Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what works for dry lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:04 am      Reply with quote
if not serious, I fond DHC lip cream, sometimes also use rosebud salve to cure
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:06 am      Reply with quote
kikiw wrote:
frozenstrawberrypie wrote:
I know some don't like the petroleum but I use Khiehl's #! lip balm. I also had chronic dry lips (with bleeding episodes) for years and always have an arsenal of lip balms with me. So far, I like the Kiehl's best

Khiehl's #! lip balm works, but its smelling is awful...

this is good for temporary release, it's too oily compared to DHC
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:12 am      Reply with quote
I have also just tried and really liking Skinn lip 3x serum, its very moisturising.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Avocado oil followed by Aquaphor or Vaseline is what works for me.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Lips2Kiss is the best thing that sorted chronically dry lips for me.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Just found a nice easy DIY lip masque that might be nice;

Super Smoother Lip Masque
Our adaptation of a recipe of Donna Maria's... to end winter's chapped lips, or leave your lips soft and smooth for photographs or special occasions:

Ingredients

4 teaspoons kaolin (China clay) or other cosmetic clay (I would use either white or pink cosmetic clay...green clay is more drying)
1 teaspoon Avocado oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon rose or neroli hydrosol

Procedure: Measure clay and set aside. Measure rose hydrosol, honey and oil and warm in a custard cup in a pan of HOT water for two minutes, until "baby bottle warm" Stir the liquid ingredients together until smooth. Add the clay and stir until smooth and lump-free.
Apply to lips and let dry for two minutes...no talking or laughing!
Rinse with warm water, blot dry gently and apply your favorite lip balm.
Thanks for the idea, Donna Maria!

http://www.naturesgift.com/hints_skincare.htm#Lip%20Mask

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Lips2Kiss healed my dry lips over a period of time plus restored my lip color, plumped my lips and improved lip lines...won't be without it!
woshididi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I like kiehl's lip treatment with spf15, really works on me and my entire family.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
catski wrote:

Lips2Kiss healed my dry lips over a period of time plus restored my lip color, plumped my lips and improved lip lines...won't be without it!

Good for you! Smile

Me too. It truly IS a 'must have' for me, and there arent many products that I would say are actually indispensable..

it's a gold star product!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I've tried Rosebud salve and it felt like glorified petroleum jelly to me. Iknow many like this and that's all that matters.

Kassy's rec for a DIY lip mask is interesting - I sure wish I had all the stuff to put this sort of thing together without making an investment out of it.

I've used so many daily lip products and what has been the best to me as of today is IQ Beauty "kisses" lip balm. I used that up in no time and will definitley be ordering again. I'm still using Julie Hewitt's lip balm -not a truly moisturizing product but protective with good ingredients.

I also liked the L2K system. Just got too expensive and time consuming. I've considered going back to the site and getting a single product and see how that goes (vs the entire system).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:40 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I also liked the L2K system. Just got too expensive and time consuming. I've considered going back to the site and getting a single product and see how that goes (vs the entire system).

Agree. Please report back if you end up doing that. I would like to know if just 1 product could be used, as well. I am not wanting to do the entire system at this time.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Agree. Please report back if you end up doing that. I would like to know if just 1 product could be used, as well. I am not wanting to do the entire system at this time.

Rileygirl & sistersweets,

What I do now is use the entire system (night cream,liquid gold & night glaze) once in the morning & once before bed. Throughout the day I just use the T2H about every hour or even just when I think about it. I'm not real strict about it, I even wear lipstick when I go out. I find this way is affordable for me & less hassle & I've kept the benefits from when I used the whole system. My lips maybe aren't quite as plump but that's okay with me. I also stock up with Kandis's specials which are quite generous. Anyways this works for me, I also found it too expensive & time consuming using the entire system all day. HTH
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Rileygirl & sistersweets,

What I do now is use the entire system (night cream,liquid gold & night glaze) once in the morning & once before bed. Throughout the day I just use the T2H about every hour or even just when I think about it. I'm not real strict about it, I even wear lipstick when I go out. I find this way is affordable for me & less hassle & I've kept the benefits from when I used the whole system. My lips maybe aren't quite as plump but that's okay with me. I also stock up with Kandis's specials which are quite generous. Anyways this works for me, I also found it too expensive & time consuming using the entire system all day. HTH

Brierrose, I have never used the T2H. What is that product?
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl, the Time 2 Heal is formulated with the Liquid Gold and Night glaze so I find it convenient to use throughout the day instead of all 3 products and less costly this way.

You can purchase it either clear or coloured.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, brierrose. I'll check it out!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Yep - that's the product I've heard about: the T2H.... I think Kandis sent me a sample way way back when I was doing the whole deal.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
Any color that you prefer Brierrose?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Time2heal is a lip product that I use all day every day, it gives me colour and moisture and makes my lips feel really comfortable and look much fuller and softer than before, and has made the aging above my upper lip just go away.

I only do the full 3 products a.m and before bed.

Kandis has terrific specials that make the system much more economical for me than what I used to do - which was basically buy lots of different lip products to try to get comfortable nice looking lips and moisturise them during sleep. It looks expensive when you first survey the scheme, but actually that is misleading, and the whole system is quite flexible and so effective. Well, I am a total fan, for this product. Smile
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:14 am      Reply with quote
hi,
i'm using the valmont lip repair and find it wonderful. sometimes, i do worry about all the chemicals in the skincare/mu products, so i'm incorporating natural oils, such as olive.

i find olive oil on lips overnight and during the day to be helpful. keeps the lips glossy and healthy. HTH

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Any color that you prefer Brierrose?

Kandis custom made a couple of colors for me, one was a peachy pink with a bit of shimmer and the other was a rosy tan, both were beautiful colors. They were similar to the #2 and #6 on the color chart for the T2H.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Revive lip and perioral cream.Very expensive but I buy sample packs on Ebay and use a pin to make a tiny hole,then close with tape,you dont need a lot at all.This stuff is awesome.It heals lips, makes them fuller and brings back a healthy bright color to the lips and helps to rid the vertical smokers lines...it rocks and the Revive skin care is the best I have ever found,Expensive but its top quality like no other.
chouchouzhang
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I usually use rosebud shave

it works well on me
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't found anything that works better than Blistex medicated with Menthol. When I was traveling in South America my lips got so dry they were peeling chunks and bleeding. Within 2 days of purchasing this the cracks were all gone and my lips were almost back to normal. In S. America it was called Blistex Mentha, but in Canada it's sold as Medicated for cracked lips and cold sores, but it's the best I've tried.
newbiely
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Kiehl's number 1 lip treatment works for my dry and sore lip,no fragrance.
michxly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Try a good lip balm like carmex, kiehls, or burt's bees and apply constantly throughout the day. If you are not likely to do that - a hydrating lip gloss over the balm will help keep your lips hydrated for a MUCH longer time and because I love lip glosses, my lips are never dry or chapped.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |