Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Evidence-Based Anti-Aging Treatments
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Great Job BF. I think rolling with the right additives is a key player!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all, I am so thrilled by the compliments.... I arrived at my current regimen only after lots of research and trial & error, following a very insecure period in my life.

I'm still not back to where I once was, but getting there.

BF
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
BF, congrats! Those kind of results are what we're all working towards. Do you have a recipe you could share for your A, C, E oil?
fat_swan wrote:
Congrats BFG!! That's a heck of a lot of compliments you're getting for all the hard work you've done, so it must be worth it! Very Happy Could you please share with us the rough percentages of vitamins A, C, E oils vs carrier oil that you use? What oil do you use for vit A? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:01 am      Reply with quote
I really don't have a fixed recipe.

Here's what I do:

I take a small 10 ml disposable cup that I purchased from Lotioncrafter and fill it about 1/3 full with the carrier oil - either SkinActives Antioxidant oil or the red palm oil, then I add about 1 ml of the tetrahexydecyl ascorbate and 1 ml each of both retinyl palmitate and the natural oil form of Vitamin E (forget the name of it).

I then stir these together all very well and apply to my face and now, my hands as well. One batch of the concoction lasts for about 4 applications I think.

I am considering the addition of some kind of peptides to the mix - just haven't gotten there yet.

BF
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I just thought of a couple more things -

two weeks ago, during the blizzard, I gave myself a light TCA peel...

In the past year, I have started use much more effective sunscreens.

The message here is that our extra efforts do pay off...

I think good makeup is key too. I took the time to discover the best undereye concealers, most flattering foundation and eye shadow shades..

I realize this may be overkill to some, but I have to admit that of all the things I fear the most about aging - one of the worst is not looking like the person you have always seen in the mirror. Of course, I wonder about the horrors of bad plastic surgery...it would seem a shock to look like a different person.

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

two weeks ago, during the blizzard, I gave myself a light TCA peel...

What % TCA did you use BFG, and did you do all over or just spot treat?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley - I was going to ask the same. Where do you get the TCA peel product from?

What is your favorite sunscreen product? I'm sure this definitely has made a difference. I've been applying sunscreen mixed with a heavy water (Carole Maggio does this and her skin really is lovely).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
It is from Makeup Artists Choice.com

15% TCA layer on top of 1 layer of Jessners solution that I purchased at makemeheal.com

I probably will not re-purchase the Jessners, too expensive and I believe TCA works as well.

I have really cut down on how often I do chem peels, after researching the benefits of dermarolling...they are just two different animals. (also, what I learned about the dangers of too much and too often with inflammation)

I saw the blizzard coming, knew I would get stuck indoors and just decided it was a good time for a peel!

I believe the success I have had is not due to one part of my routine - but everything altogether - with the results now coming to fruition.

If it weren't for a bit of telltale facial sagging, I would easily say my face looks the same as it did in my mid-thirties and I am now 49.

Chem peels are funny - even if you use the exact same topicals (percentages, types,etc.), you never the same results twice and I totally believe that is because our skin is forever in a state of flux..

For sunscreen, I use Bioderma Max Lait on the clearest days and Blue Lizard on cloudy days. I believe the next step is just to use the Bioderma all the time, no matter what...

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
It is from Makeup Artists Choice.com

15% TCA layer on top of 1 layer of Jessners solution that I purchased at makemeheal.com

Thanks, BF. I was using perfectcomplexions 12.5 but am now upping it to the 18%. Did you frost with the 15%?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I did frost with the 15%, I think because the upper layers of skin on my face are already thin from continuous use of Retin A.

Due to the unpredictable nature of TCA, I am much more likely to add another layer of TCA rather than upping the strength of the solution.

In fact, whenever I order again, I am going to order the lowest strength, not 15%.

Easier to contol and add layers, rather than take a chance with a stronger solution.

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I did frost with the 15%, I think because the upper layers of skin on my face are already thin from continuous use of Retin A.

Yes, I think the Retin A definitely helps with the frost. I started at the 12.5% but I want to go a little higher. 18 is as high as I will go at home, though, as I am not comfortable with anything more than that.
vc0117
5% products discount

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
oh gosh, the obsession is complete.

Now, whenever I see people who work in my office and they have wrinkles or uneven skin tone, I find myself wanting to tell them about rolling or slip them a little Retin A...I keep looking at their faces and wondering how much they could be turned back in time.

This is bad. BF

Hi Barefootgirl, what Retin A would you recommend? do I need a prescription?
thanks!
ChicitaGatita
5% products discount

Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I really don't have a fixed recipe.

Here's what I do:

I take a small 10 ml disposable cup that I purchased from Lotioncrafter and fill it about 1/3 full with the carrier oil - either SkinActives Antioxidant oil or the red palm oil, then I add about 1 ml of the tetrahexydecyl ascorbate and 1 ml each of both retinyl palmitate and the natural oil form of Vitamin E (forget the name of it).

I then stir these together all very well and apply to my face and now, my hands as well. One batch of the concoction lasts for about 4 applications I think.

I am considering the addition of some kind of peptides to the mix - just haven't gotten there yet.

BF

Hi BFG!

I really like how simple this recipe is, thank you. I want to create this for my dermaroller product but I'm new to DIY. Are you able to tell me which online store you buy each of your ingredients from?

Thank you Smile CG
Suellen

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sister sweets what exactly is heavy water and where do you buy it?
TIA
Suellen
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I would like to add the mention of topical hormones to this thread - but don't have any specific recommendations yet on a protocol (types, percentages, frequency, etc.)

BF
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
BF- thanks for bumping this thread up (& I look forward to any additional info you can add to it).

I don't remember reading any farther than the 1st page when this first appeared, so it was great to re-read it and see some of the links provided. One that Lacey gave - an Overview of Cosmeceuticals -- mentions a study on CPs (I'm a fan, ya know Wink ) saying how CP's may be able to help produce new collagen and hence repair aged skin. With the success I've had with them, I can attest to that and think it should be added to your list of Evidence Based Anti-Aging products.

I saw another article on your Inflammation thread that rileygirl posted a link to that mentions 5 studies on CPs for anti-aging. This article was on peptides in general and states that GHK-Cu (CP)is both a carrier and signal peptide.
Signal peptides stimulate matrix protein production in general and collagen synthesis in specific. They may be accomplished by stimulation and growth of different skin cells like human skin fibroblasts. Signal peptides can also increase elastin, proteoglycan, glycosaminoglycans and fibronectin proliferation. By increasing matrix cell activities and consequently collagen production, the skin looks firmer and younger.

I know Dr Pickart from Skin Biology has always stated these things, but it's nice to see someone else (in these articles)saying it as well.

By the way - way to go on lookin' so good! Claudia Shiffer - Dancing That's quite a compliment! And to have your parents questioning how you do it - whoohoo!! Your routine is so simple - and it seems to serve you well. We could all learn from you on this one!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |