Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DIY for your chapped hand
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I use this mixed oil for years to occasionally treat chapped hand especially hangnails, works great.DIY steps as flws:
1.to steep 50g licorice root in 360ml alcohol75% for one week.
2.use a piece of gauze to strain out herb grounds.
3. to mix licorice root liquid with 300ml glycerol.
4. to scrub this mixed oil on your hands and fingernail fissure morning and night.
the effect is obvious in less than 10 days.
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
woule like to add that licorice root is of rich plant hormone,easily accesible in any chinese herb drugstore.
One more simple way to treat chapped hand:
use some natural honey to rub your hands with a small towel for 5 to 10 minutes twice a day, it helps.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have posted a chapped skin recipe, it's in the index listed under oil blends for face but it is actually great anywhere on the face or body!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

DM

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
thanks, and the link leads to all DIY threads, very helpful
havana8

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Your new recipe is in the index too, annesun, under Nails, Hands & Feet. Thanks for sharing it. Smile
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
thanks,havana8
I saw it Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
thanks, and the link leads to all DIY threads, very helpful

Glad it helps, Havana8 gets the credit for all the hard work of putting it all together in one index and keeping up with all our additions! Big thanks to Havana8!

DM
Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
recently heard of yoghurt hand mask, i tried and found it makes my hands soft and white, very simple way to do:
put your hands in warm water for 15 minutes to open up the pores, then layer yoghurt on both hands, wrap them with cling film or plastic glove for also 15 minutes, then rinse off.
if you don't like the smell yoghurt left on your hands, a baking soda wash will help.

you can also try hand massage oil,recipe:
30ml sweet almond oil, 10 drops evening primrose oil,5 drops styrax oil,2 drop boswellia carterii oil
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
A high moisture of the hand cream can do. Such as L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream in

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
recently heard of yoghurt hand mask, i tried and found it makes my hands soft and white, very simple way to do:
put your hands in warm water for 15 minutes to open up the pores, then layer yoghurt on both hands, wrap them with cling film or plastic glove for also 15 minutes, then rinse off.
if you don't like the smell yoghurt left on your hands, a baking soda wash will help.

you can also try hand massage oil,recipe:
30ml sweet almond oil, 10 drops evening primrose oil,5 drops styrax oil,2 drop boswellia carterii oil

i've tried the plain yogurt face mask and love it. thanks for the tip "for hands". while the container is out... i wonder if you can do it for the whole body? instead of doing a mud body mask, use yogurt. i'm sure it would be hydrating.... and nice idea for after body dry brushing.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
great idea to try yoghurt on face and body,it helps, but just imagine the smell afterwards Laughing actually therapeutic use of milk baths smells good but luxury
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
oohhh i never thought of the smell. i don't think it smelt afterwards. i took a shower and rinsed cleaned. the yogurt mask was kinda messy but felt very nice on the skin.

i also bought some green tea matcha powder to add to the yogurt mixture. i'll test it out to see if there is a difference with or without!

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
great idea to try yoghurt on face and body,it helps, but just imagine the smell afterwards Laughing actually therapeutic use of milk baths smells good but luxury

yes, i heard long time ago... long long time ago...they use to use milk to cleanse the face, hair, and body. that the milk cleaned and also moisturized.

i heard in my great grandmother's time, in asia, they would finely grind soy and use the powder to wash the face. it was believed to have 'beauty' effects on the face.

annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
yes, i heard long time ago... long long time ago...they use to use milk to cleanse the face, hair, and body. that the milk cleaned and also moisturized.

i heard in my great grandmother's time, in asia, they would finely grind soy and use the powder to wash the face. it was believed to have 'beauty' effects on the face.

yeah,old mystry still works,i even have accessed a small bottle of DIY loose powder by an very elegant old lady, the best i 've ever used, i still remember today the elegant scent of maybe Myristica fragrans mixed with unknown flavours Laughing
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
annesun wrote:
llina wrote:

yeah,old mystry still works,i even have accessed a small bottle of DIY loose powder by an very elegant old lady, the best i 've ever used, i still remember today the elegant scent of maybe Myristica fragrans mixed with unknown flavours Laughing

what kind of powder was it? you got some? tell me more.

yes, my grandmother before she passed away would tell me folklore and oral tradition stories to me for bedtime. i was 24 at the time! Shock Laughing

but i still remember them and miss the bedtime stories. stories of morality, of loyalty, of sharing, of kindness, even of when there were real live tigers living in nearby villages. i miss her.

llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
annesun,
if you have anymore recipes for beauty/skincare using matcha (green tea powder) please share. i bought a whole bunch of match a few weeks ago and haven't tried them yet. matcha is expensive. holy!

do you know of any masks for face or body using matcha? what should i do with this stuff?

annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:02 am      Reply with quote
luyan wrote:
A high moisture of the hand cream can do. Such as L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream in

it's true L'Occitane always helps,sorry for late reply Smile
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:16 am      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
what kind of powder was it? you got some? tell me more.

dear llina, please forgive me for offline so long and late reply,it will not happen again. i love that mysteriours loose powder very much, but unfortunately i failed to access it now and never had the chance to get the recipe for it,very sorry myself too.
yes, i did try a DIY matcha mask for acne prone skin, it helps a little to calm down prones. it's with matcha and green bean powder,i'll check and post the recipe very soon
3rd.oculus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi annesun, thanks for the recipe!
I have a question - why alcohol instead of water? Isn't alcohol drying?
annesun
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:58 am      Reply with quote
llina, you could use your green tea power mixed with green bean powder and coix seed powder as a mask for acne prone skin, twice a week is enough.

3rd.oculus, the reason alcohol instead of water is it simply acts to extract licorice root soluble elements,actually alcohol is drying, but after one week's soaking,glycerol is added to it,will make up for this,hope it helps.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |