

Could you please PM me, and answer the following questions, and then I'd be happy to share my opinion with you, based on my limited knowledge of the subject. (I couldn't find exactly what I needed browsing through your previous posts.. Just an FYI, a bit of info in a "signature" line, is really helpful to those who try to help ya.. Very Happy )

1. How old are you
2. What are your 3 main skin concerns
3. What is your skin type
4. Do you have any troubling skin concerns like acne, Rosacea or sensitivity issues
5. Exactly what are you using now
6. Do you have 'any' allergies, and if yes what are they..
7. Do you have any chronic medical issues which require continual RX therapy, if yes please tell me the meds.

Also, nix the DIY recipe's of mine you were considering. I've learned a thing or 12 since then, and have improved on those by 100%... (They are mediocre compared to what I have in my arsenal these days.)

PM me, and I will come up with a personalized recipe to address your concerns.. (Designer skincare is quickly becoming my new love.. Very Happy )

I'll answer your "302" questions when I hear from you.

Again, welcome!

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
So glad you saw this Kassy. Kate - you're in good hands.... And with a private consult too.. Dancing

_________________
Enjoying dermalogica with my ASG and Pico toner ** Disclosure: I was a participant without remuneration in promotional videos for Ageless Secret Gold and the Neurotris Pico Emmy event.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 409
Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Alley and Darkmoon!

My SKB looks fine!...I can order FE and LAA from bulkactives...which has good prices and reasonable shipping, get some vodka...i just need some vit E now...will the gel caps work?...

Now I have to hope that it doesnt give me blackheads...though many people have said that they dont get BHs from DIY serum...Crossing my fingers!I have used SC CEF..while my skin looks very good when i use it..the BHs crop up in no time at all!
Pray

_________________
32, medium skin, living in Hong Kong, have PCOS(currently trying naturopathy), moderate hormonal acne along jawline
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 409
Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Alley and Darkmoon!

My SKB looks fine!...I can order FE and LAA from bulkactives...which has good prices and reasonable shipping, get some vodka...i just need some vit E now...will the gel caps work?...

Now I have to hope that it doesnt give me blackheads...though many people have said that they dont get BHs from DIY serum...Crossing my fingers!I have used SC CEF..while my skin looks very good when i use it..the BHs crop up in no time at all!
Pray

_________________
32, medium skin, living in Hong Kong, have PCOS(currently trying naturopathy), moderate hormonal acne along jawline
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
Thanks Alley and Darkmoon!

My SKB looks fine!...I can order FE and LAA from bulkactives...which has good prices and reasonable shipping, get some vodka...i just need some vit E now...will the gel caps work?...

Now I have to hope that it doesnt give me blackheads...though many people have said that they dont get BHs from DIY serum...Crossing my fingers!I have used SC CEF..while my skin looks very good when i use it..the BHs crop up in no time at all!
Pray


Some gelcaps contain fillers and others don't after a call to a manufacturer of Vitamin E gel caps if it is listed on the label as ingredients Vitamin E, Gel Cap geletin and glycerin than the Vitamin E inside is pure with no fillers. I hope that's clear to you! Smile

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
katewilson
Full Member
5% products discount

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 24
Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl,
somehow I got the idea from reading Dr. Pickart's book that taking a VC supplement is better than topical use when I started using CP. I was just lazy to do the 12 hours apart thing at the time. I was happy with 2 years of using Super Cop (every day and night) plus Retin A (1-2x/wk), but now I don't really see that continued usage of these 2 great products alone can actually get ride of those fine lines/wrinkles that I started to be notice under my eyes, so I am looking for something to change to. I am worried about the forming wrinkles under my eyes and my sagging cheeks. I feel the two products I am using currently are not effective on my concerns. I am even questioning if RetinA is actually thinning my skin and causing the fine lines under my eyes.

One of my concerns using RetinA is that I need to go through 3 to 5 days down time every time I use it, which is dry for 1-3 days then peel 1-2 days. The best look comes after the peels. Each time I want to look good I have to go through this downtime cycle again and in between peels I use CP. This is one of the reasons I am tempted by the philosophy of 302.

I would love to hear more of your input because I am also tempted by the 302 philosophy and since you have been there once already.

Sister sweets, I just want to thank you for being so kind ! I am looking forward about kassy's personalized recipe and help now.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Feb 2005
Posts: 409
Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:58 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
mithai wrote:
Thanks Alley and Darkmoon!

My SKB looks fine!...I can order FE and LAA from bulkactives...which has good prices and reasonable shipping, get some vodka...i just need some vit E now...will the gel caps work?...

Now I have to hope that it doesnt give me blackheads...though many people have said that they dont get BHs from DIY serum...Crossing my fingers!I have used SC CEF..while my skin looks very good when i use it..the BHs crop up in no time at all!
Pray




Some gelcaps contain fillers and others don't after a call to a manufacturer of Vitamin E gel caps if it is listed on the label as ingredients Vitamin E, Gel Cap geletin and glycerin than the Vitamin E inside is pure with no fillers. I hope that's clear to you! Smile


yup, clear!
But I just read anhydrous(spelling?)vit. c thread Shock...so am reconsidering everything...

_________________
32, medium skin, living in Hong Kong, have PCOS(currently trying naturopathy), moderate hormonal acne along jawline
System
Automatic Message
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g)